• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Real Maroonblood

• Shanks said no

• whodanny

• Toggie88

On 18/01/2019 at 18:40, Dino Velvet said:

I never go on an indicator. Much to the annoyance of those behind me. 

At times, it feels like I'm one of the few drivers that indicates nowadays.

1 minute ago, Barack said:

As they detest him, it's quite pathetic the fawning he tries.

Jenny Bond, at least had a bit of dignity.

I actually thought Jenny Bond was terrible. I remember one of her reports about something fairly benign and she was treating like it was the moon landing. Sooner there's no need for a royal correspondent, the better. 

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

We've got a President Trump.

One Presidential *****, is enough at any one time.

True, he tainted himself by associating with that crook. 

Shanks said no
22 minutes ago, Toggie88 said:

I actually thought Jenny Bond was terrible. I remember one of her reports about something fairly benign and she was treating like it was the moon landing. Sooner there's no need for a royal correspondent, the better. 

Met Jenny Bond a few years ago at a corporate do. While others fawned over her and asked stupid questions about the RF and the jungle I got chatting with her daughter who she had brought along. Far more pleasurable experience (no I didn't)

Jennie Bond and daughter Emma

William H. Bonney
1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

It's ridiculous. Annoys the shit out of me. 

1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

That 2 of us bud that indicate,  the ones that indicate as they actually turn off the road 

instead of 50yds prior to turning , wots that all about, gets ma goat.

1 hour ago, Barack said:

1 hour ago, Barack said:

and 

One Presidential *****, is enough at any one time.

The President does not have to be a political figure.

A non political president could be elected by the people from the ranks of the people.

The main difference to the present set up would be replacing a monarch along with all the hangers on that a Royal Family entails. The Palaces ,castles and royal properties would be returned to the nation. There would be no obligation to keep the Presidents family in the lap of luxury other than the salary that the job pays plus the cost of security for the President and his immediate family.

The honours system  could also be binned and replaced with a citizens award scheme without the need to be labeling people with titles .

It would be true democracy and prove that in the UK at least all people are indeed equal.

1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

That 2 of us bud that indicate,  the ones that indicate as they actually turn off the road 

instead of 50yds prior to turning , wots that all about, gets ma goat.

Yep.  It's odd that so many people don't realise that the fecking purpose of indicating is to tell other road users what you intend to do, before you sodding well do it.

26 minutes ago, luckydug said:

The President does not have to be a political figure.

A non political president could be elected by the people from the ranks of the people.

The main difference to the present set up would be replacing a monarch along with all the hangers on that a Royal Family entails. The Palaces ,castles and royal properties would be returned to the nation. There would be no obligation to keep the Presidents family in the lap of luxury other than the salary that the job pays plus the cost of security for the President and his immediate family.

The honours system  could also be binned and replaced with a citizens award scheme without the need to be labeling people with titles .

It would be true democracy and prove that in the UK at least all people are indeed equal.

We have a "non-political" President whose role is limited and largely ceremonial.  Yet since 1990, our Presidents have sometimes had a significant political impact while remaining politically neutral.

Doctor FinnBarr
26 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

We have a "non-political" President whose role is limited and largely ceremonial.  Yet since 1990, our Presidents have sometimes had a significant political impact while remaining politically neutral.

I'm not too up on ROI politics/politicians Uly, is the President like our PM or do you have a President and a PM?

3 hours ago, Barack said:

I know. I'm going to go with he was actually on private land at the time though.

Rather than sensationalise it. 2 days after a crash, where he's being investigated as the main cause...I'd hesitate to think he's that thick. And unless there's documented proof of it, it's not really worth the time of day.

Edit: I've just bothered to find out for myself...he actually is that thick. No proof photographically of him, just his car turning into Sandringham. 

You’d think  given the events of a few days ago, he’d keep his head down. Papers now reporting he has been spoken to and given “advice.” Really hope that there’s a fair investigation into the crash and he’s treated as a commoner would. 

Dagger Is Back

Bloody entitled parasites. Silly old goat had another Freelander delivered today - sums them up.

Other families wouldn’t be so fortunate. 

Should do away with every single one of the sponging bourgeoisie 

23 minutes ago, bikerjambo said:

I'm not too up on ROI politics/politicians Uly, is the President like our PM or do you have a President and a PM?

The President's role here is similar to the Queen's in the UK system.  The President signs bills into law and dissolves or constitutes Parliament at the request of the PM.  Our parliamentary and Cabinet systems are very similar to those in the UK, although the technical rules are slightly different.  We have a PM, known here as the Taoiseach, and 15 Cabinet ministers.  Like the UK system, Cabinet generally runs the show if there's a majority government, and the most powerful Cabinet offices are Taoiseach and Minister for Finance (equivalent to the Chancellor in the UK).

I voted for the current President twice, and voted for Mary Robinson in 1990.  In between, I didn't vote for Mary McAleese.  But I think all three did a very good job in the position.

Doctor FinnBarr
13 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

The President's role here is similar to the Queen's in the UK system.  The President signs bills into law and dissolves or constitutes Parliament at the request of the PM.  Our parliamentary and Cabinet systems are very similar to those in the UK, although the technical rules are slightly different.  We have a PM, known here as the Taoiseach, and 15 Cabinet ministers.  Like the UK system, Cabinet generally runs the show if there's a majority government, and the most powerful Cabinet offices are Taoiseach and Minister for Finance (equivalent to the Chancellor in the UK).

I voted for the current President twice, and voted for Mary Robinson in 1990.  In between, I didn't vote for Mary McAleese.  But I think all three did a very good job in the position.

Ah yes, I remember the Taoiseach name now. Can remember Mary Robinson as well, I always thought she was well tuned in.

6 minutes ago, bikerjambo said:

Ah yes, I remember the Taoiseach name now. Can remember Mary Robinson as well, I always thought she was well tuned in.

The current President, Michael D. Higgins, loves his football, especially his native Galway United FC.

michael-d-higgins-1.png

Doctor FinnBarr
1 minute ago, Ulysses said:

The current President, Michael D. Higgins, loves his football, especially his native Galway United FC.

michael-d-higgins-1.png

Mikey boy knows the colours

8 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Totally understand how you feel. This is a pet hate of mine, drivers not indicating, it really boils my piss.

When I'm at a roundabout, I judge on when I should pull out based on peoples indicators, if my car takes some damage, their fault.

Trying to turn right at my street end roundabout is hellish. As cars turn left without indicators.

So, in revenge, I do the same.

Disclaimer:

I don't really, I just forget.

I am fast approaching dear Philip's age.

He's taking the piss now. Prince driving two days after accident without seatbelt.

Also, the state of this: 

Ms Fairweather, who was a passenger in the Kia car being driven by her friend, told the Sunday Mirror: "I'm lucky to be alive and he hasn't even said sorry.

"It has been such a traumatic and painful time and I would have expected more of the Royal Family," she added.

She said she had not heard from the royal household but had got a call from a police family liaison officer.

"The message he passed on didn't even make sense. He said, 'The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh would like to be remembered to you,'" she said.

13 hours ago, Barack said:

I know. I'm going to go with he was actually on private land at the time though.

Rather than sensationalise it. 2 days after a crash, where he's being investigated as the main cause...I'd hesitate to think he's that thick. And unless there's documented proof of it, it's not really worth the time of day.

Edit: I've just bothered to find out for myself...he actually is that thick. No proof photographically of him, just his car turning into Sandringham. 

Appears that he was spotted turning into the estate, so almost certainly been on public roads... unless he can teleport as well as regenerate. 

The Real Maroonblood
10 minutes ago, Toggie88 said:

He's taking the piss now. Prince driving two days after accident without seatbelt.

Also, the state of this: 

Ms Fairweather, who was a passenger in the Kia car being driven by her friend, told the Sunday Mirror: "I'm lucky to be alive and he hasn't even said sorry.

"It has been such a traumatic and painful time and I would have expected more of the Royal Family," she added.

She said she had not heard from the royal household but had got a call from a police family liaison officer.

"The message he passed on didn't even make sense. He said, 'The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh would like to be remembered to you,'" she said.

The next thing will be “He is getting a bit forgetful.”

13 hours ago, Toggie88 said:

There's also questions around whether or not the Duke ever actually sat any form of driving age. He's of age whereby had you any form of military driving experience, you weren't required to apply for a license when they were introduced. 

Seen this being put forward by the BBC's royal correspondent when it happened. Of course he portrayed it as a reason for feeling sorry for him... 

I said this at the time, he doesn't have a license per se, as far as I am aware, Lizzie doesn't either, although I think she isn't required to have one.

Also, as many of us are aware on private ground is agreat place to learn to drive :D

22 minutes ago, Toggie88 said:

Also, the state of this: 

Where there's blame  ☺

Would love it if she sued the arse of him.

She will need to be quick though?

Ricardo Shillyshally

This incident has been a god send for those who love an anti-royal jizz fest.

It was an accident. They happen every day. Get over it. 

8 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

Bet if it had been you in that crash you would have been 'honoured' to be injured by a member of the RF. ?

Ricardo Shillyshally
Just now, luckydug said:

Bet if it had been you in that crash you would have been 'honoured' to be injured by a member of the RF. ?

Thanks for proving my point

All roads lead to Gorgie
17 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

How many commoners are still driving at his age, very few! They should be subject to the same rules as everyone and as he was clearly to blame he should certainly lose his licence at the very least. He is even out driving again without a seat belt, you couldn't make it up! 

Ricardo Shillyshally
2 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

How many commoners are still driving at his age, very few! They should be subject to the same rules as everyone and as he was clearly to blame he should certainly lose his licence at the very least. He is even out driving again without a seat belt, you couldn't make it up! 

Clearly he should be wearing a seatbelt, but why should he lose his licence? Having an accident doesn't carry an automatic ban.

38 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

In comparison to every other day - which is a pro-royal jizz fest from those determined to retain a ridiculous medieval institution - I would agree with you. 

I don't believe there should be a monarchy in this day and age, in this country for a variety of reasons but I genuinely try and separate my disdain for the institution and the Royals as individual people - they are people who were just born into after all. I agree that accidents happen, but to be seen driving around two days after the event without a seatbelt in a brand new car (which cost probably more than the annual salary of those in the Kia) shows a little lack of respect in my opinion. Couple that with the fact they've apparently not been in touch with those in the Kia (except an 'odd' message delivered by a Police Liaison Officer) it doesn't come across well? 

Don't get me wrong, part of me admires his determination to continue doing what he believes he's able to do. If I was in his shoes - 97 years old, effective immunity from the law and a desire to have a little 'freedom', - then I don't know what I'd do... However, it's ****ing ridiculous that anyone can get to that situation. The Royal Family are just people, their not chosen by god or have a divine right, they're not special - just happen to be descendants of someone who once upon a time had a bigger sword than anyone else. 

Edited by Toggie88

2 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

Clearly he should be wearing a seatbelt, but why should he lose his licence? Having an accident doesn't carry an automatic ban.

As discussed earlier, it is believed he doesn't have a license (due to the fact he drove in the military before licenses were introduced). 

So I don't think he would have had to resit once he turned 70 and likely has never had any formal test ever. 

Ricardo Shillyshally
Just now, Toggie88 said:

As discussed earlier, it is believed he doesn't have a license (due to the fact he drove in the military before licenses were introduced). 

So I don't think he would have had to resit once he turned 70 and likely has never had any formal test ever. 

I know. I mentioned him losing his licence in reply to a post saying he should lose his licence. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

When a vehicle lands on its side I think that makes it quite a serious incident in my book and it was clearly the dukes fault. A case for dangerous driving could have been raised and might it well have been taken up in other circumstances. I don't put the royals forward as special cases like a few others appear to do though. 

Ricardo Shillyshally
2 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

When a vehicle lands on its side I think that makes it quite a serious incident in my book and it was clearly the dukes fault. A case for dangerous driving could have been raised and might it well have been taken up in other circumstances. I don't put the royals forward as special cases like a few others appear to do though. 

If anything it's more likely to be careless driving than dangerous driving, but let's face it no-one one here witnessed the incident or is privy to tne full details.

2 hours ago, Toggie88 said:

Appears that he was spotted turning into the estate, so almost certainly been on public roads... unless he can teleport as well as regenerate. 

The fact he didn’t even bother to try and stay under the radar for a while just makes things even more annoying. He cares that little. Right back out there scooting around in his replacement car with no seatbelt like he’s trolling the people he injured. What a dick.

7 hours ago, superjack said:

Totally understand how you feel. This is a pet hate of mine, drivers not indicating, it really boils my piss.

When I'm at a roundabout, I judge on when I should pull out based on peoples indicators, if my car takes some damage, their fault.

I'd be very careful on that appaoch that it wouldn't be deemed your fault.

MIght be smilar to running in to the back of someone, reversing from a minor on to a main road, unless alcohol is involved then,  irrespective of who you might think is at fault, there is a common standard.

As annoying as it is folk not using them, they are an indication of purpose.

Francis Albert
48 minutes ago, Toggie88 said:

I don't think you have to resit at 70 just confirm that your eyesight is OK and have no other medical impairment to driving.

Seems to me given the deteriorating standards of driving you can observe every day (eg the protocols for approaching and using a roundabout, and for turmig right at traffic lights, seem lost on a large proportion of drivers) for everyone to have to resit the test every say 10 years. After all your car, despite huge improvements in durability and build quality since the MOT was introduced, still requires an  MOT every 3 years. Yet driver error is a much bigger factor in accidents, road deaths and injuries than vehicle defects or malfunction.

11 hours ago, bikerjambo said:

Mikey boy knows the colours

As does a chum of mine who often sports a Galway shirt  - you might even have met him at a SD Rally?

Favours the green bike though.

3 hours ago, Toggie88 said:

Also, the state of this: 

Decent point. 

13 hours ago, Ulysses said:

michael-d-higgins-1.png

I had the pleasure of meeting him a couple of years ago. Very charming man.

In my twelve years with the Edinburgh City Police I never once asked an individual for a driving licence who responded that he did not need one as he was  or had been a military driver. I do not recall anything in the Road Traffic Act that offered exemption from having a drivers licence because of military driving experience. There could have been at one time proof of a military licence giving a dispensation from a test, but none of the other.

Is there not something giving the Queen protection from what are actually Her Majestys Courts. This would it not mean that it would be a bit ludicrous to process her in something over which she has complete control. This would possibly also impact the relationship with her spouse and the Courts.

Doctor FinnBarr
11 hours ago, Boof said:

As does a chum of mine who often sports a Galway shirt  - you might even have met him at a SD Rally?

Favours the green bike though.

The colour scheme is why I've never owned a Kwak mate

20 minutes ago, bikerjambo said:

The colour scheme is why I've never owned a Kwak mate

I'd happily have one - just not a green one. Gary's a Jambo anaw to make the choice curiouser from my point o view.

Ricardo Shillyshally
7 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Obviously waiting until he kills somebody before banning him from the road. Sensible.

Obviously. 

Stephane Grappelli
On 19/01/2019 at 19:34, Toggie88 said:

Agreed.  She was horrendously sycophantic.

On 20/01/2019 at 13:51, bobsharp said:

In my twelve years with the Edinburgh City Police I never once asked an individual for a driving licence who responded that he did not need one as he was  or had been a military driver. I do not recall anything in the Road Traffic Act that offered exemption from having a drivers licence because of military driving experience. There could have been at one time proof of a military licence giving a dispensation from a test, but none of the other.

Is there not something giving the Queen protection from what are actually Her Majestys Courts. This would it not mean that it would be a bit ludicrous to process her in something over which she has complete control. This would possibly also impact the relationship with her spouse and the Courts.

Yes, Lizzie cannot taken to court. She is the court so would be charging herself in effect.

Phil the Greek on the other hand is fair game but I get your point.