• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Roxy Hearts

• Space Mackerel

• Phil Dunphy

• Trapper John McIntyre

It will be very interesting to hear what the charges are and how strong the evidence is. 

I suspect he'll not be found guilty but this will hang over him for the rest of his days.

News barely out and I’ve already seen one nut job on social media claiming it’s a government stitch up to discredit the SNP and Scottish independence as he couldn’t possibly be guilty of anything. 

24 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Arrested, charges and due to appear at the Crown Court. 

No Crown Court in Scotland, he'll appear in the Sheriff Court initially.

15 minutes ago, Tazio said:

News barely out and I’ve already seen one nut job on social media claiming it’s a government stitch up to discredit the SNP and Scottish independence as he couldn’t possibly be guilty of anything. 

Yeah

All the comments today will be interesting 

Maybe a mob will gather to release him

Something like the French Revolution perhaps 

33 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Of course once/ if he is charged we should really stop commenting. A wee window exists meantime. 

He has been charged.

Space Mackerel
35 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Michelle Thomson wasn’t even charged yet the media had found her guilty. 

Space Mackerel
52 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Quite ironic you pulled me up on another thread about making political capital from sexual charges and convictions, yet you couldn’t help yourself rushing to here to start a thread about it. :lol: 

Just now, Space Mackerel said:

Quite ironic you pulled me up on another thread about making political capital from sexual charges and convictions, yet you couldn’t help yourself rushing to here to start a thread about it. :lol: 

It's a matter of high interest 

2 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

I was actually the 2nd person to make a thread about it. 

Sorry Kevin Spacey, you’re gonna have to do better than that :) 

Edited by Phil Dunphy

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It's a matter of high interest 

To be fair, the only reason he comes on here is to deflect attention away from negative press concerning the SNP. 

Which, on a message board designed for discussing Hearts, is a bit strange when you look at it. 

10 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Michelle Thomson wasn’t even charged yet the media had found her guilty. 

Well she was struck off from being a practicing solicitor so there were significant concerns about her character/standing. 

Always found it funny how we make assumptions and treat people with certain political views. On the one hand if a Tory had purchased property below market value or exhibited some form of predatory behaviour then we'd be outraged but not surprised.

As it was allegedly by an SNP representative it's been quite scandalous to see someone caught up in it who is supposed to be on the side/fighting for those who'd fall victim to panic selling. The media do love to slaughter those who say one thing but do another.

19 minutes ago, Australis...... said:

Whatever happens now, he will be known for this case forever and his fall out because Sturgeon demanded he is investigated.

The Police all by themselves investigated him. 

Space Mackerel
52 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I was actually the 2nd person to make a thread about it. 

Sorry Kevin Spacey, you’re gonna have to do better than that :) 

You should really practice what you preach, otherwise you look a bit silly. 

Maybe I wouldn’t have to come on here so often and pull you up for double standards. 

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yeah

All the comments today will be interesting 

Maybe a mob will gather to release him

Something like the French Revolution perhaps 

Who needs the mob tactics of the French Revolution (or the Porteous Riots for that matter) when we have the internet?

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, Dannie Boy said:

Substance behind the claims? How the mighty fall (allegedly)

Maybe aye, maybe naw. Knowing our Police force it could probably end quite positively for the deep fried mars bar lover. 

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Is that the person who writes (sic) wings over Scotland? :laugh:

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

Need to wait, but in the meantime, just as well we didn't build him a statue

Sort of built himself one didn't he?

th.jpeg

jambos are go!
2 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

There are no Crown Courts in Scotland. Did you not know that?

13 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Probably Space Mackerel. 

What has WOS stated that's been wrong? I read it sometimes and find it well thought out to the challenges of the msm. The guy who writes it can be a little weird but his work appears quite thorough and well documented. I presume the truth can hurt and his statements are correct or why would they bother what he says? 

The Daily Record, the Sun, Daily Mail, Express, Evening News, The Scotsman, BBC etc. I think I would believe WOS before all that lot. 

6 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

What has WOS stated that's been wrong? I read it sometimes and find it well thought out to the challenges of the msm. The guy who writes it can be a little weird but his work appears quite thorough and well documented. I presume the truth can hurt and his statements are correct or why would they bother what he says? 

The Daily Record, the Sun, Daily Mail, Express, Evening News, The Scotsman, BBC etc. I think I would believe WOS before all that lot. 

Yes, it's far easier to slate the source of a statement rather than attempting to counter the statement itself, especially when that source has presented inconvenient things ideologues don't want to deal with. The need to feed one's confirmation bias is strong.

1 hour ago, Mysterion said:

Well she was struck off from being a practicing solicitor so there were significant concerns about her character/standing. 

I don't think she was ever a practising solicitor, therefore unable to be struck off?

2 minutes ago, Boris said:

I don't think she was ever a practising solicitor, therefore unable to be struck off?

She's back in the SNP.

Hagar the Horrible

For a high profile person, and it being released formally as a statement to the press, then the Police will have been in contact with COPFS, so there must be enough to at least take it to court, because this can come back to bite.  But This case will bite the SNP hard and cause in-fighting.  But the SNP don't get democracy.   Still could be for contempt, that snippet was in the twitter feed.  Still they could all join the Lib-Dems if they need to vacate public life......Oh politics,   this will keep Brexit and trump off the covers for a bit

Space Mackerel
50 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I’d rather look a bit silly than like someone who revels in the sexual abuse of children. 

:) 

Yet you rush to start a thread on here about the possible sexual abuse of women? 

I think the vast amount of posters can see through your wee game. 

4 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

For a high profile person, and it being released formally as a statement to the press, then the Police will have been in contact with COPFS, so there must be enough to at least take it to court, because this can come back to bite.  But This case will bite the SNP hard and cause in-fighting.  But the SNP don't get democracy.   Still could be for contempt, that snippet was in the twitter feed.  Still they could all join the Lib-Dems if they need to vacate public life......Oh politics,   this will keep Brexit and trump off the covers for a bit

In what way HtH?

40 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Because he tells you what you want to hear. 

14 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Yet you rush to start a thread on here about the possible sexual abuse of women? 

I think the vast amount of posters can see through your wee game. 

Deflect, deflect, deflect. 

I’m happy to see justice brought against any sexual predator, whatever their political leanings. Shame we don’t share that ideology :( 

15 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Because he tells you what you want to hear. 

I've supported independence for decades so well before WOS was even established. You on the other hand are more likely to believe the msm with your entrenched views. At least I can think for myself. 

Just now, Roxy Hearts said:

I've supported independence for decades so well before WOS was even established. You on the other hand are more likely to believe the msm with your entrenched views. At least I can think for myself. 

The classic Nationalist rhetoric. 

“YOU’RE NOT ABLE TO THINK FOR YOURSELF, SHEEP”

Cvic and joyous. 

8 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

The classic Nationalist rhetoric. 

“YOU’RE NOT ABLE TO THINK FOR YOURSELF, SHEEP”

Cvic and joyous. 

What are you talking about? The only way to believe in the establishment is to have their messaged conveyed through the msm. Nothing to do with sheep. You're merely easier to convince than I am. I've heard both sides of the argument and I believe any country's independence is a trust in it's own people to best serve them. 

1 minute ago, Roxy Hearts said:

What are you talking about? The only way to believe in the establishment is to have their messaged conveyed through the msm. Nothing to do with sheep. You're merely easier to convince than I am. I've heard both sides of the argument and I believe any country's independence is a trust in it's own people to best serve them. 

You read WOS. I don’t think you can criticise anyone for their choice of reading material tbf. 

Not that I rely on red tops or the BBC to get my news. 

Alex Salmond is a feckin fat pompous erse. 

He has been arrested for contempt apparently.

He has tried to bring down the FM and I doubt she’ll take any of his shite.