Japan

jake

Seymour M Hersh
5 hours ago, Tazio said:

A friend was recently in Tokyo for a month and described it as Disneyland for paedophiles. 

With a legal sex age of 13 you can understand why he/she thought that. However I believe a lot of areas are change the minimum age. Don't know to what age though maybe 14. ::troll::

6 hours ago, Tazio said:

A friend was recently in Tokyo for a month and described it as Disneyland for paedophiles. 

Watched Stacy Dooley programme last night.

So your friend was spot on.

7 hours ago, Tazio said:

With respect your friend talks crap and making a sweeping generalisation of a city with a population 2.5x the size of London that makes Edinburgh look like farmland is silly.

Its like saying Edinburgh is a 60's shithole after visiting Pilton.

Theres odd places in Tokyo, Harajuku for instance(which I don't understand at all) but Harajuku doesn't = Tokyo and Tokyo doesn't = Japan.

1 minute ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

With respect your friend talks crap and making a sweeping generalisation of a city with a population 2.5x the size of London that makes Edinburgh look like farmland is silly.

Its like saying Edinburgh is a 60's shithole after visiting Pilton.

Theres odd places in Tokyo, Harajuku for instance(which I don't understand at all) but Harajuku doesn't = Tokyo and Tokyo doesn't = Japan.

Of course it was a generalisation but there is still an odd attitude to sexualising young girls compared to the west. One example she gave was a bar next to the hotel she was staying in thats USP was businessmen playing board games with young women dressed as schoolgirls. That's just not normal to European standards.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

I remember watching a documentary about Japan, about 20 years ago. There were vending machines you could buy schoolgirls pants that had been worn. It didn't say who had worn them, mind - maybe a 60 year old bricky?

Certainly looked a strange place. 

46 minutes ago, jake said:

Watched Stacy Dooley programme last night.

So your friend was spot on.

So you've based your view on a whole country on what Stacy Dooley decides to edit into her TV programme ?

16 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Of course it was a generalisation but there is still an odd attitude to sexualising young girls compared to the west. One example she gave was a bar next to the hotel she was staying in thats USP was businessmen playing board games with young women dressed as schoolgirls. That's just not normal to European standards.

I'm sure they find many things in Europe which they consider are not normal to Japanese/Asian standards.

Different cultures, hence you can't compare ours to theirs and vice versa, in fact I'd doubt any Asian country could be classed as 'normal' according to European standards.

1 hour ago, Herbert said:

So you've based your view on a whole country on what Stacy Dooley decides to edit into her TV programme ?

No.

luckyBatistuta
16 minutes ago, jake said:

Stacy Dooley programme last night mate.

Missed that, bbc yeah? Will try and get a look.

29 minutes ago, jake said:

No.

What does your first post say?

18 minutes ago, jake said:

Japan has it seems a serious problem with the sexualisation of children.

And it seems  turns a blind eye to paedophilia.

They aren't paedophiles though are they? age of consent is 14 same as Germany,Austria,Italy,Portugal etc..... 

7 minutes ago, Herbert said:

What does your first post say?

They aren't paedophiles though are they? age of consent is 14 same as Germany,Austria,Italy,Portugal etc..... 

My first post is a question.

There are places where girls most of who were under the age of 14 who are there to keep grown men company and you can take them for a walk.

Creepy as fek.

On further investigation it was a bit more than that.

The imagery in general is of children in a sexual nature.

Have a watch and tell me if you are comfortable that it's solely "culture"

Edited by jake

By the way the age of consent in Germany is 14.

But if you are over 21 and have sex with someone 14 to 15 it's illegal.

So while you may be  right you are also wrong.

43 minutes ago, jake said:

By the way the age of consent in Germany is 14.

But if you are over 21 and have sex with someone 14 to 15 it's illegal.

So while you may be  right you are also wrong.

No I'm right. I said age of consent is 14 nothing about the age of the other person. You know we would be classed as paedophiles in alot of countries such as Ireland and Turkey for having sex at 16. Your taking what you class as a sexual nature based on what we have here where girls wearing short skirts are slags etd. Guys taking young girls for a walk is creepy but they probably see that as something as innocent as taking a mates kid to the football. I don't know enough about Japanese culture so someone who does could correct me.

Greatest country in the world for me. Been many times and will continue to visit every year. 

Basing your opinion on a country after watching a TV documentary about a few weirdos is strange behaviour. IMO, of course.

chester copperpot
41 minutes ago, JimKongUno said:

Every nation on earth is full of beasts and pedo's , including our own .

WAJ agrees

Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, Tazio said:

And there's the rub Taz. We judge everyone else by our standards. What makes our standards so morally superior?

53 minutes ago, Herbert said:

No I'm right. I said age of consent is 14 nothing about the age of the other person. You know we would be classed as paedophiles in alot of countries such as Ireland and Turkey for having sex at 16. Your taking what you class as a sexual nature based on what we have here where girls wearing short skirts are slags etd. Guys taking young girls for a walk is creepy but they probably see that as something as innocent as taking a mates kid to the football. I don't know enough about Japanese culture so someone who does could correct me.

Have a watch at it mate.

See what you think.

Just recently forty seven men were arrested at a Vancouver hotel for illegally hiring under age girls for sex. One was a teacher, one was a fireman and one worked for a City in the education department. The whole thing was the result of a sting  by police acting on complaints from street trade workers. (hookers).

21 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

And there's the rub Taz. We judge everyone else by our standards. What makes our standards so morally superior?

You've just summed up the last couple of hundred years of European society. 

Japan is an amazing country.

Tokyo, like many capital cities, is a contradiction of itself and attracts much of the population from those that feel like they don't conform the norms of Japanese culture outwith the capital city.

You still get vending machines for pants and beer on the streets.

I might like them better when they stop the slaughter of whales and dolphins . Although the stories my old uncle told us about -he was a Chindit- kind of influences my opinion about Japan . 

Not having been there I’ll take on board the positives some have said about the place but I’ll reserve my judgement 

8FC0496D-AABE-4A59-ACB8-6D7E4DD5CD7B.jpeg

15 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

I might like them better when they stop the slaughter of whales and dolphins . Although the stories my old uncle told us about -he was a Chindit- kind of influences my opinion about Japan . 

Not having been there I’ll take on board the positives some have said about the place but I’ll reserve my judgement 

Agreed, cruel buggers.

No need in this day and age to resume commercial whaling.

1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

Used to know a P.O.W. of the Japanese, never had a nice word to say about them, hated them with a passion.

1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

Not everyone in Japan has a boat and a harpoon in their garage , im pretty sure the vast majority of them have never killed a whale or dolphin in their lives

Governor Tarkin

Had a Japanese bursd for a while.

Nice enough lassie but her ladybits were all pixelated. 

True story.

Seymour M Hersh
35 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

True story.

:rofl:

41 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

True story.

:rofl: FFS

I had a passionate hatred of Japanese as a result of childhood wartime tales. They were cruel, particularly to prisoners of war,they were easy to hate. As time has gone on and having met a number of Japanese Canadians I have always found them polite and pleasant. One thing I have realised is that people my age, born in Scotland had quite a lot of hates during our lives. Boers, Nazis, Japanese, for a short time Jews in Palestine who murdered British soldiers. Egyptians, and the list goes on. Funny enough when you meet people your own age from these countries you find that they had the same choices as yourself, to hate all the others, and basically to shuttup and do what you were told.

Edited by bobsharp

1 hour ago, JimKongUno said:

Not everyone in Japan has a boat and a harpoon in their garage , im pretty sure the vast majority of them have never killed a whale or dolphin in their lives

At no point did I say they did in fact I did say I’d take on board the positives that other posters have said . 

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

True story.

I'm trying to picture that.

3 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

True story.

We've chewed on the same dirt. 

queensferryjambo

I have worked and lived in Japan on more than one occasion. I have also worked with lots of Japanese people in the past whilst over here in Scotland and when I worked in Ireland.

I found the Japanese people to be the nicest friendliest people I have ever met and I have travelled about a lot when I used to work field service. A more respectful, helpful and courteous nation of people you will never meet.

Generalisation of an entire nation as paedophiles, whale killers and World War II war criminals is as hilarious as it is ridiculous. It's like saying every Scotsman is an alcoholic, imperialistic war monger who is a fully fledged member of the slave trade.

People need to get out and travel the world meet real people and stop watching extreme sensationalist bullshit on TV & youtube IMO.

17 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

I have worked and lived in Japan on more than one occasion. I have also worked with lots of Japanese people in the past whilst over here in Scotland and when I worked in Ireland.

I found the Japanese people to be the nicest friendliest people I have ever met and I have travelled about a lot when I used to work field service. A more respectful, helpful and courteous nation of people you will never meet.

Generalisation of an entire nation as paedophiles, whale killers and World War II war criminals is as hilarious as it is ridiculous. It's like saying every Scotsman is an alcoholic, imperialistic war monger who is a fully fledged member of the slave trade.

People need to get out and travel the world meet real people and stop watching extreme sensationalist bullshit on TV & youtube IMO.

Agree with most of that but the sensationalist bit I can’t ( if it’s about the slaughter of whales and dolphins ) as it’s a fact unfortunately  . 

Ive not had many Japanese passengers in the taxi but the ones I’ve had have been very nice , very polite . 

queensferryjambo
1 minute ago, 3fingersreid said:

Agree with most of that but the sensationalist bit I can’t ( if it’s about the slaughter of whales and dolphins ) as it’s a fact unfortunately  . 

Ive not had many Japanese passengers in the taxi but the ones I’ve had have been very nice , very polite . 

Sorry I wasn't trying to play down slaughter of whales and dolphins at all it is a despicable practice.

When I was referring to sensationalist I was referring to the style of media that is all over the place just now.

38 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

Sorry I wasn't trying to play down slaughter of whales and dolphins at all it is a despicable practice.

When I was referring to sensationalist I was referring to the style of media that is all over the place just now.

No need to apologise mate ????

8 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

I agree with your opinion of the slaughtered Whales and Dolphins. But I don't see it as more disgusting than the slaughter of cows, sheep, pigs and chickens over here. 

8 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I agree with your opinion of the slaughtered Whales and Dolphins. But I don't see it as more disgusting than the slaughter of cows, sheep, pigs and chickens over here. 

It's not about disgust though, or even the ethics of killing animal. It's about conservation.

Domestic livestock are farmed .  Until we start farming dolphins and whales - commercial killing of these creatures will always be sensitive. 

That aside - the Japanese are a wonderful nation - imho.

7 minutes ago, felix said:

It's not about disgust though, or even the ethics of killing animal. It's about conservation.

Domestic livestock are farmed .  Until we start farming dolphins and whales - commercial killing of these creatures will always be sensitive. 

That aside - the Japanese are a wonderful nation - imho.

Killing is killing, and creating to kill is worse.