Supermarket check outs.....!

Section Q

7 minutes ago, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

Careful, there is a computer in the back that checks every item going through both staffed tills and service!

Does it look like a TV detector van?

Ancient OAPs on a Saturday with a fistful of old lottery tickets wanting them all checked. 

Who then proceed to buy about 30 quids worth of every lotto game permutation available. 

You'll be dead in 6 months, why you playing the lottery anyway. I only wanted 20 fags and I'm there for half an hour for **** sake

John Gentleman
5 hours ago, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

Careful, there is a computer in the back that checks every item going through both staffed tills and service!

Not here there isn't. Not yet anyway.

John Gentleman
21 minutes ago, John Gentleman said:

Not here there isn't. Not yet anyway.

ps: 

There's sometimes a lassie assigned to SS checkouts as a 'Technology Enabler' (I kid you not) but that's it.

One supermarket chain, I believe, is testing 'assistive technology' in Sydney in a couple of supermarkets. I believe it pretty much replicates the underlying technology used in ANPR systems.

On 23/01/2019 at 11:56, Section Q said:

They're still at it....!

F.ck..g women shoppers who look totally surprised when it's time to pay in supermarkets. Then they go through the elaborate process of searching for their purse, still in shock. At what point did they think they might get their groceries for nothing. No consideration for us organised punters. End of rant....!!

Same with ***** on buses.  Wait until they're eye to eye with the driver before ****ing about for change or their pass.

Death be upon them, DEATH.

On 23/01/2019 at 15:13, Herbert said:

You know what I hate, when you get some middle aged woman that works at the checkout that thinks a social gathering. No one gives a **** about your daughter getting married or your grandchild.

On 23/01/2019 at 16:03, Tazio said:

Is it because it has an English accent?

The self service machines in England should have Scottish accents, double footfold easily.

Phil Jupitas was on a Radio Scotland quiz show a few weeks back and since  moving to Scotland all someone has to say to his wife is 'awrite hen' and she goes all giggle and weak at the knees.

4 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

The self service machines in England should have Scottish accents, double footfold easily.

Phil Jupitas was on a Radio Scotland quiz show a few weeks back and since  moving to Scotland all someone has to say to his wife is 'awrite hen' and she goes all giggle and weak at the knees.

Is it not fife he moved to?

Must make her an easier mugging victim when she’s giggling. 

The Real Maroonblood
8 hours ago, crunchy frog said:

Ancient OAPs on a Saturday with a fistful of old lottery tickets wanting them all checked. 

Who then proceed to buy about 30 quids worth of every lotto game permutation available. 

You'll be dead in 6 months, why you playing the lottery anyway. I only wanted 20 fags and I'm there for half an hour for **** sake

Smoking, you might be dead in 6 months ?

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Smoking, you might be dead in 6 months ?

Exactly the reason he can’t be wasting precious minutes waiting for Mavis to spend her pension on the lotto. 

...a bit disco

Sainsbury's Longstone now have video cameras installed on every self-serve point.

Bad enough when the ***** security boy follows me round the entire store.

14 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Sainsbury's Longstone now have video cameras installed on every self-serve point.

Not a problem if you aren't a thief.

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

Not a problem if you aren't a thief.

The cameras have screens that face towards you though, and I hate seeing myself like that.

Was seething that the BBC hovered on my row at the Livi cup game!

19 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Must be that swastika tattoo on your forehead... 

...a bit disco
Just now, Craig_ said:

Must be that swastika tattoo on your forehead... 

Damn!

Better call Saul

Some Shops down south already allow you to pick up your shopping place into your bag and you leave without even needing them scanned , all  done through your phone and sensors on the items and shelves you have to be a registered member of course 

...less staff needed again .

Edited by Ferris Bueller

22 minutes ago, Ferris Bueller said:

Some Shops down south already allow you to pick up your shopping place into your bag and you leave without even needing them scanned , all  done through your phone and sensors on the items and shelves you have to be a registered member of course 

...less staff needed again .

Sounds like the receptionists who are trying do do away with the need for doctors. Listen here Sheila, i’ll Decide if I need an appointment or not, not you. 

Better call Saul
36 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Sounds like the receptionists who are trying do do away with the need for doctors. Listen here Sheila, i’ll Decide if I need an appointment or not, not you. 

Sounds familiar

Does anyone use the scam-as-you-shop (that was a typo, but its staying)?  I get anxious in case I've forgot to scan something. The last time, I had 5 items, but was still checking.

2 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

Does anyone use the scam-as-you-shop (that was a typo, but its staying)?  I get anxious in case I've forgot to scan something. The last time, I had 5 items, but was still checking.

Use it all the time. It's shit in Tesco (they've wasted my time checking items 4 times out of 5) but it's great in Sainsbury. Pick it up, scan it, bag it. Takes longer to do your shop but you gain time overall as you only handle your shopping once and there are no queues at the till.

Brighton Jambo
On 23/01/2019 at 18:56, Boris said:

I got told off in Asda once for letting my son scan a bottle of wine. Apparently that's illegal. 

**** off!

I was in Asda with my son who for the first time was using his own money to buy a toy (he was 4).  He was so excited to hand over his tenner to the woman but when it came to it she wouldn’t accept it as I was buying some other things which included ibuprofen.  He was so crestfallen I could have punched her but couldn’t walk out as he really wanted the toy.  I’m getting the rage again just typing this.  

Edited by Brighton Jambo

On 23/01/2019 at 14:21, gjcc said:

Nah, she’s usually swamped with creepy old men. Best to go to buck toothed  Sandra for a quicker transaction. 

at least she will smile when she takes money.

On 24/01/2019 at 23:52, crunchy frog said:

20 fags....!!.....you might be deid before him...!!

...a bit disco
2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

At least you were there mate.

:wink: