Dawnrazor

Salmond wins his judicial review.

Boris
8 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Perhaps it’s just living in Scotland that exposes you more to the SNP supporters (some on here seem to support the SNP more than Hearts) than the hardline Conservatives. 

I tend to avoid media opinion because it is exactly that. Opinion. The paranoia that surrounds party politics just now is actually quite frightening. 

The SNP are a strange thing, IMO.  Personally, I think Sturgeon is one of the best politicians in the entire UK, and their policies are by and large centre/leftish, so that's ok with me.  But the "evangelical" Nats are a pain in the arse.  As, I suppose, are all evangelical politicos.

Agree regards the media and the zealotry now associated with party politics.

Phil Dunphy
30 minutes ago, Boris said:

The SNP are a strange thing, IMO.  Personally, I think Sturgeon is one of the best politicians in the entire UK, and their policies are by and large centre/leftish, so that's ok with me.  But the "evangelical" Nats are a pain in the arse.  As, I suppose, are all evangelical politicos.

Agree regards the media and the zealotry now associated with party politics.

It’s the swathes of people who either respond with “WELL WHO DID YOU VOTE FOR THEN?!?” or just assume that because you disagree with one policy, it leaves you open to labelling and open derision that leave me worried for the future of party politics. 

smallfaces
1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:

It’s the swathes of people who either respond with “WELL WHO DID YOU VOTE FOR THEN?!?” or just assume that because you disagree with one policy, it leaves you open to labelling and open derision that leave me worried for the future of party politics. 

True. As Boris said, it's all or nothing, evangelical posturing.

UK politics is assuming an American style of personality cult politics which is divisive and dispiriting. 

Phil Dunphy
12 minutes ago, smallfaces said:

True. As Boris said, it's all or nothing, evangelical posturing.

UK politics is assuming an American style of personality cult politics which is divisive and dispiriting. 

I blame the relative anonymity of social media and online message boards. There’s no chance anyone would call someone else ‘Tory scum’ in a face-to-face scenario (unless backed by a large group) or use terms like ‘CyberNat’ or ‘Yoon’. 

Even more worryingly is people people refusing to associate with someone who voted differently to them, because it removes all possibility of reasoned debate among peers. I’ve got friends who voted ‘Yes’, I’ve friends who voted Tory and I’ve other friends who voted Leave. It doesn’t change my view on those people because we share a different political outlook. It’s all very dangerous. 

EDIT: I respect the views of those people I mentioned, I’ve had plenty debates with them over why they vote the way they do, but the one thing I don’t do (that loads of complete oddballs do) is make up lies about how I’ve managed to turn people against their ideology. Because it’s nothing more than grandstanding. And no-one’s buying it. 

Edited by Phil Dunphy

Boris
2 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Don't disagree. Same thing happened down south especially when Corbyn took the helm at Labour. 

doctor jambo
11 minutes ago, Boris said:

Don't disagree. Same thing happened down south especially when Corbyn took the helm at Labour. 

Problem with Corbyn is he is both an utter fud of a man and his policies are crap also

Mikey1874

This sort of thing suggests it's a power battle. Salmond coup? 

Trapper John McIntyre

For Jack D

Dw5kfNxWoAYb7Um.jpg

Dawnrazor
21 minutes ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

For Jack D

Dw5kfNxWoAYb7Um.jpg

😂 

Trapper John McIntyre

Dw5Eo8XWoAAMgSR.jpg

Mikey1874

Tit for tat

Or a clever diversion? 
Edited by Mikey1874

Hunky Dory
17 hours ago, Thunderstruck said:

Re the topic of the thread, your guys keep lobbing in easy balls which have been dispatched beyond the boundary with flourishes reminiscent of the Big Bash League.  No point in your bottom lip getting bent out of shape with self-inflicted injuries. 

That aside... 

‘Disastrous implications surrounding Brexit’. 

How is your detailed plan for independence with costs and benefits, risks and rewards coming along? 

Still going with ‘shoot first and ask questions later’?

Everyone worth their salt have stipulated that upon leaving the EU, the country will inevitably experience negative outcomes - bar Thunderstruck, who clings to the bow as the ship slowly sinks.

Hunky Dory
14 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

Personally, I vote for which ever party best represents what I want at any given time.

I don't support a "party" as such. Blind party support always seems a bit mad!

There are people who would vote SNP no matter what they were saying and that has replaced the blind loyalty to Labour that used to afflict Scotland.

Look at the leader and the policies- then  vote.

I'd agree with all of that.  I'm an ex-Labour voter who has voted for the Lib Dems, contributes financially to the Green party as they match my politics, and a member of the SNP.  I'm not tied to one party and affected by blind loyalties.

I back the SNP now as they promote a positive vision of Scotland.  They have politicians in Westminster campaigning effectively to surrender their jobs if an iScotland is achieved.  After Brexit, if there was a chance of Scotland flourishing as England slowly deteriorates, would Davidson and Mundell etc. make moves to defend Scotlands interests, or would they tow the party line and ensure that Scotland suffers alongside them.

To go back to the original topic conversation, it's another attempted smear.  It's not "cultish" to ignore it or deny it, they've became such a regular occurrence that when presented, SNP supporters are naturally skeptical.

Hunky Dory
13 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

This, folks, is why you shouldn’t treat a political

party like a football team. 

Offering it unwavering support, no matter what anyone within that party is up to. 

There's that, and then there's what most of us are currently doing.  Waiting for available information, investigations to be completed, conversations to be finalized etc.

This thread is full of unionists like yourself creaming over an apparent "civil war."  All on the back of unsourced claims, allegations, and statements by politically motivated individuals.

Thunderstruck
35 minutes ago, Hunky Dory said:

Everyone worth their salt have stipulated that upon leaving the EU, the country will inevitably experience negative outcomes - bar Thunderstruck, who clings to the bow as the ship slowly sinks.

Wrong again. I voted to ‘Remain’.

Why? No need, no plan, no idea of the outcomes, no concern for those that lose from it. The comparison with your vision for independence could not be more stark. 

ri Alban
15 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I blame the relative anonymity of social media and online message boards. There’s no chance anyone would call someone else ‘Tory scum’ in a face-to-face scenario (unless backed by a large group) or use terms like ‘CyberNat’ or ‘Yoon’. 

Do you want to bet. 

Edited by ri Alban

ri Alban
8 hours ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

For Jack D

Dw5kfNxWoAYb7Um.jpg

The Scotsman too busy Trapper ,oh sorry Sir Trapper.

ri Alban
4 hours ago, Thunderstruck said:

Wrong again. I voted to ‘Remain’.

Why? No need, no plan, no idea of the outcomes, no concern for those that lose from it. The comparison with your vision for independence could not be more stark. 

Bollox.

Phil Dunphy
8 hours ago, Hunky Dory said:

unionists like yourself

Case in point folks. 

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Do you want to bet. 

Yes. There’s no danger you’ll cut about behaving like you do on here. 

Thunderstruck
3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Bollox.

As ever, your considered input is most valuable. 

Mikey1874
10 hours ago, Hunky Dory said:

To go back to the original topic conversation, it's another attempted smear.  It's not "cultish" to ignore it or deny it, they've became such a regular occurrence that when presented, SNP supporters are naturally skeptical.

The women complaining that Salmond sexually harassed them are smearing him? 

SE16 3LN
41 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The women complaining that Salmond sexually harassed them are smearing him? 

That appears to be the party line. I think its highly unlikely that there will be any prosecution but high risk approach regardless.

coconut doug
4 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

That appears to be the party line. I think its highly unlikely that there will be any prosecution but high risk approach regardless.

Have you got any quote from anybody in the party that has suggested that the complainants are trying to smear Salmond or are you just deliberately misrepresenting the situation?

maroonlegions
On 14/01/2019 at 14:00, doctor jambo said:

Problem with Corbyn is he is both an utter fud of a man and his policies are crap also

Wanting a better deal for those suffering extreme poverty or hardship, better housing polices , and in all  polices that have at heart a  better deal for the punters at the bottom.

Pure fud with greedy selfserving polices at heart.

Next he will be making sure that wealth creation  and its distrubution  is always on the upward spiral to the 1%. 

Problem with those that serve themselves is that they hate people like Corbyn, the nasty  loony lefty that threatens their obscene greed.

:smugger:

doctor jambo
6 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Wanting a better deal for those suffering extreme poverty or hardship, better housing polices , and in all  polices that have at heart a  better deal for the punters at the bottom.

Pure fud with greedy selfserving polices at heart.

Next he will be making sure that wealth creation  and its distrubution  is always on the upward spiral to the 1%. 

Problem with those that serve themselves is that they hate people like Corbyn, the nasty  loony lefty that threatens their obscene greed.

:smugger:

NOt sure how he intends to create wealth, nor how he will buck the trend that all his model countries have found- that his kind of policies cause a collapse in economic output, and the fall into poverty of nearly everyone.

We would all be equal, sure- but not in a good way.

Not even sure what obscene greed is.

I guess it is to the left what utter fecklessness is to the right

coconut doug
5 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

NOt sure how he intends to create wealth, nor how he will buck the trend that all his model countries have found- that his kind of policies cause a collapse in economic output, and the fall into poverty of nearly everyone.

Which "model countries"?

maroonlegions
6 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Poverty of nearly EVERYONE.:lol:

Would that include those that are NOT suffering poverty IN WORK  and not visiting food banks, nurses included.

Politics in the UK  has become a US game show, someone manifests to challenge the obscene unfairness on the game show that is the ever growing gap between the rich and poor and faces a unfair media,(BBC), witch hunt made up of lies and  a snidey cowardly smear campaign, in which the BBC has been exposed for and admitted.

There is no fair middle ground in politics now, full of the self serving corporate  elect. 

Mikey1874
19 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

You invest in people and communities. Not just those with the ready advantages.

Plenty more wealth to be created giving people opportunities, building up their skills, confidence etc. 

doctor jambo
9 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Poverty of nearly EVERYONE.:lol:

Would that include those that are NOT suffering poverty IN WORK  and not visiting food banks, nurses included.

Politics in the UK  has become a US game show, someone manifests to challenge the obscene unfairness on the game show that is the ever growing gap between the rich and poor and faces a unfair media,(BBC), witch hunt made up of lies and  a snidey cowardly smear campaign, in which the BBC has been exposed for and admitted.

There is no fair middle ground in politics now, full of the self serving corporate  elect. 

The nurse foodbank thing is balls

SE16 3LN
3 hours ago, coconut doug said:

Have you got any quote from anybody in the party that has suggested that the complainants are trying to smear Salmond or are you just deliberately misrepresenting the situation?

I'm responding to quotes from people on here. Which planet are you insulting me from today coconut?

coconut doug
23 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

I'm responding to quotes from people on here. Which planet are you insulting me from today coconut?

Doesn't really matter which planet i'm on, it seems you cannot substantiate your claim that the SNP are smearing the complainants and so i conclude that you are deliberately misrepresenting the situation.

I'm not insulting you either i'm merely asking for evidence to support your claim. I'm not aware that i have insulted you previously either. The fact that you may or may not be responding to quotes from others is not relevant in deciding whether you are smearing the SNP or not. 

SE16 3LN
15 hours ago, coconut doug said:

Doesn't really matter which planet i'm on, it seems you cannot substantiate your claim that the SNP are smearing the complainants and so i conclude that you are deliberately misrepresenting the situation.

I'm not insulting you either i'm merely asking for evidence to support your claim. I'm not aware that i have insulted you previously either. The fact that you may or may not be responding to quotes from others is not relevant in deciding whether you are smearing the SNP or not. 

What I say on here will not smear the SNP, it may be critical of their supporters views. Cheerio

coconut doug
9 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

What I say on here will not smear the SNP, it may be critical of their supporters views. Cheerio

So when you say the SNP are smearing the complainants regarding Salmond, you consider that to be fact. Problem is you cannot produce any evidence to support your claim and so it is nothing more than another baseless smear.

You were not talking about about supporters views you were talking about "party line".

Roxy Hearts
1 hour ago, coconut doug said:

So when you say the SNP are smearing the complainants regarding Salmond, you consider that to be fact. Problem is you cannot produce any evidence to support your claim and so it is nothing more than another baseless smear.

You were not talking about about supporters views you were talking about "party line".

No voters are insular and shallow IMO. Never think outside the box types. Do my nut in!