Demi Mitchell

Walter Kidd

Lord Beni of Gorgie
30 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

He spent a lot of time injured. H'es a decent player at left midfield but he's too lightweight for left back, he's too easily dispossesed. I just have the feeling that it's the MANU connection that people are impressed by.

His pace and skills impress me. His lack of sense and knowledge disappoint me

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jambonian

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kila

• 1971fozzy

His body language is screaming out that he doesn't want to be here.

Let him go, no point in him and us wasting what is left of the season imo.

19 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I saw him train yesterday and he was buzzing about the place. 

54 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Rubbish

55 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I agree. I think his attitude has been poor this season.

Hackney Hearts

His body language is saying that he's struggling with confidence just at the moment - nothing to do with not caring, or 'wanting to be somewhere else'. If that was the case, Levein wouldn't give him the time of day. He's our best wing back if he can rediscover his form.

Maybe he's just got fed up with being played as a left back. Made too many mistakes playing there which can effect confidence, at least if he's further forward and makes a mistake then it's away from the oppositions danger areas. He, like many others that come here, are good quality players then fall away as the weeks and months go on, seen it so often over the last couple of years or more at Tynie. I personally think he's jus a bit pissed off and when he eventually gets a move he'll become a very decent player again under another clubs' much better attacking/training style. He's better getting away from here for his own sake, and his sanity. Nothing against the guy wish him all the best in the future.

32 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Maybe he's just got fed up with being played as a left back. Made too many mistakes playing there which can effect confidence, at least if he's further forward and makes a mistake then it's away from the oppositions danger areas. He, like many others that come here, are good quality players then fall away as the weeks and months go on, seen it so often over the last couple of years or more at Tynie. I personally think he's jus a bit pissed off and when he eventually gets a move he'll become a very decent player again under another clubs' much better attacking/training style. He's better getting away from here for his own sake, and his sanity. Nothing against the guy wish him all the best in the future.

Yeah, I heard Godinho got fined 2 weeks wages for appearing at least twice in the opposition box last week:laugh:.

Did you read Levein's comments on the reason for having Mitchell on the bench before Ben?

Edited by Rudolf

6 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Yeah, I heard Godinho got fined 2 weeks wages for appearing at least twice in the opposition box last week:laugh:.

Oh dear....and we're off! I forgot that anything posted turns into a slagging match on here.

The point is that maybe he can't or won't adjust to out style of play, like others before. Of course players will get into the box, it's football but it doesn't happen enough. I look back at the Livy cup tie and we got in their box about 2 times throughout the game that I can recall. Then against Dundee they were all over us as we passed far too often out wide and across the middle without actually creating anything. A Dundee team that has lost their next two games since, a home game against the lowly Motherwell and knocked out the Cup by lower League QoS. Don't think they'd picked up that many points before they played us. We played well against St Johnstone at the weekend but for me that's the worst performance I've seen from St Johnstone at Tynie in a very long time. Be very interesting to see how we fare against Killie tonight. It will be tough but we have to attack.

10 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Mulraney could not lace Demis boots.

I agree but if Mitchell isn't interested in getting the finger out then, like any player, he'll get dropped. He was terrific last season, don't know what's gone wrong this season, is it what Levein is asking him to do? Can't he adapt or is it just that he won't? No-one knows. To me he looks uninterested. Mulraney was a player that couldn't even get into the first eleven at Inverness and regularly and spent more time on the subs bench than playing, Mitchell's background is of higher calibre so he should be one of our top 3 players at the club. He has the talent and the skill but he's not showing it.

Edited by jambonian

4 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I agree but if Mitchell isn't interested in getting the finger out then, like any player, he'll get dropped. He was terrific last season, don't know what's gone wrong this season, is it what Levein is asking him to do? Can't he adapt or is it just that he won't? No-one knows. To me he looks uninterested. Mulraney was a player that couldn't even get into the first eleven at Inverness and regularly and spent more time on the subs bench than playing, Mitchell's background is of higher calibre so he should be one of our top 3 players at the club. He has the talent and the skill but he's not showing it.

Certainly based on current form I'd be playing Mulraney in front of him tonight. For whatever reason Demi isn't the player he was last season and, chances are we're going to have to defend tonight.

3 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Certainly based on current form I'd be playing Mulraney in front of him tonight. For whatever reason Demi isn't the player he was last season and, chances are we're going to have to defend tonight.

I think so as well. It's going to be a tough game, our record down there isn't that great anyway, even when they were pish so we'll have our work cut out to get anything tonight. Anything is possible though, you never know.

2 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I think so as well. It's going to be a tough game, our record down there isn't that great anyway, even when they were pish so we'll have our work cut out to get anything tonight. Anything is possible though, you never know.

We've been a bit inconsistent but Naismith is playing and we are always better with him. Vanececk can make a difference up top and I reckon we can do em

Just now, Jamhammer said:

We've been a bit inconsistent but Naismith is playing and we are always better with him. Vanececk can make a difference up top and I reckon we can do em

Fingers crossed!

42 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Difference is Mulraney is improving, Mitchell has gone backwards.

If Mulraney keeps improving with his pace, he will be a great asset.

2 hours ago, jambonian said:

Oh dear....and we're off! I forgot that anything posted turns into a slagging match on here.

The point is that maybe he can't or won't adjust to out style of play, like others before. Of course players will get into the box, it's football but it doesn't happen enough. I look back at the Livy cup tie and we got in their box about 2 times throughout the game that I can recall. Then against Dundee they were all over us as we passed far too often out wide and across the middle without actually creating anything. A Dundee team that has lost their next two games since, a home game against the lowly Motherwell and knocked out the Cup by lower League QoS. Don't think they'd picked up that many points before they played us. We played well against St Johnstone at the weekend but for me that's the worst performance I've seen from St Johnstone at Tynie in a very long time. Be very interesting to see how we fare against Killie tonight. It will be tough but we have to attack.

Any post that includes unsubstantiated rubbish such as the part of your post I quoted deserves an answer.

3 hours ago, jambonian said:

I don't get this left back argument.

He should be getting forward in any formation. He just hasn't created enough. 

Mitchell is what I would call a luxury player, he has faults and in certain games his faults outweigh the positives in some supporters eyes.

Personally, I want all our best players on the pitch and I want to see us taking risks. You play Mitchell, you're  taking a risk. 

With Berra back and hopefully getting his mojo back, he'll get back to managing his area of the pitch like last season. Mitchell will benefit massively from that.

itsnomarooned

How do these loan deals work in terms of expectations of the loaning club? If Man U are looking to develop Mitchell as at LB, would there be any stipulation that we should be playing him there. Or do we take a player and then have carte blanche to play then wherever we like?

itsnomarooned
4 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

It is harder than you think trying to tie laces the 'wrong' way round but I rather suspect he'd manage.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 hours ago, jambonian said:

Interesting that you chose not to pick out Mitchells intelligent run, link up with Naismith and then feeding to Lee, which resulted in the goal.

I love balance.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, itsnomarooned said:

How do these loan deals work in terms of expectations of the loaning club? If Man U are looking to develop Mitchell as at LB, would there be any stipulation that we should be playing him there. Or do we take a player and then have carte blanche to play then wherever we like?

I think developing a player is seeing what they can do in different situations. Not become a 1 trick pony. It will be case by case though I expect, contrary to fan opinion these are people not robots

14 hours ago, luckydug said:

I think it’s a confidence thing. Not that he doesn’t want to be here. He’s not really been the same since that **** up at Ibrox.

I’d be happy to see him leave but would be amazed if he went to Prem. Had half a decent season when he first arrived got injured and has never been the same player since we now keep playing him waiting for the player who first arrived to reappear only he doesn’t so let’s move on. 

1 minute ago, feedthefox said:

I’d be happy to see him leave but would be amazed if he went to Prem. Had half a decent season when he first arrived got injured and has never been the same player since we now keep playing him waiting for the player who first arrived to reappear only he doesn’t so let’s move on. 

He's staying for the rest of the season.

Hopefully he kicks on. 

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

He's staying for the rest of the season.

Hopefully he kicks on. 

Well that’s that then fingers crossed he does.kick on. Even Levein seems to have finally lost a bit of trust in him maybe he will have one stormer and it will all click back into shape for him. 

18 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Interesting that you chose not to pick out Mitchells intelligent run, link up with Naismith and then feeding to Lee, which resulted in the goal.

I love balance.

I didn't need to. We all know his capabilities but compared to last season, he's done it in dribs n drabs. That's the whole point of the topic here isn't it? Or am i wrong? The majority know what he's capable of, both you, me and others but he hasn't done enough this season. You can't even disagree with that. Interesting that you chose to pick out that excellent move and mention nothing of his poor performances throughout the season. See...I love balance too.

16 minutes ago, feedthefox said:

Well that’s that then fingers crossed he does.kick on. Even Levein seems to have finally lost a bit of trust in him maybe he will have one stormer and it will all click back into shape for him. 

Yes, that would be good. Hopefully if he plays from the start tonight, he has a wonder game and we manage to pick up the three points. Got the skill and talent, needs to show it more.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, jambonian said:

I didn't need to. We all know his capabilities but compared to last season, he's done it in dribs n drabs. That's the whole point of the topic here isn't it? Or am i wrong? The majority know what he's capable of, both you, me and others but he hasn't done enough this season. You can't even disagree with that. Interesting that you chose to pick out that excellent move and mention nothing of his poor performances throughout the season. See...I love balance too.

You haven't looked hard enough then and it was embarrassingly easy to find my balanced view.

I'm not really getting the Mulraney chat here. He had a good second half against St Johnstone but up until then, he's done absolutely nothing to suggest (to me anyway) that he's going to be a regular starter. His end product needs to improve dramatically. 

46 minutes ago, iainmac said:

I'm not really getting the Mulraney chat here. He had a good second half against St Johnstone but up until then, he's done absolutely nothing to suggest (to me anyway) that he's going to be a regular starter. His end product needs to improve dramatically. 

He was decent in the first half too to be fair to him Iain.

Unlucky with the shot that the keeper deflected onto the post and the cross for Godinho's header was put into a dangerous area.

Agree that he has does nothing else though (other than a decent game when we beat Celtic in August) but hopefully he's turned the corner.

Cue him being mince tonight:laugh:

Demi has the skills but he’s another big time Charlie too 

busy posting pictures on Instagram with his latest designer outfit on whilst pouting and posing. Too many of these wee splashes around just now. Levein will sort him out though or he will leave. 

Him and Vanecek could may be start up a band. 

Edited by spirt of 98

3 hours ago, Rudolf said:

He was decent in the first half too to be fair to him Iain.

Unlucky with the shot that the keeper deflected onto the post and the cross for Godinho's header was put into a dangerous area.

Agree that he has does nothing else though (other than a decent game when we beat Celtic in August) but hopefully he's turned the corner.

Cue him being mince tonight:laugh:

It is an important moment for him tonight. 

Starting is different to coming on as a sub, which he normally is , and this is away from home. People will be looking to see how well he starts, and if he does, can he keep himself in the game and not drop off the pace?

It’s about his hunger tonight and how much he really wants to possess the jersey.

Edited by Debut 4

fabienleclerq

He wouldn't be missed tbh. He was fantastic in his first spell, this time round he has been poor. He looks every bit like a player who thought he would swan into the first team at United and become a superstar but forgot he has to work for it.

9 minutes ago, RDSK said:

Posted on Instagram a picture of him in a Manchester United coat with the caption “Home sweet home”.

Is he injured? 

:levein_interesting:

15 minutes ago, RDSK said:

Posted on Instagram a picture of him in a Manchester United coat with the caption “Home sweet home”.

Is he injured? 

Looked pretty glum in the pic

9 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

He wouldn't be missed tbh. He was fantastic in his first spell, this time round he has been poor. He looks every bit like a player who thought he would swan into the first team at United and become a superstar but forgot he has to work for it.

That’s quite an assumption.