Livingston Cup Dot Count

Mikey1874

11 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Sometimes you think maybe the club have to consider  dangling the odd carrot to maybe convince folk to go along. I'm not saying we will, hope we do obviously, but if we were to get to the semi-final and the final people would want tickets. And if the club were to say they would give some sort of additional priority to those who had purchased tickets for and attended the games in the earlier rounds it just might encourage some people to consider going. I'm not even going to try and guess what the crowd will be, However, I'm guessing from what I've read on here we've sold maybe around 6,000 tickets so far. Can we sell say the same amount again in the 1.5 weeks remaining until the game is played, who knows.

Good point. Memory is a bit hazy but something tells me that mightve been the case for a previous cup final, possibly 98 where priority was given to folk who had attended earlier rounds possibly pre loyalty points days. I could be wrong mind!

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• The Treasurer

• luckydug

• Clerry Jambo

We_are_the_Hearts
9 minutes ago, hmfcbilly said:

Good point. Memory is a bit hazy but something tells me that mightve been the case for a previous cup final, possibly 98 where priority was given to folk who had attended earlier rounds possibly pre loyalty points days. I could be wrong mind!

Yip. There should defo be a distinction between League Loyalty Points and Cup Loyalty Points to ensure the fans who support their team in that competition get priority.

The Treasurer
8 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Yip. There should defo be a distinction between League Loyalty Points and Cup Loyalty Points to ensure the fans who support their team in that competition get priority.

Sorry, can't agree with that.

You're saying someone who has attended 3-4 matches should get priority over someone who has attended 30+ matches.

We_are_the_Hearts
6 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Sorry, can't agree with that.

You're saying someone who has attended 3-4 matches should get priority over someone who has attended 30+ matches.

For that competition.

The Treasurer
5 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

For that competition.

Irrelevant what competition it is, those who have attended most matches over the course of a season should always have priority when it comes to "big" games.

I agree that those who have been to cup ties in early rounds should have priority over those that haven't been to any games, but not ahead of those who have followed the team home and away all season, that is where the LP system comes in.

5 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Irrelevant what competition it is, those who have attended most matches over the course of a season should always have priority when it comes to "big" games.

I agree that those who have been to cup ties in early rounds should have priority over those that haven't been to any games, but not ahead of those who have followed the team home and away all season, that is where the LP system comes in.

Agreed. 

We_are_the_Hearts
5 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Just need to agree to disagree mate. IMO those who follow home and away all season in the League get priority in the big games in that competition.
There should be some reward system for the early rounds though, especially as the Cup has been devalued over the years 

scott herbertson

One way of dealing with this would be to up the loyalty points for home cup games specifically. I’m a category B ST holder and accept that I will lose out quite rightly on allocations for games such as Hibs away. Ditto for away cup games and away games where there are limited numbers available. 

Maybe have additional cup loyalty points which which can be added to the normal loyalty points just for cup games that season. So a season ticket holder who had also been to the cup games would have more chance i a limited tickets cup game in later rounds.

2 hours ago, Rudolf said:

Don’t think it would necessarily. It would mean paying for more stewards for segregation etc. 

Wont be much segregation required for Livingston.

Would look better rather than having a few people in the Wheatfield, have them in the Roseburn beside the away fans.

The way sales are just now we won't require either.

3 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

I'm sure that is one f the reasons.

I just find it strange that people, who by having an ST are obviously regulars supporters, choose not to attend what is a very important match.

Football wasn't as expensive in the 70's, stadiums were bigger before redevelopment and there were far fewer ST holders than there are now because there was no chance you would miss out. So factor in that a percentage of current ST holders are paying for their ticket by monthly DD, this cup game even though it's well priced is coming just after the expense of xmas and anybody who is perhaps short of cash will quite understandably take the TV option. In the 70's people would have had the choice of going to either the cup game and missing the next league game or vice versa whereas now they are paying for the league games anyway so the cup games will stretch their budget further and in some cases too far.

Cup LPs will only benefit those who don’t bother with away games. 

Why should someone who goes week in, week out miss out on a ticket to a glamour tie because they missed one game in an earlier round? 

The current system is the most fair to everyone.

The Treasurer
11 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Football wasn't as expensive in the 70's, stadiums were bigger before redevelopment and there were far fewer ST holders than there are now because there was no chance you would miss out. So factor in that a percentage of current ST holders are paying for their ticket by monthly DD, this cup game even though it's well priced is coming just after the expense of xmas and anybody who is perhaps short of cash will quite understandably take the TV option. In the 70's people would have had the choice of going to either the cup game and missing the next league game or vice versa whereas now they are paying for the league games anyway so the cup games will stretch their budget further and in some cases too far.

That reason will of course cover a number of people, but I doubt that 7-8k  ST holders can't afford £15, even at this time of year

We_are_the_Hearts
17 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Why should someone who goes week in, week out miss out on a ticket to a glamour tie because they missed one game in an earlier round? 

What if all our Cup games are away? In the current system someone who went to say Brechin, Qots and Aberdeen in the early rounds could be behind a ST holder who has never been at an Away game in their life.

2 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

What if all our Cup games are away? In the current system someone who went to say Brechin, Qots and Aberdeen in the early rounds could be behind a ST holder who has never been at an Away game in their life.

Realistically though, how many situations like that are likely to occur?

Tickets for high demand games should always go to those with the required number of points.  

We_are_the_Hearts
6 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Realistically though, how many situations like that are likely to occur?

Tickets for high demand games should always go to those with the required number of points.  

I would like to see LPs done by competition. Just an opinion though

1 minute ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

I would like to see LPs done by competition. Just an opinion though

If you don’t mind me asking, to the closest 10,

how many LPs do you have?

Just now, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Fair enough. The cup games themselves are a good opportunity to get points on the board under the current system. 

I just wouldn’t feel comfortable with a system that meant that I could go to 80 games over two seasons but still miss out on a high demand game because I wasn’t able to make 1. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

You can please some people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but never all of the people all of the time.

We_are_the_Hearts
4 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Fair enough. The cup games themselves are a good opportunity to get points on the board under the current system. 

I just wouldn’t feel comfortable with a system that meant that I could go to 80 games over two seasons but still miss out on a high demand game because I wasn’t able to make 1. 

Yeah fair enough mate. Can guarantee the crowd for the Livi game would be a lot bigger though.

Just now, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Yeah fair enough mate. Can guarantee the crowd for the Livi game would be a lot bigger though.

Hopefully with the January pay day for a lot of folk in the next few days, sales will start to surge a bit. I suspect we’ll break 10k by kickoff. 

Fxxx the SPFL
16 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

That would be great because it would mean that Ray Has Got His Feckin Bus Pass wouldn't need to get me out ma seat every 5 minutes while he fecks off for a slash. 

No offence Ray. Happy New Year. Get the Tena pants on for the Dundee match please mate. 

Cheers.

That's the price you pay for hogging an aisle seat Jonno ;)

Fxxx the SPFL
16 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Mibbe give Ray a wee gift from Billy!!

cheers Clerry i should purchase the big slipper as well ah could just empty the pish into them or alternatively pull the strings as i'm passing Jonno lol.

portobellojambo1
3 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

When I posted originally I wasn't meaning to suggest that if someone were to attend only the cup ties in a season they should get priority over other people who have followed the club home and away throughout the duration of a season. As the poster you were responding to said HMFC did something for a previous cup final, and I think he may be rights in identifying it as the 1998 final, pre loyalty points. I was more suggesting that if, for example, we were to reach the Scottish Cup Final for this season then Loyalty Points should be used for initial sales, then it would be a case of considering those who have been to previous cup ties during the season for the next tier of sales before putting it to a general sale.

6 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I am campaigning to get the Wheatfield open because the only seats left are shite. 

:vrface:

Tough. 

1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Agreed

53 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

No big deal financially. We will see about £6 for every full price ticket sold, £2 for every kids ticket. If Hearts fans can’t be bothered paying £5,10 or 15 to watch their team in the cup that says more about them than anything else. We shouldn’t be adjusting/creating loyalty systems just to encourage them to go. 

Theres a total of about 2,500-3,000 who probably go to 75% of away games. Given that any semis or finals are ‘away’ games there’s an argument that says those fans should be first priority for big game tickets. How many different schemes do you want us to have? 

Current lp system maybe isn’t perfect but nobody has yet come up with a better one. 

Edited by soonbe110

27 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

When I posted originally I wasn't meaning to suggest that if someone were to attend only the cup ties in a season they should get priority over other people who have followed the club home and away throughout the duration of a season. As the poster you were responding to said HMFC did something for a previous cup final, and I think he may be rights in identifying it as the 1998 final, pre loyalty points. I was more suggesting that if, for example, we were to reach the Scottish Cup Final for this season then Loyalty Points should be used for initial sales, then it would be a case of considering those who have been to previous cup ties during the season for the next tier of sales before putting it to a general sale.

So a fan that, for whatever reason, can only attend one of three cup ties prior to semi yet attends 15 away league games is a lower priority than a fan who only attends two cup ties?

I dreamt last night Hearts won 3-2 with two brilliant Olly Lee free kicks. You don't want to miss these. 

Edited by Mikey1874

15 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I dreamt last night Hearts won 3-2 with two brilliant Olly Lee free kicks. You don't want to miss these. 

You don't need to go, you've already seen them !?

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

You can away and bile yer heid. No doubt you will be swanning about in the new Main in a Premium seat for 15 raps. 

Have you no shame ? 

Correct...and correct. ?

mainstandjambo

Latest count shows over 5800 now sold. 2 hospitality suites are sold out and only limited availability left in Gorgie Suite. I don't know what the total capacity's are in the Executive and Heritage lounges which are sold out.

Looks like we have sold 400 tickets in past 24 hours for Main and Gorgie.

Excluding Sections T and N there are only 150 seats left in New Stand.     

The Treasurer
8 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Bought 6 at 1pm today. Only T and N had  good availibilty, went for S lower though will get dogs abuse if it rains.

Think you'll be ok, forecast is for snow next weekend :D

30 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Bought 6 at 1pm today. Only T and N had  good availibilty, went for S lower though will get dogs abuse if it rains.

Depends how far down you are. I’m a few rows back in Lower N and don’t ever get wet. 

Thought Police

This is the kind of situation where folk who are desperate for tickets to Easter Road next time didn’t bother to get the generous three points on offer for this game.

2 hours ago, EIEIO said:

You better believe it ?

I wonder if Hearts had given season ticket holders say 3 days to buy their own seats we might of 

seen healthier sales. Why would this happen ? Probably because they’d want to sit in their own seat

beside friends. 

1 hour ago, Thought Police said:

This is the kind of situation where folk who are desperate for tickets to Easter Road next time didn’t bother to get the generous three points on offer for this game.

Do you understand the bigger the game the more people want tickets? It's been that way since football began. 

Our loyalty point system is almost prefect but it still wont stop demand outstripping supply.

haveyouheard 22
14 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Shame our young team won't be there since it's being played on the Sabbath.

Always the next game !!

2 hours ago, Thought Police said:

Exactly

59 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I wonder if Hearts had given season ticket holders say 3 days to buy their own seats we might of 

seen healthier sales. Why would this happen ? Probably because they’d want to sit in their own seat

beside friends. 

My seat isn’t on sale though?

31 minutes ago, Renault said:

Do you understand the bigger the game the more people want tickets? It's been that way since football began. 

Our loyalty point system is almost prefect but it still wont stop demand outstripping supply.

His point though was that there’s 3 lp’s available for this game for £15. A bargain especially for those just short of previous thresholds for ER. Seems not many are taking the opportunity though. 

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

His point though was that there’s 3 lp’s available for this game for £15. A bargain especially for those just short of previous thresholds for ER. Seems not many are taking the opportunity though. 

I fully understand and completely support the loyalty point system. 

But it'll never stop people looking for tickets for a big game. Ever. So all this chat about 5 loyalty points for Cove Rangers away etc means very little. People want the big game.

Thought Police
8 minutes ago, Renault said:

I fully understand and completely support the loyalty point system. 

But it'll never stop people looking for tickets for a big game. Ever. So all this chat about 5 loyalty points for Cove Rangers away etc means very little. People want the big game.

And they’re back of the queue because they don’t go to games like this.

1 minute ago, Thought Police said:

And they’re back of the queue because they don’t go to games like this.

Rightly so. As I have said the loyalty point system we have is almost perfect.

But it won't ever stop demand outstripping supply for the bigger games.