• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• letsalldothebeattie

• Mikey1874

• Auchinleckian

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

1 minute ago, maroonnicky63 said:

tell you what the 2 lads looked really disappointed it was Hearts , they were desperate to get Celtic

For that reason I hope we put 10 past them.

2 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I don't think Auchinleck will bother much if the prices are set at what you suggest. For the tie at Easter Road on Saturday it was Elgin City who were pushing for the actual prices of tickets sold, as Hibs wanted to reduce the prices to try and attract more to the game. Not sure if Elgin achieved what they were hoping for financially given there was just over 7,000 at the game.

If Hibs had charged same as us they would have required a 10,000 turnout to get the same return . Probably unlikely 

1 hour ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Celtic were on tv on Saturday evening against Airdrie

Indeed - that's why I think they'll bump another one.

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Celtic do not like their home games covered by live TV

Apart from 2 days ago??  See i was too late

Edited by XB52

Just now, XB52 said:

Apart from 2 days ago??

And?  I said Celtic do not like their home games getting covered, not that they never get covered.

3 hours ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Totally agree with the open all stands as I think that put a lot of people off the game being restricted to the main & gorgie and not getting usual seat

Indeed

7 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

And?  I said Celtic do not like their home games getting covered, not that they never get covered.

And??   It matters not a jot what they do or don't like. They will be live the next round

3 hours ago, Jocam2325 said:

Should be same as yesterday for those that were there, rest of the part timers can pay 30 quicd each or stay in the house

Good strategy, worth doing. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Cant see the TV company desperate for maximum advertising revenues giving 2 hoots. Unless Celtic are paying them to go elsewhere. If Celtic St Johnstone is not one of the 4 games, I am buying a season ticket for Easter Road

letsalldothebeattie
12 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I get the impression the cup is different to the league. Their games at home don’t seem as protected in the cup

letsalldothebeattie
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Cant see the TV company desperate for maximum advertising revenues giving 2 hoots. Unless Celtic are paying them to go elsewhere. If Celtic St Johnstone is not one of the 4 games, I am buying a season ticket for Easter Road

Exactly. I’d be amazed if they aren’t one of the games picked

2 hours ago, JamboGraham said:

Agreed, that would be my guess...

Highland Derby on the BBC on Friday night.

Premier go with a "super Saturday" label with Killie v Rangers at lunchtime and Celtic v St Johnstone in the Saturday evening slot.

Us on the BBC, Sunday afternoon again.

Aberdeen v Dundee worth showing ahead of us. If our game is on tv it will be one of the BBC slots. They may want to keep following Talbots cup run. 

3 hours ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

They will fill the Roseburn regardless of KO time so i would be thinking that opening all stands and giving season ticket holders first dibs on their own seat is the way to go. personally i see 15000 at £15 a pop.

They didn’t last time. Decent following but far from filling Roseburn. Unless my memory has gone 

3 hours ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

I'd agree and open all stands so season ticket holders can get their usual seats too (or atleast have the option to do so)

And maybe offer 5 loyalty points too

This...!!

Not being allowed your usual seats doesn't work and I reckon it cost us a thousand or more punters yesterday.

I forgot my ticket and had to go to the ticket office and have another issued. I then went for a pint and got to the turnstile ten minutes before k.o. only to find my ticket wouldn't scan. Quite a few others were having the same problem. After several attempts the club official told us to go back to the ticket office and get another ticket. I refused because I'd miss the k.o. They eventually relented and I was allowed in. 

By not allowing ST holders the option to sit in their usual seats it means having to print tickets and maybe post them out which is additional costs to the fans and the cub. Waste of time. Madam Budge has scored an OG here...!!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

I get the impression the cup is different to the league. Their games at home don’t seem as protected in the cup

Different deal.

It used to be, not sure if still, each team would have 4 home games televised. For Celtic this has recently worked as the first game of the season, 2 Rangers and then either title winning or party day.

Hibs stopped Sky cameras coming in when they got beat by Killie and went into the Play Offs, where they were then relegated, yes relegated, to ensure all the Hibs fans would turn up to cheer them onto Premier survival, but really it was to see their last Premier game for years on end

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Aberdeen v Dundee worth showing ahead of us. If our game is on tv it will be one of the BBC slots. They may want to keep following Talbots cup run. 

I really don't fancy Dundee at Palmerston. That's a gamble to pick that game if they are doing it this week

3 hours ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

I personally wouldn’t be against same as yesterday as I’ll be at the game anyway but I just think folk will moan at £15 to see a junior side when it was £15 for Livi and only 11 thousand turned up we could see less than that turn up

But they charged £15 for the Talbot v Ayr Utd game....

letsalldothebeattie
1 minute ago, Section Q said:

But they charged £15 for the Talbot v Ayr Utd game....

That was Talbot’s decision as it’s their home game plus local derby was nailed on to sell out regardless. You know what our support is like especially on here £15 for a game against Juniors when it was £15 for the last round against a Prem team

Bazzas right boot
37 minutes ago, maroonnicky63 said:

tell you what the 2 lads looked really disappointed it was Hearts , they were desperate to get Celtic

Think it was the worst draw. 

Not at celtic, but away at one of the better teams. 

If I was them (celtic fan) I'd want celtic or a shite team at home. 

We're the worst draw for them, may e Aberdeen would have been worse with the travelling and a shitier stadium but still one of the better sides. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

IMG_20190121_150823.jpg

Probably 2500-3000 in there. Sure they will do the same. Be good for them if they get some more TV money.

I don't think Auchinleck are poor though, rest of the West Juniors will be less than happy as they rake it in.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Think it was the worst draw. 

Not at celtic, but away at one of the better teams. 

If I was them (celtic fan) I'd want celtic or a shite team at home. 

We're the worst draw for them, may e Aberdeen would have been worse with the travelling and a shitier stadium but still one of the better sides. 

I heard they were really gasping for Hibs or East Fife

Nelly Terraces

You just know about 85% of the players for their shitey wee team will be old firm cock sucking bastewards who are gagging to play either of them. For that reason alone we have to farking destroy them - be good to get 2 up within ten mins and totally flatten them & their inbred supports' day out.

letsalldothebeattie
Just now, Nelly Terraces said:

You just know about 85% of the players for their shitey wee team will be old firm cock sucking bastewards who are gagging to play either of them. For that reason alone we have to farking destroy them - be good to get 2 up within ten mins and totally flatten them & their inbred supports' day out.

The goal scorer has already said hes gutted as he wanted Celtic as that's who he supports

Lord Beni of Gorgie

When Berra was interviewed after the game, he was asked about the big cheer that went up as the draw was made.

Our boys were quite happy about it, Christophe was very honest to say it was who everyone wanted at home, before heading into football isn't played on paper stuff, respect blah blah blah

42 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

:cornette_dog:

39 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

They didn’t last time. Decent following but far from filling Roseburn. Unless my memory has gone 

They brought a fantastic support through - around 2,000 from memory.

letsalldothebeattie
3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

They brought a fantastic support through - around 2,000 from memory.

Took up most of the Roseburn if memory serves me correctly

38 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

IMG_20190121_150823.jpg

Big UJ there - did some of our boys infiltrate their end.........

Celtic and Rangers are a cert to be on Premier Sports.

Would be surprised if BBC don't take the Highland derby, which leaves the other game being us, hibs or Aberdeen. Due to the Auchinleck story i'd say we are the most likely.

Don't know how much of a say the police have in the scheduling alongside the TV companies however us/hibs on the friday night and the other on the sunday would suit.

Prices will be the same as yesterday, reckon there will be about 13,000 there

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

letsalldothebeattie
4 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Celtic and Rangers are a cert to be on Premier Sports.

Would be surprised if BBC don't take the Highland derby, which leaves the other game being us, hibs or Aberdeen. Due to the Auchinleck story i'd say we are the most likely.

Don't know how much of a say the police have in the scheduling alongside the TV companies however us/hibs on the friday night and the other on the sunday would suit.

Prices will be the same as yesterday, reckon there will be about 13,000 there

Cant see any game being Friday as full Premiership card on the Wednesday 2 games televised Saturday(Lunchtime & Evening) 2 on Sunday(Lunchtime and straight after) most likely outcome

5 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Cant see any game being Friday as full Premiership card on the Wednesday 2 games televised Saturday(Lunchtime & Evening) 2 on Sunday(Lunchtime and straight after) most likely outcome

Ah good point, and unlikely they'll have Hearts and Hibs both at home same day on the sunday (definitely not on the saturday) so likely we'l be the sunday again.

letsalldothebeattie
10 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Ah good point, and unlikely they'll have Hearts and Hibs both at home same day on the sunday (definitely not on the saturday) so likely we'l be the sunday again.

One will be Sunday definitely as even going lunchtime and evening kick off on the Saturday cant see authorities going for that throw in Scotland playing Ireland at Murrayfield just throws up a nightmare for police Scotland. 

4 hours ago, Dallas Green said:

My dad must be a part timer then for not being able to go to the game yesterday... Despite going to games since the early 60's. 

Image result for do not feed the troll gif

Nelly Terraces
1 hour ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

The goal scorer has already said hes gutted as he wanted Celtic as that's who he supports

How, sadly, predictable. What a fecking prick. Let's get this shower of shite destroyed.

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Feckin rimjob. 

^THIS^.

joondalupjambo

#metoo.  Feck sitting freezing watching a bunch of Ayrshire inbreds no matter how reasonable the ticket price is.  Football in winter, sitting in one place is dire for us oldies.  I will wait until the spring thank you and retreive my ST from its wee wallet.  

2 hours ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

That was Talbot’s decision as it’s their home game plus local derby was nailed on to sell out regardless. You know what our support is like especially on here £15 for a game against Juniors when it was £15 for the last round against a Prem team

Think you'll find Ayr and the FA also had a say....!

PhoenixHearts

Just noticed the game is on 9th of February.

Gutted as I already have a 90 quid ticket to the 6 nations on the same day and a bunch of friends coming with us. Can't back out now.

Rugby at 2:15, Hearts at 3... reckon If I put my mind to it I could bolt after the rugby and make the second half....

Edit: Just noticed Hibs have a home tie on the same date and time, so I'm guessing final dates haven't been sorted yet. There's still hope...

Edited by PhoenixHearts

portobellojambo1
4 hours ago, Homme said:

Do folk really go to games to get more loyalty points?

If you want to question any fans then it is probably better to phrase and aim your question at those who buy tickets for games offering loyalty points and then don't turn up. The purchase of tickets offering loyalty points by some is only to try and have enough points when the games against Hibs at Easter Road come round.

Fort Vallance
4 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

The Scotland game is a 2.15 KO so no reason why we couldn't ko at 3pm. 

I would keep the prices the same (£15 for adults, £10 over 65/kids) but offer season ticket holders a 5 day window to purchase their own seat. May encourage a rush on tickets. 

It sounds like auchinleck will bring around 2 thousand fans so reckon we're looking at about a 12-13k attendance, maybe more if not on TV, which is pretty decent.

I hope it's not the same day as the rugby whether kick offs are staggered or not. We've got a lot of travelling supporters and the trains are an absolute nightmare every time the Barbour brigade decide to leave their Range Rovers at home.

PhoenixHearts

If the powers that be have any sense, based on the proximity of Tynecastle to Murrayfield, I reckon the Hibs game should be on the Saturday same time as the Rugby, and ours on Sunday.

letsalldothebeattie
1 minute ago, PhoenixHearts said:

If the powers that be have any sense, based on the proximity of Tynecastle to Murrayfield, I reckon the Hibs game should be on the Saturday same time as the Rugby, and ours on Sunday.

The rugby being on isn’t an issue for us playing on the Saturday we’ve done it plenty of times over the years. It’s not like we are playing Celtic/Rangers or Hibs where it would be an issue

I gave Romanov £1100 for shares and the only tangible benefit was 60 loyalty points. Because of this I was one of the few who had enough points for Dumbarton away in the 14-15 season, and could lord it over Kickback then. 

Totally worth it. ?

Just now, Fort Vallance said:

I hope it's not the same day as the rugby whether kick offs are staggered or not. We've got a lot of travelling supporters and the trains are an absolute nightmare every time the Barbour brigade decide to leave their Range Rovers at home.

Whilst I like the rugby I get slightly irked when our game is changed to accommodate them. Should be the other way round. 

2 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Whilst I like the rugby I get slightly irked when our game is changed to accommodate them. Should be the other way round. 

Hey I’m a Hearts fan too but that’s nonsense.