Renewing driving licence online

Horatio Caine

Horatio Caine

I have recently done this and it was relatively quick and easy.  Got my new licence yesterday.  However - Mrs Caine also has to renew hers and every time we go to the DVLA web site for renewing your licence, when you click `Start Now` - the legend that comes up is `This site cannot be reached`.  It can't be my laptop - hers does the same.  It can't be a router setting cos I managed to do mine.  Just found out my daughter's partner had the same problem and ended up having to go to the Post Office to renew.  Anybody any advice to offer? (helpful advice!).

Can’t help unfortunately but I done mine last week and got licence yesterday a really quick process and that included changing address !! 

I have no idea but maybe browser etc you are using ?

Horatio Caine
8 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Can’t help unfortunately but I done mine last week and got licence yesterday a really quick process and that included changing address !! 

I have no idea but maybe browser etc you are using ?

Yeah, my renewal also included a change of address.  And, yes it was really quick.  
Tried on Chrome, Edge and Safari.  Same result on each.  

Horatio Caine
1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

is it possible that the website was down when you tried?

Wierdly, my son can get it on his phone ok.

Clear your history on the tablet pc you are using it maybe taking you directly to a page loaded before and is caught in the loop redirecting you to the same page error 

Horatio Caine
4 hours ago, samgolden said:

Clear your history on the tablet pc you are using it maybe taking you directly to a page loaded before and is caught in the loop redirecting you to the same page error 

I've done all that.  I had been on the scam site but realised, got off it and did my application on the genuine one no bother.  Now it won't let me in.  Raging.