Scotland U-17's

Finlay James

Connor Smith, Cammy Logan and Aaron Hickey called up to the squad for friendlies v France & Hungary.

The future is maroon.

Think Connor Smith and Cammy Logan played in Victory shield team that beat England, Smith in particular looked to be a smashing prospect. Skill and dig.

Less players than previous squads from performance schools. Interesting how players got to where they are, some maybe at academies younger? 

21 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Same could be said for Cieran Slicker and Finn Ecrepont.

Finn Ecrepont was the first one i noticed but then came across Sonny

3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Less players than previous squads from performance schools. Interesting how players got to where they are, some maybe at academies younger? 

They keep getting some of them wrong as well. Don’t think Cammy Logan went to a performance school unless Queensferry High has changed its status. 

jamboinglasgow
11 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

I am sure a few years back when Malky Mackay came in they decided to reduce the number of players in the performance schools so that it allowed less players who have greater attention.

Interesting to see the number of players based in England. As much as I want to see squads made up fully of Scottish based players, there is a great crop of players coming through English academies. Get a few top class players who have their path blocked by other talented players playing for England then woo them to playing for Scotland. I know that will be hated by some but I want Scotland to do the best it can and the more Scottish players performing at a top level the more attractive as well domestic based Scottish players become as well.

Had a look at some of the players, Kane Patterson has an older brother (Pheonix) who is also capped as a youth for Scotland and is at Tottenham. Michael Craig is a twin and his brother also plays for Spurs (though they have both in the past been called up to England training camps.) Sonny Blu Lo-Everton is just a wonderful name and highly rated by Watford.

• 2 weeks later...

the in firm the 2 biggest, supplied 3 between them, hearts 3, hamilton 3, nice them supporting the scottish game. maybe there's a youth game between them and they've all called of injured.

jamboinglasgow

Scotland u19s were in action today and drew 1-1 with Spain. Cochrane and Chris Hamilton were on the bench (don't know if they came on.) 

Our younger teams seem to be picking up more results from big teams.

1 hour ago, j1964m said:

Must be a mistake some where no hibs players 

...but, but I thought they had state of the art facilities?

Quesada Jambo
2 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Scotland u19s were in action today and drew 1-1 with Spain. Cochrane and Chris Hamilton were on the bench (don't know if they came on.) 

Cochrane came on about 15 minutes from the end. Scotland the far better side. Billy Gilmour was my man of the match

On 14/02/2019 at 12:56, jamboinglasgow said:

Second game for the U19s today.