Squad numbers for the u18

jamboinglasgow

jamboinglasgow

Does anyone know the squad numbers for the u18s? Was watching Bobby Burns instagrsm story and I saw a player wearing 52 who I have not seen before. Certainly not one of the guys who were announced as being promoted from the academy in the summer. Could be a trialist.

20 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Does anyone know the squad numbers for the u18s? Was watching Bobby Burns instagrsm story and I saw a player wearing 52 who I have not seen before. Certainly not one of the guys who were announced as being promoted from the academy in the summer. Could be a trialist.

Try asking this guy if you are on Twitter 

@FutureIsMaroon

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I don't know all the squad numbers for this year, but Aaron Hickey wore no 51 when he was on the bench for the Livi debacle. That would suggest to me that 52 will be worn by one of the other new recruits this season, e.g. Scott McGill, Brodie Strang or Mackenzie Lawler etc.

Hearts normally allocate new numbers for their youth players on the basis of their date of birth (unless they have progressed to the first team squad). Brodie Strang follows Aaron as being next in birth date order, so he would be my best guess. 

Edited by Footballfirst

21 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I don't know all the squad numbers for this year, but Aaron Hickey wore no 51 when he was on the bench for the Livi debacle. That would suggest to me that 52 will be worn by one of the other new recruits this season, e.g. Scott McGill, Brodie Strang or Mackenzie Lawler etc.

Hearts normally allocate new numbers for their youth players on the basis of their date of birth (unless they have progressed to the first team squad). Brodie Strang follows Aaron as being next in birth date order, so he would be my best guess. 

it’s not Brodie strang

https://cl.ly/9e56c6b2078b

heres a screenshot of the video

Footballfirst
19 minutes ago, Dayman said:

it’s not Brodie strang

https://cl.ly/9e56c6b2078b

heres a screenshot of the video

That's certainly not Brodie.

I saw that lad watching last Friday's U18 game against Partick, but I didn't know who he was. He was sitting with a group of other youngsters, several of whom are out injured at the moment.

The U18s have another home game against ICT on Friday afternoon (1.30pm k.o.) so I'll ask around.

Edited by Footballfirst

Footballfirst

I think I have identified the lad as Jamine (Jay) Nwanze who was training with us at the start of the season (played against Spartans IIRC). If it's the right lad, he is half Irish / half Kenyan and plays centre back.

image.png.aa309e080a6b2c7953a00701db5ce96a.png

allanwilson1970
On 29/01/2019 at 18:19, Footballfirst said:

That's certainly not Brodie.

I saw that lad watching last Friday's U18 game against Partick, but I didn't know who he was. He was sitting with a group of other youngsters, several of whom are out injured at the moment.

The U18s have another home game against ICT on Friday afternoon (1.30pm k.o.) so I'll ask around.

Gutted I missed my first u18 game as was working. Was looking forward to see ICTFC as they have 2/3 players in their team in the bench for their first team each week. They have only lost 1 game all season so was wanting to see them.  How was the game @Footballfirst ? We must have played well to win 3-0?

44 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I think I have identified the lad as Jamine (Jay) Nwanze who was training with us at the start of the season (played against Spartans IIRC). If it's the right lad, he is half Irish / half Kenyan and plays centre back.

Can you see the likes of Chris Hamilton, Cammy Logan, Dean Richie, Connor Smith, Aaron Hickey, etc (the younger players who have been involved in first team games) making it at Hearts? I understand that Connor Smith in particular is very highly rated. 

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, allanwilson1970 said:

Gutted I missed my first u18 game as was working. Was looking forward to see ICTFC as they have 2/3 players in their team in the bench for their first team each week. They have only lost 1 game all season so was wanting to see them.  How was the game @Footballfirst ? We must have played well to win 3-0?

It wasn't great. However, Hearts did start well and hit the post before scoring the opening goal after just 7 minutes, following some neat passing by Connor Smith and Kyle Somers setting up Aidan Denholm for the goal.

After the goal Hearts lost their way, the passing was slack, the ball wasn't sticking with the strikers and there was poor decision making at times. That allowed ICT back into the game although they didn't create any clear cut chances.

The second goal came after 70 minutes from a long ball into the left channel by Chris Hamilton which Ryan Schiavone managed to reach and cut back across goal for Mackenzie Ramos to score with a simple finish from six yards.

The third goal was probably the best of the three. Josh Doig played the ball down the left touchline for Ryan Schiavone who beat the full back to the ball around 40 yards out, then outpaced the defence to cut in on goal and score with an angled shot across the keeper. 

I was pleased to see the rest of the team applaud Mackenzie Lawlor who come on for the last five minutes, as I think it was his first appearance of the season having been out injured since he signed his full time contract.

Hearts best players were in defence, Harry Stone handled everything that came his way very competently. Darge and Hamilton played with some comfort, but I though Aaron Hickey was the top man, playing both at left back then central midfield after Kyle Somers went off.

Edited by Footballfirst

1 hour ago, allanwilson1970 said:

Today's team line ups

IMG_20190201_185334.jpg

Footballfirst
57 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Can you see the likes of Chris Hamilton, Cammy Logan, Dean Richie, Connor Smith, Aaron Hickey, etc (the younger players who have been involved in first team games) making it at Hearts? I understand that Connor Smith in particular is very highly rated. 

We will be doing well if we get one or two out that group. That's just the way it works. They all show some promise but sometimes its down to luck and taking advantage of a suspension or injury, and basically working their socks off to stay there.

They probably all have a reasonable chance of continuing to play professional football, but most may find that their level is below the top tier.

As an example, I went to a junior cup tie between Cambuslang and Troon last weekend. There were a couple of familiar faces playing for Troon in Christian Nade and Ryan Stevenson. That is their level now. 

As a contrast, a friend of mine watched a Reserve game between Raith Rovers and Berwick Rangers game during the week. Two ex Hearts youngsters were playing for Raith Reserves, Ross Matthews and Michael Mbewe. That is their level now.

jamboinglasgow
On 01/02/2019 at 17:02, Footballfirst said:

Interesting if it is him that we brought him over for another period. The fact there was no announcement of him signing on the official site suggests to me hasn't but I wonder if he has turned 18 yet. But of course it might not be him.

allanwilson1970
On 01/02/2019 at 18:54, Mikey1874 said:

Today's team line ups

IMG_20190201_185334.jpg

Cheers. Number 10 and 11 are on their bench for first team most weeks. Must have been good game. 

• 2 weeks later...
jamboinglasgow
On 01/02/2019 at 17:02, Footballfirst said:

See he played for the U18s last night. Would the team sheets say if he was a trialist? 

Dzd3o5sXQAAzsoJ.jpg

Footballfirst
4 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

See he played for the U18s last night. Would the team sheets say if he was a trialist?

I saw that two, but that image is just a team sheet rather than the official team lines which are multi part forms in a different format.

I don't know if he has signed as yet, but I would hope that we would strengthen the team in that area. In the absence of Chris Hamilton, the best of the rest of the centre backs is Aaron Darge who is still an U16.

I saw a young kid couldn't have been any more than 12. Must be part of the academy and had number 118 on his tracksuit. Almost like the Romanov days are back

Footballfirst
4 hours ago, bazman said:

I saw a young kid couldn't have been any more than 12. Must be part of the academy and had number 118 on his tracksuit. Almost like the Romanov days are back

With kids at U11 to U18 all part of the Club Academy Scotland system, Hearts will probably have the best part of 100 kids involved at the various age groups.

The numbering for full time players goes into the fifties on its own.

jamboinglasgow
9 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

With kids at U11 to U18 all part of the Club Academy Scotland system, Hearts will probably have the best part of 100 kids involved at the various age groups.

Just seen that Hearts have finally put a Under 18s squad list on the official site with the squad numbers for each player (think the ones still to turn professional are the ones without numbers.)

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/squads/academy/academy-team

millerjames398
2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Just wondering out of curiosity, seeing as your the man in the know on the under levels info , if youd heard of or seen a young kid called Leo Harris play, he signed recently, he's my ex's nephew, and heard he was a decent wee player?????

Footballfirst
5 hours ago, millerjames398 said:

Just wondering out of curiosity, seeing as your the man in the know on the under levels info , if youd heard of or seen a young kid called Leo Harris play, he signed recently, he's my ex's nephew, and heard he was a decent wee player?????

I have a note of the names of kids born in 2008 and earlier from the last Academy year (2018). The Academy season now runs on calendar years.

Leo isn't on my list but as you say he signed recently. Do you know what year he was born? I'll look out for him if I know his age group, although I haven't watched that many of the younger age groups games in recent months because of the match scheduling with older groups playing at the same time. 

millerjames398
2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I have a note of the names of kids born in 2008 and earlier from the last Academy year (2018). The Academy season now runs on calendar years.

Leo isn't on my list but as you say he signed recently. Do you know what year he was born? I'll look out for him if I know his age group, although I haven't watched that many of the younger age groups games in recent months because of the match scheduling with older groups playing at the same time. 

Thanks mate, Leo's in primary 6/7 so he must be around 10 yrs old, he was training with the young maroons at stenhousemuir and i think it was Grant who spotted him, and got hearts interested, he was training with celtic as well, but his dad felt he'd have a better chance getting a break through with us, so he gets to live my dream????

Footballfirst
3 hours ago, millerjames398 said:

Thanks mate, Leo's in primary 6/7 so he must be around 10 yrs old, he was training with the young maroons at stenhousemuir and i think it was Grant who spotted him, and got hearts interested, he was training with celtic as well, but his dad felt he'd have a better chance getting a break through with us, so he gets to live my dream????

I was at the Academy watching the U12s play earlier today and popped inside for a look at latest individual and squad pictures of the youngsters. Leo is pictured along with the rest of the U11s for the new season.

Edit: You have a PM

Edited by Footballfirst