Worst Hearts January transfers

Skippy Doodle

Skippy Doodle
Just now, chester copperpot said:

David Vanecek :peepwall:

Haha we shall see although he would need to be some cretin to be as bad as klimek or McCallum 

chester copperpot
1 minute ago, Skippy Doodle said:

Haha we shall see although he would need to be some cretin to be as bad as klimek or McCallum 

I am more worried that some on here think he's the new Robbo without actually having seen him play and will write him off after a few games.

Saw someone post on Facebook comment that he offers nothing based on a 60 min performance in a friendly ffs haha

Skippy Doodle
14 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

I am more worried that some on here think he's the new Robbo without actually having seen him play and will write him off after a few games.

Saw someone post on Facebook comment that he offers nothing based on a 60 min performance in a friendly ffs haha

I reckon he will help likes of lee Naismith djoum chip in with more goals ?

Skippy Doodle
15 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

not how I saw Balogh at all. Decent keeper who played plenty, he had some great saves for Hearts. The rest fair enough

Fair enough mate. His inclusion was more down to paying money when we were crying out for a decent forward 

millerjames398
1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

not how I saw Balogh at all. Decent keeper who played plenty, he had some great saves for Hearts. The rest fair enough

Im sure he had a worldy of a save v the vermin from a deflected shot, think it was a 0-0 game, didnt think he was too bad either, just kello got a chance and never looked back.

Harsh on Dauda. He was never going to be able to replace Sow, and became somewhat of a scapegoat after the Hibs catastrophe. Still got 5 goals in 13 games (according to Wiki) which is a decent return for a player trying to settle in Scotland.

rudi must stay
21 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Harsh on Dauda. He was never going to be able to replace Sow, and became somewhat of a scapegoat after the Hibs catastrophe. Still got 5 goals in 13 games (according to Wiki) which is a decent return for a player trying to settle in Scotland.

Dauda got the league towards the end of his loan spell. I wanted us to keep him and I think Neilson wanted to too

49 minutes ago, millerjames398 said:

Im sure he had a worldy of a save v the vermin from a deflected shot, think it was a 0-0 game, didnt think he was too bad either, just kello got a chance and never looked back.

Spot on ye it was v Hibs, that was in the back of my mind. Ye Kello was excellent for us for a few seasons

Brighton Jambo

What a good article, personally a bit harsh on Balogh and Dauda but it’s the debate that’s fun.  For me I would like to see Ludek Staceny on that list.  Another of the Rix gang I was at a game where he came on as sub after 20 minutes and then got hauled off after about 75.  Pretty much only time I can remember that happening! 

One more from me, wasn’t Dylan Bikey a January signing.  Whatever happened to him!

7 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

I’d say that is a given

Skippy Doodle
41 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

What a good article, personally a bit harsh on Balogh and Dauda but it’s the debate that’s fun.  For me I would like to see Ludek Staceny on that list.  Another of the Rix gang I was at a game where he came on as sub after 20 minutes and then got hauled off after about 75.  Pretty much only time I can remember that happening! 

One more from me, wasn’t Dylan Bikey a January signing.  Whatever happened to him!

yeah I even admitted to being harsh on dauda - his inclusion was more with the expectation and balogh with the transfer fee

I think game with straceny was 1-2 defeat at home to the dons

Brighton Jambo
Just now, Skippy Doodle said:

yeah I even admitted to being harsh on dauda - his inclusion was more with the expectation and balogh with the transfer fee

Yeah I think you are right.  I felt sorry for him, pretty humiliating! 

2 hours ago, Skippy Doodle said:

Yeah mate. Considered him but not enough room 

Would’ve had Kenny Anderson over Dauda and Balough but understand your reasoning for the latter

Skippy Doodle
5 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Would’ve had Kenny Anderson over Dauda and Balough but understand your reasoning for the latter

I think it would have been really easy to make article 20 transfers and I would still have been leaving out some terrible pieces of business haha

EasternRossco

Great article ?

Paul McCallum is some shout. He could literally sit across from me on the train, tell me he was Paul McCallum and I still wouldn't have a scoob who he was. 

The Goalscoring Knee

Good article. I'm another one for Straceny being on

48 minutes ago, Skippy Doodle said:
1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

For me I would like to see Ludek Staceny on that list.  Another of the Rix gang I was at a game where he came on as sub after 20 minutes and then got hauled off after about 75.  Pretty much only time I can remember that happening! 

Good article Mr Doodle.

Straceny's contribution against Aberdeen was even worse than this. On as a half-time sub, booked after 74 and hooked after 82.

And I had the joy of watching all that with my young son in the bucketing rain about two rows from the front of the Wheatfield.

This is what following the Hearts is all about, my boy...:smile:

9 hours ago, Skippy Doodle said:

The cretin was whoever sanctioned their signings.

2 hours ago, Skippy Doodle said:

Yeah mate. Considered him but not enough room 

In a list you decided the length of :lol:

Skippy Doodle
1 hour ago, Darren said:

The cretin was whoever sanctioned their signings.

In a list you decided the length of :lol:

Only so many hours in the day chief ?

Skippy Doodle
1 hour ago, Dino Velvet said:

Chris Hackett. 

I remember the odd appearance. Sub away to livi and start in a drab 0-0 match with inverness

Was never fancied due to being one of the token signings that RIX was allowed to make

Skippy Doodle
1 hour ago, EasternRossco said:

Great article ?

Paul McCallum is some shout. He could literally sit across from me on the train, tell me he was Paul McCallum and I still wouldn't have a scoob who he was. 

Yeah i still can’t fathom how he was given 1st penalty in that shoot out with Inverness without having trained with team before. That game was like amateur hour 

7 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

Was Kenny Anderson a January signing?

:o 

Had genuinely forgotten about him.  Never ever a footballer. 

Wouldn't even recognise him as an ex-Hearts player even if he walked past on the street wearing a massive Kenny Anderson neon sign.

Edited by tian447

Stupid Sexy Flanders

The closest Paul McCallum ever got to scoring for us, were the two occasions he jumped into a goalie and knocked him into the net with the ball. :lol:

Skippy Doodle
24 minutes ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

The closest Paul McCallum ever got to scoring for us, were the two occasions he jumped into a goalie and knocked him into the net with the ball. :lol:

haha yeah I remember the one against Aberdeen

think he may have had a goal disallowed away to killie as well for offside

Skippy Doodle
7 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Paul McCallum *shudders*

Him and klimek would be some strike force :laugh:

I barely remember Klimek - I just included him as an excuse to get the horse pic out again haha

Skippy Doodle
3 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Why do we do this to ourselves.

I got halfway down the page and started edging towards the nearest window.

its a fun debate (at least I hope it is) ;) 

Skippy Doodle
6 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Harsh on Balogh, he was a decent keeper. We’ve signed players a hell of a lot worse in January that aren’t included.

the inclusion is based more on the outlay for what became a 3rd choice keeper at the club - would agree that there have been a lot worse brought in though :)