Non-Hearts Transfer Window Thread

tartofmidlothian

3 minutes ago, andyscott82 said:

I must've missed Teplice competing for a league spot with us and only one point separating the two of us. 

A failure to understand is still a failure...…...try reading the post  (in full) my reply referred to first

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• tartofmidlothian

• The Internet

• DH1986

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

A bit like Vanecek then

Its not like Vanecek , he told Teplice he wanted to leave then , hes in a different country , his team are not 1point behind us in the league. We dont play Teplice next game , he didn’t disrespect Teplice , just kept repeating we are his future which is negated by all the other points

1 hour ago, skinnybob72 said:

Defoe completes loan switch.

Rangers 2.0 are running at a huge loss, are running up some fairly large debts and they have an owner who is doing his best to avoid his financial obligations.

They have just signed two players, in Defoe & Davis, who will be on fairly massive wages in terms of Scottish Football - even though I doubt Rangers will be paying anywhere near their full wages.

Are the SFA / SPFL actually asking any questions about how they are financing such signings? While I don't see them going bust (sadly) they are certainly not living within their means and if they were to get into financial difficulty it would be embarrassing for those who 'run' the game if it happened so soon after the original club died. 

The Fifa financial fair play rules must have something in them to prevent what they are doing being legal? Thats not bitterness much as id love them to go bust again if mainly due to the way they walk over Scottish football with no respect for others it just seems insane they can throw money at things have massive debts yet just keep doing it. Banks wont allow them to run up a debt to them as they did previously surely? 

14 minutes ago, sadj said:

The Fifa financial fair play rules must have something in them to prevent what they are doing being legal? Thats not bitterness much as id love them to go bust again if mainly due to the way they walk over Scottish football with no respect for others it just seems insane they can throw money at things have massive debts yet just keep doing it. Banks wont allow them to run up a debt to them as they did previously surely? 

Surely that's why the Defoe and (if I'm not mistaken) Davis moves are loans? I mean, who does an 18 month loan? 

Who says sevco are paying much of Defoe’s wages. After all we didn’t pay much of Naismiths.

nobody knows.

of course hopefully they are and it all helps in bringing 2.0 to the wall, but there’s a possibility his parent club just want him playing 

9 hours ago, CJGJ said:

A failure to understand is still a failure...…...try reading the post  (in full) my reply referred to first

Pardon me? A failure to understand the difference between Jones and Vanecek perhaps? .......... I read the post (in full) you replied to. If you fail to understand why two circumstances that seem similar are actually quite different then I'm sorry. 

Tynecastle Valhalla

Rangers making some v good signings 

where is the money coming from ?

there are rumours of an unsavoury source funding 

Burke to Celtic is a good signing too 

Jones of kili is a scumbag 

The Internet
55 minutes ago, wallace_mercer said:

Rangers making some v good signings 

where is the money coming from ?

there are rumours of an unsavoury source funding 

They've made two free transfers from Killie and Dundee and one loan deal. They will not be paying all of Defoe's wages. It's hardly Galactico stuff. 

United fan in peace here. We’ve been linked with Osman Sow today, and am wondering what type of striker he is. 

With Nesbitt, and potentially Sow, Gomis and Pawlett coming in, it looks like Neilson’s going after players he’s worked with before, so I may be on here to ask about players a wee bit between now and the end of the month.

14 minutes ago, DUFCFan said:

United fan in peace here. We’ve been linked with Osman Sow today, and am wondering what type of striker he is. 

With Nesbitt, and potentially Sow, Gomis and Pawlett coming in, it looks like Neilson’s going after players he’s worked with before, so I may be on here to ask about players a wee bit between now and the end of the month.

Very good finisher and good in the air only criticism would be doesnt use his strength and size to his full potetnial on the ball and sometimes can go missing in games

The Old Tolbooth
17 minutes ago, DUFCFan said:

It's a shame for him as he hasn't really done anything since leaving Hearts, but he's deffo worth in punt in that league as he's been there and done it before, he might be just what you need to make a proper title bid as long as he's kept fit. 

Maroonblood22
30 minutes ago, DUFCFan said:

Terrific ability, quality player, made of glass!

bringonthesevco
4 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

They've made two free transfers from Killie and Dundee and one loan deal. They will not be paying all of Defoe's wages. It's hardly Galactico stuff. 

They won’t be paying all of his wages but between Defoe and Davis their wage bill has just risen massively ...

rudi must stay
53 minutes ago, DUFCFan said:

Sow's a fantastic talent. One of the most talented players ive seen in a Hearts shirt, yes injuries are brought him but he's been had a few 90 minutes now and got through them. He would be a great signing

Striker wise I'd say he is an old fashioned poacher, won't win much from goal kicks. But create chances and he'll put plenty away  

2 hours ago, DUFCFan said:

A great striker of the ball, scored more than a couple belters during his time here. Fitness might be an issue, it’s why we passed on him in the summer. Definitely a good player at that level though. 

doctor jambo
5 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Rangers debt is currently bigger than that of all the other top flight clubs put together.

Considering 6 years ago they had no debt at all, surely no-one can say they haven't achieved anything!

Rangers are away to recall Ryan Hardie back from Livi, strange move considering they've just brought in Defoe..... Morelos/Lafferty  away ??

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, Lego Knees said:

Rangers are away to recall Ryan Hardie back from Livi, strange move considering they've just brought in Defoe..... Morelos/Lafferty  away ??

Could be, or maybe it's just to weaken an unexpected rival

32 minutes ago, Lego Knees said:

Lafferty won’t be going anywhere until the summer.

jamboinglasgow
44 minutes ago, Lego Knees said:

Could be that Gerrard wants a closer look at him like Levein did with a few players last season who had been on loan. If he doesn't feel Hardie us ready he will go back to livingston

rudi must stay
3 hours ago, tokyowalnut said:

I don't think much of Celtic signing Burke. I think he's only played 30 odd club games in his career.

Burke is the sort of player most teams in the league would dream of. He'll chip in with goals, I don't rate them much at the back though, which gives everyone a chance

Edited by rudi must stay

6th window in a row Cole Stockton on the move

Wrexham on Loan from Tranmere

so January 2019 - wrexham

august 2018 - tranmere

january 2017 - carlisle

summer 2017 - hearts

january 2017 - Tranmere (Loan recall)

summer 2016 - morecembe (Loan)

think since summer 2017 he’s scored all in 3/4 goals 

perhaps refound his level

Hannibal Lecter

Ex Ross County defender Andrew Davies rumoured over the weekend to be heading to Dundee to link up with his old County manager. Left Hartlepool by mutual consent earlier today.

chester copperpot
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Be a sore one for you Liverpool chaps.

Sanchez out the door, if he's in. 

Sanchez was never ever worth the reported wages Utd flung at him.

Would be a bit gutted if the magician ended up there though. 

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, chester copperpot said:

Sanchez was never ever worth the reported wages Utd flung at him.

Would be a bit gutted if the magician ended up there though. 

Balague reckons it's not happening. Best journalist around on Transfer Rumours

chester copperpot
2 minutes ago, Barack said:

No, he wasn't. Surprised he never got going at Utd though. Jose hardly helped matters.

As for Coutinho, it's only money. Nothing more. 

If Liverpool want him, he'd go there. If Man City come in with an offer...he'll go there. If Bayern do...

He's like the Brazilian Milinkovic 

tartofmidlothian
On 05/01/2019 at 22:22, maroon said:

Haven't seen George Weah's son moving to Celtic mentioned yet. Is he any good?

Edit: don't know how maroon got there but I can't remove them. ?

Edited by tartofmidlothian

Celtic sign the Ivorian boy. 2 caps, how does he get a work permit??  It’ll be like sadiq at rangers. Got a permit cos gerrard turned up to the hearing and told the panel he was class. Turned out he was crap 

3 hours ago, jamboy1982 said:

Celtic sign the Ivorian boy. 2 caps, how does he get a work permit??  It’ll be like sadiq at rangers. Got a permit cos gerrard turned up to the hearing and told the panel he was class. Turned out he was crap 

Bayo, on a 4 year deal subject to work permit and medical.

Whats the work permit criteria again?

On 07/01/2019 at 10:50, DUFCFan said:

You will certainly know all about Morgaro. Hopefully he's fit and can produce what he's capable of 

Fantastic player 

rudi must stay
17 minutes ago, Jim Weir said:

You will certainly know all about Morgaro. Hopefully he's fit and can produce what he's capable of 

Fantastic player 

Morgaro is a good pro. He is very slow though, question marks over that one if they do sign him

BackOfTheNet

Have Hibs signed Gauld yet? I’m seeing Hibs players getting interviewed talking about looking forward to playing with him but as far as I can see he’s not signed. Seems a little premature to be talking like that, no matter how likely the signing is. FWIW I think he’d be a good signing for them and won’t write him off just because it’s them. Just find it a bit odd all the talk being like he has signed when as far as I can see he hasn’t yet.

On 07/01/2019 at 14:09, Lego Knees said:

hearing swap to get jordan jones early

16 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Haven't seen George Weah's son moving to Celtic mentioned yet. Is he any good?

Edit: don't know how maroon got there but I can't remove them. ?

what??

13 hours ago, GYL said:

Bayo, on a 4 year deal subject to work permit and medical.

Whats the work permit criteria again?

It doesn't matter - there'll be 3 ex-Celts on the panel.

2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

It doesn't matter - there'll be 3 ex-Celts on the panel.

Or like a lot at Africans, has a duel nationality, possibly frenxh.