ri Alban

Six Nations 2019

Barack
1 minute ago, The Bookkeeper said:

Guid prediction for today :rofl:

Not sure if the French getting emptied like that was good news or bad news for Scotland. Can see them make plenty changes and with backs against the wall they might be far more dangerous than they would have been.

Tell me about it.

Ulysses

England showing some momentum, just ahead of the World Cup.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

England looked really good yesterday.

just an aside though - that try from Farrell late on was a blatant knock on. It’s amazing the number of dodgy TMO decisions England get when they play at Twickenham. 

The Old Tolbooth

England always seem to peak right before a World Cup, I fancy them for the Grand Slam now as the only side I can see stopping them would be Wales, and that's a big ask. Only New Zealand are better than England right now in World rugby. 

ri Alban
12 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

England always seem to peak right before a World Cup, I fancy them for the Grand Slam now as the only side I can see stopping them would be Wales, and that's a big ask. Only New Zealand are better than England right now in World rugby. 

They're good, but they're not that good. Scotland will do them.

Mikey1874

as suspected 're why TMO not used for Hogg foul play incident

Edited by Mikey1874

The Old Tolbooth
4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

They're good, but they're not that good. Scotland will do them.

I'd like to believe that, but we really won't do them at Twickenham, we haven't won there since the early 80's when we had a very good team, the self belief when we go away from home is non existent, and we've went backwards under Toony. 

ri Alban
5 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I'd like to believe that, but we really won't do them at Twickenham, we haven't won there since the early 80's when we had a very good team, the self belief when we go away from home is non existent, and we've went backwards under Toony. 

I can dream. 😄

Adam Murray

Stuart Hogg out for the rest of the tournament

Barack
39 minutes ago, Adam Murray said:

Super.

ri Alban
8 hours ago, Adam Murray said:

He's quite brittle the boy. Made of chocolate.

Mikey1874
9 hours ago, Adam Murray said:

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

He's quite brittle the boy. Made of chocolate.

He's recovered pretty well from injuries previously quicker than expected. Rugby is pretty brutal these days. 

Victorian

The TMO system works really well in rugby and the nature and dynamics of the game are well suited to the reviewing process.    By and large it works.     But in a game where very little is missed,    it's quite remarkable how often Scotland has fallen victim to rare lapses.      

Mikey1874
15 minutes ago, Victorian said:

The TMO system works really well in rugby and the nature and dynamics of the game are well suited to the reviewing process.    By and large it works.     But in a game where very little is missed,    it's quite remarkable how often Scotland has fallen victim to rare lapses.      

Referees were specifically asked just before the 6 Nations not to use the TMO unless absolutely necessary. 

Victorian
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Referees were specifically asked just before the 6 Nations not to use the TMO unless absolutely necessary. 

Interesting decision.    The referee can't see everything of course.     Setting some kind of embargo on the use of it can really only lead to an inherent,  subjective flaw in the system.     The TMO is much better placed to review things not immediately picked up by the referee and to proactively alert the referee to either discuss over the mic or review on screen.

It was working very well for the most part.    Limiting referees' use of it will lead to inconsistency and subjective errors.     

Taffin
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

I guess in that instance it was absolutely necessary as foul play occurred and the ref made the wrong decision.

Seymour M Hersh
11 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Which leaves the massive problem of referees making subjective calls on necessity.

ri Alban
13 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

He's recovered pretty well from injuries previously quicker than expected. Rugby is pretty brutal these days. 

I hope so, because he's world class.

ri Alban
1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Which leaves the massive problem of referees making subjective calls on necessity.

Which means the diddie teams get nothing.

Mikey1874

Gregor Townsend has complained about the Hogg incident and says should have been looked at from the try. 

Harry Potter

Looking at tickets for the England  Scotland game, prices from 400 to 800 pounds.

Whats that all about, seem to charge what they want, mind you if folk pay the prices

they will still charge this .

For the record , i have no interest in going, could buy 2 top of the range golf clubs for that money.