Wagner departs Huddersfield

Stephane Grappelli

Stephane Grappelli

Huddersfield Town today parted company with manager David Wagner.  

The Terriers have nothing to lose.  My question is, is it time for Mark Hughes?

There were grumblings from their fans about how was he still in the job at the weekend. Seems they wanted a new manager before it was too late to avoid relegation. 

1 hour ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Are you Mark Hughes agent? Touting him all over kickback..???

1 hour ago, Top Corner said:

Where do these shit threads come from?

The guy is obsessed with Mark Hughes. Started a thread on him when he was punted last time to see if anyone thought he should replace levein ??

Got them up unexpectedly, kept them up unexpectedly. Their performance this season has been poor, but with the relative resources and stature of the club, I'm not sure who they expect will do any better.

SectionDJambo

The media are saying that, for once, mutual agreement is true.

Huddersfield fans wanting him gone,  just shows how unrealistic some fans can be. The Championship in England must be one of the hardest leagues in the world to get promoted from. Wagner did what many others haven’t managed, and many, better known “experienced” managers, are still struggling to achieve. He also managed to keep them up for a season.

They are never going to attract the quality of player to make a significant difference to staying up permanently. Their fans should just have enjoyed the ride while it lasts.

A rare exception to the normal order of things in the EPL are Bournemouth. Small ground with no history of greatness, but Eddie Howe has done a great job there, after being emptied by Burnley.

1 hour ago, Martin_T said:

Got them up unexpectedly, kept them up unexpectedly. Their performance this season has been poor, but with the relative resources and stature of the club, I'm not sure who they expect will do any better.

David Moyes or Chris Coleman? ? 

Edited by iainmac

Stephane Grappelli
1 hour ago, Eno said:

Are you Mark Hughes agent? Touting him all over kickback..???

Not his agent, just a huge fan.  A huge Hughes fan.

58 minutes ago, tian447 said:

****ing yawn!! 

This going to happen for every team with a vacancy?

****ing hope not!

Stephane Grappelli

There's a thread on here linking Mark Hughes with the gig.

He may have a short fuse, but is it time for Hughes?

rudi must stay
3 hours ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

No not for them. Interesting club, I'm sure they'll bring in someone with a decent CV. I do agree with another poster that it's harsh on Wagner though, seems a decent manager who has done a great job for them.

Wagner did a great job and for once it seems that leaving by 'mutual consent' was indeed mutual. 

If I was a Huddersfield fan I'd almost be looking forward to going back down to the Championship. Last season they did fantastically well to stay up and had some amazing results (beating United, drawing with City etc.). But the novelty of playing the big teams will have long worn off and it can't be much fun having a season ticket for a team that will be lucky to reach 10 goals scored at home this season.  

Seymour M Hersh
8 hours ago, Jason Dufner said:

The club deserve to be relegated after that decision.

It was primarily Wagner's decision not the clubs.

5 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

The Terrace - For discussion of HMFC and football in general

that post was aimed at the Mark Hughes poster

11 hours ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Barca legend!

It should have been ten
1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

The Terrace - For discussion of HMFC and football in general

:cornette:

55 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

that post was aimed at the Mark Hughes poster

Exactly bud

Stephane Grappelli
44 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Exactly bud

It doesn't say football in general except anything related to Mark Hughes.

We all have our views, let's talk about Hughes.

Governor Tarkin
11 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

It doesn't say football in general except anything related to Mark Hughes.

We all have our views, let's talk about Hughes.

We need more threads about Mark Hughes imo.

10 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

The media are saying that, for once, mutual agreement is true.

Huddersfield fans wanting him gone,  just shows how unrealistic some fans can be. The Championship in England must be one of the hardest leagues in the world to get promoted from. Wagner did what many others haven’t managed, and many, better known “experienced” managers, are still struggling to achieve. He also managed to keep them up for a season.

They are never going to attract the quality of player to make a significant difference to staying up permanently. Their fans should just have enjoyed the ride while it lasts.

A rare exception to the normal order of things in the EPL are Bournemouth. Small ground with no history of greatness, but Eddie Howe has done a great job there, after being emptied by Burnley.

He managed to get Huddersfield promoted with a negative goal difference which says it all about their 'style'. Their early season form kept them up last season as sometimes occurs with newly promoted teams. Pish club, pish town and I for one hope they do a Bradford City or if not that dramatic then a Sunderland. Entitled twats.

As for Eddie Howe, I am fairly certain he walked out on Burnley.

They need someone who will score goals far more than a new manager. 

Fresh ideas might help but someone who will get them 15 goals or more between now and seasons end is there only real hope.

Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, It should have been ten said:

Exactly bud

Sorry I'm not a mind reader. Had you quoted the post then all would have been clear. Hope that helpful tip enables you to post properly in future. ?

Well, since I read that as wenger and was away to say I didn't know he had went to huddersfield then was gonna say this anyway (albeit now in relation to mark hughes)

What is it with the so called best league in europe or whatever they claim their selves as,  recycling the same pap dried up managers?!?!!  They bring nothing new to the table, it's all a comfort zone, if the english league wants to improve and as a result their national team (they need to have more english players playing first of course and I really don't want them successful in anything either!) then they will have to think a little less insular.

It really cannot improve things going back to the same guff!!

It should have been ten
5 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Sorry I'm not a mind reader. Had you quoted the post then all would have been clear. Hope that helpful tip enables you to post properly in future. ?

Ah ok I accept your apology. To make things ‘clear’ enough for you, obviously I’d have ‘quoted the post’ if it had been any other post I was replying to other than the op’s.

Hope that helpful tip enables you to keep your neb oot in future. ??

Seymour M Hersh
22 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Ah ok I accept your apology. To make things ‘clear’ enough for you, obviously I’d have ‘quoted the post’ if it had been any other post I was replying to other than the op’s.

Hope that helpful tip enables you to keep your neb oot in future. ??

I'll make a point of sticking my nose in if it rattles you little cage! :laugh:

Oh and where exactly did you quote the poster you were referring to as obsessed? 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh