Lennon to advise SFA + refs on discipline

Blindheart

The Scottish FA has asked Hibernian head coach Neil Lennon to help them improve their disciplinary system ! Now I have a very poor opinion of both the SFA and refs but Lennon to advise on discilplinary matters. I know it's a bit of a fox helping the hounds but really -Lennon. I despair

Someone obviously thinks they have suddenly become an ever so clever little monkey by being a progressive thinking visionary.    Lateral thinking.    Added bonus of appearing proactive and inclusive regarding some of the health issues associated with Lennon.

I'm getting a suntan from the glow of self satisfaction eminating from Hampden.

avhudtheteeshirt

When I seen the Headlines, my first thought was "can't be", then realised he was put forward on Thursday to speak for the Premiership Managers at the meeting?

So, it was probably on that basis he was invited to help?

Must be up there with the worst appointment yet by the SFA and SPFL!!!

CRAZY!!!!!!!

What do we have to do to get through to the bunch of clowns running Scottish football, they are in their own wee world of delusion and incompetence. They are world class at f@#k ups, is there anything they do or get right that gets the ordinary fan praising them for doing. I don’t think so. 

Lennon is the last guy they should be talking to.

Is there not something fundamentally flawed asking someone who is currently managing a top level club (I use the term loosely) to advise on the disciplinary system?

Just sort out your treatment of Celtic and Rangers rather than trying to make it sound like you need help.

Edited by Riccarton3

It could only happen here. Rather than face up to the unpleasant facts about refereeing in this country, they decide to go down this path using someone who has been seen to be more than a little mentally and emotionally unstable to take advice from. The cynic in me thinks that the "Celtic " factor has much to do with this. That in to self says much about this. 

A current SPFL manager? Jesus Christ. That’s a good idea... one who fakes getting hit in the head with a coin?... a man who threatened his ex with a knife if she told the truth about their relationship? 

The SFA need to pack up the big top, and get the **** out of town. They can take monkeys like Petrie and Lennon with them.

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

joondalupjambo

If this is true, and not just paper talk then I would love to see the written down definition of the role and tasks that the SFA want Lennon to undertake.   If they want to be transparent then they need to issue that to the clubs and the fans.

Appointing Lennon to advise the SFA on discipline is akin to the NHS appointing Harold Shipman to advise on care for the elderly!

fabienleclerq

Brilliant, only in Scotland could a wife beating bigot with a massive chip on his shoulder be put forward to improve discipline.

Seymour M Hersh

Does this make popcorn teeth beyond the authorities now as he's part of the system?  He was pretty bombproof prior to this move (no doubt heavily facilitated by Petrie the snake) so what is he now, totally so? 

There's a ref in the group as well.....Kevin Clancey !

?

Fair play to them, they've realised the whole game is up the shoot and are just having a laugh now !

manaliveits105

British Broadcasting Celtic will be all over this they will show the Scottish Fraudulent Association for what it is with dynamic journalism 

adambraejambo

Hehe it had to be someone with either Celtic or Rangers connections. No way will this backfire on them when Lennon next loses the plot. 

Maybe they wanted the view of the man in the stand. Of all the managers, he's the most qualified for that.

How can they ask someone who has had disciplinary issues the majority of his playing & management career to advise of discipline?

how can they ask any current manager in the league for that matter??

2 hours ago, Blindheart said:

The Scottish FA has asked Hibernian head coach Neil Lennon to help them improve their disciplinary system ! Now I have a very poor opinion of both the SFA and refs but Lennon to advise on discilplinary matters. I know it's a bit of a fox helping the hounds but really -Lennon. I despair

Vo2Fcyz.gif

alwaysthereinspirit
3 hours ago, Blindheart said:

That has to be trolling at its absolute best.

3 hours ago, Blindheart said:

Thats like asking the Captain of the Titanic to sail the survivors home!!

No great surprise, Petrie is the SFA. Keeping his wee snaggle toothed pal happy with a foot in the door.

Petrie at the helm and Lennon advising refs. Aye Hibs, we’re the establishment club right enough. 

5 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

They are asking the most volatile nutcracker to advise them. It’s got to be a wind up surely. :vrface::lenny:

It's like one of these films when the police hire a notorious safe cracker or serial murderer to help them catch someone

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

It's like one of these films when the police hire a notorious safe cracker or serial murderer to help them catch someone

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti"

:lenny:

queensferryjambo
2 hours ago, Cade said:

How many bans has this mental case had?!

Not as many as he deserved.

He still hasn't had a thing done to him about him goading the Hearts fans in the last derby at Tynecastle. He played a masterstroke going on the offensive the next day and threw out the sectarian / racist cards so nobody would have the bottle to pull him up on his behaviour.

He has acted like an absolute idiot the last 2 visits to Tynecastle - 

0_Neil-Lennon180JPG.jpg

image.jpg

It's funny when the hilariously dysfunctional worlds of the SFA and Hibs collide.

Can anyone think of the common denominator between the two organisations over the last 10 or so years, when both have sunk to their lowest?

A man with a well-known moustache maybe?

Shanks said no

I didn't comment at the time as this felt like a wind up. But did his fellow managers nominate him knowing he was close to the edge. If so it looks like a cunning plan that has worked.

Congratulations to the SFA on their insightful appointment.  You'll have to pay him a wage now. 

Perhaps he could get a job with the United Nations Peace Corps?