Scottish FA hosts Perth summit today

7628mm

Scottish FA hosts Perth summit with referees and managers

Not seen a thread on this so here we go.

What do we feel will be the outcome?

For me the most interesting quote from the Aunty page is as follows

Referee John McKendrick told BBC Scotland earlier this month: "It is a coming together of people interested in football to think about what we have to do to make it better."

No shit Sherlock.

personally feel that it will just be bluff and bluster from the SFA side and will yet again cause more confusion and ambiguity than we already have.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46902736

Wouldn’t get too got up in the hype or the media banner headlines about summit meetings etc.

The only refs attending are Dallas & Clancy. 

avhudtheteeshirt

It will be the usual prattle from the SFA about the poor referees being made scapegoats for a teams bad performance!!!

Stevie Clarke want full time referees first before VAR, but if you look at the referees job titles, you would be looking at £50-75,000 a year each???

To me that is unsustainable, some of the players they would be refereeing would be on less than half that amount!!!

To my way of thinking, it will be status quo, as the SFA are broke after buying the white elephant that is Hampden!!!!

13 minutes ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

It will be the usual prattle from the SFA about the poor referees being made scapegoats for a teams bad performance!!!

Stevie Clarke want full time referees first before VAR, but if you look at the referees job titles, you would be looking at £50-75,000 a year each???

To me that is unsustainable, some of the players they would be refereeing would be on less than half that amount!!!

To my way of thinking, it will be status quo, as the SFA are broke after buying the white elephant that is Hampden!!!!

Part time refs having another job, fitness maybe not quite being at the absolute best etc. Full time will let them go all in on the game. It is a problem that some of our current crop of refs are corrupt, this won't solve it overnight but right now they get something like £1k a game, no sick pay etc.

Would help if Dungcaster could sell our game better to TV.

I expect arrogant talking tos and no progress from the clubs’ side, other than for Celtic to get pandered to. SFA wanks.

Surely Brendan Rodgers will be telling them all how the game should be played and how that will make everything fine.... the patronising prick that he is, meanwhile StevieGerrardsRangers will be asking the big bad refs to protect the gimp Morelos a bit more, Lennon will be doing aeroplane impressions round the table until Craig Levein throws a sausage roll at him at which point the ginger one will collapse in a heap holding his face! McInnes will call Craig and Lennon childish and Steve Clarke will just sigh and look really depressed. The other 3 Irishmen will just discuss something else entirely and the meeting will end and be declared a huge success by the SFA!

Seymour M Hersh
17 minutes ago, Victorian said:

You can absolutely bank on rancid wanks like McInnes and Wright having sooked the SFA boaby to the MAX+++.

I take it you didn't see orange pus Mcinnis on the news. ****ing crawling tart.

20 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Oops, looks like someone forgot to invite Killie on the original invite list...

These twats couldn’t organise a drink in brewery. And they run Scottish Football ?

1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I take it you didn't see orange pus Mcinnis on the news. ****ing crawling tart.

Thankfully not.     He's probably got SFA DNA matting that badger's arse of a beard he's got.     Wankpiece.

7 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Lennon quoted as saying the compliance officer has been “impressive”, funny that. 

Impressive in what way I’d be asking ?

10 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Lennon quoted as saying the compliance officer has been “impressive”, funny that. 

Presumably explained to Lennon and Gerrard why they can criticise referees and avoid bans. 

Well the introduction of VAR is bound clear up all the big errors being made to the benefit of the uglies................not.

This will in no way sort out the likes of Morelos and other similar issues.

The fact we've got that odious little prick Lennon coming out and saying, in all seriousness, that the compliance officer has been 'impressive' tells you all you need to know.

Expect nothing to change in the bigger picture - with or without VAR.

How do we all feel about VAR? Meh is what I say. Good to have in football I guess, but how much will it really change Scottish football?

My big concern is, will it be all top flight games, or just televised ones? Because, as we all know, it's mostly just Celtic and Rangers games on TV. See where I'm going with this?

That, and I'm not sure the refs in this country would even know half of the rules to make the right decision even if it's plain for all to see on a monitor.

Who's going to be the officials sat in a room watching on the screens, Iain Brines and Hugh Dallas? Sign me ****ing up.

The Treasurer
4 minutes ago, Locky said:

How do we all feel about VAR? Meh is what I say. Good to have in football I guess, but how much will it really change Scottish football?

My big concern is, will it be all top flight games, or just televised ones? Because, as we all know, it's mostly just Celtic and Rangers games on TV. See where I'm going with this?

That, and I'm not sure the refs in this country would even know half of the rules to make the right decision even if it's plain for all to see on a monitor.

Who's going to be the officials sat in a room watching on the screens, Iain Brines and Hugh Dallas? Sign me ****ing up.

Your last sentence highlights the fact than bringing in VAR will change nothing.

The big decisions will still be made by the same OF lapdogs, only it will be 4 of them instead of 1, but the outcome will be the same

Darth Sidious

Was Craig Levein even there?  From the BBC sounds like it was three referees, Lennon, Rodgers and Gerrard.  No quotes from any other manager.

1 hour ago, Darth Sidious said:

Was Craig Levein even there?  From the BBC sounds like it was three referees, Lennon, Rodgers and Gerrard.  No quotes from any other manager.

Along with our lack of public comment regarding Levein’s punishment for pointing out incompetence/cheating, I am getting more and more convinced that we are up to something in the background.

14 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

I expect arrogant talking tos and no progress from the clubs’ side, other than for Celtic to get pandered to. SFA wanks.

even our fans have trouble with sectarianism and this crucify's football in Scotland.

when morelos and sevco have been getting away with everything all season to the detriment of everyone including celtic very recently, how can we ever change anything when we substitute facts for dislikes.

it's sevco that have caused havoc from that 1st game against Aberdeen, "refs have it in for us" morelos red rescinded, end of game for the rules being meaningful.

nothing to do with the SFA pandering to Celtic in any way. there's an agenda involving the SFA and sevco to get them to the top by hook or by crook

Edited by reaths17

47 minutes ago, reaths17 said:

there's an agenda involving the SFA and sevco to get them to the top by hook or by crook

I can easily understand why you came to that conclusion, based solely on theory and paranoia.

However, when you analyse the facts, there is nothing to back it up. The SFA (and the SPFL) is the clubs.

Here's a link to the current SFA board members: https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-fa/organisation/strategy-structure/who-we-are/board-committees/

Apart from Stewart Robertson being on the PGB, would you like to point out who the alleged 'Sevcophants' are who are capable of swaying every decision the way of the new Ibrox club? Who are the masons, the Orange Order members, the secret Ibrox season-ticket holders hidden amongst the ordinary board members of random clubs? Why would an office bearer from Hearts or Aberdeen or Falkirk or Raith Rovers (or any other club) want "to get them to the top by hook or by crook"?

Now referees - that's a whole different ball game!

Edited by newbie
grammar

3 minutes ago, newbie said:

I can easily understand why you came to that conclusion, based solely on theory and paranoia.

However, when you analyse the facts, there is nothing to back it up. The SFA (and the SPFL) is the clubs.

Here's a link to the current SFA board members: https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-fa/organisation/strategy-structure/who-we-are/board-committees/

Apart from Stewart Robertson being on the PGB, would you like to point out who the alleged 'Sevcophants' are who are capable of swaying every decision the way of the new Ibrox club? Who are the masons, the Orange Order members, the secret Ibrox season-ticket holders hidden amongst the ordinary board members of random clubs? Why would an office bearer from Hearts or Aberdeen or Falkirk or Raith Rovers (or any other club) want "to get them to the top by hook or by crook"?

SNIFF SNIFF but not of the usual Hibernian type but I suggest a plant. 

1 hour ago, reaths17 said:

even our fans have trouble with sectarianism and this crucify's football in Scotland.

when morelos and sevco have been getting away with everything all season to the detriment of everyone including celtic very recently, how can we ever change anything when we substitute facts for dislikes.

it's sevco that have caused havoc from that 1st game against Aberdeen, "refs have it in for us" morelos red rescinded, end of game for the rules being meaningful.

nothing to do with the SFA pandering to Celtic in any way. there's an agenda involving the SFA and sevco to get them to the top by hook or by crook

Celtic got a raw deal in one game and complained about it = Summit.

Hearts get Shafted in four games and complain about it = Two game suspension.

Don’t start making out I hold sectarian views or favour Sevco over Celtic, you are barking up the wrong tree there. I detest them both equally. What I am saying however is; Celtic have gret and whined about it and because of this they will be placated. The result of this summit will be more decisions going Celtic’s way, by means of ‘evening things out’. We will continue to get shafted.

Peter Lawwel will have his way, and if the SFA do not appease him, someone will go the same way as Regan.

Celtic get as much going their way as Sevco throughout the season. To lump them in beside us as victims of an unfair system is both naive and counterproductive.

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

1 hour ago, newbie said:

why is it that the majority clubs voted for celtic and sevco to keep their veto on all subjects pertaining to Scottish football when this is detrimental to all clubs  totally un democratic and offering them an unfair advantage ?

I would suggest that most clubs are run by a supporter or someone linked to either one such is their wide spread influence

55 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Don’t start making out I hold sectarian views or favour Sevco over Celtic, you are barking up the wrong tree there. I detest them both equally. What I am saying however is; Celtic have gret and whined about it and because of this they will be placated. The result of this summit will be more decisions going Celtic’s way, by means of ‘evening things out’. We will continue to get shafted.

Peter Lawwel will have his way, and if the SFA do not appease him, someone will go the same way as Regan.

Celtic get as much going their way as Sevco throughout the season. To lump them in beside us as victims of an unfair system is both naive and counterproductive.

you specifically said celtic......not the old firm, even when the worst  and biggest instigator in the war on how the rules are applied was the other one.

there's no disputing they both get preferential treatment but the problems were having this season, the ones responsibe for the refs/fans complaints have mostly involved sevco and started with morelos getting off with a blatant offence in the very 1st game.

on this season, the team causing the strife is specifically SEVCO.

4 hours ago, Darth Sidious said:

Yes he was...SNS have a gallery of pictures...

1 hour ago, reaths17 said:

you specifically said celtic......not the old firm, even when the worst  and biggest instigator in the war on how the rules are applied was the other one.

there's no disputing they both get preferential treatment but the problems were having this season, the ones responsibe for the refs/fans complaints have mostly involved sevco and started with morelos getting off with a blatant offence in the very 1st game.

on this season, the team causing the strife is specifically SEVCO.

The post that you replied to just there explains my position. My first post was predicting that Celtic will come out of this getting more opportunities to have things evened up for them. The rest of us will not.

It doesn’t matter if Sevco and Celtic are benefitting from unfair refereeing, but Sevco slightly more this season. The acceptable solution is not to have Celtic brought back up to receive the same level of leniency, it is for all teams to receive the same treatment. 

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

2 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Simples!!!  

Of course, there's no corruption in the SFA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This isn't referees we're talking about, it's the governing body.

Where is the coverage of that simple fact in the media?

Edited by colinmaroon

15 hours ago, gjcc said:

Presumably she backed down after his assistant threatened her with a chib?

1 hour ago, itsnomarooned said:

Will this technology be able to spot the precise moment Beaton enters his local Lodge?

The sash my VARther wore!

Would probably be easier/quicker to spot the precise moment Collum enters the chapel.

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, reaths17 said:

why is it that the majority clubs voted for celtic and sevco to keep their veto on all subjects pertaining to Scottish football when this is detrimental to all clubs  totally un democratic and offering them an unfair advantage ?

I would suggest that most clubs are run by a supporter or someone linked to either one such is their wide spread influence

More likely most clubs are run by people with little or no ambition that are quite happy for things to remain the same, surviving off scraps from the OF table.

They are scared to rock the boat in case those scraps are taken away from them

17 hours ago, 7628mm said:

Well the introduction of VAR is bound clear up all the big errors being made to the benefit of the uglies................not.

This will in no way sort out the likes of Morelos and other similar issues.

The major obstacle to a consistent approach is the inability for referees and the compliance officer to treat both Rangers and Celtic the same as everyone else .This is the major issue which, at this summit, will not be seriously addressed. Anything else is just a poor attempt at trying to give the illusion of a level playing field.

Edited by Riccarton3

9 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

The major obstacle to a consistent approach is the inability for referees and the compliance officer to treat both Rangers and Celtic the same as everyone else .This is the major issue which, at this summit, will not be seriously addressed. Anything else is just a poor attempt at trying to give the illusion of a level playing field.

Nailed it. I don’t understand how people can’t see this. Celtic want an even playing field... with Sevco. They want their club to receive the same leniency as Sevco, but more than any other club. That is why it pisses me off that they were allowed to hijack this and make it look as though they are victims of the same shite system as we are. They simply are not.

16 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Nailed it. I don’t understand how people can’t see this. Celtic want an even playing field... with Sevco. They want their club to receive the same leniency as Sevco, but more than any other club. That is why it pisses me off that they were allowed to hijack this and make it look as though they are victims of the same shite system as we are. They simply are not.

Our referees are biased in their decision making in favour of two clubs. And not because they are fans. It doesn't matter if they are Celtic or Rangers supporters. It's simply ingrained in the scottish culture over decades (basically a cancer) You can't cure that without the use of foreign referees. I know that men like Kenny Clark can't acknowledge the game is a sham having worked in it for years - have  you noticed how the Old Firm are refereed in Europe, Kenny? - but he could give us a break from his withering assessments that imply paranoia. THIS IS SCOTTISH FOOTBALL - corrupt to the core.

2 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Our referees are biased in their decision making in favour of two clubs. And not because they are fans. It doesn't matter if they are Celtic or Rangers supporters. It's simply ingrained in the scottish culture over decades (basically a cancer) You can't cure that without the use of foreign referees. I know that men like Kenny Clark can't acknowledge the game is a sham having worked in it for years - have  you noticed how the Old Firm are refereed in Europe, Kenny? - but he could give us a break from his withering assessments that imply paranoia. THIS IS SCOTTISH FOOTBALL - corrupt to the core.

Yep. The annoying thing is, too many people think it’s either a Sevco issue or a Celtic issue. It’s not, the problem is the way both clubs are protected and mollycoddled by a governing body that has become a dog that they, the tail, wag away with to their hearts’ content.

9 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

I think it is partly because they are fans. I think subconscious bias must play a part, no different to journalists who claim to be unbiased when it comes to the independence debate, or football reporters for that matter, but it seeps through in their writing no matter how hard they try to hide it. Hiring professional refs from England who don't live anywhere near Glasgow and never have would be my preference.

Edited by Guest

the sad truth is if all the corruption was uncovered at the SFA going back over the decades, you'd get a response along these lines:

Well, what did you really expect? There were only ever two teams that could take the game to a certain level in Scotland. We were trying to help the game

Edited by Riccarton3

22 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Only 3 refs bothered to attend? So not really a summit at all then.

Perhaps they couldn’t all get time off from their real jobs? Highlights a current problem in the game perfectly...

10 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Perhaps they couldn’t all get time off from their real jobs? Highlights a current problem in the game perfectly...

And the inability of the SFA to organise anything. They really couldn't have scheduled the meeting for an evening or weekend?

15 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Well, what did you really expect? There were only ever two teams that could take the game to a certain level in Scotland. We were trying to help the game

That is precisely what every OF supporting in our tin-pot organisation believes to their very core.

”Glasgow must remain the heart of Scottish football’...

:facepalm:

7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

And the inability of the SFA to organise anything. They really couldn't have scheduled the meeting for an evening or weekend?

Sundays during the transfer window are reserved for Celtic's last minute signings