Munich, what a trip

haveyouheard 22

stirlingshirejambo

Amazing trip

only thing missing from the fan shots was the inflatable shark that seemed to go up and down the terracing the whole game

i am very critical of today’s generation taking every snapshot on their  iPhones but this type of footage brought back so many memories

oh if only JC had.........

joondalupjambo

Was there with my soon to be wife and cannae mind singing the Hello, Hello song :cornette:   What an atmosphere though, typical Germans fought to the final minute, oh what could have been.

1 hour ago, stirlingshirejambo said:

Amazing trip

only thing missing from the fan shots was the inflatable shark that seemed to go up and down the terracing the whole game

i am very critical of today’s generation taking every snapshot on their  iPhones but this type of footage brought back so many memories

My first European trip ever by bus from Linlithgow to Munich.

If JC had scored I think we would have went through, then we would have met Napoli with Maradona in the line-up in the semi-final.

Great memories. 

Fort Vallance

Loads of stories for this one. Nearly makes the 36 hour each way bus journey irrelevant. Most of them revolve found the disco in the team hotel and consequently will remain confidential. 30 odd testosterone fuelled males and two females. And the recently signed Tosh McKinlay looking around thinking what the #### have I let myself in for !

Went there by coach - dear god, that bit was utterly horrendous. The rest was amazing - my first ever away trip to Europe. Very very happy memories 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
5 hours ago, joondalupjambo said:

Was there with my soon to be wife and cannae mind singing the Hello, Hello song :cornette:   What an atmosphere though, typical Germans fought to the final minute, oh what could have been.

hullo hullo song appears on almost every video posted on here of old footage it was pretty much the hearts song for a decade

it might not have been ok then it might not be ok in retrospect but it happened every single game for numbers of years

Went on the Hearts plane to this. They chartered a flight and sold the remaining seats to fans and journalists. They also offered accommodation in the Hotel Metropol in Munich.

A fantastic trip, a near fantastic result (if only wee JC had done the biz) and I was signed off work for 5 weeks on returning home.

Met Archie McPherson too. :sadrobbo:

I had to climb over the fence of a German airforce base to get to a local bar to watch it. The locals were suprised how good we were. I got caught climbing back in (on exercise, confined to base at the time) well in the shit, 2 weeks jankers. 

Don't remember to much about the game, horrendous bus journey, nae bar in in the hotel but the kabab shop over the road had beer and was happy to have a lock in ? another glorious could have been! in the roller-coaster that is life as a Hearts fan

highlight of the trip for me was when a fellow JT asked in a local establishment  "how much for sooky sooky" doing a blowjob mime . only to be told " **** off ya dick am fae  Gorgie" :robboyas:

Pasquale for King

First trip abroad, 24 hour bus journey. So many memories, hope my Hearts boxers are still pinned up behind the bar in one of the many fine pubs we frequented. 

LOL, that video is from my FB page. I posted 4 from Munich. Our bus convenor took the footage on an old video camera. We left from Tynecastle. We stayed in the Hungar Hotel and the thats where thr guys on the roof are.

Bazzas right boot
19 hours ago, stirlingshirejambo said:

Amazing trip

If he had... 

Napoli, complete with Maradona would have been visiting. 

Took my laddie to Allianz to watch Bayern last year, there’s a Bayern Sport bar in the centre of town, we were in there watching football and looking around and sure enough our eyes were drawn to the famous! An old Hearts pendant proudly hung on the wall! The two older guys in the bar remembered the game and remembered the support :) 

off the rails

Travelled on one of the club organised buses. My mate was sick over his seat next to me, another guy lost his passport and there was a fight over seating arrangements. This while still parked in McLeod Street waiting to leave!

We traveled by coach, couldn’t believe our eyes when we pulled up behind a mckendry’s coach with no toilet and widows missing, must have been a laugh ? 

21 hours ago, Jamdub said:

My first European trip ever by bus from Linlithgow to Munich.

If JC had scored I think we would have went through, then we would have met Napoli with Maradona in the line-up in the semi-final.

Great memories. 

Ran the bus then with big Gordon Dundas.  Super trip, with a few beers along the way.