• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gashauskis9

• The Internet

• letsalldothebeattie

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Who knew Ian Murray was manager of Airdrie? He was out of work for a while. 

Play Celtic after knocking out his previous team Dumbarton.

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Looking forward to this one as one of my son in laws plays for Airdrie and the games on Sky so it will be down to the pub for this one. He's a bit worried he wont be picked despite being an ever present this season. Says Murray is OK but a bit quiet!

So Cowdenbeath wanted it played....... interesting.

Cowdenbeath director Tom Ewing believes their Central Park pitch was playable, despite their Scottish Cup tie against Rangers being postponed.

Friday's fourth-round match was called off because of a frozen pitch after an inspection by a local referee three hours before it was due to start.

"The referee's made his decision and we've got to abide by that, but we are hugely disappointed," Ewing said.

"We didn't call the referee in. We felt the pitch was fine."

Cowdenbeath manager Gary Bollan added: "The decision was taken there and then. Come kick-off time, I think it would have been playable.

"If it was Berwick Rangers, the game would have gone ahead in my opinion."

The 4,300-capacity ground was sold out for a match due to be shown live on TV, with Steven Gerrard's Rangers playing the first game after the Premiership's winter break.

Cowdenbeath felt they had done enough to make sure there was no postponement - but the game will now be played on Wednesday, 30 January.

Volunteers helped the League Two club lay protective covers over the playing surface on Wednesday, and they were removed on the day of the match.

"We were confident that the pitch was good," Ewing told BBC Scotland. "Some of the Rangers staff arrived and the next thing there were discussions with the SFA and they wanted to send the referee along.

"It's their game and we've got to abide by that. It was a local referee that was called out and in our view it was only a precaution.

"We played in the Betfred Cup a couple of games here after a long, dry summer and I would absolutely say the pitch was harder then that it is now."

29 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Called off due to this small frozen part of the pitch :lol: 

4AEB82F8-1DFE-4756-A770-5A69B6E9B90A.jpeg

Hairdryers would have done that.

With an extension cable 

Auchinleck v Ayr could be a decent game tomorrow, on TV too, I watched Auchinleck a couple of months ago and they've got some good players, interested to see how they do up against a championship side.

Called this on the winter break thread (couple of months ago I think) that they have it at the wrong time and their would be call offs, coldest time of year is invariably from now to about the 10th of February.

Summer fitbaw FTW!!

15 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

With an extension cable 

Could've asked a Rangers fan to hold a flare over it for a while, sorted

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

With an extension cable 

Should have taken the pundits pitch side, would have defrosted in seconds. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

Could've asked a Rangers fan to hold a flare over it for a while, sorted

Or his armpit. 

Салатные палочки
20 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Auchinleck v Ayr could be a decent game tomorrow, on TV too, I watched Auchinleck a couple of months ago and they've got some good players, interested to see how they do up against a championship side.

I think that could be the one real shock. They will be right up for it, especially given it's another Ayrshire team. Hopefully it's on as I'm looking forward to that one. 

At least it means Rangers will come back to a potentially tough game at Rugby Park.

Fife derby between Raith and Dunfermline could be good. First time they've met in the cup for almost 50 years.

26 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Backed Auchinleck @ 14/1 to win

Also Auchinleck BTTS @ 20/1

More shocks possible:

Raith 11/4

& BTTS & win @ 9/2

Lastly QOS @ 4/1

& BTTS & win @ 15/2

William H. Bonney
44 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

another quote from bolan

"If it was Berwick Rangers, the game would have gone ahead in my opinion."

I'm not sure what he is insinuating. 

4 hours ago, Zaba said:

Could be one of the most predictable Scottish cup weekends in terms of results for a long time. 

Hibs nil.

:biggrin:

8 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Murray has been working as an assistant manager in Norway for the last year.

letsalldothebeattie

Absolutely love this weekend unlike the FA Cup the Scottish Cup hasn't lost any of its magic. Some decent ties this weekend looking forward to the lunchtime game between Auchinleck & Ayr could be a decent and tasty affair. Fancy Queen Of The South to dump Dundee out today, cant see it but would be nice if Elgin knocked Hibs out, tricky tie for Robbie & his Dundee Utd side away at Montrose, Motherwell v Ross County could be a decent game add in the Fife Derby Raith v Dunfermline and Sportscene is on tonight as well so bonus.

Not forgetting our game tomorrow would love to see us smash Livi for revenge for last month but will be happy with a scrappy win

13 hours ago, weegie jambo said:

Looking forward to this one as one of my son in laws plays for Airdrie and the games on Sky so it will be down to the pub for this one. He's a bit worried he wont be picked despite being an ever present this season. Says Murray is OK but a bit quiet!

I trust you have advised the son in law in question to destroy Scott Brown.

13 hours ago, kila said:

Compared to our attempt at a game at Ibrox a few years ago :laugh:

There is a suspicion it was Rangers that objected and asked for local referee to be brought in. To be fair might have been quite bad, that 3 foot spot. 

Mate at work, Raith fan has got me a ticket for their cup tie with Dunfermline, should be a good atmosphere, then Tynie tomorrow to see the famous.

Has our 2012 cup win been cancelled out due to our financial issues?  According to sportscene, Auchinleck have never got to this round of the cup before ?.

Got to love the magic of the cup.  Auchinleck social club next door to the ref and team dressing rooms ?.

Салатные палочки
12 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Has our 2012 cup win been cancelled out due to our financial issues?  According to sportscene, Auchinleck have never got to this round of the cup before ?.

Got to love the magic of the cup.  Auchinleck social club next door to the ref and team dressing rooms ?.

Superb. Proper wee fitba ground.

Салатные палочки

Can see the gulf in ability here. Talbot need to settle down when they get forward, seem to be panicking a bit when they get near the box. 

Did that co-commentator (Dodds?) really just say "...and like all good strikers, he hit the deck..."?

What an absolute ****ing arsehole.

37 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Got to love the magic of the cup.  Auchinleck social club next door to the ref and team dressing rooms ?

Proper football. 

Commentator having to apologise for language. No noise filters on today.

Decent game too.

Just now, Boof said:

Did that co-commentator (Dodds?) really just say "...and like all good strikers, he hit the deck..."?

What an absolute ****ing arsehole.

And just said Ayr boy had a good effort on goal when he shanked it

45 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Pretty sure they said Talbot had never been past this stage, they mentioned the 2012 tie at Tynecastle a few times after that.

letsalldothebeattie

This game reminds me of the game we had against Talbot in 2012. Ayr struggling to break them down while Talbot sit in and hit when they can. Game finely poised