Livingston Cup Dot Count

Mikey1874

12 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Wouldn't be surprised. 

Not worth forking out on stewarding costs for the sake of a few hundred fans in the Wheatfield.

Are you serious surely your not . 

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• The Treasurer

• luckydug

• Clerry Jambo

21 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Wouldn't be surprised. 

Not worth forking out on stewarding costs for the sake of a few hundred fans in the Wheatfield.

Hearts playing ‘Hardball’. Every seat must be sold in the main & Gorgie stands before another

stand is opened up. By Order of the Parky. Oh aye KEEP OFF THE GRASS. ?

Edited by mitch41

I called in to the ticket office this morning for 4 seats together,  got these in Gorgie sec V  all that was left in Gorgie.  I could have had either end of the main stand.....those little bits on either end but chose the Gorgie row 23.

Girl in the office said when they are gone they will open Wheatfield next .not Roseburn.

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

You can’t say that Man City aren’t a ‘wee diddy team’ whilst in the same sentence saying that you don’t know what it means and call me out as foolish!

Ask any Manchester United fan

about Manchester City in the 1990’s and they would confirm their diddy status. They were so much of an irrelevance over the years to Manchester United that they had to search out Leeds United & Liverpool as rivals. 

Oh dear. Your first paragragh has missed the point by a staggering distance. Let's leave it there.

?

6 minutes ago, zakred said:

I called in to the ticket office this morning for 4 seats together,  got these in Gorgie sec V  all that was left in Gorgie.  I could have had either end of the main stand.....those little bits on either end but chose the Gorgie row 23.

Girl in the office said when they are gone they will open Wheatfield next .not Roseburn.

Nice one seems like you had more luck than me on the phones, did she say when they would open it

32 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

A lot of tension on this thread.................

Great isn't us. It's like going on about a player "WILL HE SIGN OR WON'T HE"?

Fort Vallance
1 hour ago, maroon said:

Been on hold for ticket office for 15 minutes absolute shambles

Three times at the start of the week I was on hold for at least 20 minutes each time and still never got through. Eventually got a chance to go on line and it took 2 minutes. Ticket office needs improving.

28 minutes ago, Boab said:

Oh dear. Your first paragragh has missed the point by a staggering distance. Let's leave it there.

?

Perhaps a failure on your part to make a relevant point? 

58 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Assuming the Livingston fans will be in the School End then we could sell tickets for the rest of that stand without opening the Wheatfield if required?

Would very much doubt the police would entertain that.

The Treasurer
3 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

It happens at every league game so why would they not allow it for a cup match ?

24 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

Three times at the start of the week I was on hold for at least 20 minutes each time and still never got through. Eventually got a chance to go on line and it took 2 minutes. Ticket office needs improving.

Agreed, not doing it online as I can't access my account for some reason

5 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

It happens at every league game so why would they not allow it for a cup match ?

Do they go through the same turnstyles at league games or jusT enter through the Wheatfield?

The Treasurer
3 minutes ago, JWL said:

Do they go through the same turnstyles at league games or jusT enter through the Wheatfield?

Wheatfield as far as I know, but nothing to stop them using the Gorgie Road turnstiles.

Just as long as any late comers don't get in your way when your leaving :D

Lord Beni of Gorgie

What we looking at then around 10k sold if we estimate 500 Livi. Pretty sure they managed that in September.

44 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Perhaps a failure on your part to make a relevant point? 

Oh, i'm pretty sure most people reading my post would have grasped the point.

Maybe let it lie now eh, people are trying to talk tickets here.

2 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

You can’t say that Man City aren’t a ‘wee diddy team’ whilst in the same sentence saying that you don’t know what it means and call me out as foolish!

Ask any Manchester United fan

about Manchester City in the 1990’s and they would confirm their diddy status. They were so much of an irrelevance over the years to Manchester United that they had to search out Leeds United & Liverpool as rivals. 

Tosh. Liverpool and Man Utd have been fierce rivals since Liverpool regained top league status back in 62/63 season. Although great friends Shankly and Busby had an intense rivalry between each other. Before winning the top league under Fergie Man U last won it in 67. Man City 68. These two teams have always had a fierce rivalry regardless of what divisions they ve been in. Football didn't start on 1992 despite what sky sports may tell you. 

Just now, John Findlay said:

Tosh. Liverpool and Man Utd have been fierce rivals since Liverpool regained top league status back in 62/63 season. Although great friends Shankly and Busby had an intense rivalry between each other. Before winning the top league under Fergie Man U last won it in 67. Man City 68. These two teams have always had a fierce rivalry regardless of what divisions they ve been in. Football didn't start on 1992 despite what sky sports may tell you. 

Where did I say that the rivalry was recent? I agree with all of that. I never said the Liverpool v Manchester rivalry was an invention of the Premier League. My point was that Manchester United had to look elsewhere for a proper rival as Manchester City were so poor on the past.

10 minutes ago, Boab said:

Oh, i'm pretty sure most people reading my post would have grasped the point.

Maybe let it lie now eh, people are trying to talk tickets here.

Most posters will realise that in 1998/99 season when Manchester United won the treble and Manchester City scrapped out of League Two by the play offs that Man City were very much a wee diddy team. If Hibs are a wee diddy team then Manchester City WERE a wee diddy team. 1999 being the height of the gap between the two teams and a particular low period for City.

4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Most posters will realise that in 1998/99 season when Manchester United won the treble and Manchester City scrapped out of League Two by the play offs that Man City were very much a wee diddy team. If Hibs are a wee diddy team then Manchester City WERE a wee diddy team. 1999 being the height of the gap between the two teams and a particular low period for City.

Going by that rationale, Hearts were a wee diddy team in the early seventies !

My point, if you try and think here, is that Man City and Hearts are not " wee diddy teams ", a phrase that shouldn't be used for any team.

They are both clubs with a big history. As John just posted, looking at it outwith a small era.

6 minutes ago, Boab said:

My point, if you try and think here, is that Man City and Hearts are not " wee diddy teams ", a phrase that shouldn't be used for any team.

They are both clubs with a big history. As John just posted, looking at it outwith a small era.

Ffs guys , how's the count going? Fancy going to another thread and letting it go?

1 minute ago, Jenks said:

Ffs guys , how's the count going? Fancy going to another thread and letting it go?

Yip.

Apologies, all. 

I'll bow out.

4 minutes ago, Boab said:

That past failure is what makes the success all the more satisfying for Man City fans. They were in League Two struggling to even get out of that league and now they’re one of the favourites to win the Champions League. They absolutely love the shoe being on the other foot in terms of the Manchester football scene. The term ‘wee diddy team’ was comparative to what they are now. Hibs throughout my lifetime have always been the wee team in Edinburgh. Perhaps it’s a different perspective if you’ve lived through periods like the 1970’s.

1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

Sorry, I thought home fans could only access Roseburn via Wheatfield

@wavydavy    

Edited by Tommy Brown

The Treasurer
4 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Tickets going quickly, Jonno will be entering Wheatfield shortly...........

Just hope no-one buys his ST seat before him :17:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Tickets going quickly, Jonno will be entering Wheatfield shortly...........

Friday always been a good day. At 12 Main Stand was pretty much done bar singles, Gorgie had  a bit of filling out to do, but I say OPEN THE WHEATFIELD

2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I sit in the Main and some twat has already bought my seat...

:seethe:

I sit in the Wheatfield normally  ------- It could be me ?

The Treasurer
8 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

I sit in the Wheatfield normally  ------- It could be me ?

# ME TOO :sad:

I'll not be happy if I see some Main Stand interloper sitting on my Platinum seat in the Wheatfield

1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

# ME TOO :sad:

I'll not be happy if I see some Main Stand interloper sitting on my Platinum seat in the Wheatfield

Same category as me. Might bring the binoculars along to suss them out. 

The Treasurer
1 minute ago, 132goals1958 said:

Same category as me. Might bring the binoculars along to suss them out. 

Careful

You might be mistaken for a Leeds Utd coach

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I've witnessed binoculars at the football before. At Murrayfield it was. Wish I took for the semi-final to be honest 

The Treasurer
7 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Aye. Or a deviant.

Could be a new line of defence.

"I wanted to see what formation the girls netball was using, your honour"

Geoff the Mince
1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Im gonna have a jobby on your seat .

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

So you couldn't wait for the Wheatfield to open eh ? 

I already had my ticket i just found out where it was.

mainstandjambo
8 hours ago, mainstandjambo said:

Early Morning count

Gorgie

Z  -   155

Y  -     47

X  -    44

W  -   57

V   -  184

Total - 487

Main

T  -  82

P  -   1

N -  36

Total - 119

Overall total - 606

363 left now.

4 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Hope it was me.....if youre  not fast......??

alwaysthereinspirit
10 hours ago, luckydug said:

Surely this games well worth £15 or £10 concessions.

The chance to see our new striker plus the possibility of Soapy making an appearance at some point.

Our injuries clearing up and the team getting back to some kind of normal.

Plus we need to put that 5-0 result firmly in the past by dumping Livingston out the cup.

It'll be money well spent imo.

I am so hoping that the 0-5 game has been mentioned incessantly since they returned from Spain.

Even to the point that Vanacek feels responsible for some of the blame.:whistling:

There's engineering works on the Fife coastal railway track on Sunday which means bus replacements to Inverkeithing. Pain in the fecking arse...might also be putting off some Fife based jambos.