Collum

BervieJambo

Credit where credit’s due - I thought the referee had a very good game today. Let the game flow when it could have got quite towsy early on and got every decision pretty much bang on.

Brighton Jambo

I thought he did well, there was a couple of moments in the second half where I was waiting for a Collum classic but he just waved the player to get up and ran off.  

Vanecek won a header and he blew for a foul. Couldn't understand what for.

There was a late challenge in our box in the second half by a Livi player that I thought was a booking though not seen it on the telly yet

I thought he was back to giving fouls for niggly wee things. 

At least he kept the cards away by and large, and no ridiculous penalties. 

I thought he was awful. Free kicks for nothing. No free kicks for stone wall free kicks.

Poorer than usual from him.

Thought Naismith should have had a stonewall booking in the first half to be fair.  He was okay.   One of our better refs at the moment but that's not saying much.

Thought the first 30 minutes he was blowing for anything and everything. Been complaining for a while now that the ref plays too much of a role in the game and often what ref you get dictates how you need to play. Collum likes to be centre stage and overly officious so any chance he gets to make it about him he will take. 

He did get better but the refs need to get together and agree on standards of play they will universally accept and not. If they are okay with a rough and tumble league then they need to create red lines on what constitutes that and make everyone aware on the standards they are wanting. We can't have Mclean allowing say grappling in the box and Beaton giving a penalty for the same thing. Its farcical. Too much inconsistency. I felt like Collums early form in the game was way too whistle happy. We're here to watch the football Willie, not you. 

10 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

Except the many fouls he felt needed to be given one way and not the other 

and refusing to play any sort of advantage. Stopping play for the prettiest of fouls.

He was ok.

Felt he was quick to give fouls against DV but let Menga away with similar.

Thought he defended his lino well when Doyle was giving the lino a bollocking. He could have escalated Doyle but he sorted it calmly.

Blew the whistle for **** all on about 5 or 6 occasions. Not just against us but for as well.

Sometimes I think he is corrupt to the core.

Either way, He's not a very good referee. Simple as that really.

Given the standard of refereeing in Scotland in the last few years, he had a good game today. He has been good in most of the games he has had us.

He inadvertently got in the way of a pass to one of our players and blew up for a foul on Naismith which was a bit dubious to even things up.

59 minutes ago, BervieJambo said:

Credit where credit’s due - I thought the referee had a very good game today. Let the game flow when it could have got quite towsy early on and got every decision pretty much bang on.

I thought he was terrible. 

King Of The Cat Cafe
14 minutes ago, Sid said:

Naismith 100% got off with a clear “taking one for the team booking” on Dolly. 

I thought that, too.

That's twice in a row at Tynecastle that people have been saying nice(ish) things about Our Wullie.

1 hour ago, Thommo414 said:

Except the many fouls he felt needed to be given one way and not the other 

Spot on. Stopped the game far to much as every ref does. Every coming together does not mean a foul. Shite as usual 

1 hour ago, BervieJambo said:

If Livingston had won would you have said the same? Nah didn’t think so. 

Just now, magicjohnston said:

Best thing he did was get hit in the coupon with the ball, then gave us a freekick!

Invented a new rule there. 

HillmanHearts
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Overall in terms of the standard of refereeing that we have, that was a good performance. 

Agreed.

There are many worse these days.

Miles better than Brother Madden and The Fud Beaton.

2 hours ago, BervieJambo said:

I have to agree with you. Never really noticed him very much, which is a good sign.

Refs have a tough job. I often wonder why they do it in Scotland, all the ever get is abuse and critisims from supporters. Some of the critics should have a go.

1 hour ago, kila said:

Vanecek won a header and he blew for a foul. Couldn't understand what for.

There was a late challenge in our box in the second half by a Livi player that I thought was a booking though not seen it on the telly yet

It was a shocker of a tackle - late, over the top and a stick on red for a Hearts player!!!

As usual the BBC didn’t even bother showing a replay!!!

Edited by Thomaso

1 hour ago, rick witter said:

Spot on. Stopped the game far to much as every ref does. Every coming together does not mean a foul. Shite as usual 

Wasn't even every coming together, it was every coming together he could give Livis way with the odd 1 every 5 or 6 going to us

27 minutes ago, H2 said:

I have to agree with you. Never really noticed him very much, which is a good sign.

Refs have a tough job. I often wonder why they do it in Scotland, all the ever get is abuse and critisims from supporters. Some of the critics should have a go.

You didn't notice him?

You can't have watched the game.

1 hour ago, Gorgieshed said:

Given the standard of refereeing in Scotland in the last few years, he had a good game today. He has been good in most of the games he has had us.

Under no circumstances could I use the word "good" in relation to his display.

Overly fussy and at the same time, yet again, we see a strong centre forward of ours being pulled up every time he didn't allow the defence to knock him over.

Of course, you can point to where we got a few breaks but, that doesn't excuse his generally poor display.

I'm convinced that his whistle happy refereeing in the first 20-30 minutes negated any chance of the game settling down.  He did exactly what a team defending away from home would do, break up the play, stop any chance of momentum building up.

It's no coincidence that, when he cut back A BIT on his overly fussy refereeing, we actually built up a head of steam in the last 10 minutes of the first half.

Can you seem him refereeing an Uglies game like that?

1 hour ago, ramrod said:

He has definitely improved his performance tbf   Nowhere near Dallas, Beaton and Madden in terms of incompetence. 

Best comment of this thread

Jambof3tornado

Poor performance but exactly what we will get until they move to imrove the standards. Vanecek got very few decisions his way in the same way Uche gets nowt.

Just now, Jlv2004 said:

Okay, you didn't notice him very much?

You can't have watched the game. 

I'll leave you to ponder in your own imagination.

1 hour ago, HillmanHearts said:

Agreed.

There are many worse these days.

Miles better than Brother Madden and The Fud Beaton.

Agree, but not much to improve on

I thought he was poor and held the game up badly blowing up for anybody who hit the deck. I don't know why but in his eyes if a player hits the turf there has been a foul committed by someone. Also they had a player on a yellow who should have been off after clearing out one of our players cannot remember who may have been DV ... never even spoke to the guy because he knew he would have to be off the park!

3 hours ago, BervieJambo said:

He didn’t have any key decisions to make.  I thought he was whistle happy.

He didn't have an awful game, but that was largely because the players gave him very little to do.

I thought he got the Naismith talking to rather than a booking right as he didn't make proper contact. If he had made contact it was a clear booking.

Two incidents I'd like to see again because they were at far end from me were offside goal which I assume was correct given no one mentioned it here and challenge in our box on Garuccio late in the game which he didn't give a foul for despite looking like worst challenge of the game.

The failure to book the Livi player who cynically took Vanecek out after the ball had been played past him, in front of the main stand near the end of the game, was a really poor decision. Absolutely clear cut booking. Hadn't realised it was the player already booked. If that was the case it probably explains the decision, but makes it even worse.

My biggest complaint was the number of fouls given against Vanecek, which probably puts down the marker for how he will be dealt with by refs in Scotland. He was consistently being nudged when in the air and manhandled when on the ground without getting free kicks which would be fine, except he kept getting fouls against him for the same thing. At the same time Menga was just as physical at the other end without having fouls called against him. Infuriating level of inconsistency.

Seymour M Hersh

Seemed to treat them with leniency and us to the letter on the law. Not 100% of the time but most of it. How they didn't have 2 more yellows for the Garuccio and Vanacek incidents is very odd. 

3 hours ago, milky_26 said:

the first what 10-15 mins he seemed to blow for the slightest thing. he did get better after that

Turning point was getting thumped in the puss with the ball. Thought he was going to stick one on Dolly for a fleeting moment.