Alex Salmond arrested ( merged )

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

What i’m saying is that the fella is suggesting that Salmond is being stitched up. A hollow argument if Salmond gets convicted.

The fella in question is a well respected Scottish journalist.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Roxy Hearts

• Space Mackerel

• Phil Dunphy

• Trapper John McIntyre

Dusk_Till_Dawn
8 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

The fella in question is a well respected Scottish journalist.

Makes no difference. What’s he trying to saying - that the sexual assault/attempted rape charges are invented? 

10 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

Who said he was innocent? Thought people were till proven in a court of law. 

Funny timing though, just as the SNP gear up for Indy 2. I’m away to put my tin foil hat on. 

I wasn't aware they were gearing up for Ref 2.

The insinuation that a government could induce 2 women to make allegations of attempted rape is a bit weird- and frankly offensive.

inappropriate behaviour to your PA - dirty comments and the likes are bad enough - but attempted rape is an entirely different ball park.

Or is Hollyrood even worse than Westminster?

jack D and coke

What is attempted rape anyway? That surely means attacking someone? Leaving them with marks, scratches and bruises etc no? 

32 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

What is attempted rape anyway? That surely means attacking someone? Leaving them with marks, scratches and bruises etc no? 

Not necessarily I wouldn't think.

Attempted rape definition according to here - https://www.yourdictionary.com/attempted-rape

(law) A crime in which rape was the motive for an assault, although no rape was carried out.

So pretty much a more serious form of sexual assault or attempted sexual assault.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Reminded me of this...

18 hours ago, Jlv2004 said:

They may be by certain streams of the media, but to my mind neither government is performing. 

In particular the SNP's dictatorial centralisation doesn't sit well.

Sure, i'd like more decentralisation from the SNP. That is something they should change direction on.  But they do a lot to protect us from Tory policies. Bedroom tax, welfare cuts etc...

11 minutes ago, eddiepolio said:

How the hell are they going to be able to construct an unbiased jury???? On both sides I mean. 

That is always one of the problems with these type of cases involving a high profile public figure.