Jump to content
ri Alban

Six Nations 2019

Recommended Posts

Barack
1 minute ago, The Bookkeeper said:

 

 

Guid prediction for today :rofl:

 

Not sure if the French getting emptied like that was good news or bad news for Scotland. Can see them make plenty changes and with backs against the wall they might be far more dangerous than they would have been.

Tell me about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ulysses

England showing some momentum, just ahead of the World Cup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dusk_Till_Dawn

England looked really good yesterday.

 

just an aside though - that try from Farrell late on was a blatant knock on. It’s amazing the number of dodgy TMO decisions England get when they play at Twickenham. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Old Tolbooth

England always seem to peak right before a World Cup, I fancy them for the Grand Slam now as the only side I can see stopping them would be Wales, and that's a big ask. Only New Zealand are better than England right now in World rugby. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
12 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

England always seem to peak right before a World Cup, I fancy them for the Grand Slam now as the only side I can see stopping them would be Wales, and that's a big ask. Only New Zealand are better than England right now in World rugby. 

They're good, but they're not that good. Scotland will do them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874

as suspected 're why TMO not used for Hogg foul play incident

 

 

 

Edited by Mikey1874

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Old Tolbooth
4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

They're good, but they're not that good. Scotland will do them.

 

I'd like to believe that, but we really won't do them at Twickenham, we haven't won there since the early 80's when we had a very good team, the self belief when we go away from home is non existent, and we've went backwards under Toony. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
5 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

 

I'd like to believe that, but we really won't do them at Twickenham, we haven't won there since the early 80's when we had a very good team, the self belief when we go away from home is non existent, and we've went backwards under Toony. 

I can dream. 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Adam Murray

Stuart Hogg out for the rest of the tournament

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Barack
39 minutes ago, Adam Murray said:

Stuart Hogg out for the rest of the tournament

Super.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
8 hours ago, Adam Murray said:

Stuart Hogg out for the rest of the tournament

He's quite brittle the boy. Made of chocolate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874
9 hours ago, Adam Murray said:

Stuart Hogg out for the rest of the tournament

 

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

He's quite brittle the boy. Made of chocolate.

 

He's recovered pretty well from injuries previously quicker than expected. Rugby is pretty brutal these days. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Victorian

The TMO system works really well in rugby and the nature and dynamics of the game are well suited to the reviewing process.    By and large it works.     But in a game where very little is missed,    it's quite remarkable how often Scotland has fallen victim to rare lapses.      

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874
15 minutes ago, Victorian said:

The TMO system works really well in rugby and the nature and dynamics of the game are well suited to the reviewing process.    By and large it works.     But in a game where very little is missed,    it's quite remarkable how often Scotland has fallen victim to rare lapses.      

 

 

 

Referees were specifically asked just before the 6 Nations not to use the TMO unless absolutely necessary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Victorian
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

 

Referees were specifically asked just before the 6 Nations not to use the TMO unless absolutely necessary. 

 

Interesting decision.    The referee can't see everything of course.     Setting some kind of embargo on the use of it can really only lead to an inherent,  subjective flaw in the system.     The TMO is much better placed to review things not immediately picked up by the referee and to proactively alert the referee to either discuss over the mic or review on screen.

 

It was working very well for the most part.    Limiting referees' use of it will lead to inconsistency and subjective errors.     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taffin
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

 

Referees were specifically asked just before the 6 Nations not to use the TMO unless absolutely necessary. 

 

 

I guess in that instance it was absolutely necessary as foul play occurred and the ref made the wrong decision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seymour M Hersh
11 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

 

Referees were specifically asked just before the 6 Nations not to use the TMO unless absolutely necessary. 

 

Which leaves the massive problem of referees making subjective calls on necessity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
13 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

 

 

He's recovered pretty well from injuries previously quicker than expected. Rugby is pretty brutal these days. 

 

 

I hope so, because he's world class.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

 

Which leaves the massive problem of referees making subjective calls on necessity.

Which means the diddie teams get nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874

Gregor Townsend has complained about the Hogg incident and says should have been looked at from the try. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Potter

Looking at tickets for the England  Scotland game, prices from 400 to 800 pounds.

Whats that all about, seem to charge what they want, mind you if folk pay the prices

they will still charge this .

For the record , i have no interest in going, could buy 2 top of the range golf clubs for that money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×