17, 000 soldiers

ri Alban

Harry Potter
15 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I heard on the BBC news this morning. Must be true.

A very difficult job bud, not sure about the figures maybe this has been a total over a certain time, 

still high though.

2 hours ago, Thunderstruck said:

Must be a slow news day if Daily Mail headlines from last April are being regurgitated. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5655093/British-army-17-000-troops-unfit-fight-theatres.html

Who cares how long ago it was, it was 10, 000 4 years ago.  And will be 20, 000 by 2021. It needs to be addressed, whether it's accurate or even half the number.

God you don't half go out your way to fake news for the government.

Harry Potter
17 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Who cares how long ago it was, it was 10, 000 4 years ago.  And will be 20, 000 by 2021. It needs to be addressed, whether it's accurate or even half the number.

You started the thread bud, no need to rip in to other posters with a different angle on your opening post.

Thats the point of this forum to discuss.

3 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

You started the thread bud, no need to rip in to other posters with a different angle on your opening post.

Thats the point of this forum to discuss.

He does it all the time Hazza. Everything is lies, unless it suits his political stance.

I only wanted to know if anyone knew what was behind the number. Or if there was a more accurate account.  

Harry Potter
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

He does it all the time Hazza. Everything is lies, unless it suits his political stance.

I only wanted to know if anyone knew what was behind the number. Or if there was a more accurate account.  

Hazza , like that, think most bend the facts on their politics bud, anyway even if its a lot less, still too many .

Just now, Harry Potter said:

Hazza , like that, think most bend the facts on their politics bud, anyway even if its a lot less, still too many .

?

Governor Tarkin
6 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

:rofl:

5 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

:rofl:

Yes, I'm a hypocrite, but I'm fair when it's due.

Edited by ri Alban

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Yes, I'm a hypocrite, but I'm fair when it's due.

I know :thumb:

Thunderstruck
5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Clearly, you don’t care about checking what you read or hear despite you now claiming that you only wanted to know ‘what was behind the numbers’ or ‘if there was a more accurate account’. It seems safe to assume that you didn’t bother to read the link I posted.

Are you aware that, for example, something like a minor op for a hernia or a twisted knee ligament or a torn hamstring or a broken bone in a foot will render someone ‘temporarily unfit to undertake their full range of duties’. 

Note the word ‘temporarily’.   

Have you ever suffered injuries that rendered you temporarily unfit to do your job?