Kickback help required

fabienleclerq

fabienleclerq

Bit of a begging post, a family friends grandparents have been threatened with deportation. They've been here for forty years and have no support in Iran, they've had a family and contributed to our society. Their kids work, their grandkids work, the one I know is a teacher in Edinburgh and his brother plays pro rugby. Is this not the type of immigration we want? People who come and work and contribute and their family carries that on?

Anyway I'll leave a link to sign the petition and if you have a spare 30 seconds it would be appreciated.

https://www.change.org/p/the-home-office-home-office-refuses-to-let-great-grandparents-remain-in-uk?recruiter=false&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=psf_combo_share_initial.pacific_post_sap_share_gmail_abi.gmail_abi.lightning_2primary_share_options_more.control&utm_term=share_petition

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-46923234

24 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Bit of a begging post, a family friends grandparents have been threatened with deportation. They've been here for forty years and have no support in Iran, they've had a family and contributed to our society. Their kids work, their grandkids work, the one I know is a teacher in Edinburgh and his brother plays pro rugby. Is this not the type of immigration we want? People who come and work and contribute and their family carries that on?

Anyway I'll leave a link to sign the petition and if you have a spare 30 seconds it would be appreciated.

https://www.change.org/p/the-home-office-home-office-refuses-to-let-great-grandparents-remain-in-uk?recruiter=false&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=psf_combo_share_initial.pacific_post_sap_share_gmail_abi.gmail_abi.lightning_2primary_share_options_more.control&utm_term=share_petition

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-46923234

Working in the DWP, a Polish claimant who lived in the UK for over 20  years, paid his taxes and NI, schooled their kids in this country. As a benefit claimant he had to satisfy a Habitual Residency Test. Despite this they still failed and were told they had no right to public funds. I advised them to appeal the decision which subsequently went in their favour.

You should advise the same.

Petition signed too. 

fabienleclerq
19 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Working in the DWP, a Polish claimant who lived in the UK for over 20  years, paid his taxes and NI, schooled their kids in this country. As a benefit claimant he had to satisfy a Habitual Residency Test. Despite this they still failed and were told they had no right to public funds. I advised them to appeal the decision which subsequently went in their favour.

You should advise the same.

Petition signed too. 

Thanks mate.

Signed. I truly hope these efforts help in some way. This is their home just as much as it is mine. 

Hostile environment indeed. Some of the stories you hear at the moment are beyond comprehension. Brexit too with this EU Resettlement Scheme. The stress and worry must be making people ill, never mind the awful sense of rejection. It’s heartbreaking. 

:oldsad:

If they were criminals or terrorist, I bet human rights lawyers would be all over it.  Signed, and good luck to them.

9 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

I didn't sign because I'm from outside the UK and it wouldn't be right.

But I have huge sympathy for them - you'd have to have a heart of stone not to.

I know someone who lives here having left Iran in 1979.  His situation is a bit different; he's a Bahá'í, and adherents to that religion have been subjected to persecution in many countries, including Iran.  He's had residency here since the 1980s and is now a citizen.

• 4 weeks later...
fabienleclerq

Thought I'd give this a wee bump, looks like they have been granted permission to say which is great news. Thanks to those who signed, it seems to have helped.

Darn foreigners coming over here, contributing to society. 

Glad to hear a positive outcome but sad they had to go through a period of worry and uncertainty. No doubt there’ll be others in similar situations.