Livingston Cup Dot Count

Mikey1874

15 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

5,000 tickets shifted with less than 2 weeks until the game is pretty shocking though, however you look at it. It’s £15 and £5. 

I’ve no issue with anyone choosing to watch this one on the telly, just not if they come begging for someone’s reference number the next time we go to Easter Road. 

Disappointing maybe, but I wouldn’t say shocking. 

What would be shocking is if that was all we sold, but we’ll likely sell at least double that. 

Edited by Rudolf

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• The Treasurer

• luckydug

• Clerry Jambo

12 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

5,000 tickets shifted with less than 2 weeks until the game is pretty shocking though, however you look at it. It’s £15 and £5. 

I’ve no issue with anyone choosing to watch this one on the telly, just not if they come begging for someone’s reference number the next time we go to Easter Road. 

It is very low but plenty time to get numbers up. 

How many LPs are we getting for this ?

haveyouheard 22
4 hours ago, Dalstonjambo said:

What a strange aggressive post. 

Eh, its about opinions guy posted what he thought, i suggest otherwise , though maybe i wasn't  tactful about it as I should have been 

Do you get easily upset DJ, I'll take that into account the next time I post , dont want to upset you 

4 minutes ago, haveyouheard 22 said:

Eh, its about opinions guy posted what he thought, i suggest otherwise , though maybe i wasn't  tactful about it as I should have been 

Do you get easily upset DJ, I'll take that into account the next time I post , dont want to upset you 

Utter tripe ?

Dalstonjambo
32 minutes ago, haveyouheard 22 said:

Not at all. Just thought it was a strange post given there is plenty of evidence for what the guy said, and you posted nothing else but an unnecessarily aggressive 2 word response to a well reasoned post. Think you are being a tad kind on yourself with ' i suggest otherwise'. 

Would be interested where i suggested I was upset too? But you bash on. Game of opinions after all my friend.

Edited by Dalstonjambo

32 minutes ago, Jambo100 said:

Pay back time for Murrayfield.That was money wasted.

Easter Rd?

Money well spent?

Swings and roundabouts .........

2 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Easter Rd?

Money well spent?

Swings and roundabouts .........

Indeed. Football at Hearts has always been swings and roundabouts. 

Seymour M Hersh
23 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Indeed. Football at Hearts has always been swings and roundabouts. 

A fact that seems totally lost on our younger viewers.

Psychedelicropcircle

intending to go knowing the tickets will be there when I’m next working close by to the stadium! 

5 hours ago, Dalstonjambo said:

Not at all. Just thought it was a strange post given there is plenty of evidence for what the guy said, and you posted nothing else but an unnecessarily aggressive 2 word response to a well reasoned post. Think you are being a tad kind on yourself with ' i suggest otherwise'. 

Would be interested where i suggested I was upset too? But you bash on. Game of opinions after all my friend.

Game of opinions DJ?

More like game of truth and lies!

Penalty in Perth!  Lie!

Dive and howler from match official!  Truth!

Edited by colinmaroon

mainstandjambo
On 08/01/2019 at 09:37, mainstandjambo said:

On my latest count just over 5000 now sold. Will obviously be higher than that when hospitality sales are added in. 

Around 5400 now sold plus hospitality.

TyphoonJambo

2 weeks without a game, new guys on show, maybe some sickies back. We will have a decent turnout. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
22 minutes ago, mainstandjambo said:

Add 1000 for Livi 500 for hospitality around 7k.

12k I predict by match day. Gagging for a game

21 minutes ago, mainstandjambo said:

How things have changed since the good (bad) old days in the 70's - 8,000 for league games but an attractive SC tie like this one would have drawn 15,000.

Just now, Sir Gio said:

Add 1000 for Livi 500 for hospitality around 7k.

12k I predict by match day. Gagging for a game

Can't see us selling another 5,000 before Saturday SG.

FarmerTweedy
5 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Can't see us selling another 5,000 before Saturday SG.

Probably not, but then we'll still have a whole week, plus all of next Saturday and a fair bit of the Sunday left to sell tickets!

Edited by FarmerTweedy

32 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Probably not, but then we'll still have a whole week, plus all of next Saturday and a fair bit of the Sunday left to sell tickets!

I stand corrected.

3 in the back pocket.

Taking a couple of mates who have not been for a few years, so maybe two additions to swell the throng in future.:thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

How things have changed since the good (bad) old days in the 70's - 8,000 for league games but an attractive SC tie like this one would have drawn 15,000.

This.  Don’t understand it tbh. We’re not the end only club but in the older days the cup was always the biggest draw outside the derby. Remember the 4-0 win v motherwellnin 89 for instance (the one with ‘that’ colquoun goal). It was hoying it doon and we had loads more than we did the following week in the league v them.

the cups always was the huge draw.

think tickets will start shifting next week. We are all getting ours on Monday , that’s 6

Bought 6 with cash at ticket office the day. Couple of days later than planned but managed up today. Plenty comments on here saying is only £15 per adult and £5 per child but there will be a few folk who don't have £20 to spare a few weeks after Christmas. Through in travel costs and likelihood off food/refreshments on the day and that £20 is easily doubled. Not saying that's the sole reason for slow sales but can see it being a factor, along with live on the BBC and possibly the thought of sitting in very likely cold weather! Still think we will hit 10 or 11k 

Clerry Jambo
1 hour ago, hmfcbilly said:

Bought 6 with cash at ticket office the day. Couple of days later than planned but managed up today. Plenty comments on here saying is only £15 per adult and £5 per child but there will be a few folk who don't have £20 to spare a few weeks after Christmas. Through in travel costs and likelihood off food/refreshments on the day and that £20 is easily doubled. Not saying that's the sole reason for slow sales but can see it being a factor, along with live on the BBC and possibly the thought of sitting in very likely cold weather! Still think we will hit 10 or 11k 

We'll easily top 10K

Clerry Jambo
1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

Hope so because that's what I'm waiting on....

Can just picture you Jonno sitting in the middle of D halfway up wi the stand tae yirsel!

Jonno Jonno give us a wave..........

Clerry Jambo
6 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

That would be great because it would mean that Ray Has Got His Feckin Bus Pass wouldn't need to get me out ma seat every 5 minutes while he fecks off for a slash. 

No offence Ray. Happy New Year. Get the Tena pants on for the Dundee match please mate. 

Cheers.

Mibbe give Ray a wee gift from Billy!!

5 hours ago, Spectre said:

Is the wheatfield likely to open up?

Is was closed initially for the ICT League Cup game but after the Main and Gorgie filled up, they opened it section by section starting from A. Was only a few days before the game so depends on how quickly the two stands sell out. 

Theme From Sparta F.C.

I was in the ticket office today. And they said there's just over 4000 tickets left to sell before they open up the Wheatfield Stand.

3 hours ago, hmfcbilly said:

Bought 6 with cash at ticket office the day. Couple of days later than planned but managed up today. Plenty comments on here saying is only £15 per adult and £5 per child but there will be a few folk who don't have £20 to spare a few weeks after Christmas. Throw in travel costs and likelihood off food/refreshments on the day and that £20 is easily doubled. Not saying that's the sole reason for slow sales but can see it being a factor, along with live on the BBC and possibly the thought of sitting in very likely cold weather! Still think we will hit 10 or 11k 

Edited by hmfcbilly
Unfinished post

1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

We'll easily top 10K

I'd like to think so Clerry. Think being live on terrestrial tv might mean couple of thousand tickets less than usual sold. If we can get 14.5k for Motherwell in league cup hopefully we can get as close to that as possible for livvy (admittedly well match wasn't on tv) 

portobellojambo1
14 minutes ago, hmfcbilly said:

I'd like to think so Clerry. Think being live on terrestrial tv might mean couple of thousand tickets less than usual sold. If we can get 14.5k for Motherwell in league cup hopefully we can get as close to that as possible for livvy (admittedly well match wasn't on tv) 

Sometimes you think maybe the club have to consider  dangling the odd carrot to maybe convince folk to go along. I'm not saying we will, hope we do obviously, but if we were to get to the semi-final and the final people would want tickets. And if the club were to say they would give some sort of additional priority to those who had purchased tickets for and attended the games in the earlier rounds it just might encourage some people to consider going. I'm not even going to try and guess what the crowd will be, However, I'm guessing from what I've read on here we've sold maybe around 6,000 tickets so far. Can we sell say the same amount again in the 1.5 weeks remaining until the game is played, who knows.

Edited by portobellojambo1

On 08/01/2019 at 15:09, Phil Dunphy said:

Hearts v Aberdeen in the 2016 cup in January, on BBC1, had 13595 with a full Roseburn of Aberdeen fans. 

Throw own in the worse time slot, and the fact Livi are awful to watch this season- and would undoubtedly be happy with 0-0 in this game- and I can’t see this drawing ten thousand. 

NaturalOrder74

In my opinion they need to get rid of the replays in the Scottish cup, think people are getting sick of buying tickets for a game that possibly won’t even be settled on the day, 15 quid seems reasonable but feel like they should have just made it a tenner and got the crowd in 

On Tuesday, January 08, 2019 at 10:52, Phil Dunphy said:

How many people who can’t be arsed with this one will be DESPERATE for tickets should we get a glamour tie in the next round or a run to the final, I wonder. 

That will be you then ?

The Treasurer
10 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Sometimes you think maybe the club have to consider  dangling the odd carrot to maybe convince folk to go along. I'm not saying we will, hope we do obviously, but if we were to get to the semi-final and the final people would want tickets. And if the club were to say they would give some sort of additional priority to those who had purchased tickets for and attended the games in the earlier rounds it just might encourage some people to consider going. I'm not even going to try and guess what the crowd will be, However, I'm guessing from what I've read on here we've sold maybe around 6,000 tickets so far. Can we sell say the same amount again in the 1.5 weeks remaining until the game is played, who knows.

Agreed something needs to be done to encourage people to attend early round cup games.

Those of us of a "certain age" remember when cup crowds could be almost double what we'd get for the same opposition in a league game.

I'm not sure why cup ties have now become less attractive as for most clubs it's the only real chance of a bit of success.

9 hours ago, 8skacel8 said:

Makes more financial sense to use the Roseburn Stand for home fans before opening the Wheatfield. 

Don’t think it would necessarily. It would mean paying for more stewards for segregation etc. 

3 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Agreed something needs to be done to encourage people to attend early round cup games.

Those of us of a "certain age" remember when cup crowds could be almost double what we'd get for the same opposition in a league game.

I'm not sure why cup ties have now become less attractive as for most clubs it's the only real chance of a bit of success.

Might be something to do with the increase in season tickets. The vast majority now have one and maybe can’t be bothered paying again for cup ties. 

Edited by Rudolf

Selkirkhmfc1874
4 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

The pricing should be enough to encourage people , 15 quid very reasonable ! A think more likely a Sunday game live in tv making some people's minds up to stay at home

The Treasurer
2 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Might be something to do with the increase in season tickets. The vast majority now have one and maybe can’t be bothered paying again for cup ties. 

I'm sure that is one f the reasons.

I just find it strange that people, who by having an ST are obviously regulars supporters, choose not to attend what is a very important match.

The Treasurer
1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

The pricing should be enough to encourage people , 15 quid very reasonable ! A think more likely a Sunday game live in tv making some people's minds up to stay at home

If this was a league game at the same time the crowd would be in excess of 16k and I mean actual crowd, not just tickets sold.

Selkirkhmfc1874
6 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

If this was a league game at the same time the crowd would be in excess of 16k and I mean actual crowd, not just tickets sold.

Yeah a agree and can only think that's down to fact season tickets already paid for 

Auchinleck Talbot charging £15 for their home tie with Ayr United although game is live on BBC. Makes our seem cheap.

Just now, Section Q said:

Auchinleck Talbot charging £15 for their home tie with Ayr United although game is live on BBC. Makes ours seem cheap.