Venezuela.....

Section Q

To suddenly attempt an armed coup after so many months of diplomacy and political pressure seems counter-productive to me.

maroonlegions

Timing, no smoke without fire.

“A new study from the Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR) has found that tens of thousands of Venezuelans have died as a direct result of Trump administration sanctions put into effect in August 2017, and that tens of thousands more are expected to die as a result of additional sanctions put into place in January of this year.”

39 minutes ago, Peebo said:

In recent years, most coups seemed to have happened in Africa.

The last coup attempt I can recall in South America was early last decade, in Venezuela.

Lots of riots and demos all over the world! 

Probably so, it was just a casual reflection of past years and not meant to be a statement of statistical value.

3 hours ago, bobsharp said:

Probably so, it was just a casual reflection of past years and not meant to be a statement of statistical value.

Fair dues. My comment was just meant to be the continuation of discussion on a discussion board. An observation in response to another observation. 

Diadora Van Basten

I read about to guys from Leicester who got banged up in Venuezela. I think they got out because Chavez decided that two years is the maximum that anyone should spend in jail.