The Auchinleck game

letsalldothebeattie

PhoenixHearts
2 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

The rugby being on isn’t an issue for us playing on the Saturday we’ve done it plenty of times over the years. It’s not like we are playing Celtic/Rangers or Hibs where it would be an issue

True, it's not an issue as we played Kilmarnock on 10th November same time as Scotland vs Fiji, but they're going to have to move one game, so I just think us being in the same area as the Rugby makes the decision a wee bit easier. Why bother having two games on right next to each other when you can potentially make it easier by having the rugby and football on at opposite sides of the city?

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• letsalldothebeattie

• Mikey1874

• Auchinleckian

• Jambo 4 Ever

portobellojambo1
6 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

The rugby being on isn’t an issue for us playing on the Saturday we’ve done it plenty of times over the years. It’s not like we are playing Celtic/Rangers or Hibs where it would be an issue

I''ve got a feeling we played Rangers at Tynecastle once when Scotland were playing at Murrayfield, think it was possibly against England and the KO times were only about 1/2 hour different.

PhoenixHearts
5 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Whilst I like the rugby I get slightly irked when our game is changed to accommodate them. Should be the other way round. 

I see where you're coming from because Hearts > Rugby, but I'm afraid that's utter nonsense. The Scotland vs Ireland game is a 67,000 sell out. Pretty hard to reschedule.

8 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Hey I’m a Hearts fan too but that’s nonsense.

4 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

I see where you're coming from because Hearts > Rugby, but I'm afraid that's utter nonsense. The Scotland vs Ireland game is a 67,000 sell out. Pretty hard to reschedule.

It was meant to be slightly tongue in cheek as if our game is on the Sunday I am away down south.??

6 hours ago, Diego10 said:

Ticket prices have to be agreed between the clubs.  Every chance they'll want to make the most of their 'day oot'

6 hours ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Absolutely they will be looking for as much money as they can get but £20 will drive folk away I’ve said I’ll be at the game whatever but £20 for a game against the juniors is quite pricey and would put me in the thinking against it stage

Auchinleck know they will shift 3k tickets, they will be looking to set the price as high as possible.

1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I''ve got a feeling we played Rangers at Tynecastle once when Scotland were playing at Murrayfield, think it was possibly against England and the KO times were only about 1/2 hour different.

Sure we've played Celtic in a Scottish Cup tie when the rugby was on . Might have been the 1-0 game when Robbo scored a second half free kick . 

oh ah grantona
7 hours ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

I personally wouldn’t be against same as yesterday as I’ll be at the game anyway but I just think folk will moan at £15 to see a junior side when it was £15 for Livi and only 11 thousand turned up we could see less than that turn up

You will likely get same Hearts fan uptake and they will bring more than Livi did. 

Game has a good chance of TV so £10 max 

Could easily play on the Saturday. Rugby kicks off at 2.15 finishes around 4.30. We ko at 3.30 finish at 5.30. No real issues other than much tougher than usual to get a parking space. Even trams would be ok, most of rugby crowd gone by time football fans get to murrayfield at 5.30ish. 

14 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Sure we've played Celtic in a Scottish Cup tie when the rugby was on . Might have been the 1-0 game when Robbo scored a second half free kick . 

1987. Scotland v Ireland. They kicked off at 2.30 and we did at 3.30. Crowds of 70,000 and 29,000 respectively. I remember it well because I missed out on a ticket?

11 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

1987. Scotland v Ireland. They kicked off at 2.30 and we did at 3.30. Crowds of 70,000 and 29,000 respectively. I remember it well because I missed out on a ticket?

That's the one , thought the rugby was on that day .

Two other memories that day, we were just below the pie stall and there must have been half a dozen jambos on the roof going mental after Robbo curled the free kick in and secondly the girlfriemd had arranged a party at our flat and i rocked the up late , she was raging , lol

28 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Could easily play on the Saturday. Rugby kicks off at 2.15 finishes around 4.30. We ko at 3.30 finish at 5.30. No real issues other than much tougher than usual to get a parking space. Even trams would be ok, most of rugby crowd gone by time football fans get to murrayfield at 5.30ish. 

Rugby will be finished by 3:45 / 3:50 so plenty time to disperse a crowd.

24 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Test match rugby lasts for 110-120 mins minimum these  days. They stop the clock for serious injuries, tv monitor decisions etc. 

Psychedelicropcircle

BBC has it online as a 3pm KO Saturday. Year past November us & murrayfield emptied out at the same time.

The Goalscoring Knee
1 hour ago, SwindonJambo said:

You were unlucky. I remember being adamant that the free kick was way too far out for Robbo to hit. Took stick for weeks afterwards from my mates (not that I minded). Certainly felt better than another  Celtic-supporting mate who went to the rugby and then hared back to Tynecastle in time to see Bonner's sour puss as he desperately looked around for someone to blame?

55 minutes ago, ramrod said:

That's the one , thought the rugby was on that day .

Two other memories that day, we were just below the pie stall and there must have been half a dozen jambos on the roof going mental after Robbo curled the free kick in and secondly the girlfriemd had arranged a party at our flat and i rocked the up late , she was raging , lol

The highlights from the game as shown on Sportscene that night are on YouTube somewhere. The loons on the pie stand roof are there. Great free kick but it took a cruel deflection off Paul McStay's shoulder but who cares. The next time we beat them in the big Cup was 2012.

9 hours ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

indeed

and if we offer a lot of loyalty points it may help incase we draw a big team in semi final or something and only get limited number of seats - will reward those of us who go to this game too

3 LPs yesterday was very good in my view

2 hours ago, ramrod said:

Yip. 30,000 at my favourite ever game. Scotland beat Ireland too over the road. SFA arseholes had the draw for the next round while we were still playing.

5 hours ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

It was a bloody nightmare the last couple of times trying to get home westbound in the city.  You clearly didn't try travelling that direction by public transport.

3 hours ago, Jamboelite said:

Nope.  67k of fans take a long time to disperse via public and private transport.  By the time our game finishes they will all be out waiting for buses, in the pubs etc ahead of us.

5 hours ago, jbee647 said:

Auchinleck know they will shift 3k tickets, they will be looking to set the price as high as possible.

They will need to find an extra 1000 fans then.

They had just over 2k the last time.

Still a good turnout though although most are there for a big day out following their local juniors for the day rather than the OF as normal.

19 hours ago, Homme said:

Do folk really go to games to get more loyalty points?

Only the ones who can’t be arsed watching Hearts outside the EH postcode. 

18 hours ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Just make sure plenty of loyalty points are given the next game

No chance Hearts will offer ‘plenty’ of points for a game at home against a junior side. 

2/3 max. 

17 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

No chance Hearts will offer ‘plenty’ of points for a game at home against a junior side. 

2/3 max. 

I still think they should offer lots more as it would be an incentive to those who can’t decide to go or not - and will help those of us who do go, to get a ticket for any bigger game later in season.

i have contacted the club to share my thoughts so we shall see 

letsalldothebeattie
20 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

2/3 max. 

They offered 4 or 5 for one home game in the year we won the cup to boost some supporters LPs to get a Cup final ticket

The Real Maroonblood
13 hours ago, oh ah grantona said:

You will likely get same Hearts fan uptake and they will bring more than Livi did. 

Game has a good chance of TV so £10 max 

Not a chance the game being on TV.

8 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

I still think they should offer lots more as it would be an incentive to those who can’t decide to go or not - and will help those of us who do go, to get a ticket for any bigger game later in season.

Aye, very good. 

7 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

They offered 4 or 5 for one home game in the year we won the cup to boost some supporters LPs to get a Cup final ticket

Can’t see any reason why they would do that now. We aren’t as desperate for people through the door as we were back then. 

There won’t be ‘plenty’ of LPs available, it’s not a difficult game to attend. As it should be. 

12 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

The highlights from the game as shown on Sportscene that night are on YouTube somewhere. The loons on the pie stand roof are there. Great free kick but it took a cruel deflection off Paul McStay's shoulder but who cares. The next time we beat them in the big Cup was 2012.

Another memory is the 2 replays at Rugby Park to knock out Kilmarnock in the previous round. 

letsalldothebeattie
14 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Can’t see any reason why they would do that now. We aren’t as desperate for people through the door as we were back then. 

There won’t be ‘plenty’ of LPs available, it’s not a difficult game to attend. As it should be. 

I don’t think they will offer loads of LPs I was just making the point the club done it for one game in the season we won the cup. Totally agree it’s not a difficult game to attend but watch those scrambling and moaning about semi and final tickets should we get and this game could make the difference for some folk

oh ah grantona
24 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Not a chance the game being on TV.

How 

2 on BBC 

2 on premier old firm TV 

The 2 on BBC could be the Highland derby and then the giant killing potential story 

11 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

I don’t think they will offer loads of LPs I was just making the point the club done it for one game in the season we won the cup. Totally agree it’s not a difficult game to attend but watch those scrambling and moaning about semi and final tickets should we get and this game could make the difference for some folk

exactly - no one can complain if lots of points are given for this fixture - a win-win sitation

16 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

2 or 3 should be fair imo. 

What JiH doesn’t realise is that, if Hearts did give away loads of loyalty points for this game, they’d just make away games at Easter Road a higher threshold so they’d miss out anyway. 

Would love our game to be on the box and we hammer them off the pitch, just to p1ss off all the tossers tuning in to see us embarrassed.

2 early goals followed by 80 minutes of keep ball and a few more goals.

If I don't see footage of kids in Talbot scarves weeping then Levein can gtf ^_^

alex young hero

To those who think murrayfield and Tynecastle matches on the same afternoon are not a problem,try getting on a train at Haymarket.

August Landmesser
1 minute ago, alex young hero said:

To those who think murrayfield and Tynecastle matches on the same afternoon are not a problem,try getting on a train at Haymarket.

Or getting a pint in the Diggers'. Put us on the Sunday, Hibs on the Saturday. They'll be drinking on the other side of town from the rugby, and it'll mean I can watch Scotland on the telly.

12 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

Cruel deflection?  ?

letsalldothebeattie
29 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

2 or 3 should be fair imo. 

What JiH doesn’t realise is that, if Hearts did give away loads of loyalty points for this game, they’d just make away games at Easter Road a higher threshold so they’d miss out anyway. 

True

CL will put all the reserve players in for a game, do you want to pay 20 quid for a game that is 9 times out 10 a lot of crap.

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, oh ah grantona said:

How 

2 on BBC 

2 on premier old firm TV 

The 2 on BBC could be the Highland derby and then the giant killing potential story 

Both teams have already been televised. 

I'm sure there is a rule about this. 

Semi and Finals are the exception. 

letsalldothebeattie
2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

We were televised pretty much whole way through the 2012 run. Auchinleck aside the St Johnstone game at Tynie was on TV replay wasn’t. St Mirren home was on BBC, replay on Sky, Semi on both & Final on both. Unless that’s changed now I don’t see why we can’t be on. You telling us Celtic & Rangers won’t be on again until the semis? 

Fort Vallance
18 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Hey I’m a Hearts fan too but that’s nonsense.

We play about 40 odd games a season. They play about a dozen if you're lucky but think everything revolves found them. I don't think it's nonsense.

11 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

We play about 40 odd games a season. They play about a dozen if you're lucky but think everything revolves found them. I don't think it's nonsense.

67,000 at the rugby internationals with national TV coverage, bringing in huge revenue to Edinburgh through hotels, pubs and restaurants.  These are much bigger sporting events as far as the general public are concerned than a Hearts game.

As a Hearts fan I of course will always attend our games regardless of who is playing at Murrayfield.

12 hours ago, luckydug said:

They will need to find an extra 1000 fans then.

They had just over 2k the last time.

Still a good turnout though although most are there for a big day out following their local juniors for the day rather than the OF as normal.

swear they had thw whole roseburn? whole village came out

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I think Rangers and Celtic will still get other games televised. 

The rule is about limit to number of home league games. 

8 minutes ago, maroon said:

This is that game. Pretty full, and not sure if more still to come in. 

IMG_20190121_150823.jpg

Edited by Mikey1874

Put the Hearts game on the Sunday please.

The city is a feckin nightmare when the egg chasing is on.

Everywhere is packed and buses are mobbed. Let the Hibs have the Saturday they are not nearly affected by the rugby as we are.

7 minutes ago, maroon said:

See the photo posted on this thread.  They had the whole Roseburn - about 2,000 of them.

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

This is that game. Pretty full, and not sure if more still to come in. 

IMG_20190121_150823.jpg

Impressive, the game gordon smith scored.

Now in australia coaching with another ex jambo liam henderson

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

No rules at all for the Scottish Cup, every tie and every team is fair game, home or away. Both teams involved are financially rewarded for each selected match.

Since we last played Auchinleck only one of our Scottish Cup ties hasn't been selected for live TV (at the first time of asking), that was the St Johnstone tie last season.

6 hours ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Disagree. If admission prices are reduced then so should loyalty points. If it’s £10 a ticket and five  lp’s lots will buy them whether they intend going along or not. . Why wouldn’t you?