Livingston Cup Dot Count

Mikey1874

28 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Agreed. If we were playing Hibs on Sunday at 2.30, on tv, at £25 per ticket game would be sold out and there would be ‘fans’ on here begging for spares. 

You mean people would turn up for an Edinbugh Derby in the Scottish Cup and not a game against LIvi on cooncil telly ?

Well I never !

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• The Treasurer

• luckydug

• Clerry Jambo

Just now, innerjambo said:

I reckon around 10k for this game if we're lucky. Which is very disappointing, but understandable. If we consider our form of late, and the fact that it's on tv, then this is the result you get.

TV will have impacted this Sunday's numbers but I done a bit of checking back 20 years or so and the crowds for this stage of the Cup at home weren't that great.

A couple of 13k and a 14K, the rest ...8 to 10ish K.

Maybe if 10K show up it won't be that bad for a Cup tie at home in Jan.

scott herbertson
38 minutes ago, Boab said:

TV will have impacted this Sunday's numbers but I done a bit of checking back 20 years or so and the crowds for this stage of the Cup at home weren't that great.

A couple of 13k and a 14K, the rest ...8 to 10ish K.

Maybe if 10K show up it won't be that bad for a Cup tie at home in Jan.

I say that every year on these threads Boab but to no avail!

maroonlegions

Git yer arses doon tae Tyine ffs, its the Cup ffs,

FTH.

I for one cant wait to  watch and cheer  the boys on  in our revenge for that 5-0 . 

Edited by maroonlegions

4 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

I say that every year on these threads Boab but to no avail!

You're right, Scott. 

I've maybe been contradicting myself by blaming TV etc.

It has always been thus !

NaturalOrder74

Got a cheeky couple of tickets today surprised everyone’s not desperate to get back affer that long break with no football

been here before
1 hour ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

Got a cheeky couple of tickets today surprised everyone’s not desperate to get back affer that long break with no football

What was cheeky about them?

Was going to wait until later, in the hope the Wheatfield would open and the three of us could sit together as normal. Went in this afternoon and pleasantly surprised to get housed in the main stand right at the back directly facing the area of the half way line. The residual availability in the Gorgie did not look too appealing and I will be surprised if one of the other stands is not opened soon.

NaturalOrder74
49 minutes ago, been here before said:

What was cheeky about them?

Only 15 quid for a Scottish cup premiership clash, that’s cheeky if you ask me 

4 hours ago, Boab said:

You mean people would turn up for an Edinbugh Derby in the Scottish Cup and not a game against LIvi on cooncil telly ?

Well I never !

I turn up for Hearts games regardless of who we are playing. Even so, I cant  see the point of missing out on a cup-tie, at home, in the only competition we have a genuine chance of winning something this season, especially with reduced ticket prices. 

The early rounds of the cup don't really have much appeal anymore for some reason. It's not just us. The cup ties in England were played to half empty stadiums as well. 

8 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

The early rounds of the cup don't really have much appeal anymore for some reason. It's not just us. The cup ties in England were played to half empty stadiums as well. 

Those that have allowed the main cup competitions North and South of the Border to be devalued should hang their heads in shame.Rot started in when Manchester United withdrew from the FA Cup  to sell their soul for more money around 20 years ago.Once you denigrate and discredit what was once a blue ribbon event it becomes nigh on impossible to revive  the once public perception..

GorgieRules22
29 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

The lack of atmosphere inside Tynecastle could be an obstacle on Sunday so I hope those that aren’t going are thinking it’ll be easy and they’ll just go to the next round.

15 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Those that have allowed the main cup competitions North and South of the Border to be devalued should hang their heads in shame.Rot started in when Manchester United withdrew from the FA Cup  to sell their soul for more money around 20 years ago.Once you denigrate and discredit what was once a blue ribbon event it becomes nigh on impossible to revive  the once public perception..

:yes:

It has been a big mistake not to open the Wheatfield, Main & Gorgie all at once. I don't care about a few extra quid i want Hearts fans to get along to the game and not have any excuses or only poor seats as a choice to watch the game.

been here before
12 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

It has been a big mistake not to open the Wheatfield, Main & Gorgie all at once. I don't care about a few extra quid i want Hearts fans to get along to the game and not have any excuses or only poor seats as a choice to watch the game.

You've had weeks to buy tickets. You could have had Premium tickets fot the same price as the "poor seats" if you werent such a pig headed greetin' bairn.

There really isnt an excuse not to go as far as the ticketing is concerened.

Edited by been here before

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

It's a shame for you that not everyone comes up to your extremely high standards of support.

I for one am absolutely fecking SHOCKED folk scraped the dough together to see us play h1b5  in a cup tie but won't for a televised game v Livingston. :laugh2:

PS - Don't bother replying to.this message. I'm a busy man & won't be back to look at this message board until Sunday morning. Cheers & enjoy the game!

Will do. Happy Sunday  :thumbsup:

To clarify.  Nothing to do with cash or uber fans. Folk just don't fancy it on Sunday if they are honest 

Edited by Sir Gio

3 hours ago, 132goals1958 said:

It’s not just domestic cup competitions, check out some

of the crowds Man City get for Champions League games at the Ethiad. Celtic and Rangers manage to pack their stadiums to the rafters for Europa league games because they’re now European diddies but a lot of fans in England just don’t go to games that aren’t part of the season ticket package. Our game being on TV with two league games coming up within the following 6 days means that the appetite for this match was always going to be much reduced. Livingston are also a humming team to play against which doesn’t help with the added caveat that January is the tightest month of the year for most financially.

I have Sunday off and got a ticket, I cannot wait, my last game was the hibs cup game. Funds have been tight recently but I’m fekin buzzin for this 1

17 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Just bought our 2 for the Gorgie end.

literally gagging for this after a shitey winter break with no footy

FTH

Same here fizzy. I bought 5 the day they went on sale. Champin’ At the bit for this game. I hate the winter break with a passion. 

The Treasurer
9 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

It’s not just domestic cup competitions, check out some

of the crowds Man City get for Champions League games at the Ethiad. Celtic and Rangers manage to pack their stadiums to the rafters for Europa league games because they’re now European diddies but a lot of fans in England just don’t go to games that aren’t part of the season ticket package. Our game being on TV with two league games coming up within the following 6 days means that the appetite for this match was always going to be much reduced. Livingston are also a humming team to play against which doesn’t help with the added caveat that January is the tightest month of the year for most financially.

You're right about the English fans not going to CL matches.

I know a few "fanboy types", you know, the ones that have suddenly become HUGE fans of one of the top 6 since they started being successful, and they now pick and choose CL matches because they've see the same teams so often.

1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

You're right about the English fans not going to CL matches.

I know a few "fanboy types", you know, the ones that have suddenly become HUGE fans of one of the top 6 since they started being successful, and they now pick and choose CL matches because they've see the same teams so often.

Crazy that Man City fans can be fed up of the same Champions League opponents. Not long ago they were a wee diddy team most notable for their celebrity fans from Oasis and the gig they played aye Main Road. Now they can’t be arsed playing Lyon. Very much hope they are the first Premier league team to pop.

mainstandjambo

Early Morning count

Gorgie

Z  -   155

Y  -     47

X  -    44

W  -   57

V   -  184

Total - 487

Main

T  -  82

P  -   1

N -  36

Total - 119

Overall total - 606

46 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Crazy that Man City fans can be fed up of the same Champions League opponents. Not long ago they were a wee diddy team most notable for their celebrity fans from Oasis and the gig they played aye Main Road. Now they can’t be arsed playing Lyon. Very much hope they are the first Premier league team to pop.

Not a great fan of the bloated beast that is the EPL but Man City have never been a wee diddy team...whatever the hell that is !

That's like saying we're a wee diddy team. 

It's just foolish !

Surely this games well worth £15 or £10 concessions.

The chance to see our new striker plus the possibility of Soapy making an appearance at some point.

Our injuries clearing up and the team getting back to some kind of normal.

Plus we need to put that 5-0 result firmly in the past by dumping Livingston out the cup.

It'll be money well spent imo.

32 minutes ago, Boab said:

Not a great fan of the bloated beast that is the EPL but Man City have never been a wee diddy team...whatever the hell that is !

It's just foolish !

You can’t say that Man City aren’t a ‘wee diddy team’ whilst in the same sentence saying that you don’t know what it means and call me out as foolish!

Ask any Manchester United fan

about Manchester City in the 1990’s and they would confirm their diddy status. They were so much of an irrelevance over the years to Manchester United that they had to search out Leeds United & Liverpool as rivals. 

13 hours ago, Jambo100 said:

Top of the league and it would sell out.A lot of fingers burnt at murrayfield and we are not top of the league..

What does the bit about Murrayfield mean?

30 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

You can’t say that Man City aren’t a ‘wee diddy team’ whilst in the same sentence saying that you don’t know what it means and call me out as foolish!

Ask any Manchester United fan

about Manchester City in the 1990’s and they would confirm their diddy status. They were so much of an irrelevance over the years to Manchester United that they had to search out Leeds United & Liverpool as rivals. 

?

1 hour ago, Boab said:

It's just foolish !

Lyon was a bit of a blip

Over 50k for the other 2 group games

Just now, maroon said:

Been on hold for ticket office for 15 minutes absolute shambles

Main and Gorgie sold out, not opening any other stands.

Never mind, you can watch  it on the tellybox.

Maybe?

6 minutes ago, graygo said:

Maybe?

There will be a release of more tickets that have been held back no doubt. They seem to love doing that.

7 minutes ago, graygo said:

Maybe?

Maybe you could change that gif weirdo

14 hours ago, been here before said:

You've had weeks to buy tickets. You could have had Premium tickets fot the same price as the "poor seats" if you werent such a pig headed greetin' bairn.

There really isnt an excuse not to go as far as the ticketing is concerened.

Where have I ever said I don’t have my ticket ? My mate Jimmy bought 4 tickets for our wee gang last week 

in good seats in the main stand i’ll find out exactly where on sunday. Because I post an opinion on here you 

attack me with names but it’s ok I forgive you ya wee bam ?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Probably trying to arrange the Wheatfield......

God loves a trier 

11 minutes ago, graygo said:

Maybe?

Just been online and there must be about 300 or so tickets still available in both stands. So not sure where you get your info from but online ticketing doesn't agree.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
15 minutes ago, maroon said:

Been on hold for ticket office for 15 minutes absolute shambles

Having a shite. Nap. Either that or a fire drill

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Having a shite. Nap. Either that or a fire drill

Gave up after 20 can only respect them if they are taking a 20 minute toilet break at work tbf

11 minutes ago, graygo said:

Maybe?

Wouldn't be surprised. 

Not worth forking out on stewarding costs for the sake of a few hundred fans in the Wheatfield.

2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Wouldn't be surprised. 

Not worth forking out on stewarding costs for the sake of a few hundred fans in the Wheatfield.

Assuming the Livingston fans will be in the School End then we could sell tickets for the rest of that stand without opening the Wheatfield if required?

12 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Just been online and there must be about 300 or so tickets still available in both stands. So not sure where you get your info from but online ticketing doesn't agree.

I thought the "maybe?" part would show I was at the ham but in hindsight I should have used a wee emoticon.