Livingston Cup Dot Count

Mikey1874

been here before
11 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Funny guy

Now this could go wrong but....

I'm funny how? I mean funny, like I'm a clown? I amuse you?  I make you laugh? I'm here to ****in' amuse you? What do you mean funny? 

Edited by been here before

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• The Treasurer

• luckydug

• Clerry Jambo

Shanks said no
On 11/01/2019 at 23:26, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Got mine in the Gorgie stand 

Fortunately I got mine in section T, will you have your long range camera with you?

Shanks said no
On 11/01/2019 at 23:26, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Got mine in the Gorgie stand 

Fortunately I got mine in section T, will you have your long range camera with you?

August Landmesser
17 hours ago, been here before said:

Cool for parking, places to eat, shoe shops and the like?

:gok:

Get that Wheatfield Stand opened and start selling from the centre out.

That way the TV cameras will not only have a full Gorgie and Main Stands to look out on there will be people underneath them .

They are going to have to open the Wheatfield anyway so might as well give people almost a full week to buy.

I expect around 12K all included for this match.

Still disappointing but seems the way it is for cup matches everywhere these days.

Still shitloads left in the Gorgie, so we’re heading for a sub 10k attendance at this rate.  Club have dropped the ball here.  Should have opened the main and the Wheatfield as clearly those who sit in the Wheatfield have been holding out for their own seats.  Cash gates galore next Sunday!

20 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Still shitloads left in the Gorgie, so we’re heading for a sub 10k attendance at this rate.  Club have dropped the ball here.  Should have opened the main and the Wheatfield as clearly those who sit in the Wheatfield have been holding out for their own seats.  Cash gates galore next Sunday!

The talk was that TV broadcasters had wanted the Main stand and Gorgie opened to look better on TV.

Another sign of the times when TV companies are dictating operational procedures to clubs.

I agree Main and Wheatfield stands should have been open from the start. 

That way nobody would be left having to purchase an inferior seat to what they are used to.

portobellojambo1
On 10/01/2019 at 13:22, soonbe110 said:

So a fan that, for whatever reason, can only attend one of three cup ties prior to semi yet attends 15 away league games is a lower priority than a fan who only attends two cup ties?

Apologies for the delay in replying, just been reading through the thread for the first time since I posted. In terms of the sort of people you refer to I would expect someone who has gone to virtually all of the away games (15) to be in the initial sale period, as they would already have sufficient loyalty points in place. What I suggesting was more to cover those who are always looking for tickets for the likes of cup finals. What I was sugggesting is rather than go from initial sales to those with enough loyalty points direct to a general sale a second step is put in place to look at those people who have attended cup ties before going direct to a general sale. I think the recent league cup semi final versus Celtic at Murrayfield did show the danger of going direct to general sale when the priority is just getting rid of tickets. There were a number of fans at that semi final who have been barred from Tynecastle for a while, some for years and also more than the odd Rangers fans with tickets for the home stands. It was just a thought on my part, i.e. that those who don't go to games regularly but had attended previous cup ties this season then maybe they should be given a little bit more priority in comparison with those who often only tend to come out for semi finals/finals, but expect tickets.

24 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Apologies for the delay in replying, just been reading through the thread for the first time since I posted. In terms of the sort of people you refer to I would expect someone who has gone to virtually all of the away games (15) to be in the initial sale period, as they would already have sufficient loyalty points in place. What I suggesting was more to cover those who are always looking for tickets for the likes of cup finals. What I was sugggesting is rather than go from initial sales to those with enough loyalty points direct to a general sale a second step is put in place to look at those people who have attended cup ties before going direct to a general sale. I think the recent league cup semi final versus Celtic at Murrayfield did show the danger of going direct to general sale when the priority is just getting rid of tickets. There were a number of fans at that semi final who have been barred from Tynecastle for a while, some for years and also more than the odd Rangers fans with tickets for the home stands. It was just a thought on my part, i.e. that those who don't go to games regularly but had attended previous cup ties this season then maybe they should be given a little bit more priority in comparison with those who often only tend to come out for semi finals/finals, but expect tickets.

I can see where you are coming from from but just disagree. Current loyalty point scheme works well and to be honest it’s likely that for any semi or final at Hampton season ticket holders will be first priority then the rest based on loyalty points. We will only get a maximum of about  20k tickets in any case so this will avoid much, if any, chance of a public sale. It probably also rules out much chance of tickets falling into the hands of those who don’t deserve them for whatever reason.  Current lp system works for me. Priority given for those who go to most games regardless of whether it’s cup or league seems fairest. 

1 hour ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Agreed 

those of of us who paid extra to keep our own seats for 3 seasons, have been rather ripped off

mainstandjambo
37 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Can this get back to counting dots please ?

Just under 6500 (plus hospitality) sold by my reckoning. Around 2200 still available in the 2 stands.

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

I can see where you are coming from from but just disagree. Current loyalty point scheme works well and to be honest it’s likely that for any semi or final at Hampton season ticket holders will be first priority then the rest based on loyalty points. We will only get a maximum of about  20k tickets in any case so this will avoid much, if any, chance of a public sale. It probably also rules out much chance of tickets falling into the hands of those who don’t deserve them for whatever reason.  Current lp system works for me. Priority given for those who go to most games regardless of whether it’s cup or league seems fairest. 

The points system is a bit unpredictable. Three points for a home game v Inverness and only 1 away to Motherwell???

2 minutes ago, mainstandjambo said:

Just under 6500 (plus hospitality) sold by my reckoning. Around 2200 still available in the 2 stands.

The problem with this now is that the Club will think they have made the correct decision by only making two stands available when in fact I think that had they allowed season ticket holders to buy their own seats then there would have been a much bigger response.

portobellojambo1
14 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Agreed 

those of of us who paid extra to keep our own seats for 3 seasons, have been rather ripped off

How do you arrive at the conclusion some fans have been ripped off. I took out the £100 option and my seat is in the Wheatfield, and I'm guessing that if that stand had been open from day one my own seat would have cost £15 for a ticket. The club announced which stands were open and I purchased a seat in the Main Stand for £15. If at the outset HMFC had said that for this cup game they were only opening the Main Stand and the Gorgie Stand so anyone presently with seats in the Roseburn and Wheatfield would be unable to attend the game then I might have gone down the route of "that seems like a bit of a rip off". I'll be there next Sunday, not in my normal seat but I'm struggling to think what makes that a rip off.

6 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

The points system is a bit unpredictable. Three points for a home game v Inverness and only 1 away to Motherwell???

Agreed their needs to be a bit more consistency. 

3 minutes ago, mainstandjambo said:

Very disappointed. If there are fans waiting on the Wheatfield they are making it difficult for the ticket office and staffing the extra people needed like stewards, catering ect.

January is a skint month for many also , to be fair. And there’s a fair load of games sat-wed-sat coming up. It’s in cooncil telly as well

Edited by 1971fozzy

2 hours ago, luckydug said:

The talk was that TV broadcasters had wanted the Main stand and Gorgie opened to look better on TV.

Another sign of the times when TV companies are dictating operational procedures to clubs.

I agree Main and Wheatfield stands should have been open from the start. 

That way nobody would be left having to purchase an inferior seat to what they are used to.

I think in this case I agree with the TV companies. As a product, it looks better when you have fans visible rather than hundreds of empty seats. 

Games at Motherwell and Killie always look bad for that reason, because they fill the upper tier first. 

It’s ridiculous that a first round (proper) cup tie between Hearts and Livingston is live on BBC.

Early rounds of the cup are devalued enough; live TV just kills it.

But what would a fan know?

1 hour ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Agreed 

What part of ‘IT WAS A DONATION’ don’t you understand? 

There was also a price freeze on ST price for 3 years. 

I can can guarantee you didn’t contribute or maybe you bought a brick at Fester? 

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

Very disappointed. If there are fans waiting on the Wheatfield they are making it difficult for the ticket office and staffing the extra people needed like stewards, catering ect.

I doubt they will open Wheatfield. I was told by TO that Roseburn was next. Livi fans already got tickets for Roseburn so in terms of minimising stewarding, catering costs etc I’d think if we sell out Main and Gorgie it will be Roseburn next. 

2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

it would look like the further away or the more awkward games  - ie. midweek , highlands etc ,  would get more points.

46 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I doubt they will open Wheatfield. I was told by TO that Roseburn was next. Livi fans already got tickets for Roseburn so in terms of minimising stewarding, catering costs etc I’d think if we sell out Main and Gorgie it will be Roseburn next. 

Cheers I suppose that makes sense. I’m still disappointed that the crowd isn’t going to bigger.

2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

It could be viewed as the other way round. This is an entertainment business as AB keeps reminding us and wants us to make best use of the facilities but then good business is to offer the customers what they want not always what suits the purveyors the most.

It is obvious from reading a number of posts on here that a lot of fans would have gladly taken up their season ticket seats had the Wheatfield been opened and it would seem that many have not yet bought alternative seats and the club should be asking themselves why is this?

Ok the game is on TV  which will put some off but this is the first game back after the winter break and we have two new players probably going to be starting their first games for us at Tynecastle so why the poor uptake?

51 minutes ago, cubanjambo said:

it would look like the further away or the more awkward games  - ie. midweek , highlands etc ,  would get more points.

3 points for a home cup game against Inverness defeats that argument surely.

4 hours ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Agreed 

You haven't been ripped off - you got first dibs on the best seats in the stadium. I'd suggest you therefore got preferential treatment. 

4 hours ago, wavydavy said:

The problem with this now is that the Club will think they have made the correct decision by only making two stands available when in fact I think that had they allowed season ticket holders to buy their own seats then there would have been a much bigger response.

Correct

scott herbertson
1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

It could be viewed as the other way round. This is an entertainment business as AB keeps reminding us and wants us to make best use of the facilities but then good business is to offer the customers what they want not always what suits the purveyors the most.

It is obvious from reading a number of posts on here that a lot of fans would have gladly taken up their season ticket seats had the Wheatfield been opened and it would seem that many have not yet bought alternative seats and the club should be asking themselves why is this?

Ok the game is on TV  which will put some off but this is the first game back after the winter break and we have two new players probably going to be starting their first games for us at Tynecastle so why the poor uptake?

It's not poor though, compared to similar games in previous years - its's probably about average

Shame it's not more but all the shocked, disappointed and embarrassed posts could be found on previous years cup dot count threads

Nelly Terraces

Some of the folk that come on here - precious much!:laugh2:

You can't blame people for giving this a miss - it's on TV & it's January ffs. Dunno what part of those 2 rather obvious points people are missing.

Ricardo Shillyshally
4 hours ago, wavydavy said:

R

The approach taken by the club is very short sighted. They should be making it easier for fans to come to the game and sitting in your usual seat is a big part of that.

We should be doing all we can to maximise home advantage to help us get through to the next round. 

I seem to remember getting papped out by St Johnstone once when we closed the Wheatfield. The atmosphere was terrible that day.

Graham Thomson

The atmosphere with the Wheatfield closed will be surreal, 

We should try and make home advantage count, that would have been allowing season ticket holders like me to purchase our own seats (Wheatfield)

9 minutes ago, Graham Thomson said:

The atmosphere with the Wheatfield closed will be surreal, 

We should try and make home advantage count, that would have been allowing season ticket holders like me to purchase our own seats (Wheatfield)

I would stick up for season ticket holders in this case.

If a third stand is required, should be the wheatfield as this is normally the busiest of all the stands on match days.

2 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

You can't blame people for giving this a miss - it's on TV & it's January ffs. Dunno what part of those 2 rather obvious points people are missing.

So it’s on TV many of our games are, it’s January and it’s too cold and £15 wow. Maybe it’s going to be windy or 

raining, excuses excuses.

8 hours ago, wavydavy said:

3 points for a home cup game against Inverness defeats that argument surely.

sure does , how many for this Livi game ?

Doctor FinnBarr
5 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Livingston take 1000 or is that  wildly optimistic?

They don't get 1000 home fans at Almondvale so I'd guess at "widly optimistic"

5 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

If you don't want to support your team just stay at home.

It's your choice, you don't have to try and justify your reasons.

Just don't  come on here begging for tickets for big games cos you don't have the LPs. 

1 hour ago, cubanjambo said:

sure does , how many for this Livi game ?

It doesn't say on anything about the game on the website but on the general rules it says 1 for a home game which it has not been on other occasions.

Just now, wavydavy said:

It doesn't say on anything about the game on the website but on the general rules it says 1 for a home game which it has not been on other occasions.

Perhaps the club should make it more points , maybe 3-5 for a home cup game , be rewarding the fans for home cup games.

1 point is per home league game.

Wheatfield only opened on the day of the ICT game from memory - still papped them 5 - 0 :D

Nelly Terraces
44 minutes ago, luckydug said:

If you don't want to support your team just stay at home.

It's your choice, you don't have to try and justify your reasons.

Just don't  come on here begging for tickets for big games cos you don't have the LPs. 

Got my ticket yesterday old chum. But crack on with your ludicrous conclusion jumping anyway. 

If OTHER people don't want to go to a game of football then - and I know you'll probably find this hard to fathom - then THAT'S THEIR FREE CHOICE. I know, fecking mental eh.

See you at the game!

Thought Police
1 hour ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Got my ticket yesterday old chum. But crack on with your ludicrous conclusion jumping anyway. 

If OTHER people don't want to go to a game of football then - and I know you'll probably find this hard to fathom - then THAT'S THEIR FREE CHOICE. I know, fecking mental eh.

See you at the game!

He said it was your choice.

On 12/01/2019 at 20:12, been here before said:

Now this could go wrong but....

I'm funny how? I mean funny, like I'm a clown? I amuse you?  I make you laugh? I'm here to ****in' amuse you? What do you mean funny? 

Heads over right everybody's - rearrange these four words to make a well known phrase or saying. 

You'd probably been better with "what you doin' here? I thought I told you to go f----k your mother" 

Edited by JohnB