Clevid Dikamona

bigdav

Amazing how players from far wide just fall in love with the club, yet our neighbours players can’t get out the place quick enough, unless they’re a jakey drug abusing shoplifting Elvis hating violent simpleton 

Captain Price

One or two bombscare moments, but he’s good with the ball at his feet and a solid defender. Plus he bossed the derby with one leg, sign him up. 

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Don't see a problem. Hughes will be retiring at the end of the season. 

Dikamona just fills that gap left. A useful defender to have around as cover.

True

You need players who have passion playing for this club. He certainly seems to have that in bucket loads. He well deserves a new contract.

Tennant's  6's

Get him signed. Has the odd head ****, but his desire in the last derby was a thing of beauty. 

Like others have said, surprisingly light on his feet too.

Hughs was wearing the light grey coaches kit on the footy tennis clip, so maybe he's already moved onto the coaching staff.

i like the guy, i hope we give him a new deal.

hes a good defender, he seems to just "get" hearts. looks like hes loving his time here and he came into the derby not fully fit, was clearly struggling with pain but fought through it and earned massive amounts of respect from me for that.

14 minutes ago, Barack said:

:spoton:

Broxburn Jambo

I am sure he can fill a few gaps if required

Defence

Defensive midfielder

Probably even a battering ram up front

And even better he gets to the club and plays with enjoyment

25 minutes ago, Barack said:

I don't see him as cover in the long run.

If he stays I think he will continue to grow and improve over the next year and be a first pick in defence.

He's not been here that long, it's reasonable to suggest he will get better.

He has the right attitude that goes a long way in the Scottish game.

The_razors_edge
3 minutes ago, Broxburn Jambo said:

I am sure he can fill a few gaps if required

Defence

Defensive midfielder

Probably even a battering ram up front

And even better he gets to the club and plays with enjoyment

He's got decent feet for a big lad. Give him the Kevin McKenna Auxiliary forward role when we're chasing the game. imagine a forward line of Dikamona, Ikpeazu and Vanecek! 

1 minute ago, The_razors_edge said:

He's got decent feet for a big lad. Give him the Kevin McKenna Auxiliary forward role when we're chasing the game. imagine a forward line of Dikamona, Ikpeazu and Vanecek! 

We’ll be chasing games when vanacek is here? Vanacek and Levein oot now #bringbackcathro

The Goalscoring Knee

I like him a lot - big heart, good with the ball at his feet. I just wish minor quibble, maybe)  he was as accurate with his defensive clearing headers as he seems to be when he gets into the opposition's box. 

The_razors_edge
Just now, Dayman said:

We’ll be chasing games when vanacek is here? Vanacek and Levein oot now #bringbackcathro

Got to prepare for every eventuality...initiative and attention to detail are everything. Just ask Bielsa!

Well worth a 2 year deal. Seems like he has the right character and personality as well. 

We need at least 4 good centerhalfs and we’ve got Smithy as well who will probably move into that position as he gets older. 

So if we can get Clevid, Smith, Souttar signed up for the longer term and if this Shaughnessy lads decent and made permanent, we’ll have plenty of solid options and a level of consistency in that position. 

I think it’s important we start building a team/squad with a 3-4 year lifespan than ripping it up every season. 

8 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Well worth a 2 year deal. Seems like he has the right character and personality as well. 

We need at least 4 good centerhalfs and we’ve got Smithy as well who will probably move into that position as he gets older. 

So if we can get Clevid, Smith, Souttar signed up for the longer term and if this Shaughnessy lads decent and made permanent, we’ll have plenty of solid options and a level of consistency in that position. 

I think it’s important we start building a team/squad with a 3-4 year lifespan than ripping it up every season. 

Totally agree. This ‘player x is easily replaceable’ attitude is not the way to do things. Any new player coming in comes with a risk attached. When you have players like Smith and Dikamona in your squad, you keep them. 

1 hour ago, Captain Price said:

but he’s good with the ball at his feet and a solid defender. Plus he bossed the derby with one leg, sign him up. 

He's excellent with the ball at his feet, more so for being a defender. I like how he can mix it up and be either no nonsense or show a bit of flair. Good in the air as well. I'd like to see him stay

Worth a 2yr deal, seems to have a good attitude. He has a good skill level and could be cover for other positions including midfield, if needed. If not first eleven regular when others fit, very good to have on the bench. Good squad player.

11 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Totally agree. This ‘player x is easily replaceable’ attitude is not the way to do things. Any new player coming in comes with a risk attached. When you have players like Smith and Dikamona in your squad, you keep them. 

Yep. I always look at Ferguson’s Man Utd sides as the key to squad building. I think we should keep 90-95% of what we have, one or two quality signings in the summer and the squad then supplemented by Academy players. When the youngsters gain enough experience and are ready for the first team, we’ll rarely have to sign anyone except on a one in one out basis. 

54 minutes ago, The_razors_edge said:

Got to prepare for every eventuality...initiative and attention to detail are everything. Just ask Bielsa!

I’ll go ask him the now, he’s outside my window taking notes on how to make a cup of tea 

Edited by Dayman

2 hours ago, Captain Price said:

One or two bombscare moments, but he’s good with the ball at his feet and a solid defender. Plus he bossed the derby with one leg, sign him up. 

Sounds like he has the credentials to play in Haring's position until the latter is fit?

If Dikamona signed a 5 year deal with us, I'd have an absolute :clumshot:

Top man, who like many before him, seems to "get" what Hearts are all about.  His derby performances this season have been top notch.  He should have scored in the first one, and the second one was as close to a player putting everything he has onto the field as you're likely to see.  Ran himself into the ground.

He's exactly the sort of person we want wearing maroon :) 

StevenNaismith

My worry with him and a new contract is that I don’t think Craig thinks he’s good enough to be a first pick at Hearts long term and I don’t think Clevid will want to sit on the bench every week. He may get 1 more year.

3 hours ago, Barack said:

Pres calls it spot on again ??

As has been said, Hughes is going, so may Soutar and Shaughnessy is only a loan.

No brainer that we keep him!

The Treasurer
3 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

My worry with him and a new contract is that I don’t think Craig thinks he’s good enough to be a first pick at Hearts long term and I don’t think Clevid will want to sit on the bench every week. He may get 1 more year.

I think a one year deal with option to extend for a another year or two.

Gives him a bit of stability but keeps him needing to produce if he wants to stay. Also covers the club if he doesn't live up to the early promise

The good thing is we have a year extension option on him in the summer. 

I would be surprised if we did not exercise that option. I like him and hope he stays around for a while yet. 

A back 3 of him Soapy and Berra would be pretty good. Souttar and Dikamona are both ball playing CB's so that would mean it wouldn't just be Souttar starting every attack and that = OPTSHUNS

Seriously, though he's given everything so far and has looked a solid option for us. Hopefully Levein is happy and he can stay at least another year or two. Cult hero in the making!

Apart from his complete horror show performance after coming on as sub against Rangers he’s been a solid signing.

Deserves an extension but would have him as back up.

Also, big fan of continuity. I don't think its sustainable to be turning over effectively a squad of players every transfer window (which is what we've done since Neilson initially came in). Having a settled squad where we can swap players out when needed will help create consistency. 

He was excellent against Hibs, however I still feel he being a bit overrated here.

Just my opinion obviously and it's in the minority, I do feel he is an accident waiting to happen and isn't very good in the air. Tin hat on...