Demi being tracked by Bournemouth/Burnley

alfamonkey

As it says on the tin. ......

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/17364892.report-links-cherries-with-manchester-uniteds-demetri-mitchell/

As an aside, saw Bournemouth v Huddersfield a few weeks ago, and both teams were poor, however he would probably do well given the amount of time on the ball they get down here/there (I'm in Bournemouth today).

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Previously I thought he could do a job for a team of either of those ilk. Not sure any longer, if he is struggling now to get into our team, this would be a leap of faith

If true this will be classed as blow to Hearts in sections of media,good player on his day clearly wants back down south,let’s all just move on.

Mitchell is struggling with us just now as he's being played in the wrong position.  Whether it's part of his loan agreement that he's played at left back or not, HE IS NEVER A LEFT BACK!!  Not even a wing back.  He has very little defensive skill but he's excellent going forward.  He's useless on the back foot and when someone is running at him but he is excellent running at people with support inside.

rudi must stay

And he'll be a different player for both

13 minutes ago, heartmussel said:

If true this will be classed as blow to Hearts in sections of media,good player on his day clearly wants back down south,let’s all just move on.

Absolutely right ?

Saw this comparison by Modern Fitba on Twitter earlier. Defensive duels won % one of the few that Demi betters him in which I was surprised at! 

Screenshot_20190117-141428_Twitter.jpg

not sure whats happened this time round, but he hasnt had the same impact, so if that means we get another in, then see you later D.M

Not at all convinced he's good enough for the EPL. Almost certain. 

No great loss to Hearts if he does move on. Much prefer when Garuccio is in the team and he is actually ours. 

Having said that I've always been awful at seeing potential, or otherwise, in a player. Five years from now, when Mitchell has a World Cup winners medal in his pocket, has won the balloon-door thingy and is on the verge of a squillion quid move to Real my first paragraph's going to make me look a right twit. :)

He may rediscover himself at another club? It hasn't happened for him upon returning for whatever reason? A real shame as I thought his signing was going to make all the difference in an attacking sense.

59 minutes ago, heartmussel said:

Would more likely by the club be looked at as a boon to attracting even better players on loan  from EPL clubs imo.

Dagger Is Back
27 minutes ago, martoon said:

Not at all convinced he's good enough for the EPL. Almost certain. 

No great loss to Hearts if he does move on. Much prefer when Garuccio is in the team and he is actually ours. 

Having said that I've always been awful at seeing potential, or otherwise, in a player. Five years from now, when Mitchell has a World Cup winners medal in his pocket, has won the balloon-door thingy and is on the verge of a squillion quid move to Real my first paragraph's going to make me look a right twit. :)

I don’t rate him to be honest and agree with you but then you look at Docherty at Wolves....

Short memories, Demi was very good last season for us.

Obviously things haven't went well this season so far, I can't fathom out why and agree he's not a full back as defensively weak.

However, the lad has qualities and will make it down there.

Still unproven. Looked quality last year and has been poor this. Bit of a luxury player and never a left back. Good go either way 

I'd like him for the remainder of the season. His form has dipped but we know he's a good player and may be back on form after the winter break.

Hilarious - clearly the Echo is as on the ball as the EEN in reporting anything involving the local team !

I think Mark Burchill is Chief Scout down here so wouldn't be a surprise at all.  I hear he is trying to expand the youth scouting network in Scotland also.

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

Whatever people think of him, if he STAYS it will leave us short of defensive cover on the left side

FTFY

1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Obviously things haven't went well this season so far, I can't fathom out why and agree he's not a full back as defensively weak.

Correct mate. He still is a very good player 

It's a requirement of the club to make best use of a very good player 

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

Whatever people think of him, if he goes it will leave us short of defensive cover on the left side

Should we not be trying to develop Bobby Burns now he is back with us after doing well with his loan move to Livi.

Demi may well go on to have a very good career but its just not working out for him this time around.

Really wont be too upset when he heads back down South.

5 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

Should we not be trying to develop Bobby Burns now he is back with us after doing well with his loan move to Livi.

Demi may well go on to have a very good career but its just not working out for him this time around.

Really wont be too upset when he heads back down South.

Is that down to him or us? The difference in this guy across both loans is quite material 

Craig Levein stated on Amankwaa leaving that some of it was on the player and some down to him. If players aren't good enough, there's not much you can do (other than don't sign them in first place). When you're not getting the best out of a player it poses questions. Especially one from Man United who performed so well initially 

2 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

He was only with us half a season and spent quite a lot of it injured as I recall. Certainly looked good with the ball at his feet but apart from one goal I can't remember anything particularly outstanding.

2 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

He was only with us half a season and spent quite a lot of it injured as I recall. Certainly looked good with the ball at his feet but apart from one goal I can't remember anything particularly outstanding.

Fair enough but their was much self abuse on here when we got him back this season

Terrible in a back 4 when he has more defensive responsibility. 100x better as a wing back. 

If if we move to a back 3 we will probably see the best of him once again. 

3 hours ago, Waterboy said:

Saw this comparison by Modern Fitba on Twitter earlier. Defensive duels won % one of the few that Demi betters him in which I was surprised at! 

Screenshot_20190117-141428_Twitter.jpg

Not overly surprised by this to be honest. Tierney is pretty overrated and defensively not great at all. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Would be amazed if he managed to get an EPL career. Then again, I thought I'd seen the last of matt Doherty after 19/5/12.

We have him until the end of the season hopefully he will be used as a back up but we need to keep him for cover. After that he can do what he likes. He won’t really be missed which is a huge disappointment as he looked the real deal last season. 

Johnny Sandiego
1 hour ago, Jim Weir said:

Is that down to him or us? The difference in this guy across both loans is quite material 

Craig Levein stated on Amankwaa leaving that some of it was on the player and some down to him. If players aren't good enough, there's not much you can do (other than don't sign them in first place). When you're not getting the best out of a player it poses questions. Especially one from Man United who performed so well initially 

It's down to him. We brought him back after his impressive performances last season and he hasn't hit those heights. 

I would agree with other posters and say his natural position is a winger but he played LB last season and was much better than he has been. Can't blame Levein for this one.

Johnny Sandiego

Wonder if the rumours about contractually having to play him at LB are true, and if so will the change of management at Man U have any impact on that?

If we start playing him further forward with Garrucho behind then we might see more of the player we had last season. His forward runs and crossing would suit the way we play.

Unless there is a significant improvement in him, I can't see him getting a game in any position for us.

We have tried him as full back, wing back and winger this season and he hasn't impressed anywhere.  There is only so much the club can do for him and the rest is up to the player.

Bazzas right boot

Folk saying no chance of playing in the Epl would do well to remember spl vamba and docherty of the 5-1 are playing there. 

He won't be a star player or play regularly for a big team but he could play for someone in the Epl. 

Burnley and Bournemouth are hardly beyond his level, being a left back will help, left footers are far harder to cone by as well. 

I wouldn't miss him if he went but we would need cover out left. 

3 years and counting. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Would be amazed if he managed to get an EPL career. Then again, I thought I'd seen the last of matt Doherty after 19/5/12.

Think folk really over estimate the bottom Epl clubs. 

3 hours ago, Jim Weir said:

So, some of it with Amankwa was down to CL but he didn't say that with Mitchell.

Let's get one thing straight with Mitchell.  He has never performed well in a LB role for us which was why Man U sent him to us and looks quite uncomfortable when on the back foot.  I suspect CL might like to keep him but not in a back four.

Edited by JamboAl

His heart doesn't seem in it this time. Not sure if his confidence has been dented by a few poor performances, costing that goal at ibrox etc. He seemed to almost want to get sent off at pittodrie so he missed a few games. 

Would be interesting to see now he would do in the EPL. 

43 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

So, some of it with Amankwa was down to CL but he didn't say that with Mitchell.

Let's get one thing straight with Mitchell.  He has never performed well in a LB role for us which was why Man U sent him to us and looks quite uncomfortable when on the back foot.  I suspect CL might like to keep him but not in a back four.

OK.  We've got that straight 

way out west jambo

he’s not a left back he’s a winger. We’ve gave him a couple of goes out on the left wing but he’s failed to impress playing there as well. For me, it’s like his heart isn’t in it this season.

I’d like to see Ben get a run of games at LB. 

Edited by way out west jambo

I hope Demi goes to a club where he is actually going to get first team football. Since Huddersfield are going down anyway, that might be a good shout but maybe a lower down club (Sunderland?) might be a good shout.  Lads 22, can't hide away in the reserves forever - Although Scott Allan has pretty much made a career out of it!

Its been a shame how this season has went for him. I'd have liked to have seen him hit form. Hoping the winter break has allowed him to recharge a bit mentally because the talent 100% is there.

Has WENT???

Has GONE!!!

PS When his career goes down the leagues, never mind, he'll be able to blame it all on Craig Levein.

7 hours ago, lsimp77 said:

From what he’s shown this year, he’s nowhere near good enough for the Scottish championship nevermind the Premier League. 

His knock it past the defender and run has ran its course. Been sussed.