• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jambonian

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kila

• 1971fozzy

1 minute ago, Walter Kidd said:

Possibly going to Fulham or Cardiff. Shame as he’s a good player. 

Transfer or loan? 

I thought he was here for the season.

tartofmidlothian

Think we should be trying to replace him if he does go? Maybe Ainsworth is lined up just in case, would he be a straight swap?

Not sure about this at all and assuming we don’t bring in a replacement 

if garuccio gets injured I don’t think burns would be the answer - we should really get a back up in first and if there is any truth in this 

He's not being used correctly. Guy is never a left back.

Get him pushed further forward as you want him running at defenders. Played a big part in our second goal last Saturday.

Dreadful left back. Either we play him left wing or don’t play him at all. Doesn’t look as bothered this time around in comparison when he came on loan for the second half of last season.

1 minute ago, Lambo85 said:

Get him pushed further forward as you want him running at defenders. Played a big part in our second goal last Saturday.

correct.

rambothejambo
1 minute ago, Lambo85 said:

Exactly this, never a full back. Play him as an old fashioned wing half, then we'll see the best of him.

Thought he looked alright in his cameo against st's. At that point we were pushing forward and looking to attack at every opportunity though, that's where he's at his best, driving forward and getting involved in the attacking play.

letsalldothebeattie

According to those around OT only way a deal could be done today is if a suitable offer comes in for Demi. Both want him on loan so it’s not like it’s a permanent deal for Demi. Is he likely to play more regularly for either in the Prem? I personally can’t see that being the case 

16 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

:spoton:

He's been pish this season. He's done enough to get sent back to man utd. I would prefer Ben to be our first choice and get a youngster in for cover.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

IMO nowhere near good enough for the Premier League. Certainly not as a defender

Depends. 

Sol Bamba and Docherty hold their own. 

Definitely not a man Utd player, but there's allot of pish down the bottom half of the Epl for average players to make a living. 

Hopefully true, he’s been rank rotten even when he has been used as a winger! Garruccio much better at LB and I’d rather we try give Mulraney game time as either a wing back or LW than see Demi running about contributing nothing for another 4 months. 

1 hour ago, andrew said:

I wonder if we'd receive a fee to terminate his loan early?

Either way he's not looked interest this season.

Probably not, probably not in our interest to even ask for one tbh. 

Anything we'd get would be worth less than Man Utd 'owing' us a favour in terms of loaning young players in the future.

Never a full back, a wing back all day long. He’s a good player, we’ve all seen it. Don’t know what has happened to him this season.  

Never going to make it at premier league level I dont think.  How Man U could posssibly think he is a full abck I do no know.  

I do like him when Levein plays him more advanced he can at least cross a football which a plus side when it comes to our wingers and has the ability to go past players and shoot.  Feel much better with him more advanced up the pitch. 

I don't think his heart has been in it this season. Sounded like coming here was a last resort for him as other things fell through in the summer. 

1 hour ago, boag1874 said:

Hopefully true, he’s been rank rotten even when he has been used as a winger! Garruccio much better at LB and I’d rather we try give Mulraney game time as either a wing back or LW than see Demi running about contributing nothing for another 4 months. 

This.

His attitude compared to last season is like night and day.

His trip to the states with Man Utd has hampered him rather than helped him.

letsalldothebeattie
1 hour ago, Bainy said:

Never going to make it at premier league level I dont think.  How Man U could posssibly think he is a full abck I do no know.  

I do like him when Levein plays him more advanced he can at least cross a football which a plus side when it comes to our wingers and has the ability to go past players and shoot.  Feel much better with him more advanced up the pitch. 

Highly rated as a winger at United but with Martial, Rashford, Young etc in they positions & the major doubts over Luke Shaw they thought the best option was to turn Mitchell into a full back. Only started as a full back about 6 months to a year before joining us last January. Can tell this season he’s not comfortable in the position and would rather play further forward as he’s naturally a winger

2 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Never a full back, a wing back all day long. He’s a good player, we’ve all seen it. Don’t know what has happened to him this season.  

Agree with your first remark.1 goal in  how many games? it would be interesting to know how many assists.

'Flatters to deceive' springs to mind.

51 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Agree with your first remark.1 goal in  how many games? it would be interesting to know how many assists.

'Flatters to deceive' springs to mind.

How many times has Demi started as a wing back with us as a back 3? Not many this season. 

Last season we were a 3 man defence more often than not and Demi at WB was a revelation.

He has been awful more often than not. You still need to tackle, header and keep the ball no matter what system we play. He hasn't done that.

maroonlegions

Hung out to dry at left back, simple, real shame for the boy as there is a cracking player in him.

If it was me getting hung out to dry every week i would want to feck off.

Confidence in young  players should be nurtured  and not bulldozed into positions they are not suited at.

Great job by his agent to get him a move on the evidence of this season. His confidence is very low but he is very predictable and teams know what he is going to do. Not sure if it's because he's on loan but he doesn't take responsibility on the pitch and is prone to taking risks when any potential gain is outweighed by the danger of him losing the ball. On balance I would like to see more of Burns in the second half of the season. 

Edited by Jodami

1 hour ago, maroonlegions said:

Hung out to dry at left back, simple, real shame for the boy as there is a cracking player in him.

Confidence in young  players should be nurtured  and not bulldozed into positions they are not suited at.

I think he lacks a bit of commitment in the tackles/defending since his injury, maybe still getting over the psychological part. Needs to bulk up a bit too. But if that's not possible, he's great in attack, so the focus should be on him doing that with little defensive duties.

1 hour ago, maroonlegions said:

This

Stephane Grappelli

According to the Spanish press, Real Madrid in for Demi if Gareth Bale completes his loan move to Hibs before the deadline.

4 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

According to the Spanish press, Real Madrid in for Demi if Gareth Bale completes his loan move to Hibs before the deadline.

Not like the media to fail to give the full story...

Bale to hibs hinges on Butcher going back to Easter road as director of football with a riordan & O’Jos management team.

6 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Not like the media to fail to give the full story...

Bale to hibs hinges on Butcher going back to Easter road as director of football with a riordan & O’Jos management team.

I thought it was whether he liked the Hibs rented house in Salamander Street.

1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

For all those who say he’s been ‘hung out to dry’ at left back.......

He seemed to do pretty well in that position last season.

He spent a lot of time injured. H'es a decent player at left midfield but he's too lightweight for left back, he's too easily dispossesed. I just have the feeling that it's the MANU connection that people are impressed by.

Just now, 132goals1958 said:

I thought it was whether he liked the Hibs rented house in Salamander Street.

Nah that was Rooney. Declined the offer when he visited and some of the “local women” were under 65. 

Demi's 1st spell with us earned him the right to be played as a left back again.

He's not played as well this time round. I wonder if his confidence was dented by not being asked to stay on at Man U after going to America in pre-season with them. 

For those that bang on about him being played further forward, that has happened in a few games this season, from the start and when we've switched mid-game. The last I can recall from the start was as a left midfielder at Livingston (with Garuccio behind him) and again he did not deliver.