• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bridge of Djoum

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• wavydavy

Bazzas right boot

Good pundit and  in general, talk sense. 

However when it comes to Craig Levein he turns into a slavering arse. 

Thinking about it, he could well post on here?

Bit like Sutton, he's OK ( maybe too confrontational) but when celtic are playing he's a grade 1 ******. 

Take Stewart over Thompson, walker, boyd, commons, Miller, bonner, craigan, mcoist cetc every day of the week. 

Just a shame he can't get over CL saying he cost him a £1, and it was a £1 wasted. 

Dunno why? ?‍♂️

Him, Nevin and Sutton are the only ones that talk some sense and offer a little insight. 

The rest are either slavers, biased towards their club, of sympathisers, boring or just generally a bit stupid. Some are all the above. Commons is even worse than that. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

15 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Michael, you're so full of yourself you'll burst!

In fact, you do quite regularly.

PS Do you practice in front of the mirror?

Pardon me? 

Bridge of Djoum
29 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Yes, he's simply asking why Euan is bumping his gums about Celtic when the club he supports does exactly the same. 

Now, continue your thought along those lines. Where does it lead? 

Seymour M Hersh
54 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

The pound shop pundit 

And that was still too much money! :laugh: :leveinnaturalorder:

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

Pretty sad he’s went this way. He’s like a Hearts fan in waiting. 

Won’t say anything positive or in support until Levein is gone.

2 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Just a shame he can't get over CL saying he cost him a £1, and it was a £1 wasted. 

Dunno why? ?‍♂️

Michael Stewart has a massively over inflated ego, always has. Thought Craig Levein wouldn't bite back at him so he took all the digs he could and then got given that put down in the media for all to see, bit of a riddy tbh. Craigy's living in that man's head rent free (or maybe for a pound a week) and MS will never be over it

2 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

Celtic could say the same with Forrest, Johnston, Teirney, Ralston & McGregor as well as Rogic and Ajer. 

Exactly. There isn't anything wrong with bringing a couple of loan options to improve your squad. Out of the three he alluded to, one has returned to his parent club, one is out of favour and one is yet to play. They're hardly stunting the development of our own young players.

MS confuses me. I get all sorts of mixed feelings about him.

I like him as a pundit, except when he loses the heid and all perspective because of his irrepressible hatred for Levein. It's never normal or constructive criticism, it's always weird and personal. I wish he could talk about Hearts without losing his mind because he'd probably have insightful things to say. I also quite liked him when he was at Hearts too. I probably shouldn't like him at all given that he's so irrational about my club but I think he's an interesting person so I kind of do. I'd take more Michael Stewarts over most other football pundits any day. 

I had a wee pop at him on Twitter for his comment and he bit back in quite a patronising way, but that's ok. I quite like him. I listened to the Sportsound podcast from Monday and he didn't miss that fud Daryle Broadfoot and Kenny McLean when discussing the referees etc 

2 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Bit like Sutton, he's OK ( maybe too confrontational) but when celtic are playing he's a grade 1 ******. 

Take Stewart over Thompson, walker, boyd, commons, Miller, bonner, craigan, mcoist cetc every day of the week. 

Dunno why? ?‍♂️

Him, Nevin and Sutton are the only ones that talk some sense and offer a little insight. 

The rest are either slavers, biased towards their club, of sympathisers, boring or just generally a bit stupid. Some are all the above. Commons is even worse than that. 

Fair summary.

4 hours ago, johnthomas said:

He is an excellent pundit .

Except when talking about Hearts

Each to their own on that one . Personally I see MS as a person who views himself as being intelligent ... and because of that what he says should be given some credence ergo if he says something he believes is right then all those at home watching him must also believe it is right . As ex footballers go he is probably above the norm but in no way an intellectual . 

I'm embaressed for him every time he speaks,  the guy is a prize arse.  I try to forget that he was ever captain of our great club.

When JJ came back to the club after Csaba as sacked, he inherited Stewart as captain.  JJ has little patience for those with an inflated opinion of themselves and told MS that if he was even half the player he thinks he is, he would be something special.  Needless to say, MS didn't last much longer at the club.

5 hours ago, Auldreekie1874 said:

By using the word hypocrite it sounds to me that Mikey Stewart is having a pop at Ewan Murray, not Hearts.

Yep he was. It relates to another tweet he sent where Ewan criticised him. This is his way of getting payback. Twat

Only Hearts player past and present I've ever ignored on my travels. 

Possibly the only player I've ever truly hated wearing a Hearts shirt. 

100% rusty crutched cockwomble.

MS could not be more up himself than anyone I have ever come across. Still can’t leave CL alone given that the latter did not rate him as a player and neither did most of the hearts support. Grossly overrated as a footballer who ran around like a headless chicken on the park which was a rarity as he was more often than not booked or sent off. As others have said as a pundit he won’t listen to others and tries to bully them by talking over them which quite frankly is about his level to be honest. Has a major gripe against hearts and even when we were up at top of the league grudgingly praised us through gritted teeth.

I used to like MS as a pundit, but he’s long since outed himself as an utter clown.

Loses the head at anyone who dares to have an opinion that differs from his.

Listening to him and Sutton makes me want to perforate my own eardrums.

1 hour ago, Oliver Twist said:

Only Hearts player past and present I've ever ignored on my travels. 

Possibly the only player I've ever truly hated wearing a Hearts shirt. 

100% rusty crutched cockwomble.

This.  And an absolute dreadful football player as well.  In fact one of the worst I have ever seen in a Hearts shirt.

5 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Dunno why? ?‍♂️

Sort of where I am but if he's thinks he knows better then why doesn't he become a manager and see how hard it is? 

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Sort of where I am but if he's thinks he knows better then why doesn't he become a manager and see how hard it is? 

He'd fall out with every one. 

Seriously, I think he wants to become an SMP. 

A_A wehatethehibs

To be fair he is definitely a big jambo, that was him that threw his weeks wages at Neil Lennons chest. He was always a hot head

7 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Interesting that Stewart tweeted something other than his love for Scottish independence. 

Yes I will have to have a word with him. not good enough Stewart you should be taking your instructions from KBs. Yawn!

Geoff Kilpatrick
33 minutes ago, Independence said:

Yes I will have to have a word with him. not good enough Stewart you should be taking your instructions from KBs. Yawn!

Deary me! Mention Scottish independence and Nat fans get very sensitive. For your and @wavydavy 's info, my point was that it was different to see Stewart actually talking about football on Twitter as opposed to politics. I don't really care what he does on there as I've little interest in anything he says in any case. I just thought that it was different that he decided to tweet on the subject he is paid to talk about.

Sheesh!

Konrad von Carstein
46 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Deary me! Mention Scottish independence and Nat fans get very sensitive. For your and @wavydavy 's info, my point was that it was different to see Stewart actually talking about football on Twitter as opposed to politics. I don't really care what he does on there as I've little interest in anything he says in any case. I just thought that it was different that he decided to tweet on the subject he is paid to talk about.

Sheesh!

Unfortunately your original post came across totally different and it read, to me, like you were being, well, Geoff.

2 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

"He'd fall out with every one. 

Seriously, I think he wants to become an SMP. "

Well he talks a good load of shoite so maybe that's his calling most run o the mill politicians talk a load of shoite par excellance !

Edited by jock _turd

Geoff Kilpatrick
50 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Unfortunately your original post came across totally different and it read, to me, like you were being, well, Geoff.

Thanks for sharing.

7 hours ago, tokyowalnut said:

I had a wee pop at him on Twitter for his comment and he bit back in quite a patronising way, but that's ok. I quite like him. 

It's not OK. His attitude stinks.

Have some self-respect.

Make no mistake MS would eat himself if he was chocolate, however he knows football, let’s be honest he spent most of his playing career watching it whether he was on the pitch or not. He lets his hatred, and it is hatred, of Levein cloud his judgement on Hearts. I’m certain his bosses at the BBC told him to reel in the anti Levein tirades and concentrate on the football, so he’ll take any opportunity to get a dig in. I also think him and Ewan have previous, I’d suggest Stewart treads carefully with that, Ewan’s a clever laddie and he’ll rip Stewart to bits given the chance.

Geoff Kilpatrick
29 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

And again.... :)

Your interest in me is touching but unrequited.

4 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

To be fair he is definitely a big jambo, that was him that threw his weeks wages at Neil Lennons chest. He was always a hot head

Does he consider it the worst value of a £ he's ever parted with though? :clyay:

This has been totally taken out of context. MS was calling out EM for slagging Celtics use of loans. Basically saying Hearts do it to. He wasn't having a dig at Hearts or the use of loans. 

Literally nothing more to it than that and it snowballed to petty argument.

Even though EM is a diehard Jambo he says things just to be controversial. He is basically like a troll on Twitter.

EM and MS have very similar characteristics. I don't mind either of them to be honest.

Bridge of Djoum
6 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Make no mistake MS would eat himself if he was chocolate, however he knows football, let’s be honest he spent most of his playing career watching it whether he was on the pitch or not. He lets his hatred, and it is hatred, of Levein cloud his judgement on Hearts. I’m certain his bosses at the BBC told him to reel in the anti Levein tirades and concentrate on the football, so he’ll take any opportunity to get a dig in. I also think him and Ewan have previous, I’d suggest Stewart treads carefully with that, Ewan’s a clever laddie and he’ll rip Stewart to bits given the chance.

188 games in a ''career''.

Scott Robinson has more...

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

He’s a sociopath. Be thankful he’s an annoying arse on the radio and not out and about being a serial killer. 

:arf:

Reading this thread has just made me realise, I've never disliked an ex-player so much. Wasn't even that keen on him when he was a player either tbh.

3 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

188 games in a ''career''.

Scott Robinson has more...

Unlike most other careers whether he played or not he was well paid for it, so 188 or 1088 he earned plenty from his career. 

3 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Unlike most other careers whether he played or not he was well paid for it, so 188 or 1088 he earned plenty from his career. 

:rofl: 

Bridge of Djoum
53 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Where did his earnings come into it? I made no mention of that. 

1 minute ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Where did his earnings come into it? I made no mention of that. 

I know I was just responding to his lowly appearance numbers saying unfortunately for the rest of us who have to work for a living guys like Stewart have made fortunes from football from mostly sitting on there arse, he’s still sitting on his arse talking about football and no doubt earning a few quid!

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

I know I was just responding to his lowly appearance numbers saying unfortunately for the rest of us who have to work for a living guys like Stewart have made fortunes from football from mostly sitting on there arse, he’s still sitting on his arse talking about football and no doubt earning a few quid!

He may talk a good game, but with those low career numbers, 13 years, suggests he doesn't know as much about football as you say. Very few managers have trusted his ability his arguing style tells me he isn't interested in listening to anyone if they disagree with him.

I'd say MS is more lucky than talented. He's certainly not all that bright. He does a decent attempt at trying to sound intelligent, though. Ultimately he's an angry wee fud, he was as a player too. The way Levein has made a **** of him is utterly hilarious.

11 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

He’s a sociopath. Be thankful he’s an annoying arse on the radio and not out and about being a serial killer. 

FFS 

9 hours ago, Gorgieshed said:

This has been totally taken out of context. MS was calling out EM for slagging Celtics use of loans. Basically saying Hearts do it to. He wasn't having a dig at Hearts or the use of loans.

Calling EM a hypocrite for criticising Celtics record of bringing youth through by claiming Hearts do the same thing. 

Laughable. 

2 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

He may talk a good game

He tries to but ends up tripping himself up by using big words he doesn't understand. He also says "could of, would of and should of" so he's clearly an imbecile.

17 hours ago, jock _turd said:

"He'd fall out with every one. 

Seriously, I think he wants to become an SMP. "

Well he talks a good load of shoite so maybe that's his calling most run o the mill politicians talk a load of shoite par excellance !

Thank goodness he doesn't want to be a MSP!

?