Six Nations 2019

ri Alban

10 hours ago, graygo said:

Worth a wee bump.

What a result that was. Well deserved on second half performance. Now to **** it up v Scotland 

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• letsalldothebeattie

• Victorian

Captain Sausage
2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Nae GS for anyone this year. Scotland will do the ? shaggers.

Hope you are right. ?

How much did we miss Russell and Hogg btw? 

1 minute ago, Captain Sausage said:

Hope you are right. ?

How much did we miss Russell and Hogg btw? 

And a few others. Hopefully the real Scotland will be appearing in the World Cup.

Captain Sausage
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

And a few others. Hopefully the real Scotland will be appearing in the World Cup.

Aye, missing Barclay, Watson, Wilson, Nel, Russell, Bennet, Jones - that’s half of our starting team (no doubt I’ve missed others)

1 minute ago, Captain Sausage said:

Aye, missing Barclay, Watson, Wilson, Nel, Russell, Bennet, Jones - that’s half of our starting team (no doubt I’ve missed others)

What happened to big Ritchie? I've not seen or heard about him for a while. Injured, or just bad form?

Captain Sausage
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

What happened to big Ritchie? I've not seen or heard about him for a while. Injured, or just bad form?

Think he played the full 80 yesterday!

edit: Lord Richie Gray I guess you mean...he only came back from like 6 months out 4 weeks ago. So deservedly not in the squad. 

Edited by Captain Sausage

25 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

edit: Lord Richie Gray I guess you mean...he only came back from like 6 months out 4 weeks ago. So deservedly not in the squad. 

Cheers ? I like the big man.

16 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

One of the all time great tries by Wales. 

The patience and build up play. 

Absolutely magnificent against one of the fiercest defences you'll see. The skill and discipline involved in keeping it going for 34 stages. Inverdale could only look on with awe - i thought we might have had the whole 34 shown again at full time but speeded up.

Captain Sausage
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Cheers ? I like the big man.

Me too, but Gilchrist, Toolis, Jonny Gray, Swindon all ahead of him at the moment. 

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

And Vern Cotter.

Yep.

Too scared of losing Townsend to England or France or both for 4 or 5 seasons.

Where he would have made enough money to fully set him up for life, learn even more about their games and come back as Scotland coach and all the better educated for it.

Good one SRU.

4 hours ago, Captain Sausage said:

richie gray played during the week for his club side so is just getting back

The Bookkeeper
On 23/02/2019 at 09:38, ri Alban said:

Scotland are gonnae get humped here. Get Toonie Tae feck.

Its been the usual story. 2nd rate and 2nd best. Predicted after the Italy win it would be our only victory and its looking very likely now. Away from home we are fodder to the better teams. 

Edited by The Bookkeeper

1 hour ago, The Bookkeeper said:

Its been the usual story. 2nd rate and 2nd best. Predicted after the Italy win it would be our only victory and its looking very likely now. Away from home we are fodder to the better teams. 

All the improvement and promise created by Vern has gone. Back to being also rans. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
5 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Wooden spoon is on. 

When they said Scotland were real contenders this season, what they really meant was contenders for the wooden spoon again :)

Jambo, Goodbye

Ahh, the annual disappointment of the 6 nations. 

There's always next year to big themselves up again. 

• 2 weeks later...
All roads lead to Gorgie
16 minutes ago, Boof said:

Just noticed Jake Ball coming on for Wales. Sounds a bit Hibby to me ??

? Scotland playing like a bunch of Jakeballs though. ? 

Hopeless so far under Townsend. 

4 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

? Scotland playing like a bunch of Jakeballs though. ? 

Hopeless so far under Townsend. 

We've regressed massively under Townsend.

Unlucky with ref decisions again though.

I count 3 forward passes missed so far.  One at the 1st try.     Yet someone else intervened to alert the ref to a neck roll by a Scotland player.    The usual inconsistent  shite.    Having to make a change every 5 minutes as well.

Roxy Hearts
3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I count 3 forward passes missed so far.  One at the 1st try.     Yet someone else intervened to alert the ref to a neck roll by a Scotland player.    The usual inconsistent  shite.    Having to make a change every 5 minutes as well.

That's shocking how the bloody linesman missed the forward pass for first try. He was watching it! 

17 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Yet folk endlessly talk about how great the rugby reffing is. Yes, the respect etc is better but the consistency of decisions is every bit as bad as football. Maybe worse.

We are hopeless though. It's like we've gone right back to the very start of the Cotter reign. Endless errors, poor and ponderous decision making and constant penalities given away.

A couple of years ago I live watching us. We were dynamic, exciting and felt like we were genuinely growing into a real competitor at the too end of the game. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
17 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

That's shocking how the bloody linesman missed the forward pass for first try. He was watching it! 

It wasn't even marginal. A metre forward at least. ?

Very spirited 2nd half but the accuracy wasn't there.    Scotland are not as clinical as they need to be.    Wales are battle hardened and almost impossible to break down.     

I think Townsend's philiosophy is to attack in the open.    They don't have the cohesion and skill to play a more disciplined attack through the phases.    There's almost always a fumble or some other error.

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Much better second half but looks like another loss where really, we should have won.

Plenty opportunities but we lacked the physical prowess to break through. Any decent team with those opportunities would have scored a couple of tries. We just don't have the cutting edge that is required to make any impact in this tournament. 

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Thought at half time we were going to be embarassed, feels more cruel this way (like the Celtic game last week). Typical hard luck Scottish story. 

Most annoying thing is that Gatland leaves with a 100% record against us in 10 six nations games and the doddie weir game in the autumn 

8 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Plenty opportunities but we lacked the physical prowess to break through. Any decent team with those opportunities would have scored a couple of tries. We just don't have the cutting edge that is required to make any impact in this tournament. 

Yeh, it's more frustrating than anything. Knocking at the door but just devoid of getting through.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
27 minutes ago, Homme said:

Standard Scottish 6 nations. Beat Italy and suffer defeats to everyone else. 

Boring. 

To be fair that hasn’t been the standard since 2014 ( and the whitewash in 2015) since then we’ve been improving and managed 3 wins in each of the last two 6 nations, and beat everyone at least once in that period.

Unfortunately we have regressed ? 

9 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Imagine punting Vern Cotter for big tattie heid Townsend. The SRU deserve what they get. 

A shocking decision!

Currently ranked 7th in world. Beaten narrowly by 3rd ranked team with the help of a forward pass (and 5 or 6 of our best players out) including one of the worlds best full back, taken out illegally by the worlds 2nd ranked team, on the way to a defeat, where 'til half time, we'd been the stronger team.

Fine margins in top flight rugby.Don't think Scotland are far away from rising up the rankings.

The Mighty Thor

Townsend is spunking away one of the most promising groups of Scottish players in years. 

He manages like he played. One good one in 10 and red rotten the rest of the time. 

1 hour ago, felix said:

Currently ranked 7th in world. Beaten narrowly by 3rd ranked team with the help of a forward pass (and 5 or 6 of our best players out) including one of the worlds best full back, taken out illegally by the worlds 2nd ranked team, on the way to a defeat, where 'til half time, we'd been the stronger team.

Fine margins in top flight rugby.Don't think Scotland are far away from rising up the rankings.

Not under Townsend Imo. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

The Irish players seem to put their bodies on the line more than the Scots. They just look more passionate when playing and that can be said about the Welsh as well, how many times did they push us back yesterday through pure effort and commitment to their cause!

59 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Not under Townsend Imo. 

We'll agree to differ.

If we had a fully fit Hogg on the pitch yesterday; we'd have won imo.

Instead we had a stand-off playing full back and a scrum-half playing winger - on top of all the other injuries.

That's not Townsend's fault.

I'd  judge him after the World Cup.

On 09/02/2019 at 17:35, Barack said:

Wales' smart-arse 10 changes, not looking so smart atm.

Should still have enough to win by 20+ once Italy tire. If they don't get a BP though, that's a big failure.

On 09/02/2019 at 18:38, Barack said:

No bonus point for Wales.

Hopefully Gatland's ego, means Wales lose out on the 6 Nation's by that solitary lost point.

Can't wait until he's gone. Arrogant twat.

And amazingly Wales could win the Grand Slam but lose the Championship. 

https://www.sixnationsrugby.com/table/

Wales need to beat Ireland with bonus point to stop England catching them.