Emiliano Sala (NHC) - merged

Hampden Demolition

17 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

If Cardiff are refusing to pay then UEFA step in.

What is 'Keyman insurance' ?

Keyman insurance is where you cover someone who is key to your business in the event they die or in some cases if they cant work.

In this case keyman insurance is another way of covering a life insurance plan but usually to a higher value asset/person.

Its the policy designed to allow the business to find a replacement.

Edited by Jamboelite

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Cruyff Turn

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• letsalldothebeattie

Nookie Bear
Just now, Jamboelite said:

Keyman insurance is where you cover someone who is key to your business in the event they die or in some cases if they cant work.

In this case keyman insurance is another way of covering a life insurance plan but usually to a higher value asset/person.

Cheers (and pretty obvious, now i think about it!)

The Old Tolbooth
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

You would hope clubs take out some sorr of Keyman insurance on their major assets. 

This is the part that baffles me Dave, surely with a commodity as expensive as £15M, you bloody well put the insurance in place to cover events like this, I can't get my head around that one. 

Cardiff have dined out on this poor guys death now since it happened, and the refusal to pay up is just about as scummy as it gets. 

On 25/03/2019 at 09:24, Ibrahim Tall said:

Vlad even tried to weasel out of the Beslija fee.

Weaseling out of things is important to learn; it's what separates us from the animals.

Except the weasel.

On 26/03/2019 at 09:53, Jamboelite said:

Its the policy designed to allow the business to find a replacement.

Some companies take similar insurance, not necessary for a key role, but to cover groups of people. 

Imagine a work syndicate win £100 million in the Euromillians, and they all walk out.   There would be a cost to the company, to replace them, and fill the roles until they are replaced. 

• 5 weeks later...
Maroon Sailor

His Dad has passed away. Heart attack

Edited by Maroon Sailor

• 1 month later...
Just now, Thommo414 said:

I'm guessing that would be the agent that arranged the flight? Given all the circumstances with the flight licence, plane etc 

Willie McKay isn't 64. His son was an agent. 

Another agent? 

3 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

I'm guessing that would be the agent that arranged the flight? Given all the circumstances with the flight licence, plane etc 

He is 60 and lives in Monaco. 

Something to do with the plane or the pilot you would think. 

But a conundrum. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Tenaciousdandy
6 minutes ago, bigdav said:

Do you think that might be a certain unscrupulous scottish agent who was involved in the deal?

apparently the 64 year old is from yorkshire according to sky sports news 

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Something to do with the plane or the pilot you would think. 

Yeah, wonder if this person arrested personally knew the pilot/arranged the flight

1 minute ago, kila said:

Yeah, wonder if this person arrested personally knew the pilot/arranged the flight

And knew both weren't legal.

Tenaciousdandy
13 minutes ago, Barack said:

Where does MacKay live...?

Pass, possibly Edinburgh but purely a guess. plus he's only 55

Edited by Dandyman79
added info

7 minutes ago, Peebo said:

The police have urged people not to speculate as to the persons identity. By all means, crack on anyway Kickback...?

TBF it never said that in the article earlier.

12 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Colinel Mustard in the Kitchen with the Lead Piping.

Who's Colinel?

maroonsgotop

Daily Mail reporting the arrested person was pilot David Henderson who should have been flying the plane but had arranged for someone else (Ibbotson) to fly instead. Ibbotson of course was not qualified to fly the plane on the ill fated flight. 

49 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Who's Colinel?

ri Alban picking me up on typos. **** me there is no coming back from this.

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

ri Alban picking me up on typos. **** me there is no coming back from this.

:D Just pulling yer leg. ?

Mid Calder Jambo
9 hours ago, Peebo said:

The police have urged people not to speculate as to the persons identity. By all means, crack on anyway Kickback...?

Being as I don't see it as being illegal to speculate i will have a crack.  It was the person who gave the pilot the flight in knowledge that he was not night rated for flight that would take place in the hours of darkness.  Will the prosecution bring any of the deacesed back?

12 minutes ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

Being as I don't see it as being illegal to speculate i will have a crack.

No one has suggested it’s illegal. The police have asked people don’t do it, as it may hinder the investigation. If someone feels the need to do so anyway, they probably won’t end up in jail but may be a bit of a *****. 

Mid Calder Jambo
2 hours ago, Peebo said:

No one has suggested it’s illegal. The police have asked people don’t do it, as it may hinder the investigation. If someone feels the need to do so anyway, they probably won’t end up in jail but may be a bit of a *****. 

Doesn't make me feel a bit of a ***** at all. This smacks very much that the Police are looking for someone to blame, as they alwats do  Whilst that may give the Police some comfort I am sure it won't comfort the families of the bereaved and as I said earlier it won't won;t bring either of them back.  Will a manslaughter charge be a deterrent in the future, in my opinion, probably not. Is this now a football matter, cerrtainly not.

6 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Colinel Mustard in the Kitchen with the Lead Piping.

Lead piping on a plane in this day and age?? Wow ... hope they throw the book at this Mustard boy.

6 hours ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

Being as I don't see it as being illegal to speculate i will have a crack.  It was the person who gave the pilot the flight in knowledge that he was not night rated for flight that would take place in the hours of darkness.  Will the prosecution bring any of the deacesed back?

But it might help improve the general practice. 

Lots of comments have been made about dodgy practice in these flights. Which is common thing. So there is a bigger picture.

And the relatives of dead will be pleased someone is being made accountable if this does go further. 

On 20/06/2019 at 07:34, maroonsgotop said:

Daily Mail reporting the arrested person was pilot David Henderson who should have been flying the plane but had arranged for someone else (Ibbotson) to fly instead. Ibbotson of course was not qualified to fly the plane on the ill fated flight. 

More info though no detail on the guy arrested. Has his picture. 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9342313/emiliano-sala-crash-pilot-goes-into-hiding/amp/

7 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Not directly related to Sala, but some content on it, and it seems Willie McKay could be in bother for other reasons. 

He also does not sound at all nice. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/06/25/exclusive-willie-mckay-facing-two-years-prison-charged-fraud/

Good, prick thinks he's the British Mino Raiola. Just a bawbag with a massive ego. 

On 20/06/2019 at 07:19, ri Alban said:

Who's Colinel?

Big brother to fockinel 

Edited by Saughton Jambo

Bridge of Djoum
On 20/06/2019 at 02:19, ri Alban said:

Who's Colinel?

Edited by Bridge of Djoum

The guy arrested will be the owner of the plane who was meant to fly it but sub-contracted the job to someone without the requisite qualifications and licences.  

This sad story is enough to make me decide I would never take a flight in a small plane - it is clear that the whole area of non-civil aviation is lacking in control.

• 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Possibly not the weather that killed them.

So the likelihood hood if they both feel unconscious or the pilot may have, hopefully both.

Whoever owned the plane is going to get sued and fined, all sorts, for negligence. 

Tragic. 

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

So the likelihood hood if they both feel unconscious or the pilot may have, hopefully both.

Whoever owned the plane is going to get sued and fined, all sorts, for negligence. 

Tragic. 

I wonder where the liability lies, they always make a big deal of the pilot doing manual inspections and what have you, would it maybe be up to him to notice a fault and report it?

Not accusing anyone by the way, just asking. 

Just now, Smithee said:

I wonder where the liability lies, they always make a big deal of the pilot doing manual inspections and what have you, would it maybe be up to him to notice a fault and report it?

No idea mate.

I thought it might be like owning a car, you have to MOT it every so often and get the piece of paper to prove it’s in good nick.

Apparently the ownership is registered in the US because their regs on planes are less stringent. It might be very difficult to prove who owns the plane.

Someone will be liable. I’m sure the investigators will prove who is and they’ll be probably be facing Gross Negligence Manslaughter charges.

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

I would think the owners or last people to carry out maintenance.When  I've watched air crash investigation it's always the maintenance guys that get questioned/blamed. A pilot only does a walk around to check nothing is hanging off ,  If there wasn't any warning lights then he would never know that there was a problem with the engine and it was leaking carbon monoxide into a cockpit.

Jesus... its a horrible blessing but I hope it brings both families some sort of comfort. 

Knowing they didn't suffer or have that horrible panic hopefully helps. The owner should get nailed to the ****ing floor.