City Bypass Closed

graygo

Sexton Hardcastle

Keeping an eye on the traffic cams and other parts of the bypass seem not so bad as it approaches peak rush hour. 

It's usually a shambles around that area and dobbies etc on a good day so must be carnage today.

Complete guess by me but there was an attempted robbery at Bilston about an hour before someone spotted the body. Are these incidents linked? 

35 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Complete guess by me but there was an attempted robbery at Bilston about an hour before someone spotted the body. Are these incidents linked? 

Bilston incident was Wednesday morning

Biggest thing for me is what was he doing crossing the bypass ? The story seems to be a muller van has hit him but the driver thought it was a deer so carried on....

definately not hanging together ether the story here

53 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

Biggest thing for me is what was he doing crossing the bypass ? The story seems to be a muller van has hit him but the driver thought it was a deer so carried on....

It's a fair assumption to think it was a deer. You don't expect to see people on the bypass. The driver must be shitting it the now.

1 hour ago, Hood09 said:

Possibly hit him several hours before he was found.  God knows how many cars went past afterwards - myself included - and never noticed anything  

Surely you see a person in your headlights?

I assumed the individual was walking along the bylass fkr whatever reason, perhaps drunk. Fell asleep or passed out and died from the cold.

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Hood09 said:

That just doesn’t sit well with me whatsoever. If you are paying attention, you might not be able to react and avoid him, but you should know what you’ve hit. If you didn’t though, why wouldn’t you stop and report it?

26 minutes ago, southcap said:

So the van was from Bilston and the deceased was from Bilston. Not a well populated area.

Coincidence?

Probably not

Bilston Glen is a large industrial estate with many different businesses

Bilston is a grubby wee village

42 minutes ago, Fun Boaby said:

Probably not

Bilston Glen is a large industrial estate with many different businesses

Bilston is a grubby wee village

They've built some new posh houses there now.  Not so "grubby."

1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

I assumed the individual was walking along the bylass fkr whatever reason, perhaps drunk. Fell asleep or passed out and died from the cold.

The van has been reported as having extensive damage. I doubt hitting someone lying down would cause that.

The police are asking for any dash-cam footage from between 12-2am. I guess that's when they've estimated the time of death.

3 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

The van has been reported as having extensive damage. I doubt hitting someone lying down would cause that.

The police are asking for any dash-cam footage from between 12-2am. I guess that's when they've estimated the time of death.

CCTV from the roundabout probs caught him walking nearby between those times

7 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

I seen a boy walking up the dual carageway at new year and never seen him until he was close enough to give me a fright, if your using dipped headlights and they are wearing dark clothes then you have seconds to react. If the driver was at the end of his shift then chances are he was probably not paying as much attention as he should but who expects someone to walk up a  central reservation.

13 hours ago, Herbert said:

I seen a boy walking up the dual carageway at new year and never seen him until he was close enough to give me a fright, if your using dipped headlights and they are wearing dark clothes then you have seconds to react. If the driver was at the end of his shift then chances are he was probably not paying as much attention as he should but who expects someone to walk up a  central reservation.

I wasn't suggesting the van driver would be able to react to avoid him. The point i was making was making was that you would think by the time he did see the guy, he would have realised it was a lerson and nit a deer.

The impact would have presumably been sizeable enough for you tonstop and question it at least?

21 hours ago, southcap said:

So the van was from Bilston and the deceased was from Bilston. Not a well populated area.

Coincidence?

I went to school with the boy , he was actually from Penicuik .

Sexton Hardcastle

Another day, another crash. Back to back ones at Calder/Baberton today and yesterday. Can people not drive properly or is it no longer fit for purpose? I think it’s a bit of both. The state of some drivers chopping lanes every 15 seconds is just shite.

18 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Another day, another crash. Back to back ones at Calder/Baberton today and yesterday. Can people not drive properly or is it no longer fit for purpose? I think it’s a bit of both. The state of some drivers chopping lanes every 15 seconds is just shite.

Think your last sentence is the reason for accidents, not enough hours in the day for some folk these days.

2 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Yup. Anything to get another cars length further ahead in the queue. Wankers.

19 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Yup. Anything to get another cars length further ahead in the queue. Wankers.

I don’t know how anyone can be bothered doing it. Much rather sit on early morning autopilot at a steady pace than nipping in and out between lanes. 

sonwasamascot
2 hours ago, Cheile said:

heavy congestion in Barnton/Cramond area, roadworks or accident?

2 different sets of roadworks on Cramond Road North / South.

8 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

on the M6 yesterday the weather was poor and very heavy traffic, this boy in a focus was wildly weaving between all lanes. He was doing it IMO quite dangerously. I sat in the lane i was in and every few minutes i would catch up with him and at times go past him.

The roads need widened for to fit in a idiot lane. I nearly went up the back of someone just after the bridge yesterday because they decided to sit at 30 going round a bend straight into a face full of sunlight. Traveling that slow on the motorway should be treated the same as speeding. 

And those people who are happy to sit behind a lorry or bus when the road is clear  but when there is a few cars coming up they decide to overtake 1mph faster than the lorry are infuriating. Kia picanto and fiat drivers are the main culprits.

13 hours ago, Herbert said:

The roads need widened for to fit in a idiot lane. I nearly went up the back of someone just after the bridge yesterday because they decided to sit at 30 going round a bend straight into a face full of sunlight. Traveling that slow on the motorway should be treated the same as speeding

And those people who are happy to sit behind a lorry or bus when the road is clear  but when there is a few cars coming up they decide to overtake 1mph faster than the lorry are infuriating. Kia picanto and fiat drivers are the main culprits.

It is. If the Police catch you it's a fine and penalty points. 

On 23/01/2019 at 22:43, graygo said:

Fckin bypass shut at Lothianburn tonight due to roadworks, what a pain in the arse that was after the game.  :seething:

This caught me out aswell after the match

Sexton Hardcastle

Usual drill this morning. Get on at Lothian burn and then sit still for 5/10 minutes. All of a sudden it clears and driving 50 plus.

Don’t remember any significant changes or investment in the thing for years. If they go ahead and change sheriffhall that will be a mess for months and months.

3 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Usual drill this morning. Get on at Lothian burn and then sit still for 5/10 minutes. All of a sudden it clears and driving 50 plus.

Don’t remember any significant changes or investment in the thing for years. If they go ahead and change sheriffhall that will be a mess for months and months.

Remember coming back from whitby a few years back and a great 200 mile drive with no hold ups until i came to the sheriffhall,

was not a surprise though. 

When working in liberton for 15 years , i used the road every day, always a breakdown or accident to slow you down to a crawl, or stop .

Should have been 3 lanes from the start, no forward vision from the planners.