The Auchinleck game

letsalldothebeattie

letsalldothebeattie

How should the club price this game? Given Livi yesterday was £15 for adults £10 concessions & £5 for U16 and we got a shade over 11 thousand at the game. Now I’m not saying this game will be a sell out but surely dropping the price to £10 for adults & £5 for concessions & U16 would be good pricing and get a few more through the gates come the game. 

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• letsalldothebeattie

• Mikey1874

• Auchinleckian

• Jambo 4 Ever

I'd agree and open all stands so season ticket holders can get their usual seats too (or atleast have the option to do so)

And maybe offer 5 loyalty points too

Edited by Jambo_in_Hamilton

letsalldothebeattie
1 minute ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

I'd agree and open all stands so season ticket holders can get their usual seats too (or atleast have the option to do so)

Totally agree with the open all stands as I think that put a lot of people off the game being restricted to the main & gorgie and not getting usual seat

Just now, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

I would certainly open the new stand and Wheatfield first.

Just now, letsalldothebeattie said:

Totally agree with the open all stands as I think that put a lot of people off the game being restricted to the main & gorgie and not getting usual seat

indeed

and if we offer a lot of loyalty points it may help incase we draw a big team in semi final or something and only get limited number of seats - will reward those of us who go to this game too

Just now, Jocam2325 said:

Should be same as yesterday for those that were there, rest of the part timers can pay 30 quicd each or stay in the house

:facepalm:

Mid Calder Jambo
1 minute ago, cheetah said:

Put it up to £25 and fleece the Ayrshire inbred hoards.

They will fill the Roseburn regardless of KO time so i would be thinking that opening all stands and giving season ticket holders first dibs on their own seat is the way to go. personally i see 15000 at £15 a pop.

letsalldothebeattie
2 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

indeed

and if we offer a lot of loyalty points it may help incase we draw a big team in semi final or something and only get limited number of seats - will reward those of us who go to this game too

A few LPs would certainly entice a few more especially if we get Hibs next or even for the Semi & Final 

7 minutes ago, cheetah said:

Put it up to £25 and fleece the Ayrshire inbred hoards.

They get 50% of the ticket money so they'd absolutely love that.

I reckon the prices will be the same as the Livingston game. Ideally it would be £5 - £10 but £10-£15 isn't too bad.

letsalldothebeattie
2 minutes ago, Jeff said:

I reckon the prices will be the same as the Livingston game. Ideally it would be £5 - £10 but £10-£15 isn't too bad.

I personally wouldn’t be against same as yesterday as I’ll be at the game anyway but I just think folk will moan at £15 to see a junior side when it was £15 for Livi and only 11 thousand turned up we could see less than that turn up

letsalldothebeattie
3 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

Ticket prices have to be agreed between the clubs.  Every chance they'll want to make the most of their 'day oot'

I know that but just thinking logically what should be agreed. I know that Auchinleck will want to get the most money that they can with the 50/50 split but going high could reduce the crowd 

1 minute ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

I personally wouldn’t be against same as yesterday as I’ll be at the game anyway but I just think folk will moan at £15 to see a junior side when it was £15 for Livi and only 11 thousand turned up we could see less than that turn up

The issue here is that it has to be a mutual agreement between the two sides. Auchinleck might be looking for as much money as possible so who knows, could even be £20.

Edited by Jeff

6 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Good point, £2 a ticket then please.

5 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I would certainly open the new stand and Wheatfield first.

Yep --I want to get back to my nice platinum seat in the Wheatfield .It was the equivalent of a ten-penny bus run to the second top seat in the main yesterday. Had to stop taking two steps at a time three quarters of the way up.??

Seymour M Hersh

I hope it's not on TV but with the vermin playing at home and Scotland v Ireland at Murrayfield it's a busy weekend in Edinburgh. I suspect one of us (Hearts or the vermin) to be moved to Friday night and the other maybe to Sunday.  Got to keep the overtime rates as high as possible for plod. 

letsalldothebeattie
Just now, Jeff said:

The issue here is that it has to be a mutual agreement between the two sides. Auchinleck might be looking for as much money as possible so who knows, could even be £20.

Absolutely they will be looking for as much money as they can get but £20 will drive folk away I’ve said I’ll be at the game whatever but £20 for a game against the juniors is quite pricey and would put me in the thinking against it stage

1 minute ago, Jeff said:

They also will want to wait to see if it's live on TV first before setting prices.

letsalldothebeattie
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

They also will want to wait to see if it's live on TV first before setting prices.

7:45 on the Friday night can see it now 

1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I hope it's not on TV but with the vermin playing at home and Scotland v Ireland at Murrayfield it's a busy weekend in Edinburgh. I suspect one of us (Hearts or the vermin) to be moved to Friday night and the other maybe to Sunday.  Got to keep the overtime rates as high as possible for plod. 

Not be a Friday as we all play in League the Wednesday before 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Won't be on the Friday with a midweek game ahead of the tie. Sunday again perhaps 

No. We play Livingston Wed 6 Feb that week. Hibs play at Celtic that night. 

Edited by Mikey1874

that would actually be ok as then people can go to the Scotland Ireland game too on the Saturday

Or if we play on the Sunday that would also be good idea

Edited by Jambo_in_Hamilton

Seymour M Hersh

Again! Honestly how many Saturday games will be missed due to Internationals (including that crappy new tournament) and the "winter" break?

letsalldothebeattie
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

When will that stop the powers that be

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Won't be on the Friday with a midweek game ahead of the tie. Sunday again perhaps 

What if they moved the Livi game to Tuesday? No chance their beloved tic and vermin will be put out.

Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

Again! Honestly how many Saturday games will be missed due to Internationals (including that crappy new tournament) and the "winter" break?

All these midweek games are to accommodate winter break. 

letsalldothebeattie
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

No. We play Livingston Wed 6 Feb that week. Hibs play at Celtic that night. 

Never realised when I posted that, that we were playing the Wednesday but can’t see that stopping SFA & TV punting us to the Friday. 

6 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

What if they moved the Livi game to Tuesday? No chance their beloved tic and vermin will be put out.

Doubt any league game will be moved. 

Different competitions run by different organisations as well. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Seymour M Hersh

**** the fans eh?  Honestly they couldn't run a piss up in a brewery. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

Possible I suppose. Monday night could even happen though I doubt that  Auchinleck will be asked to play on a week day. Bad publicity 

letsalldothebeattie

I don’t see why we can’t play at the same time as the Scotland v Ireland game we’ve done it before against bigger opposition than Auchinleck. Just punt Hibs to the Sunday and all is fine. As I said in the OP we won’t sell this game out so that won’t be an issue either. Have 3 available kick off time lunchtime, 3pm or 5:30 simple solution to the rugby being on 

I don’t see why we can’t play at the same time as the Scotland v Ireland game we’ve done it before against bigger opposition than Auchinleck. Just punt Hibs to the Sunday and all is fine. As I said in the OP we won’t sell this game out so that won’t be an issue either. Have 3 available kick off time lunchtime, 3pm or 5:30 simple solution to the rugby being on 

will impact on numbers though as some might want to watch the Ireland game too

better to change our game to Sunday

letsalldothebeattie
1 minute ago, sandyk said:

8895 for the 2012 match, in case anyone was wondering.. :)

Was just going to look at this and see what the attendance was. How much were tickets that day? 

letsalldothebeattie
1 minute ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

will impact on numbers though as some might want to watch the Ireland game too

better to change our game to Sunday

True and I’d be one of them but if Hearts were on at the same time the rugby would just get watched later on catchup. I know not everyone is like that though. 

2 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Having to mingle with the hooray henrys on trains, in pubs etc puts people off going. Nothing to do with the opposition really. 

old school tie
29 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Wonder if the stay away fans might fancy making the effort this time ?

Nope, keeping my powder dry for the final.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

This round. 

745 Friday 

1215 and 515 Saturday

230 Sunday

All avoid rugby if choice of television  

19 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

But it won't be Live on the TV

Calebs Grandad

Moving the game to the Sunday would be beneficial to those traveling from Ayrshire and may well add a few hungover Irish fans onto the gate. I can’t see a problem with Hibs playing Saturday as it’s not a clash with the rugby outwith Raith fans needing to allow a bit more time traveling. 

8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Not really, Mickey.

From the start of the season up to the split in April, there will have been 10 League games played outwith the weekend ( Sat and Sun ). There will be probably another two after the split.

That's a dozen games.

The real culprits are TV and International breaks, not the winter break.

26 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

It's £15 to see the Heart of Midlothian. Bargain! ?