Leeds Spygate

JamboGraham

chester copperpot

I don't see a problem with this. If teams are stupid enough to open  the training sessions up to the public then they're fair game in my book.

If their systems etc are so secretive etc they should hold them non public.

Personally I reckon it’s bad chat, like. 

Wouldn't be particularly happy if someone did that to us. Doubt many more on here would be. 

It’s really not the done thing......which is why it’s made so many headlines.

What would we think if Gary Parker moved his sleeping rough spot from Leith Walk to Riccarton in the days leading up to a derby and was caught spying on our training....would it still be a no issue or would be labelled a dirty cheat etc etc etc ?

I think I can guess what the answer is........

Edited by DH1986

21 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

I don't see a problem with this. If teams are stupid enough to open  the training sessions up to the public then they're fair game in my book.

If their systems etc are so secretive etc they should hold them non public.

They're not open sessions. Still nothing against it in the rules though. Bit of a grey area.

Stephen Muddie
25 minutes ago, Paolo said:

If they have broke no rule, or broke no laws, then I don’t see the issue.

I would be happy and comfortable for us to do the same.  

Legality rarely marries with morality...

Cheers 

The FAs darling Frank is feeling the pressure and is now clutching at straws

They are not going up with the current squad and Lampard doesn’t have a plan B when they can’t break a team down 

chester copperpot
18 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

They're not open sessions. Still nothing against it in the rules though. Bit of a grey area.

If they are outside and they let 'fans' watch then yes they are. 

15 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Press conference of all time. 

Absolutely schooled. 

Bielsa quite phenomenal 

Unreal. 

The amount of work Bielsa and his team do is scary.

Stoke have appointed a new manager and he has alresdy watched all of Lutons games this season to see how Nathan Jones sets his team up etc.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
20 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

Unreal. 

The amount of work Bielsa and his team do is scary.

Stoke have appointed a new manager and he has alresdy watched all of Lutons games this season to see how Nathan Jones sets his team up etc.

Specifically my favourite part of that. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

The guy from Leeds was caught with a pair of pliers in his pocket ffs........what sort of message is that sending out ?

I think you should listen to Bielsa. 

The pliers and the criticism seem utterly ridiculous in comparison to the work this man has done. 

Many coaches have just been schooled let alone pundits and the uneducated 

Outstanding work from Bielsa. The detail that he showed in that press conference is just a snippet of what he is all about, can see why the likes of Guariola and Pochettino have idolised him. 

1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Personally I reckon it’s bad chat, like. 

Wouldn't be particularly happy if someone did that to us. Doubt many more on here would be. 

I agree.

but I’d hope we wouldn’t be so naive. 

20 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Not really on topic, but why’s he got a picture of the celebrations of our second goal in 98’ as his header? 

9 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I think you should listen to Bielsa. 

The pliers and the criticism seem utterly ridiculous in comparison to the work this man has done. 

Many coaches have just been schooled let alone pundits and the uneducated 

I’m not questioning his commitment to getting the job done......and his gathering of information is clearly phenomenal. But when you start hiding in bushes to watch training sessions there is something a bit unethical about that.

And that is why this is such a big story.......it’s not something we do in this country.

I have no issue with hours of video analysis etc but a team  should have the right to prepare for a game without having the added distraction of checking the trees for a guy with binoculars.

4 minutes ago, lsimp77 said:

Not really on topic, but why’s he got a picture of the celebrations of our second goal in 98’ as his header? 

Yeah

Phil Hay is Scottish. Not 100% he is Hearts fan but definite symphiser 

Just now, DH1986 said:

I’m not questioning his commitment to getting the job done......and his gathering of information is clearly phenomenal. But when you start hiding in bushes to watch training sessions there is something a bit unethical about that.

And that is why this is such a big story.......it’s not something we do in this country.

I have no issue with hours of video analysis etc but a team  should have the right to prepare for a game without having the added distraction of checking the trees for a guy with binoculars.

It is done in this country. 

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

It is done in this country. 

In 35 years of going to football all over this country I’ve never once heard of an instance of a team spying on another at their training.

If it’s done it completely passed me by.

And the rest of the country too which is why this has made headlines.

35 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

The guy from Leeds was caught with a pair of pliers in his pocket ffs........what sort of message is that sending out ?

He likes a rough tug and maybe others would too?

39 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Perhaps sometimes they need to use torture to get the information they need? 

9 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

In 35 years of going to football all over this country I’ve never once heard of an instance of a team spying on another at their training.

If it’s done it completely passed me by.

And the rest of the country too which is why this has made headlines.

You need to check out what people are saying.

David Seaman said Arsenal under Wenger did it. Mourinho did it at Chelsea when incidentally Lampard played. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Ethically it might not be a good thing but if there's no laws (in a footballing sense) that say it can't be done then it is technically "fair game". Think of it as a more advanced form of scouting 

6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

You need to check out what people are saying.

David Seaman said Arsenal under Wenger did it. Mourinho did it at Chelsea when incidentally Lampard played. 

Ok.....that is what they are saying now.

But up until now this was never common knowledge. And it still doesn’t make it ok imo.

Captain_Peacock
41 minutes ago, lsimp77 said:

36 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yeah

Phil Hay is Scottish. Not 100% he is Hearts fan but definite symphiser 

Phil Hay is 100% a Hearts fan.

Pasquale for King

Did Frank have any problem with Jose getting around his touch line ban in the Champions League by whatever means he used.

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Did Frank have any problem with Jose getting around his touch line ban in the Champions League by whatever means he used.

Yeah......because that is the same as hiding in the bushes to watch an opponent train.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
47 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Except we will do it in this country. And we dive too....of course that was only foreigners too

1 hour ago, chester copperpot said:

If they are outside and they let 'fans' watch then yes they are. 

There has been no suggestion that fans were there. Looking at the Derby incident in particular the Leeds 'spy' was watching from outside the training ground, hence the police being called to deal with someone acting suspiciously.

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Yeah......because that is the same as hiding in the bushes to watch an opponent train.

It’s worse actually as there are rules against it,Leeds haven’t broken any rules. Both can be construed as morally wrong. 

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

There has been no suggestion that fans were there. Looking at the Derby incident in particular the Leeds 'spy' was watching from outside the training ground, hence the police being called to deal with someone acting suspiciously.

Then letting the guy go as no law was broken.

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Then letting the guy go as no law was broken.

Yep. He's done nothing against the law, nothing against the rules...perhaps morally questionable but I don't really have an issue with it.

I've got a vague memory of Hearts training before the 2012 Final with Craig Beattie up front deliberately to set the Hibees on the wrong track. It worked. We beat them 5-1 btw

:leveinnaturalorder: