• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• letsalldothebeattie

• Mikey1874

• Auchinleckian

• Jambo 4 Ever

14 minutes ago, Auchinleckian said:

When we met in 2011-12 we were advised that should the game go to a replay it would have to be played at Rugby Park, because of our lack of floodlights. Now we're told we could not have a replay there, hence the potential for the 2pm Wednesday kick off which is utter madness. Were it to happen the amount of sickies going in would be phenomenal.

Cheers.

Beyond belief really. SFA maybe not talking to SPFL (and Scottish Junior FA) as the obvious replay day is a Saturday 3pm with league games postponed. 

47 minutes ago, Auchinleckian said:

We've never met QOTS in the Scottish Cup.

Sorry, quite so, the game was against Stranraer.

Edited by upgotheheads

1 hour ago, Auchinleckian said:

When we met in 2011-12 we were advised that should the game go to a replay it would have to be played at Rugby Park, because of our lack of floodlights. Now we're told we could not have a replay there, hence the potential for the 2pm Wednesday kick off which is utter madness. Were it to happen the amount of sickies going in would be phenomenal.

would rather play at Auchinleck on a Wednesday afternoon than play on that diabolical plastic pitch at Killie. Mind you Talbot have fond memories there as they won the 2018 Junior Cup with 2 stoppage time goals so they probably wouldn't mind

Edited by maroonsgotop

11 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Anyone else still waiting on a ticket...?

I was reading the thread and usually my mate picks up the tickets, however, I bought mine last Wednesday morning and it’s not arrived. 

Not panicking........yet

Another Robbo
10 hours ago, TurboT said:

I was reading the thread and usually my mate picks up the tickets, however, I bought mine last Wednesday morning and it’s not arrived. 

Not panicking........yet

Ditto. And my Motherwell one ordered on Friday has arrived. I emailed them on Monday and they said they were all sent out last Thursday. I’m starting to wonder if it has just been added to my ST as I managed to get ‘my’ seat.

Auchinleckian

How do folk see this game panning out? We'll very obviously be playing it tight at the back and have five across the middle of the park - very similar to 2011-12 I suppose.

Undoubtedly, we are going to be restricted to maybe a handful of chances so we'll have to be alert when they come. We're very good from free kicks, especially when Mark Shankland is on the pitch. He's had three substitute run outs since breaking his arm in the warm up at Cove Rangers, and it was Mark who supplied the free kick for McCracken to score against Ayr. For anyone old enough to remember the phrase he can put the ball on a tanner. We do have players who can, and do score, from all over the pitch. Our number 9 Graham Wilson's having a very productive season with 23 goals to his name so far, but we aren't reliant on him at the expense of others. He's a handful and some of your defenders might not like his all out combative, physical style.

Defensively we're very good too. Only 9 goals conceded in our 13 league games so far, and in this Scottish Cup campaign we've conceded 4 in 7.

I assume Levein will have a strong side out, as there's no reason to not do so. Don't think we'll be meeting the young side we did last time around?

We'll certainly enjoy our day out, regardless of the result because we simply can not lose - huge national exposure, increased income, and we're creating history by being the only non league side to meet seven different opponents in one season. Doesn't get any better. 

6 minutes ago, Auchinleckian said:

How do folk see this game panning out? We'll very obviously be playing it tight at the back and have five across the middle of the park - very similar to 2011-12 I suppose.

Undoubtedly, we are going to be restricted to maybe a handful of chances so we'll have to be alert when they come. We're very good from free kicks, especially when Mark Shankland is on the pitch. He's had three substitute run outs since breaking his arm in the warm up at Cove Rangers, and it was Mark who supplied the free kick for McCracken to score against Ayr. For anyone old enough to remember the phrase he can put the ball on a tanner. We do have players who can, and do score, from all over the pitch. Our number 9 Graham Wilson's having a very productive season with 23 goals to his name so far, but we aren't reliant on him at the expense of others. He's a handful and some of your defenders might not like his all out combative, physical style.

Defensively we're very good too. Only 9 goals conceded in our 13 league games so far, and in this Scottish Cup campaign we've conceded 4 in 7.

I assume Levein will have a strong side out, as there's no reason to not do so. Don't think we'll be meeting the young side we did last time around?

We'll certainly enjoy our day out, regardless of the result because we simply can not lose - huge national exposure, increased income, and we're creating history by being the only non league side to meet seven different opponents in one season. Doesn't get any better. 

To be brutally honest, you are used to watching your team play other shitty teams, and maybe skewing your opinion of how good you actually are.

This is a whole different level, we will spank you this time,  and i hope you enjoy your day out as much as i will.

5-0 Hearts

46 minutes ago, Auchinleckian said:

I don't think we have given up a handfull (5) of chances in all games combined since we had Souttar back in the team so you'll do well to get that many on Sunday. You will need to take any chances you do get though, you're right there.

Have a great day.

3 hours ago, Another Robbo said:

Ditto. And my Motherwell one ordered on Friday has arrived. I emailed them on Monday and they said they were all sent out last Thursday. I’m starting to wonder if it has just been added to my ST as I managed to get ‘my’ seat.

Query it with them. They should have some sort of record either way

1 hour ago, Auchinleckian said:

If we give you a handful of chances I will be looking for a steward,s  enquiry

2 hours ago, Auchinleckian said:

When we played you in 2012 we had a second string team out full of youth and reserve players.

Levein will hopefully not make the same mistake and will play our full strength side. No disrespect but if he does that, I think you could be in for a very long day.

Edited by Lambo85

3 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

When we played you in 2012 we had a second string team out full of youth and reserve players.

Levein will hopefully not make the same mistake and will play our full strength side. No disrespect but if he does that, I think you could be in for a very long day.

7 of our starting 11 against Auchinleck also started the Final aganinst Hibs. 

The other 4 were Novi, Scott Robinson, Fraser Mullen & Gordon Smith. 

Enjoy your day out pal,you did really well against Ayr.Dont think there will be a shock on the cards but enjoy your day anyway.

Don't know if its been asked, but how did he break his arm in a warm up? 

Auchinleckian

Just been to have a few bets on the game - all with positive outcomes for Talbot of course - o if any of them do come up I'll have a ready made fund for a few days celebrating.

The bookies seem to have learned their lesson. We were 14/1 to beat Ayr at home. Hill's have us at the same score to win away yourselves, as do Paddy Power. You can get better odds if you're prepared to shop around though. Re goalscoring chances I was amazed to see Talbot at 5/6 to score during the game with Paddy Power. Best bet as I see it for ourselves, as it is with any team whose fullbacks take penalties, is for our number 3 Gordon Pope to score the first goal at 66-1. Gordon was the guy who had the goal chalked off in injury time last time around.

Re "watching ourselves score against other shitty teams" Jeezo.....

Tynecastle Valhalla

I’d like to see at least 5 hearts goals please - get the confidence up for Clare and vanacek and Morrison etc

Spitonastranger
5 hours ago, Another Robbo said:

i spoke to them and was told it was added to my ST

44 minutes ago, Auchinleckian said:

Just been to have a few bets on the game - all with positive outcomes for Talbot of course - o if any of them do come up I'll have a ready made fund for a few days celebrating.

The bookies seem to have learned their lesson. We were 14/1 to beat Ayr at home. Hill's have us at the same score to win away yourselves, as do Paddy Power. You can get better odds if you're prepared to shop around though. Re goalscoring chances I was amazed to see Talbot at 5/6 to score during the game with Paddy Power. Best bet as I see it for ourselves, as it is with any team whose fullbacks take penalties, is for our number 3 Gordon Pope to score the first goal at 66-1. Gordon was the guy who had the goal chalked off in injury time last time around.

Re "watching ourselves score against other shitty teams" Jeezo.....

Auchinleck scoring first might be a good bet. 

Nelly Terraces
4 hours ago, cheetah said:

To be brutally honest, you are used to watching your team play other shitty teams, and maybe skewing your opinion of how good you actually are.

This is a whole different level, we will spank you this time,  and i hope you enjoy your day out as much as i will.

5-0 Hearts

That pretty much succinctly sums it up.

Job done & I'll be at the bar on the Pink Panthers (:2thumbsup:) at 5pm. Jobs a good 'un.

Governor Tarkin
13 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Job done & I'll be at the bar on the Pink Panthers (:2thumbsup:) at 5pm. Jobs a good 'un.

Might even take the boy along this week, NT.

We'll see you at the bar at 5.

7 hours ago, Auchinleckian said:

Thought the boy Glasgow looked decent - especially at the start of the 2nd half v Ayr.

I use to pump a stunner from Cumnock so I have a few reasons to beat you on Sunday ?? 

ScandinavianJambo
7 hours ago, cheetah said:

5-0 Hearts

Oh I hope that one doesn't come back to haunt us. For PTBCAL hope you enjoy your day out and you've done well thus far! Thus far and not further! 

Auchinleckian
1 hour ago, PTBCAL said:

Thought the boy Glasgow looked decent - especially at the start of the 2nd half v Ayr.

I use to pump a stunner from Cumnock so I have a few reasons to beat you on Sunday ?? 

??

Must have had four legs then??

1 hour ago, PTBCAL said:

Aye, you were punching above your weight there as you may well be on Sunday  ?

Dose a sheep know that it's a sheep?

Doctor FinnBarr
5 hours ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

Oh I hope that one doesn't come back to haunt us. For PTBCAL hope you enjoy your day out and you've done well thus far! Thus far and not further! 

3 hours ago, happy said:

Aye, you were punching above your weight there as you may well be on Sunday  ?

Dose a sheep know that it's a sheep?

You do both know that PTBCAL is a Hearts fan, don't you?

18 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

I may indulge in a pink panther myself, catch you there NT.

Allowayjambo1874
On 05/02/2019 at 22:45, Section Q said:

Anyone else still waiting on a ticket...?

On 05/02/2019 at 22:57, TurboT said:

Not panicking........yet

I bought my ticket ages ago and no sign, emailed the ticket office and it seems it’s been put on my season ticket, you may want to check as probably same in your cases.

Nelly Terraces
On 06/02/2019 at 15:30, Governor Tarkin said:

Might even take the boy along this week, NT.

We'll see you at the bar at 5.

Dunno how many patents I've told this to but if yer nippers have been kicking off its cheaper & easier to put them on the naughty step as a punishment than it is taking them to Tynie to suffer watching utter shite!!:laugh2:

Catch you at the bar wi the wee fella my good man!:2thumbsup:

Another Robbo
6 hours ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

I bought my ticket ages ago and no sign, emailed the ticket office and it seems it’s been put on my season ticket, you may want to check as probably same in your cases.

Yeah I finally phoned to ask for mine and it was added to my ST. I paid 60p for postage...mad Budge out etc.

On 07/02/2019 at 13:36, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Still no sign of the ticket I bought last Wednesday 

it’s not for my season ticket seat so I can’t see how it can be added to my season ticket as I don’t know where the seat I bought is.

I’ll give Hearts a call tomorrow to find out what’s happening 

portobellojambo1
On 06/02/2019 at 18:17, ScandinavianJambo said:

Think you may be a bit confused by something that has been posted maybe. PTBCAL is a big HMFC fan.

On 22/01/2019 at 19:39, Auchinleckian said:

There's more than the one reference to inbreds etc but it's no big deal, just an introduction as last time around it was pretty horrendous 

Speaking as a born and inbred Ayrshireman myself, banjo skills a bit rusty these days due to mostly living in Auld Reekie alas, you should know not to take random anonymous internet stuff to heart. I'm sure it would much be the same with some of your fans if you were up against Minishant Amateurs or the likes. Anyway enjoy you're day out in 'civilisation' and I hope we put a few past you this occasion to make up for the last time ??