Smart Watches

hughesie27

Thinking about getting one of these soon but having never looked at thrm before I'm not sure where to start.

Apple Watches are out though as I am a Samsung Galaxy phone user.

I've seen a few decent looking ones like the Galaxy Watch however it's hard to find any that support Messenger/FB.

Any tips?

Are you going to want it to cover off things like running, cycling and other sports or is it purely for the standard being able to take calls and notifications and the odd steps and pulse ?

50 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Are you going to want it to cover off things like running, cycling and other sports or is it purely for the standard being able to take calls and notifications and the odd steps and pulse ?

Would primarily be getting it to track fitness things but also capable of the notifications.

41 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I’m not a fan. I have a I watch couldn’t tell you last time it was on, I’m fact not even sure I could tell you where it was.

i just didn’t really get it, it was just a way to essentially be linked to your phone. I just found if wanted to do anything just used phone. So it was a waste of time and money. 

Also don’t think they’re are aesthetically  pleasing and didn’t like being even more attached to my phone than I already am.

Plus im not sure about lifespan off them either.

Which one did you buy? 

I've never been a watch wearer but a guy in my work got one over christmas and it looks a lot more handy and useful than I imagined.

Got a Garmin 735 over Christmas and it’s been brilliant so far - the app it connects to on your phone has tonnes of information

Also get WhatsApp and Message notifications through I should add. 

Edited by King prawn

Dean Winchester

Fitbit Ionic for me. Love it for what I need it to do - track my pulse, exercise activities (including swimming) and controlling music.

Pretty sure it can receive notifications for any push notification sent to your phone but not entirely sure what this looks like on the watch as it's not something I use.

Galaxy watch. Hands down.

You sound like you want an all rounder rather than a really specific fitness based one. I've had a gear fit 2 for 2 years and it's great. By all accounts everything it can do the galaxy watch can and more (I've not had the galaxy watch long enough to really comment on it from my perspective). It also looks infinitely better than the Apple watch and the rotating bezel is brilliant.

I was adamant I would never get a smart watch as wouldn’t have it replace various watches I have.

I used to use a basic Fitbit flex for measuring steps/swimming etc. But after losing multiple ones when out running I gave in to a smart watch. 

I Do do not regret it. It really has improved my awareness of calories burned each day, I feel it’s much more accurate for cardio calories. I am a bit competitive so enjoy the notifications to push yourself to achieve monthly challenges etc. Lost over a stone in first few months of having one. It’s an Apple 3 services I have.

While I do miss wearing my other watches, equally they are not getting scratched/straps worn as quickly since not wearing them to work and more used when out socially. 

I tried two. Right pain in the rear. Taking it off for charging all the time etc. Went back to a normal one, it's a meh from me :(

Don't see the point in them. Fine if it is used for tracking fitness but why would anyone need to be constantly online. If I need to check an online account I use my phone. Another reason why I would never buy one is that I am jinxed when it comes to watches.

Captain Sausage

I’ve got a Garmin Forerunner 235. It’s brilliant as I’m quite active and cycle/run/play football 3-4 times a week so the GPS and HRM are really useful for me. 

1 hour ago, Captain Sausage said:

I’ve got a Garmin Forerunner 235. It’s brilliant as I’m quite active and cycle/run/play football 3-4 times a week so the GPS and HRM are really useful for me. 

Got one of them too. Great watch.

Still waiting for one with GPS and a music player which looks like a normal watch. Think these'll come along next year, probably...

Everybody Loves Baz!

I have the Gears S3 which is linked to my watch. I use it for all types of things, but mainly to act as a range finder on the Golf Course.

The bezel function is a piece of piss to use, but you can't use messenger from FB yet??I don't think??

I definitely don't use it to it's full potential though....pity.