Andy Murray

AWM

2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

He was good but you could say that about any players who should have won more !   His miserable persona on court was offputting.  Never looked like he enjoyed playing. 

Think the majority of players would be happy with two Olympic gold medals, two Wimbledon titles and an American open not to mention being number one and all his single wins. Plus being a multi millionaire. 

Guy done well. Could have done better but lack of effort and dedication can’t be denied. 

your right though he was a miserable sod. 

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• I P Knightley

• Mikey1874

• Jambo 4 Ever

The lack of talent and chara coming through in tennis at the moment is bad. The fact Roger Federer is still number 4 in the world rankings shows this. Djokovic and Rafa are still dominating as well. The old guard shown no sign of wavering. 

5 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Think the majority of players would be happy with two Olympic gold medals, two Wimbledon titles and an American open not to mention being number one and all his single wins. Plus being a multi millionaire. 

Guy done well. Could have done better but lack of effort and dedication can’t be denied. 

your right though he was a miserable sod. 

Not denying he had a great record but to be the best you need to beat the best and regularly. He didnt. He did play in the era of the 3 greatest players who have ever played but like i said needed to beat them on a regular basis. 

5 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

The lack of talent and chara coming through in tennis at the moment is bad. The fact Roger Federer is still number 4 in the world rankings shows this. Djokovic and Rafa are still dominating as well. The old guard shown no sign of wavering. 

Very true. Thieme is good though and will probably win a few slams once the others retire or deteriorate. 

8 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Not denying he had a great record but to be the best you need to beat the best and regularly. He didnt. He did play in the era of the 3 greatest players who have ever played but like i said needed to beat them on a regular basis. 

Who is saying he had to be the best? Muzza is a moaning b*****d of a legend who has entertained me richly over the years with incredible talent, humour and mainly grit. He has beaten the top 3 29 times. Losing 56. Would obviously be better if he had avoided all those injuries. His record demands respect. He's not the best. What a failing!

• 4 weeks later...
Weakened Offender

Not a fan at all but he has won 3 grand slams, an Olympic gold and single handedly won a Davis Cup whilst competing against 3 of the greatest players of all time. 

17 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Murray, Evans and Konta all knocked out in first round. Well done guys. 😐

Of those three, only Konta should be hanging her head after her performance. 

Murray's never been comfortable on clay and the conditions yesterday made it more clay-ey than usual. Likewise for Evans, he needs a faster court for his play. 

Konta, though? 40-something unforced errors; a semi-finalist last year (iirc) and up against someone for whom clay is an unfamiliar surface? Konta's noggin has gone.

42 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Of those three, only Konta should be hanging her head after her performance. 

Murray's never been comfortable on clay and the conditions yesterday made it more clay-ey than usual. Likewise for Evans, he needs a faster court for his play. 

Konta, though? 40-something unforced errors; a semi-finalist last year (iirc) and up against someone for whom clay is an unfamiliar surface? Konta's noggin has gone.

It went a while ago. I'll never understand why she parted company with Carril and Garcia.

• 1 year later...
Jambo 4 Ever

Played well tonight 

through to next round v Cammie Norrie (current British number 1)

Edited by Jambo 4 Ever

A Boy Named Crow
5 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Played well tonight 

through to next round v Cammie Norrie (current British number 1)

The lad who was born in South Africa and raised in New Zealand, that British number one?

C'mon Murray, put this chancer to the sword!

EDIT: I'm well aware that the chances Andy will read this are slim at best!

Edited by A Boy Named Crow

Jambo 4 Ever
Just now, A Boy Named Crow said:

The lad who was born in South Africa and raised in New Zealand, that British number one?

C'mon Murray, put this chancer to the sword!

Yeh hopefully Murray beats him on Wednesday 

A Boy Named Crow
1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Why ? 

The British number one,  a South African born Kiwi? Nah, he can jog on!

2 minutes ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

The British number one,  a South African born Kiwi? Nah, he can jog on!

Cameron Norrie is Scottish, so I hope he beats Britain's Andy Murray.

A Boy Named Crow
7 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Whereabouts in Scotland is Johannesburg? He was then raised in New Zealand, before moving to London in his teens.

I lived in England at the peak of Murray's career, they never really accepted him as one of their own. I'll take the home-grown actual Scot over the antipodean chancer thanks 👍

Nucky Thompson
5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

He's as much Welsh as he is Scottish.

I prefer to call him British 

I P Knightley
5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

But he chooses to support Sevco, so...

5 hours ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

Whereabouts in Scotland is Johannesburg? He was then raised in New Zealand, before moving to London in his teens.

I lived in England at the peak of Murray's career, they never really accepted him as one of their own. I'll take the home-grown actual Scot over the antipodean chancer thanks 👍

If a dog gives birth in a stable, the puppy doesn't become a horse. 

Norrie is a highly effective player but i find him incredibly dull to watch.

One commentator said that "he makes his opponents hate tennis" and that just about sums him up.

A Boy Named Crow
3 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

If a dog gives birth in a stable, the puppy doesn't become a horse. 

Cantona-esque 😁

4 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

One commentator said that "he makes his opponents hate tennis" and that just about sums him up.

I can admire how relentless he is, and the placement on his shots is routinely spot on (taking the opponent from corner to corner), but yeah, he's not the most exciting to watch.

Jambo 4 Ever
10 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Andy Murray is more Scottish that Cameron 

Jambo 4 Ever
2 minutes ago, Korky said:

Has a great life. Leaves the four kids at home and travels the globe getting horsed by guys that are 150th in the world.

He won last night mate 

I P Knightley
7 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

It's not just watching him that's dull. Nobody on the tour really dislikes him but nobody wants to spend time with him either.

Naisys Tackle
2 hours ago, Korky said:

What, an event or just a match?

Warm up ranking event before the us open next week. 

Cameron Norrie a wank thats as Scottish as Donald Trump and has attached himself to the huns. 

Edited by Robbies Tackle