Central Midfield

rick witter

Superb result today without playing well at all but the thing for me is central midfield. We are so poor in midfield it makes it so hard to start attacks. Djoum and Lee were terrible today and I can’t wait to see Haring back. 

Just now, rick witter said:

Superb result today without playing well at all but the thing for me is central midfield. We are so poor in midfield it makes it so hard to start attacks. Djoum and Lee were terrible today and I can’t wait to see Haring back. 

What did Djoum do wrong exactly? He did exactly what he needed to do in that role. And the goal came from midfield and was scored by a midfielder.

HamishMcGonagall

What I'd give for a centre midfielder who, upon receiving the ball, drives forward with it.  Years since we've had a player like that..

Djoum was not terrible.     He was probably our best player.     Only the chronically ignorant seem to miss the work he does.      GTF with your shite.

bringonthesevco

I agree that Djoum does work hard, but the OP is right in that we’re crying out for a spark of inspiration in the middle of the park...

1 minute ago, bringonthesevco said:

I agree that Djoum does work hard, but the OP is right in that we’re crying out for a spark of inspiration in the middle of the park...

Absolutely 

bringonthesevco
Just now, kila said:

We missed Haring

I love Haring but we need a quality creative player in there with him...don’t think that’s Edwards, lee, bozanic,burns,Mulraney 

Vlad the impaler

Maybe the op was trying to make the point they’re too similar to play together but to say Djoum never played well is just plain silly

11 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Djoum was not terrible.     He was probably our best player.     Only the chronically ignorant seem to miss the work he does.      GTF with your shite.

Can only agree with this. Djoum found a man with every pass and was one of the few looking to play football. Every time we got the ball down and played around them we looked dangerous. 

Thought lee and Djoum had good games it was are wide players that are the problem desperately need a deceby winger to give us an out ball

Clare was signed to be that ball carrying midfielder. 

He started in central midfield but after a very poor thirty minutes Clare and Naismith changed positions. 

Djoum gave the ball away once in the whole match. He did the role exceptionally well it is just we need something more from the midfield and Haring probably gives us that. 

I agree with the sentiment though there is just something missing in the team. 

It was a very hard game with only one real bit of quality. No one was terrible however no one stood out either.

25 minutes ago, rick witter said:

We are so poor in midfield it makes it so hard to start attacks. Djoum and Lee were terrible today and I can’t wait to see Haring back. 

Nonsense, absolute nonsense - FFS some people on this site has absolutely no idea - it is infuriating at times!

Edited by Mr Kipling

A Fulton, Cameron, Hartley, Aguiar would be lovely. But with Naismith, Lee, Djoum and Haring I think we have decent midfield options going forward if we can get them playing with the forwards like at the start of the season.

Edited by Guest

25 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Thought Djoum was good today and Lee was ok. Lack of any quality wide puts a lot of pressure on these guys. 

27 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Livvie 5 men in midfield and Lee was poor.  Doom battled and we needed Haring, no doubt.

A potential banana skin out of the way. 

54 minutes ago, rick witter said:

You sir are a clown.

37 minutes ago, pointon said:

Thought lee and Djoum had good games it was are wide players that are the problem desperately need a deceby winger to give us an out ball

Lee - 6 got better after giving the ball away a fair bit first half. Djoum - 7 was quietly effective.

Some people are so desperate for Djoum to play badly that they just convince themselves that he did, regardless of reality. It's pathetic.

The Future's Maroon
19 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

Maybe the op was trying to make the point they’re too similar to play together but to say Djoum never played well is just plain silly

Almost exactly what I was going to type!

I though Djoum had a good game personally.

I thought Lee and Djoum done well today.  Lee in particular was pinging some nice passes around but I do agree that we need someone who controls the midfield.  Harry Cochrane will be that guy going forward.

9 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Lee - 6 got better after giving the ball away a fair bit first half. Djoum - 7 was quietly effective.

I’m a clown but you gave a 6 and a 7 out of 10 for both players I mentioned. Against Livingston at home I’m expecting at least an 8 out of 10 dominating performance. 

Thanks for the personal insult though mods you watching this??

5 minutes ago, eddiepolio said:

Thought Bozanic did well when he came on and he's been unlucky to not see more game time. 

Bozanic had a great attitude when he came on and put himself about. Exactly what we needed at that time. 

2 minutes ago, rick witter said:

I’m a clown but you gave a 6 and a 7 out of 10 for both players I mentioned. Against Livingston at home I’m expecting at least an 8 out of 10 dominating performance. 

Dry your eyes pal. Entitled to your opinion but you're going to get some feedback. 

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, rick witter said:

I thought Djoum was very good. Good energy, won alot of second balls. Livi have some decent attacking players, but I thought we were quite comfortable. I do not like our 1 is enough thinking though but maybe that will change if we can get the players abit more confident

Edited by rudi must stay

fabienleclerq

OP taking pelters but CM isn't good enough for me and has been obvious even at the start of the season when we were top. There's no one that dictates the tempo or creates things from CM. Naismith is doing it further forward. 

1 hour ago, rick witter said:

You don't really understand football, do you?

:facepalm:

23 minutes ago, rick witter said:

?

Kickback never fails to disappoint. In terms of roasters, it always delivers whether we win, lose or draw, can we change it to www.hmfcpostman.co.uk?

1 hour ago, HamishMcGonagall said:

What I'd give for a centre midfielder who, upon receiving the ball, drives forward with it.  Years since we've had a player like that..

Nah, I disagree, if that defensive holding midfielder wins the ball and drives forward then that role is then misplaced on the field, the Haring role is to win the ball and make a key pass.

2 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Nah, I disagree, if that defensive holding midfielder wins the ball and drives forward then that role is then misplaced on the field, the Haring role is to win the ball and make a key pass.

Think he was pining for Colin Cameron. Can't blame him. 

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

The first 3 parts of this statement agree with I do.

Looking to the future we do need a carrier in there. 

I don’t know if it’s personal style of players these days or a mental aspect but there seems a lack of cut and thrust in midfielders.

Ours tend not to move on a after playing someone in. Certainly not enough times over 90 mins. 

I don’t know? they could be under instruction but seem they move up the park in stages rather than bursts. Play in a area and don’t stray too far. 

Nonsense from the OP.  It was a hard fought win where nobody was brilliant and nobody was bad either.  We had just come back from a 3 week break and had two players making there debut.  All in all it was a very satisfying performance and I can see us getting better over the next few weeks.

1 minute ago, GYL said:

This is the Correct answer.....

.......although IDST?

if destroyed still true ?

We used to write it in school next to something stupid. Like "Johnny fancies Mrs McCann's toes. IDST"

In this case though it's the truth ?

It was a battle, lots of long balls, lots of fighting for 2nd balls. I didn’t think Djoum did much wrong, was very disciplined and did his job. 

1 hour ago, HamishMcGonagall said:

Probably about £10M I’d guess.