AWM

Andy Murray

jamie1874
5 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Let him go away and have this operation and if he is able to come back for Wimbledon im sure the tournament committee will manage to get him a nice 1st Round match against a qualifier. 

He can then retire.

After watching today’s game I think I would rather he didn’t play at Wimbledon. The send off he got in Australia from the fans there is much more genuine than the one he would get at Wimbledon. His best ever support at Wimbledon was when he played in the Olympics and it wasn’t the stuffiness that Wimbledon has. 

Today was his career symbolised in 3-4 hours. Amazing moments and a what if ending. 

I doubt many people 15 years ago would have ever thought Scotland would produce  a 3 time Major winner, on top of that has played in the Final at all 4 majors. First man to win two Olympic golds, a Davis cup performance that may never be bettered, won the year end finals and been world number 1 in an era where 3 men will retire at some point and be 1st 2nd and 3rd most successful male tennis players ever. 

He really had has dragged British Tennis into the 21st century.

Hopefully Jamie can continue to bring success to the Murray Family and if Andy does ever get himself fit to compete again then a season at doubles with his brother would certainly bring some more trophies. 

A guy who live through and was very close to our countries worst ever tragedy goes on and becomes our greatest ever sportsman. An inspiration to a nation. 

AWM

jack D and coke
2 hours ago, jamie1874 said:

After watching today’s game I think I would rather he didn’t play at Wimbledon. The send off he got in Australia from the fans there is much more genuine than the one he would get at Wimbledon. His best ever support at Wimbledon was when he played in the Olympics and it wasn’t the stuffiness that Wimbledon has. 

Today was his career symbolised in 3-4 hours. Amazing moments and a what if ending. 

I doubt many people 15 years ago would have ever thought Scotland would produce  a 3 time Major winner, on top of that has played in the Final at all 4 majors. First man to win two Olympic golds, a Davis cup performance that may never be bettered, won the year end finals and been world number 1 in an era where 3 men will retire at some point and be 1st 2nd and 3rd most successful male tennis players ever. 

He really had has dragged British Tennis into the 21st century.

Hopefully Jamie can continue to bring success to the Murray Family and if Andy does ever get himself fit to compete again then a season at doubles with his brother would certainly bring some more trophies. 

A guy who live through and was very close to our countries worst ever tragedy goes on and becomes our greatest ever sportsman. An inspiration to a nation. 

Agree with that I don’t think he’s liked very much in England anyway. He’d get over the top sickening type praise that would feel false imo when millions of ordinary English can’t stand him since his legendary comment about wanting their football team ****ed every single time they play. 

Legend in my eyes for actually saying that too :lol:  amount of lily livered so called Scots who go down there and pretend they want England to do well sickens me. Get it right roond the *****. 

Edited by jack D and coke

Harry Potter

Best Scottish player ever , British, the world,  the guy toiled to the press, aww speaking 

to arseholes, my take, hope he loves his millions , as for hibs who gives a feck  

ri Alban
6 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Agree with that I don’t think he’s liked very much in England anyway. He’d get over the top sickening type praise that would feel false imo when millions of ordinary English can’t stand him since his legendary comment about wanting their football team ****ed every single time they play. 

Legend in my eyes for actually saying that too :lol:  amount of lily livered so called Scots who go down there and pretend they want England to do well sickens me. Get it right roond the *****. 

I heard Andy explain the ABE comment. A smart arse journalist asked him where he'll be watching the Scotland games at the World cup. Haha he thought, how funny making fun of us not qualifying. So Andy Replied "I'll be supporting every team England plays" Could they take a joke , could they feck. They slaughtered him and made it out he hates the English. Hates them that much he married one and employed his whole coaching team from there.

The English press are a bunch of c*"ts.

jack D and coke
4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I heard Andy explain the ABE comment. A smart arse journalist asked him where he'll be watching the Scotland games at the World cup. Haha he thought, how funny making fun of us not qualifying. So Andy Replied "I'll be supporting every team England plays" Could they take a joke , could they feck. They slaughtered him and made it out he hates the English. Hates them that much he married one and employed his whole coaching team from there.

Yeah I heard that story they set him up. 

He’s a real Scot Andy though he’ll cheer when somebody scores against that lot I’m certain of that. :pleasing:

Any Scot that doesn’t is for the watching. 

Stokesy
5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

The journalist that conducted the interview stated that he made it clear in his notes that him, Tin Henman and Andy Murray were joking around and that it wasn't a serious comment. The dickhead editor spotted an opportunity to stick the boot in and the Little Englander hordes jumped on board.

AWM

ri Alban
3 hours ago, Stokesy said:

The journalist that conducted the interview stated that he made it clear in his notes that him, Tin Henman and Andy Murray were joking around and that it wasn't a serious comment. The dickhead editor spotted an opportunity to stick the boot in and the Little Englander hordes jumped on board.

Thanks, didn't know that.

jack D and coke

I spoke to an English dude about him few years ago and the guy said I don’t know how they can call him a british winner of Wimbledon when he’s not even English :lol: 

Hadnt heard that Tim Henman interview before either, Henman should’ve really stuck up for him a bit more imo cos he got it tight for that. 

The BBC March report of his Oz open defeat the other day was littered with anti Scottish comments, some pretty bad ones too. Always amazed how much they get away with that stuff yet it’s us who are portrayed as the anti English ones. Their press openly prints derogatory articles about Scotland too. We can have one or two people who maybe say a bad word on twitter about England and we all get tarred anti English nazis🤷🏽‍♂️

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

I spoke to an English dude about him few years ago and the guy said I don’t know how they can call him a british winner of Wimbledon when he’s not even English :lol: 

Hadnt heard that Tim Henman interview before either, Henman should’ve really stuck up for him a bit more imo cos he got it tight for that. 

The BBC March report of his Oz open defeat the other day was littered with anti Scottish comments, some pretty bad ones too. Always amazed how much they get away with that stuff yet it’s us who are portrayed as the anti English ones. Their press openly prints derogatory articles about Scotland too. We can have one or two people who maybe say a bad word on twitter about England and we all get tarred anti English nazis🤷🏽‍♂️

You may be seeing things in that match report that you want to see. It has been like that throughout his career with complaints that he's described as a Brit when he's winning and a Scot when he's losing (never actually the case).

From what I see, the BBC are very even-handed with their coverage and have shown Murray (and his heritage) great respect for a long, long time.

I can't speak for the Daily Mail which, I believe, was the rag which dropped him in the doo-doo over the ABE gag.

jack D and coke
44 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

You may be seeing things in that match report that you want to see. It has been like that throughout his career with complaints that he's described as a Brit when he's winning and a Scot when he's losing (never actually the case).

From what I see, the BBC are very even-handed with their coverage and have shown Murray (and his heritage) great respect for a long, long time.

I can't speak for the Daily Mail which, I believe, was the rag which dropped him in the doo-doo over the ABE gag.

Sorry mate I didn’t mean the actual match report I meant the comments section after it. 

From the Great British(English) public. 

rudi must stay

After watching Evans v Federer that is the guy to back now in my opinion, twice the fight and ability Edmund has

Randy Marsh
7 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

After watching Evans v Federer that is the guy to back now in my opinion, twice the fight and ability Edmund has

Agreed but Evans likes going out partying too much.  If he was as dedicated as Murray then he could easily be a top 20 player.

The Brow
7 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Hes 28 ffs. 

Hes going nowhere and isn't even remotely dedicated enough to make anything more than a 5/10 tour career. 

rudi must stay
4 hours ago, The Brow said:

Hes 28 ffs. 

Hes going nowhere and isn't even remotely dedicated enough to make anything more than a 5/10 tour career. 

Maybe his recent career means he will be more dedicated, 28 is not old at all in tennis 

4 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

Agreed but Evans likes going out partying too much.  If he was as dedicated as Murray then he could easily be a top 20 player.

I think he has the talent to get top 20 maybe even top 10

The Brow
2 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Maybe his recent career means he will be more dedicated, 28 is not old at all in tennis 

I think he has the talent to get top 20 maybe even top 10

recent career? You're going to have to remind me. A 2nd round in Aus? 

28 when you've pished away your best developing years is massive. Good luck to the guy but top 10 is pure fantasy IMO. 

rudi must stay
8 hours ago, The Brow said:

recent career? You're going to have to remind me. A 2nd round in Aus? 

28 when you've pished away your best developing years is massive. Good luck to the guy but top 10 is pure fantasy IMO. 

Meant the drug incident..

Maybe so

I P Knightley
22 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Sorry mate I didn’t mean the actual match report I meant the comments section after it. 

From the Great British(English) public. 

That comments board has more trolls and ringpieces on it than Kickback!!

PTBCAL

He needs a hip resurfacing- which is quite different from a hip replacement in terms of what you can do after the op

i should know as I have had one - large metal head with small metal stem. Will only last 10 years at most - probably less for Murray.