Andy Murray

AWM

1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Should just retire now. Nothing to prove by entering the Aus Open and a tough draw as well

Going on with the pain he describes is madness. 

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• I P Knightley

• Mikey1874

• Jambo 4 Ever

Ricardo Shillyshally

Andy Murray has singlehandedly raised the profile of the public man-cry.

Hopefully there is a public cry in on Henman Hill in tribute to this hankie lover.

Francis Albert
5 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

We all know he follows Arsenal. He's never been to Easter Road. 

When he was at his peak I picked up a book that was about football teams supported by celebrities. Asked who he supported, Andy said "Barcelona".

7 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

When he was at his peak I picked up a book that was about football teams supported by celebrities. Asked who he supported, Andy said "Barcelona".

Sounds like a fascinating book. 

2 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

That is really, really pathetic.

For a time he was the best in the world, through sheer effort.

A massive achievement - and a HUGE boon for our country.

Yet you dig at him?

Not a dig,  but this is . Greetin like a big lassie because you need to give up a hobby is pathetic.  Boo hoo, I cannae play tennis anymore.

Francis Albert
13 minutes ago, Peebo said:

I didn't buy it! Not that interested. You on the other hand ...

Edited by Francis Albert

Francis Albert
6 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Not a dig,  but this is . Greetin like a big lassie because you need to give up a hobby is pathetic.  Boo hoo, I cannae play tennis anymore.

!

13 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

giphy.gif

Placid Casual
14 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Hobby? It’s his life passion, the sport he has worked very hard at all his life.

You’re at it.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Never got the hate for him. For some its because he wasn't the most charismatic for the first 7/8 years of his career. Maybe its because what he remembers most from his childhood is one of the most horrible events to have ever happened in Scotland/UK, when he literally hid in a cupboard to hide from a psycho with a gun. Maybe it was because he felt the crushing pressure and his own personal determination to succeed.

Then he started showing emotion and people still have a pop, calling him a cry baby :lol:

Actually found that he's become quite funny in recent years, taking the mick out of himself saying he's much more boring than a weekend in Worthing or wherever it was, and his Christmas jumper pic and other instagram/twitter chat

The "anyone but England" thing got taken completely out of context, he was being wound up mercilessly by Henman and others for our absence at the 2006 world cup and a reporter asked him, knowing full well all of this, "who you gonna support at the World Cup?"... its not like Djokvic and Federer are ever asked that when Serbia/Switzerland aren't at international tournaments, he was asked to wind him up given the specific England/Scotland relationship and the fact he plays for the united banner of UK of GB&NI, and then reported as if he was an English hating William Wallace character despite living down there, half his team being English and his then girlfriend now wife. Probably didn't help all of that  when he expressed an opinion on Indy Ref but he had as much right as anyone else who was Scottish to express an opinion

As for the Hibs chat, has he ever been to a game? Got photo'd with a scarf once but never shown much interest in them (Judy was at 1-5). Kind of like saying Stephen Hendry is a big Jambo or Ronnie Corbett was

Edited by Steve_Jersey_HMFC

adambraejambo

I feel sorry for his mother. Will mean less TV time for her. Joking aside sad news for him. For a short period in time he was the best player In the world.  A feat that only a few privalged players can say. 

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

I didn't buy it! Not that interested. You on the other hand ...

Not interested to buy or even glance at such a book ?

When it comes to Andy Murray, there’s no need to consult such a tome, when you’ve got articles like this as the lead on the Evening News website.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/andy-murray/andy-murray-retires-hibs-pay-tributes-to-inspirational-tennis-star-1-4855028

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

You’d think he was dead the way some people are going on. 

Listening to one the news reports on the radio.

Tributes pouring in for him.:facepalm:?

4 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Scotland’s greatest ever sportsman for me. It was crazy even for a short time a Scotsman being the best tennis player in the world. 

The hibs chat is embarrassing. Honestly **** off :lol: imagine living your life thinking that’s good banter. 

:cornette:

You ok ? ☹️

Geoff the Mince

It's a shame that he's been unable to overcome such an injury 

It reminds me of how my own tennis career came to a shuddering halt .

A credit to Scotland ..

2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

!

Just a bit of perspective, FA. No one died, just early retirement. I could see the point if someone had to stop working, lost their house and had bring up the kids on sick money. But come on.

Let's celebrate his achievements and wish him all the best at his new endeavours. I'm sure he'll be brilliant at whatever he does.

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

A hobby hahaaha very good

Edited by Jamboelite

Big Slim Stylee
4 hours ago, Cade said:

Torn-faced, greeting hibs tube.

Always has been.

The Hooray Henry/Henrietta crowd at Wimbledon will be borderline suicidal now.

Hello shoulder. Have another chip. ?

My thoughts will be with multi millionaire Andy "bubbles" Murray and his impending retirement whilst I work unpaid overtime this weekend and contemplate the next 25 years slaving my backside off. 

Pass the pimms

I P Knightley
3 hours ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

Andy Murray has singlehandedly raised the profile of the public man-cry.

Hopefully there is a public cry in on Henman Hill in tribute to this hankie lover.

I've often wondered whether "Man-size" tissues are so called because they're designed for mopping up jism.

(wrong thread, I know)

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Not a dig,  but this is . Greetin like a big lassie because you need to give up a hobby is pathetic.~I Boo hoo, I cannae play tennis anymore.

Here speaks a man who has no ambition.

14 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Great tennis player with an arsehole for a mother who cashes in on his fame.

She does a hell of a lot of work with kids tennis for someone who could be sitting back and cashing in on Andy's fame.

I P Knightley
2 hours ago, adambraejambo said:

I feel sorry for his mother. Will mean less TV time for her. Joking aside sad news for him. For a short period in time he was the best player In the world.  A feat that only a few privalged players can say. 

I think I'm right in saying that only 13 players have spent more time in the number one spot than him in the open era, so 50 years. The 14th best tennis player globally in 50 years.

17 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

She does a hell of a lot of work with kids tennis for someone who could be sitting back and cashing in on Andy's fame.

Probably does, but she still looks like she needs a gid skelp oan the erse wi  a tennis racquet

I P Knightley
11 minutes ago, Fun Boaby said:

Probably does, but she still looks like she needs a gid skelp oan the erse wi  a tennis racquet

I understand she might enjoy that.

54 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

fair enough.

3 hours ago, Fun Boaby said:

My thoughts will be with multi millionaire Andy "bubbles" Murray and his impending retirement whilst I work unpaid overtime this weekend and contemplate the next 25 years slaving my backside off. 

Pass the pimms

It’s not Andy Murray’s fault that you’ve agreed to work free of charge.

1 hour ago, El Diez said:

Pathetic stuff from him at the press conference.

A great player who gave everything to achieve what he did.

Having said that I do agree with your post here. Bow out with dignity FFS. 

His achievements are even better when you think that he wasn't quite the same level as Federer, Nadal and Novak. He should be bursting with pride not greeting. 

2 hours ago, iantjambo said:

It’s not Andy Murray’s fault that you’ve agreed to work free of charge.

:laugh2:

5 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

I think I'm right in saying that only 13 players have spent more time in the number one spot than him in the open era, so 50 years. The 14th best tennis player globally in 50 years.

2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I've got someone on Twitter claiming top 10 of all time.

FFS :lol:

I think it is 14th in the Open era in terms of tournament wins.

2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I've got someone on Twitter claiming top 10 of all time.

FFS :lol:

Can you name 10 better? I can't but tbf I couldn't give 2 shits about tennis...maybe that explains the folk you've seen coming out with it :lol:

Murray’s won multiple Slams and tournaments along with being ranked number 1 in the world in an era that included the three best players of all time. To pretend he hasn’t achieved much or he’s not an all time great himself is silly.

A world class athlete, who grew up in a small village in our country and became number 1 in the world at his profession, won tournament's during an era where the top 3 players ever were at their peak. Yet, miserable Scotsmen still find ways to criticise him ?

Who said we were a negative country?!

22 hours ago, JyTees said:

Sad news indeed, but not unexpected. It was a privilege to watch him at his peak. Put tennis back on the map in Britain and made many a Scotsman burst with pride. Hopefully we'll benefit from his legacy and we won't need to wait 70 odd years for the next one.

Unfortunately, tennis tournaments will be boring again.

Put tennis back for britain and made a Scotsman burst with pride, get it right!!!  

Alba Gu Brath

3 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I suppose this means Murray Mound will revert to Henman Hill. :sob:

We were talking about this at work today, and 1 thing came up, a commentator called it murrays field. I thought that was excellent. Beats all other names for the area in my opinion.

7 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

I've often wondered whether "Man-size" tissues are so called because they're designed for mopping up jism.

(wrong thread, I know)

Here speaks a man who has no ambition.

Ambition?!?! Overrated.

11 hours ago, Placid Casual said:

Hobby? It’s his life passion, the sport he has worked very hard at all his life.

You’re at it.

I love the big Scots git. But in good auld Scottish fashion, he deserves to be slaughtered for greetin like a big wean. He's been tremendous and it's glorious that a Scotsman has won the English holy grail. Incidentally, I haven't watched any tennis since his injury.  I'll miss him but, come on.

:42:  

Edited by ri Alban

Governor Tarkin
23 hours ago, JyTees said:

Sad news indeed, but not unexpected. It was a privilege to watch him at his peak. Put tennis back on the map in Britain and made many a Scotsman burst with pride. Hopefully we'll benefit from his legacy and we won't need to wait 70 odd years for the next one.

Unfortunately, tennis tournaments will be boring again.

:greatpost:

Governor Tarkin
12 hours ago, Peebo said:

I'll remember this post if we have a Christmas/New Year awards thread this year.

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

:greatpost:

A guid ABE, that's all that count.

Edited by ri Alban