Andy Murray

AWM

jack D and coke
4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I heard Andy explain the ABE comment. A smart arse journalist asked him where he'll be watching the Scotland games at the World cup. Haha he thought, how funny making fun of us not qualifying. So Andy Replied "I'll be supporting every team England plays" Could they take a joke , could they feck. They slaughtered him and made it out he hates the English. Hates them that much he married one and employed his whole coaching team from there.

The English press are a bunch of c*"ts.

Yeah I heard that story they set him up. 

He’s a real Scot Andy though he’ll cheer when somebody scores against that lot I’m certain of that. :pleasing:

Any Scot that doesn’t is for the watching. 

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• I P Knightley

• Mikey1874

• Jambo 4 Ever

5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I heard Andy explain the ABE comment. A smart arse journalist asked him where he'll be watching the Scotland games at the World cup. Haha he thought, how funny making fun of us not qualifying. So Andy Replied "I'll be supporting every team England plays" Could they take a joke , could they feck. They slaughtered him and made it out he hates the English. Hates them that much he married one and employed his whole coaching team from there.

The English press are a bunch of c*"ts.

The journalist that conducted the interview stated that he made it clear in his notes that him, Tin Henman and Andy Murray were joking around and that it wasn't a serious comment. The dickhead editor spotted an opportunity to stick the boot in and the Little Englander hordes jumped on board.

3 hours ago, Stokesy said:

The journalist that conducted the interview stated that he made it clear in his notes that him, Tin Henman and Andy Murray were joking around and that it wasn't a serious comment. The dickhead editor spotted an opportunity to stick the boot in and the Little Englander hordes jumped on board.

Thanks, didn't know that.

jack D and coke

I spoke to an English dude about him few years ago and the guy said I don’t know how they can call him a british winner of Wimbledon when he’s not even English :lol: 

Hadnt heard that Tim Henman interview before either, Henman should’ve really stuck up for him a bit more imo cos he got it tight for that. 

The BBC March report of his Oz open defeat the other day was littered with anti Scottish comments, some pretty bad ones too. Always amazed how much they get away with that stuff yet it’s us who are portrayed as the anti English ones. Their press openly prints derogatory articles about Scotland too. We can have one or two people who maybe say a bad word on twitter about England and we all get tarred anti English nazis??‍♂️

Edited by jack D and coke

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

I spoke to an English dude about him few years ago and the guy said I don’t know how they can call him a british winner of Wimbledon when he’s not even English :lol: 

Hadnt heard that Tim Henman interview before either, Henman should’ve really stuck up for him a bit more imo cos he got it tight for that. 

The BBC March report of his Oz open defeat the other day was littered with anti Scottish comments, some pretty bad ones too. Always amazed how much they get away with that stuff yet it’s us who are portrayed as the anti English ones. Their press openly prints derogatory articles about Scotland too. We can have one or two people who maybe say a bad word on twitter about England and we all get tarred anti English nazis??‍♂️

You may be seeing things in that match report that you want to see. It has been like that throughout his career with complaints that he's described as a Brit when he's winning and a Scot when he's losing (never actually the case).

From what I see, the BBC are very even-handed with their coverage and have shown Murray (and his heritage) great respect for a long, long time.

I can't speak for the Daily Mail which, I believe, was the rag which dropped him in the doo-doo over the ABE gag.

jack D and coke
44 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

You may be seeing things in that match report that you want to see. It has been like that throughout his career with complaints that he's described as a Brit when he's winning and a Scot when he's losing (never actually the case).

From what I see, the BBC are very even-handed with their coverage and have shown Murray (and his heritage) great respect for a long, long time.

I can't speak for the Daily Mail which, I believe, was the rag which dropped him in the doo-doo over the ABE gag.

Sorry mate I didn’t mean the actual match report I meant the comments section after it. 

From the Great British(English) public. 

Edited by jack D and coke

7 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

After watching Evans v Federer that is the guy to back now in my opinion, twice the fight and ability Edmund has

Agreed but Evans likes going out partying too much.  If he was as dedicated as Murray then he could easily be a top 20 player.

7 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

After watching Evans v Federer that is the guy to back now in my opinion, twice the fight and ability Edmund has

Hes 28 ffs. 

Hes going nowhere and isn't even remotely dedicated enough to make anything more than a 5/10 tour career. 

rudi must stay
4 hours ago, The Brow said:

Hes 28 ffs. 

Hes going nowhere and isn't even remotely dedicated enough to make anything more than a 5/10 tour career. 

Maybe his recent career means he will be more dedicated, 28 is not old at all in tennis 

4 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

Agreed but Evans likes going out partying too much.  If he was as dedicated as Murray then he could easily be a top 20 player.

I think he has the talent to get top 20 maybe even top 10

2 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Maybe his recent career means he will be more dedicated, 28 is not old at all in tennis 

I think he has the talent to get top 20 maybe even top 10

recent career? You're going to have to remind me. A 2nd round in Aus? 

28 when you've pished away your best developing years is massive. Good luck to the guy but top 10 is pure fantasy IMO. 

rudi must stay
8 hours ago, The Brow said:

recent career? You're going to have to remind me. A 2nd round in Aus? 

28 when you've pished away your best developing years is massive. Good luck to the guy but top 10 is pure fantasy IMO. 

Meant the drug incident..

Maybe so

I P Knightley
22 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Sorry mate I didn’t mean the actual match report I meant the comments section after it. 

From the Great British(English) public. 

That comments board has more trolls and ringpieces on it than Kickback!!

He needs a hip resurfacing- which is quite different from a hip replacement in terms of what you can do after the op

i should know as I have had one - large metal head with small metal stem. Will only last 10 years at most - probably less for Murray.

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/01/2019 at 15:57, PTBCAL said:

He needs a hip resurfacing- which is quite different from a hip replacement in terms of what you can do after the op

i should know as I have had one - large metal head with small metal stem. Will only last 10 years at most - probably less for Murray.

He's had the surgery. Good for him.

:oohmatron:

Sounds like Stormy Daniel's description of Trump...

Sorry to hear that mate. Have you started planning the funeral yet?!

2 hours ago, graygo said:

The tears and snotters were for nowt then.

No guarantee he'll be back playing. I reckon he has done this to improve his day to day life firstly whilst hoping that it enables him to continue his career second

been here before
On 29/01/2019 at 09:42, graygo said:

The tears and snotters were for nowt then.

Not really. Its gave his brand new clothing sponsors a massive amount of the highest possible profile and worldwide publicity on a deal that was only signed a few days before his 'announcement'.

Money cant buy that kind of exposure...

• 4 months later...
N Lincs Jambo
19 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Going to play Doubles at Queens, the pre Wimbledon event. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/48497850

Good to hear. In terms of male Scots competing at the absolute top echelons of sport there’s only really Andy Robertson and, if he can get himself fully fit again, Andy Murray. Even if he never wins another slam it would be great to see him defending his Olympic gold next year.

John Findlay
2 hours ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

Good to hear. In terms of male Scots competing at the absolute top echelons of sport there’s only really Andy Robertson and, if he can get himself fully fit again, Andy Murray. Even if he never wins another slam it would be great to see him defending his Olympic gold next year.

Be a bloody miracle if he defends his Gold medal next year?

N Lincs Jambo
18 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Be a bloody miracle if he defends his Gold medal next year?

Why?? Apart from the injury obviously 

10 hours ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

Scotland isn't in the Olympics.

• 3 weeks later...
I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

Good to see him back 

starts his match soon 

Looking athletic and playing well.

He's always been a very talented doubles player but focused on singles to earn about 10 times the money and kudos. It would be great to see him close out this year playing only dubs before trying again next year on the singles.

132goals1958

Just learned they have done away with the advantage point in doubles. Also if there is a third set it takes the form of a tie break - first to 10 games. Seems to be a diminishing of the doubles game.

I P Knightley
23 hours ago, 132goals1958 said:

Just learned they have done away with the advantage point in doubles. Also if there is a third set it takes the form of a tie break - first to 10 games. Seems to be a diminishing of the doubles game.

Been like that for a couple of seasons. Good idea to move things along more quickly. They should do the same in singles. Much better for the viewer (and the TV schedules).

Also, in the grand slams, they don't play 5 sets for the mens' dubs - except (I think) for the final.

Anyway - Jamie's been pumpded oot by his old partner, Peers. Kills the prospect of an Andy v Jamie match tomorrow (or a Skupski v Skupski match).

Andy and Feliciano about to tee off against the other Skupski and Dan Evans (who's t-shirt I admire).

132goals1958
14 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

Been like that for a couple of seasons. Good idea to move things along more quickly. They should do the same in singles. Much better for the viewer (and the TV schedules).

Also, in the grand slams, they don't play 5 sets for the mens' dubs - except (I think) for the final.

Anyway - Jamie's been pumpded oot by his old partner, Peers. Kills the prospect of an Andy v Jamie match tomorrow (or a Skupski v Skupski match).

Andy and Feliciano about to tee off against the other Skupski and Dan Evans (who's t-shirt I admire).

You learn something new everyday.Don,t watch much doubles but as it was the Murray comeback I like many others tuned in. Wouldn,t like to see the format in singles. Seen many long games with advantage point going back and forward and I just think it adds a little pressure and tests the mettle of the players.

3 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

The second of which involves Lopez, who's being given a tough test by this young Canadian, Auger-Aliassime. Tie break in the first set. He'll be knackered by the time he plays his doubles.

They have done it.

Andy Murray in the doubles final tomorrow. 

Never thought Murray would be in a final again even if it is only the doubles. This will give him a massive confidence boost if he can rediscover his previous form he will win another major Imo  

I P Knightley
3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

They have done it.

Andy Murray in the doubles final tomorrow. 

I feel really sorry for Lopez.

He's battled through to the singles final - which could earn him some decent wedge. If he had any other 'journeyman' doubles partner, he'd drop that partner, default out of the dubs and concentrate on the singles final.

As it is, he'd become public enemy number three if he ditched Sir Andy on Sir Andy's way to his first ever doubles title.

Fair play, though. The tournament's paid big bucks for Murray to turn out in the doubles; they've got a ton more than they bargained for - the crowds have been massive (relatively speaking) and the tournament has managed to make headline news once again.

Good luck to Lopez tomorrow in both finals - but especially the singles.

18 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

As it is, he'd become public enemy number three if he ditched Sir Andy on Sir Andy's way to his first ever doubles title.

He's already got two.

• 3 months later...