Someone is trying to scam me

Marvin

As title says. Someone is trying to scam me. :rolleyes: I got a message via Skype from this bird from Ghana even though Skype showed Ontario, California as her location. Supposedly it was an error but we chatted for an hour. Then came requests for a pic. So I sent her a pic of me at hospitality from 2012. But that wasn't good enough and wants a selfie of me. I've seen shit happen to folks who have fallen for scams such as this so asked for a link to her Facebook but for some lame excuse she couldn't do that. I have since blocked her on Google hangouts etc. Just can't believe the audacity of the chancing bar steward. I enjoy a scam and have participated in scamming Homebase around 18 years ago so in a roundabout way I respect him or her for trying. She had a pic on Skype which has since been removed.

Anyone else been contacted in similar circumstances? 

Edited by Marvin

She is wanting pic of me on my own. Also why the feck would she Skype me directly? Why would Skype show her location as California and she's saying Ghana.

8 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Is the OP admitting to scamming ?

Then having the cheek to complain about a bit of karma.?

I was involved ripping off Homebase around 19/20 years ago but never any individual.

11 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I was involved ripping off Homebase around 19/20 years ago but never any individual.

Probably cost someone their job or jail. :th_blush:

::troll::

51 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Probably cost someone their job or jail. :th_blush:

::troll::

the vouchers were photocopied that's how simple it was. Now the voucher quality is so much better. 

27 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

I wonder what ever happened that that chap on here a couple of months ago who was blatantly being catfished.

No news. 

53 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Is she fit? 

Can you pm me some pics if you get them ?

She looked alright but for all I know it's some bloke in his pyjamas and her photos have been deleted

40 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Why on Earth would someone pretend to be from Ghana?!

Because they actually live in Lochend? 

luckyBatistuta

Marv hoping that there is a chance to get his end away with some complete stranger from Ghana, then complains that she’s scamming him...am I getting close?

4 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Marv hoping that there is a chance to get his end away with some complete stranger from Ghana, then complains that she’s scamming him...am I getting close?

Closer than Marv did anyway.

37 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Closer than Marv did anyway.

:troll:

knowing my luck with women it's probably as close as I'm going to get  :sob:

13 minutes ago, GlasgoJambo said:

Still not sure what the actual grift is in this scenario.

My guess is that it starts with the requested photo.

Then escalates to some nudity/dick pics then a bit of video of the 'target' carrying out some sort of sexual act, which then results in them being blackmailed into paying to have the video deleted before it is sent out to all their Facebook contacts/work etc.

9 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

Then escalates to some nudity/dick pics then a bit of video of the 'target' carrying out some sort of sexual act, which then results in them being blackmailed into paying to have the video deleted before it is sent out to all their Facebook contacts/work etc.

So, we're all agreed that Marvin should just go along with all and any of her (or "her") requests, then?

49 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

This. Very much this. As an old punter I've never really got the thrill of recording yourself having a Sherman to share with anyone. Never mind someone you've never actually met. Old fashioned I suppose

No understandy.     Why does sending an innocent selfie mean you're signed up to showing the whole pant cargo?

Get the good pics off the bint then do a nash.     Amirite?

5 hours ago, Marvin said:

She is wanting pic of me on my own. Also why the feck would she Skype me directly? Why would Skype show her location as California and she's saying Ghana.

Jeez - paranoid or what? 

Anyway send me your bank details and I an explain all. Bank details will allow me to verify you are who you say you are. And if it all goes well I can let you get involved an investment that is guaranteed to make millions.

5 minutes ago, LeftBack said:

Jeez - paranoid or what? 

Anyway send me your bank details and I an explain all. Bank details will allow me to verify you are who you say you are. And if it all goes well I can let you get involved an investment that is guaranteed to make millions.

Just a little cautious. I've seen a friend of an ex create a whole new identity and obtain a bank account and credit card. 

42 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Just a little cautious. I've seen a friend of an ex create a whole new identity and obtain a bank account and credit card. 

What via a selfie? 

And why are you hanging out with your ex friends? 

Edited by AlimOzturk

10 hours ago, Marvin said:

You will be scammed if you go along with this. Don't be cautious, just tell het to **** off and meet a bird in the boozer who isn't trying to clean you out :laugh2:

2 things

1. I bet he asked if she knew who kingson was. 

2. the girl probably thinks marvin is trying to scam her by sending a 6 year old photo and not just doing a simple selfie. 

10 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

And why are you hanging out with your ex friends? 

I'm not. When I lived (not now) with her, her mate would create a whole new identity for himself and open bank accounts and apply for credit cards. Banks security was shit and just he exploited it.

Governor Tarkin
22 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

meet a bird in the boozer who isn't trying to clean you out :laugh2:

Good luck with that.

14 hours ago, Marvin said:

:troll:

knowing my luck with women it's probably as close as I'm going to get  :sob:

And you've just been grassed up to the Homebase compliance department.

Not your day...

3 hours ago, Thumper said:

And you've just been grassed up to the Homebase compliance department.

Not your day...

And what are they gonna do. The Judge

threw the case out as my involvement could not be proven.

:curtain:

1 hour ago, Marvin said:

And what are they gonna do. The Judge

threw the case out as my involvement could not be proven.

:curtain:

Good point, and it's not as if you've just made an online confession or anything.

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

Good point, and it's not as if you've just made an online confession or anything.

End of day we did Homebase a favour by exposing a flaw in their vouchers. Ain't got the bottle to do it again though. I have too much to lose. 

Just been asked for $30 to help her out because she and grandma have something to eat 

Told you lot I was getting scammed :fugg2:

:laugh:

1 hour ago, Marvin said:

Just been asked for $30 to help her out because she and grandma have something to eat 

Told you lot I was getting scammed :fugg2:

:laugh:

Have a heart man, you can't let grandma starve. Not grandma!  ?

6 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

Have a heart man, you can't let grandma starve. Not grandma!  ?

Damn right. She sent me a pic and to me she is too beautiful for it to be true (her not grandma lol) so binned all contact.