Livingston Cup Dot Count

Mikey1874

scott herbertson
25 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Just a general question:  I have difficulty in identifying colours/brightness on websites.  A big difficulty is identifying what seats are sold and what are still vacant on the seat plan.  The 2 dot colours used are too similar for me to make out the difference clearly.   Do others have a similar problem?   

Yes - a bit colour blind hence i don't do dot counts any more as it is headache inducing

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• The Treasurer

• luckydug

• Clerry Jambo

5 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Because our game is televised against Killie it can't be moved so the 30th is out.  It's already been confirmed any replay of the Livingston game would be next midweek and the Dundee game would be postponed.

Where was this confirmed? Not doubting you, just curious. Reason I ask is we are actively promoting hospitality for next Wednesday in a package with another home game. If there’s any doubt re next Wed v Dundee I’d be surprised that we are doing this. 

Edited by soonbe110

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Where was this confirmed? Not doubting you, just curious. Reason I ask is we are actively promoting hospitality for next Wednesday in a package with another home game. If there’s any doubt re next Wed v Dundee I’d be surprised that we are doing this. 

Evening News ran it yesterday

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

Cash gate at the Wheatfield on sunday maybe ???

Probably, this seems very similar to the ICT Betfred match, we ended up with overspill in the Wheatfield but contained in A & B

I presume the eighteen 74 bar will be open before the game and if so, are away fans allowed in as was going to meet a livi supporting mate beforehand? 

Fxxx the SPFL
1 hour ago, Paulp74 said:

I presume the eighteen 74 bar will be open before the game and if so, are away fans allowed in as was going to meet a livi supporting mate beforehand? 

If it's open he'll get in just shows his ticket to security

The White Cockade
20 minutes ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

If it's open he'll get in just shows his ticket to security

home fans only I think

21 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Open up D C & E first or just open the whole of the Wheatfield.not starting with A this really is getting to be a bit of a joke.

It's reached the point now where the seats left are of such poor quality that people will just not bother.

It's been badly organised by the club almost as if they are not really bothered about attracting a decent crowd.

Shoehorning people into the corners and down the front for a worms eye view is dreadful customer service.

Seems to be more important to save a few quid on stewarding costs than looking after the fans.

The Treasurer
7 minutes ago, luckydug said:

It's reached the point now where the seats left are of such poor quality that people will just not bother.

It's been badly organised by the club almost as if they are not really bothered about attracting a decent crowd.

Shoehorning people into the corners and down the front for a worms eye view is dreadful customer service.

Seems to be more important to save a few quid on stewarding costs than looking after the fans.

Don't know that giving "late-comers" prime seats ahead of those that have already bought a ticket is good "customer service"

If they were to open up the Wheatfield now you could create a situation in future where the majority will just wait until the last minute which would cause the club problems in terms of planning.

I still can't believe we will get under 10000 for a game where we will see our new striker and a chance for revenge against a team who humiliated us just weeks ago.  

11 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Don't know that giving "late-comers" prime seats ahead of those that have already bought a ticket is good "customer service"

If they were to open up the Wheatfield now you could create a situation in future where the majority will just wait until the last minute which would cause the club problems in terms of planning.

Would it not be a better idea to have opened the Wheatfield and Main stand and kept the Gorgie stand shut ?

That would have allowed for a possible attendance of 12500 excluding away fans.

I'm not one for criticising the club normally but I do feel this has been marketed poorly.

The Treasurer
2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Would it not be a better idea to have opened the Wheatfield and Main stand and kept the Gorgie stand shut ?

I'm not one for criticising the club normally but I do feel this has been marketed poorly.

If it was up to me I would have opened the whole ground, with maybe the exception of keeping the Roseburn just for away fans.

It would have at least got rid of the "Ah'm no going cos a cannae get ma seat" excuse.

11 minutes ago, luckydug said:

It’s to make it look good on the telly. Which is common practise, and fine by me. You seen any Spurs games at Wembley this season?

9 minutes ago, luckydug said:

It would have been, mate, but probably a financial decision. Not sure what we get from TV for this game, a big factor in the attendance, imo, but that seems to be the way these days. I had a ST when Cup games were on it, as many others had, but a thing of the past now.

It's not really rocket science when you think about it. People are just not being taken as mugs. If they were, there would be 18K there.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
27 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Easier for logistics I would have thought. From an operational perspective probably the right move. I blame the fans for not snapping up dirt cheap tickets in our most important game of the season.

Did I just say that...guess I did!!

The Treasurer
31 minutes ago, Boab said:

It would have been, mate, but probably a financial decision. Not sure what we get from TV for this game, a big factor in the attendance, imo, but that seems to be the way these days. I had a ST when Cup games were on it, as many others had, but a thing of the past now.

It's not really rocket science when you think about it. People are just not being taken as mugs. If they were, there would be 18K there.

Can you explain how people are being taken for mugs by being charged £15 for a match that isn't included in the price of an ST ?

The Treasurer
35 minutes ago, dc-jambo said:

It’s to make it look good on the telly. Which is common practise, and fine by me. You seen any Spurs games at Wembley this season?

Probably more to do with hospitality facilities being in the Main and Gorgie stands

7 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Can you explain how people are being taken for mugs by being charged £15 for a match that isn't included in the price of an ST ?

You've answered your own question. It used to be included in the price of a ST. I'm only offering explanations why more people aren't attending. TV is the main factor. If cup games were included in the price, they'd have to open the whole stadium...I get that but you tell me why the attendence will be low if it's not that people are deciding not to attend ?

The Treasurer
9 minutes ago, Boab said:

You've answered your own question. It used to be included in the price of a ST. I'm only offering explanations why more people aren't attending. TV is the main factor. If cup games were included in the price, they'd have to open the whole stadium...I get that but you tell me why the attendence will be low if it's not that people are deciding not to attend ?

The reason it's not included in the price of an ST is that we have to give the away team a percentage of the gate money.

This would have a direct impact on the club budget.

If people think £15 for a Scottish Cup tie is too much that's up to them, but I don't think the club should be criticised for doing what every other club does.

If the club were wanting to fleece the fans (or take them for mugs) they would be charging £20+ as the wee team are doing for their glamour tie v Elgin

7 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

The reason it's not included in the price of an ST is that we have to give the away team a percentage of the gate money.

This would have a direct impact on the club budget.

If people think £15 for a Scottish Cup tie is too much that's up to them, but I don't think the club should be criticised for doing what every other club does.

If the club were wanting to fleece the fans (or take them for mugs) they would be charging £20+ as the wee team are doing for their glamour tie v Elgin

I'm not criticising the club for the hell of it. As I have already said, people are choosing not to attend....in big numbers....the reasons are simple. The club will get the TV money and save money by not opening stands. Fair enough ! 

It's commonplace these days but the fact remains the stadium will be around half empty for a pretty attractive tie. 

The Treasurer
4 minutes ago, Boab said:

I'm not criticising the club for the hell of it. As I have already said, people are choosing not to attend....in big numbers....the reasons are simple. The club will get the TV money and save money by not opening stands. Fair enough ! 

It's commonplace these days but the fact remains the stadium will be around half empty for a pretty attractive tie. 

I think we're kind of agreeing here.

The fault lies not with the club, but with fans who, for whatever reason, can't be arsed to support their team in what is a very important match.

I just can't get my head round why football fans in general, not just Hearts fans, are choosing not to support their team in cup matches when, until recently, a cup game would attract a much bigger crowd than a league match against the same opposition.

Nelly Terraces
14 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

The fault lies not with the club, but with fans who, for whatever reason, can't be arsed to support their team in what is a very important match.

I just can't get my head round why football fans in general, not just Hearts fans, are choosing not to support their team in cup matches when, until recently, a cup game would attract a much bigger crowd than a league match against the same opposition.

Folk aren't made of money - and it's on TV. On a ****ing Sunday afternoon. In January. 

Dunno which part of this people (ok, lets just call them zealots) can't understand. I'm lucky as I easily have the cash to go, and live 20 minutes walk from Tynecastle. Others aren't.  

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I don't give a shit how it looks on the telly. 

Get the Wheatfield open now I say.

Easy Jonno. A man of your means. Buy the remaining tickets for the Gorgie and the Wheatfield will open  :)

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Folk aren't made of money - and it's on TV. On a ****ing Sunday afternoon. In January. 

Dunno which part of this people (ok, lets just call them zealots) can't understand. I'm lucky as I easily have the cash to go, and live 20 minutes walk from Tynecastle. Others aren't.  

Same weekend last year many found the cash at a higher price than this one. 

Doesn't wash for me 

15 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I don't give a shit how it looks on the telly. 

Get the Wheatfield open now I say.

still think a 3rd stand will open........

987 seats still unsold between the main stand and the Gorgie stand, that includes bottom of section T and the end rows in upper N And T. available seats between the 2 stands is 10,616. that would mean 9629 sold, without knowing hospitality numbers remaining, could estimate around 9300 sold plus away fans and sales between now and Sunday. should be over 10,000.

Nelly Terraces
23 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Same weekend last year many found the cash at a higher price than this one. 

Doesn't wash for me 

Once you've dried your eyes/come down from your uber fan pedestal, I'm sure you'll realise it's not really that important.

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

I suppose we are agreeing...I think !

The club need to make ends meet, I get that; all clubs do. 

It's not maybe a popular opinion but I believe the corrupting influence of money has ruined football. It's maybe not as stark in Scotland...probably because the rich pickings are down south but it's still there. Cup competitions should be up there as important as any league, imo. Playing a very good tie at half two on a Sunday is pissing people off. If anyone disagrees with that, explain why the sales are so slow.

The big games take care of themselves, it's these games that are suffering....and they shouldn't !

I think it's pretty clear fans feel once they have

bought their ST then most are not prepared to part with extra cash for cup games.

I'm talking generally all over the UK . When a match is live on TV that just reinforces the point.

It's sad really cup ties used to be one of the highlights of the season.

It's the downside of the ST culture in football. The upside is the vastly increased attendances for League matches.

3 hours ago, dc-jambo said:

i say SOD the telly. Fans who go to the games should always come first isn't it bad enough

that they change the times and days of games.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Once you've dried your eyes/come down from your uber fan pedestal, I'm sure you'll realise it's not really that important.

Nah, you just put me on that pedestal, I just compared it to the thousands of Uber Fans who managed to get to the same round, same weekend, same conditions last year.

Importance is relative, watching Hearts I rank as my most important leisure activity, doesn't make me special, but this isn't about me. Its about affordability and seems it was affordable in 2018 but not 2019?

scott herbertson
3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Nah, you just put me on that pedestal, I just compared it to the thousands of Uber Fans who managed to get to the same round, same weekend, same conditions last year.

Importance is relative, watching Hearts I rank as my most important leisure activity, doesn't make me special, but this isn't about me. Its about affordability and seems it was affordable in 2018 but not 2019?

I don't see how you can make a direct comparison between Hearts against Hibs and Hearts against Livingston in terms of appeal. We got 10-12,000 in our two Scottish cup games against Celtic in recent years if you want another comparison

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, scott herbertson said:

I don't see how you can make a direct comparison between Hearts against Hibs and Hearts against Livingston in terms of appeal. We got 10-12,000 in our two Scottish cup games against Celtic in recent years if you want another comparison

I don't mind that comparison either Scott. Its Hearts trying to get through in the Scottish Cup. For me that is one of the highlights of the season.

But that was not the reason for not attending, I was debating, you have just hit the nail on the head.

Some people are suggesting its affordability when its not, its what people are willing to pay for. Big difference.

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Just a guess, but I reckon a lot (not all) of those same poverty stricken fans would be able to go if we were playing hibs at £30 a ticket

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Boab said:

I suppose we are agreeing...I think !

The club need to make ends meet, I get that; all clubs do. 

It's not maybe a popular opinion but I believe the corrupting influence of money has ruined football. It's maybe not as stark in Scotland...probably because the rich pickings are down south but it's still there. Cup competitions should be up there as important as any league, imo. Playing a very good tie at half two on a Sunday is pissing people off. If anyone disagrees with that, explain why the sales are so slow.

The big games take care of themselves, it's these games that are suffering....and they shouldn't !

Changing the KO time/day is a factor, no doubt but I still think we'd be lucky to get 12k at 3pm on the Saturday.

As for the reason, I've no idea.

4 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Changing the KO time/day is a factor, no doubt but I still think we'd be lucky to get 12k at 3pm on the Saturday.

As for the reason, I've no idea.

Sticking it on the Beeb on a Sunday was always going to impact. In fact, the reason for only selling two stands came directly from that. How many more would have trapped if it was a Sat 3pm game is open to debate. I agree not huge amounts but we'll never know.

Nelly Terraces
10 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

It's a shame for you that not everyone comes up to your extremely high standards of support.

I for one am absolutely fecking SHOCKED folk scraped the dough together to see us play h1b5  in a cup tie but won't for a televised game v Livingston. :laugh2:

PS - Don't bother replying to.this message. I'm a busy man & won't be back to look at this message board until Sunday morning. Cheers & enjoy the game!

The Treasurer
3 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

It's a shame for you that not everyone comes up to your extremely high standards of support.

I for one am absolutely fecking SHOCKED folk scraped the dough together to see us play h1b5  in a cup tie but won't for a televised game v Livingston. :laugh2:

PS - Don't bother replying to.this message. I'm a busy man & won't be back to look at this message board until Sunday morning. Cheers & enjoy the game!

That quote kind of blows your theory of "people not being made of money"

18 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Busy man :rofl:

mainstandjambo

Latest count of available seats

Gorgie

Z  -  183

Y  -    52

X  -    55

W  -   66

V  -  235

Total - 591

Main

T  -  115

S  -       1

P  -       1

N  -    59

Total - 176

Overall total - 767

This would indicate 500 have been sold since my last count on Tuesday. However seats have been released in X,T and N since then and I would estimate a further 150 of these have been sold. In addition if there are no further seats released in X, there could well be 350 hospitality sold in this section. I would estimate sales of around 8700 at present.    

46 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Just a guess, but I reckon a lot (not all) of those same poverty stricken fans would be able to go if we were playing hibs at £30 a ticket

Agreed. If we were playing Hibs on Sunday at 2.30, on tv, at £25 per ticket game would be sold out and there would be ‘fans’ on here begging for spares. 

Edited by soonbe110

Just bought our 2 for the Gorgie end.

literally gagging for this after a shitey winter break with no footy

FTH

Edited by 1971fozzy

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

I was on 1.2k a month last year. Lucky if I make half of that now. Gutted at the fact I probably won't make this game but it is what it is. 

Not saying it's the same for everyone, and some people probably were able to find the money last year who are now claiming the opposite this time but that's their problem I guess

I reckon around 10k for this game if we're lucky. Which is very disappointing, but understandable. If we consider our form of late, and the fact that it's on tv, then this is the result you get.