Prince Philip

Shanks said no

On 17/01/2019 at 19:31, CJGJ said:

Why has he been allowed to drive at all ?

He's been seriously ill for a few years yet some quack scared to tell him to stop driving has put others at risk of death

I  hope the other party sues him for all he's worth

Exactly. If he really gave a shit he'd return his licence to the DVLA 

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Real Maroonblood

• Shanks said no

• whodanny

• Toggie88

7 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Exactly. If he really gave a shit he'd return his licence to the DVLA 

The problem is that they are, literally, better than us.

Sure he sees the law as a minor inconvenience that is in place to keep the rest of us in our rightful lowly positions.

The police are there to protect him from us, not the other way around

2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

That Witchell nyaff is a right smarmy wee twat.

Royal reaming runt.

He gives me the irrational rage.

I heard he sings GStQ before breakfast every morning.

If it looks and talks like a weasel, it probably is...

The Real Maroonblood
50 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

:laugh:

Dagger Is Back
22 hours ago, bikerjambo said:

The colour scheme is why I've never owned a Kwak mate

I had a burgundy Z1000 Ltd. Dogs danglies it was

5 hours ago, tokyowalnut said:

tbf, there are probably Rangers supporters who do the same.  :biggrin:

6 hours ago, tokyowalnut said:

He was on yesterday saying

"I'm sure the message from the Police has been a reminder of road traffic laws regarding wearing a seatbelt, but more importantly they would've told him the importance of 'being seen to be following the law'." 

Found it totally unbelievable - feels like we're literally centuries behind other western democracies at times. 

As has been pointed out earlier, can you imagine if a footballer or celeb had done this and then proceeded to act the way he has? There'd be an outcry from every media outlet in the country - with the Daily Mail undoubtedly leading the lynch mob. 

It be true regardless of the person as well. 

Edited by Toggie88

17 minutes ago, Toggie88 said:

He was on yesterday saying

"I'm sure the message from the Police has been a reminder of road traffic laws regarding wearing a seatbelt, but more importantly they would've told him the importance of 'being seen to be following the law'." 

Found it totally unbelievable - feels like we're literally centuries behind other western democracies at times. 

As has been pointed out earlier, can you imagine if a footballer or celeb had done this and then proceeded to act the way he has? There'd be an outcry from every media outlet in the country - with the Daily Mail undoubtedly leading the lynch mob. 

It be true regardless of the person as well. 

Haha a reminder of the law? You or I would be, quite rightly, fined on the spot! 

The Royals don't really bother me, but this really hacks me off that he appears to get away with not wearing a seatbelt.

The crash was an accident, these things happen. 

On ‎20‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 08:45, Toggie88 said:

He's taking the piss now. Prince driving two days after accident without seatbelt.

Also, the state of this: 

Ms Fairweather, who was a passenger in the Kia car being driven by her friend, told the Sunday Mirror: "I'm lucky to be alive and he hasn't even said sorry.

"It has been such a traumatic and painful time and I would have expected more of the Royal Family," she added.

She said she had not heard from the royal household but had got a call from a police family liaison officer.

"The message he passed on didn't even make sense. He said, 'The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh would like to be remembered to you,'" she said.

Now, i'm probably what you'd call 'anti-royal' if anything. I've no time for that family at all.

BUT....... I sat and listened to this Fairweather woman on This Morning yesterday and it was unreal. What a cretinous little human being. Not even the fecking driver of the car and on whimpering about how nobody's given her any support in the aftermath of the crash and how the DoE didn't come and personally tend to her or ask her if she was ok.

'I'm not saying that Prince Philip is a liar..... but....'

'Nobody gave me a proper medical examination other than my arm. Im concerned I have other injuries which haven't been addressed'

'I haven't been provided with any support'

'I haven't been given any insurance details from either the DoE. And my friend who was driving has only given me her details tomorrow in a very formally worded email from her husband'

Sat listening to her and I could pretty much make out the £ signs in her eyes.

Regardless of my opinions on the royals, its vile wee creatures like this who seek to turn something bad in to a windfall for themselves which piss me off something rotten.

I P Knightley
2 hours ago, Erik said:

Now, i'm probably what you'd call 'anti-royal' if anything. I've no time for that family at all.

BUT....... I sat and listened to this Fairweather woman on This Morning yesterday and it was unreal. What a cretinous little human being. Not even the fecking driver of the car and on whimpering about how nobody's given her any support in the aftermath of the crash and how the DoE didn't come and personally tend to her or ask her if she was ok.

'Nobody gave me a proper medical examination other than my arm. Im concerned I have other injuries which haven't been addressed'

'I haven't been given any insurance details from either the DoE. And my friend who was driving has only given me her details tomorrow in a very formally worded email from her husband'

Regardless of my opinions on the royals, its vile wee creatures like this who seek to turn something bad in to a windfall for themselves which piss me off something rotten.

Same.

There's a point to be made but she's bypassing it to get herself some notoriety and money.

The royal household people should not have gone to the press saying that the Dook had contacted the wifie asking after her. They knew it wasn't true and they also know that, in the modern world, 'commoners' will do whatever for their 15 minutes and, maybe, a stint on Celebrity Big Brother.

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, Erik said:

Someone trying to get money out of these parasites.

Disgusting.

2 hours ago, Erik said:

Again, I'm pretty indifferent when it comes to the Royals, but this woman going after money and 15 minutes of fame really boils my urine. Why would the Royals have to apologise to her? She wasn't the driver. It was an accident, it happens. 

She didn't make any reference to how the driver and baby were. She was also asked if the driver was doing 50 and she said yes. How many of us when we are passengers are watching the Speedo? She sat and cradled her arm as if it was going to drop off and looking like she was close to tears. Get a grip you cretinois woman.

I bet she never expected the backlash against her. 

44 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Someone trying to get money out of these parasites.

Disgusting.

Whether or not the royals are parasites or not isn't the point here.

I think something like 68 people are seriously injured on the roads in Britain each and every day - with 5 deaths to go with that.

Quite why this woman expects she should be getting any extra special treatment or support in her case due to who her accident happened to involve is beyond me.

Rather than spending her time dealing with insurance companies or getting herself checked out at a doctor or hospital if shes that concerned about her 'other injuries' - which you can just about guarantee will be whiplash, shes in the papers and on the telly telling everyone how hard done to she is.

Like I say, I've no time for the royal family - but I've even less time for people like this.

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, Erik said:

Whether or not the royals are parasites or not isn't the point here.

I think something like 68 people are seriously injured on the roads in Britain each and every day - with 5 deaths to go with that.

Quite why this woman expects she should be getting any extra special treatment or support in her case due to who her accident happened to involve is beyond me.

Rather than spending her time dealing with insurance companies or getting herself checked out at a doctor or hospital if shes that concerned about her 'other injuries' - which you can just about guarantee will be whiplash, shes in the papers and on the telly telling everyone how hard done to she is.

Like I say, I've no time for the royal family - but I've even less time for people like this.

Fair enough. 

On 21/01/2019 at 16:06, tokyowalnut said:

So he should, it's been a great meal ticket for him.

Was it him a good while ago at a photo shoot when William and Harry were in their teens. 

Charles could be heard muttering about him.

4 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Was it him a good while ago at a photo shoot when William and Harry were in their teens. 

Yep, called him “awful”. 

20 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

My source, who is close to Buckingham Palace, says they can't stand him.

23 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

it was at a ski trip in 2005 and he said

Bloody people. I can't bear that man. He's so awful, he really is.

4 hours ago, tokyowalnut said:

My source, who is close to Buckingham Palace, says they can't stand him.

I was in a pub in Barbados a few years ago and met a couple of dozen crewmen from the Royal Yacht "Britannia" which was on a courtesy visit.  After a few beers, the stories about the royal family began to flow.

In summary, they loved the Queen, but despised Margaret and Philip.  They said that the sense of entitlement from those two was disgusting.

On 19/01/2019 at 23:14, Ulysses said:

The President's role here is similar to the Queen's in the UK system.  The President signs bills into law and dissolves or constitutes Parliament at the request of the PM.  Our parliamentary and Cabinet systems are very similar to those in the UK, although the technical rules are slightly different.  We have a PM, known here as the Taoiseach, and 15 Cabinet ministers.  Like the UK system, Cabinet generally runs the show if there's a majority government, and the most powerful Cabinet offices are Taoiseach and Minister for Finance (equivalent to the Chancellor in the UK).

I voted for the current President twice, and voted for Mary Robinson in 1990.  In between, I didn't vote for Mary McAleese.  But I think all three did a very good job in the position.

Didn’t fancy President Dana then?

At least the Irish had the sense not to vote for her.  You can bet your boots we would have President Britain’s-got-the-celebrity-big-X-factor-brother-in-the-jungle-on-ice McPresidenty-face.

Or President Farage.

Hurrah!

• 3 weeks later...
Shanks said no

Correct decision made by the CPS. He said he was sorry and voluntarily gave up his license, taking him to court would merely have created a media circus and achieved nothing.

arise Sir Paul Staff

All roads lead to Gorgie
4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

The monarchy is safe. 

And so is everyone else on the road now. ?