Winter break

Pants Shaton

It has pros and cons..... I just wish we had a game at the weekend.

It would be nice if we could play today's game at the weekend and put it on Hearts TV.  

I wounder if there is a potential to recoup the cost of transmission with day pass used by both teams? 

2 hours ago, Pants Shaton said:

Absolutely terrible idea.  

Yes it is. Packing games in midweek in the winter to allow 2 weeks off in January is nonsense. 

Players voted for it.

The break has come at a good time for us though. New arrivals, players coming back from injury.

But if we had the momentum with us before the break then could argue the other way too.

Not keen on the first game back being the Scottish Cup.

SpruceBringsteen

Scotland is well known for never having bad weather between exactly the third week of January and the last week of, like, May so it's an absolute no-brainer tbh

Summer football is the real answer, a break during the worst of the winter weather is the next best option.

It's a joke how many matches in Scotland get cancelled due to weather at this time of year.

4 minutes ago, Colin Sked said:

So is the close season 

I agree.

14 team league - one game a week all year round. 52 games.

1 minute ago, Pants Shaton said:

I agree.

I really miss it when Hearts are not playing.  HenceI am signed up to join your campaign team

Once again fantastic football weather during this farcical holiday.  Just after a tremendous set of Glasgow and Edinburgh derbies and all momentum lost.  There are already the interruptions of the daft international breaks and then Scottish football adds this.

48 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

As soon as the break is over the Beast From The East will return....

You may well be right, have you seen the weather forecast for the week after next.

Fecking baltic.

We will be making our way to Tynecastle in this.

been here before
28 minutes ago, corryjambo said:

You may well be right, have you seen the weather forecast for the week after next.

Fecking baltic.

We will be making our way to Tynecastle in this.

If thats the case might I recommend a visit to Timpsons...

5 minutes ago, been here before said:

If thats the case might I recommend a visit to Timpsons...

For the sake of the boy working there I just hope they're not steelies... 

3 hours ago, graygo said:

3 games in 6 days when we start back up with the first one being a season defining cup tie for some.

Mental.

Think of the excitement...

Great idea, but they just need to play the season from March to December. And if March is bad, we can catch up during the summer. The 2020 WC will give us a we trial run. 

Summer fitbaw!!! Ye can go to Australia for yer holidays in January. Change the School holidays to 2 weeks summer, 2 months winter. Sorted.

17 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Scotland is well known for never having bad weather between exactly the third week of January and the last week of, like, May so it's an absolute no-brainer tbh

Nonsense. Take two weeks off when it's cold so we can cram more games in when it's still cold. No brainer eh ?

16 hours ago, Pants Shaton said:

I agree.

No break at all for players? If you think the number of injuries are bad just now...

Captain Sausage

Works for us this season so I’m happy. Permitting myself a change of opinion next season pending our injury situation at the break. 

2 hours ago, Darren said:

No break at all for players? If you think the number of injuries are bad just now...

Players allowed to play max 46 games per season. Squad rotation.  Drop bigger players for easier games (e.g. Hamilton, Dundee, Hibs)

SpruceBringsteen
6 hours ago, IronJambo said:

Nonsense. Take two weeks off when it's cold so we can cram more games in when it's still cold. No brainer eh ?

Players voted for it, though. Ken, the players that would vote for Nandos every meal and for Fifa 19 to be made Prime Minister.

Trying desperately to get interested in The Championship games on Open all Mics. Not even a twinge... ?

Suppose it’s allowed is to get Haring on the road to recovery though.

1 hour ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Players voted for it, though. Ken, the players that would vote for Nandos every meal and for Fifa 19 to be made Prime Minister.

?

Britain is bracing for a monster winter storm that threatens to blanket parts of the country with up to six inches of snow.

The potentially life-threatening storm is due hit in just over a week with heavy snow and extreme cold, raising fears of travel chaos that could affect millions of Britons.  New weather charts show the severe weather system sweeping across a majority of the UK - from Scotland's Highlands in the north down to East Anglia, the Midlands and the south-east coast of England.

4 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Britain is bracing for a monster winter storm that threatens to blanket parts of the country with up to six inches of snow.

The potentially life-threatening storm is due hit in just over a week with heavy snow and extreme cold, raising fears of travel chaos that could affect millions of Britons.  New weather charts show the severe weather system sweeping across a majority of the UK - from Scotland's Highlands in the north down to East Anglia, the Midlands and the south-east coast of England.

That’s the 3rd warning this year and not a drop yet.

It's a good idea in principle, but it's detracted somewhat by playing about eight games in December and three in the first week back.

It has come at a good time for us, though.

On 11/01/2019 at 18:33, cruzabic said:

Ridiculous thing to have which the majority of fans don't want.

The fans were never considered. It’s all about the players and staff.

7 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Odds on!

It's that time of year!

portobellojambo1
On 11/01/2019 at 18:33, cruzabic said:

Ridiculous thing to have which the majority of fans don't want.

A break is something that works in many European countries, because they know exactly which period of the year they are going to have their worst weather. We live in a country where the truth is we quite simply haven't got a scooby when we will get the worst of our weather, and it can be snowing, pissing with rain and/or blowing gales in any month of the year. Still never quire worked out either why the only league that stops in the Winter here is the top division. The other leagues up here continue to play, and with the teams in those divisions probably being a lot less inclined to having under-soil heating chances are their games are more liable to be cancelled in the event of bad weather than games in the top league if there was no break.

I agree 10,000% with Pants and it's not just this irritating winter break.  There seems to be an international break every 5 minutes as well.  Then you're told you cant play when the CL is on.

I am heart sick of it.

On 11/01/2019 at 16:14, kila said:

Not keen on the first game back being the Scottish Cup.

Me neither, but at least our opponents have had an enforced holiday as well.

Its a pain in the arse, but its came at the right time for us. Haring gets a head start on his surgery before the games start back up, Vanecek gets time to meet the squad. Souttar and Uche miss less games & Naismith and Berra get to breathe.

Shite for fans, good for players. 

10 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Copied straight off the front page of the Daily Express, no doubt! 

Geoff the Mince
10 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Allah is angry .

I'm glad of the break. Having our players back and a wee at look at the fixtures until the split.

We can go undefeated up to the split.

Cmon Hearts!

Edited by ri Alban