Non-Hearts Transfer Window Thread

tartofmidlothian

jamboinglasgow
Just now, RudiHMFC said:

Can't say I really noticed Doherty and Hamilton and I thought he looked rubbish for Rangers. Might be better than I think though but I can't imagine he'll turn it around at Rangers.

There is a twitter account I follow who look into stats in Scottish football and that person had been calling for Rangers to sign for a while before signing him (the account is owned by a Rangers fan.) But stats showed him being a really good player (also thought it when I saw him.) Got messed about by Rangers.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• tartofmidlothian

• The Internet

• DH1986

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Homme said:

Jones will probably do well. Having a fantastic season.

Is he? Did he not find himself out the team for a few weeks? 2 goals and 0 assists in 19 matches.

Compare that to Greg Stewart, 8 goals and 6 assists in 16 matches.

Edited by RudiHMFC

3 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Is he? Did he not find himself out the team for a few weeks? 2 goals and 0 assists in 19 matches.

Someone said Djoum was having a poor season last night and dished out the stats which on paper weren't that impressive. 

Jones is having a good season. Certainly above average and he should be a good acquisition for the huns.

5 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Was just away to say that , doesn’t appear from games Iv seen to be playing aswell as he was , similar to Mitchell in how his performance has dropped. May be having a couple better players around him has had the same effect as how we see Mitchell just now.

Docherty has talent though , his stats last year suggested he was one of the best midfielders in the league in a poor Hamilton team. If he can get away from Rangers and push on the potential is there imo

5 minutes ago, Homme said:

Someone said Djoum was having a poor season last night and dished out the stats which on paper weren't that impressive. 

Jones is having a good season. Certainly above average and he should be a good acquisition for the huns.

Djoum isn't having a great season, he was good against Hibs but pretty poor for the most part. I wouldn't expect his stats to paint him in a good light. Jones is decent, he has pace but he's not having a great season either.

3 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Djoum isn't having a great season, he was good against Hibs but pretty poor for the most part. I wouldn't expect his stats to paint him in a good light. Jones is decent, he has pace but he's not having a great season either.

Ah, might have been you then!

Djoum is having a good season. Better than his stats suggest 

24 minutes ago, Homme said:

Ah, might have been you then!

Djoum is having a good season. Better than his stats suggest 

Wasn't me, he's been average this season, you can't have one good game against Hibs then suddenly you've had a really good season, for example of somebody having a good season look at Peter Haring in midfield, not sure if his stats stack up as showing he's had a good season but he definitely has.

40 minutes ago, Homme said:

I'm not even thinking of his good game against Hibs. He was our best player for weeks before that too.

No that isn't true.

50 minutes ago, Homme said:

I'm not even thinking of his good game against Hibs. He was our best player for weeks before that too.

Truthful post above.

The Internet

Kamara seems like an indulgent signing. Can see why they'd go for Jones and I reckon he'll kick on at rangers. 

3 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Kamara seems like an indulgent signing. Can see why they'd go for Jones and I reckon he'll kick on at rangers. 

Kamara is the type of player that will look much better beside players on his level rather than the shite he’s had to play alongside at Dundee. Good solid signing, would have taken him here. 

2 hours ago, RudiHMFC said:

Holt and Doherty are obviously not in the plans. Dorrans has barely played because of injury and McCrorie is being used in midfield because they don't have anyone better at the moment so I imagine he fits in somewhere.

I’d take Greg Docherty defo. 

31 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Jones won’t make it at rangers not a chance he’ll make over 50 apps for them

The Internet
21 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Kamara is the type of player that will look much better beside players on his level rather than the shite he’s had to play alongside at Dundee. Good solid signing, would have taken him here. 

Yeah I like him but feels like rangers have just went and got him as a statement after he got some recognition. Don't think he's that much better than Holt or Docherty but could well be proved wrong on that. 

Jones makes me sick. "This dream" - while he's still playing for Killie. 

Anyone who's dream it is to play for (or pretend to be) either side the old firm can do one. Moronic. Thick. Bigoted. Arseholes.

Sexton Hardcastle

He’ll play a season and a half, loaned out down south and back playing for st Johnstone or some mob just like all the others who go to sign for their ‘boyhood team’.

1 minute ago, Sarah O said:

Anyone who's dream it is to play for (or pretend to be) either side the old firm can do one. Moronic. Thick. Bigoted. Arseholes.

Followed by WATP and Union Jack 

9 hours ago, Sarah O said:

For some it is a dream, he'll be earning money like he never has before and playing in front of around 50k every other week, it's nippy but most players in Scottish football will jump at the chance to sign for Rangers or Celtic.

The Apprentice
10 hours ago, Sarah O said:

Kris Boyd probably drove him to Ibrox to sign the contract. On the radio yesterday they were saying that Boyd had said Killie can’t win the league and he thinks that Rangers will. There’s a surprise! 

Jones has been hugely disrespectful. I’d not play him at all if I were Clarke.

What happens if Killie and Rangers are toe to toe on the last Europe spot or something? I wouldn’t expect Jones to be professional given his WATP pish.

Alex Kintner
10 minutes ago, kila said:

Jones has been hugely disrespectful. I’d not play him at all if I were Clarke.

What happens if Killie and Rangers are toe to toe on the last Europe spot or something? I wouldn’t expect Jones to be professional given his WATP pish.

Maybe trying to force Killie to sell him just now for a nominal fee

CloustonHMFC

If I was Steve Clarke I wouldn’t be selling Jones early and sticking him in the reserves for the rest of the season. Horrendous chat from a player still contracted to a club. 

The Internet
12 hours ago, Heres Rixxy said:

McCormack signs for Well. 

Great signing on paper. 

Should secure their spot in the top 9. 

18 hours ago, sadj said:

Originally signed in 2016 from Middlesbrough, Jones has gone on to establish himself as one of the top wingers in the Scottish Premiership, scoring nine goals and providing 22 assists in 108 games.

Is it me or that a poor return? 

Not sure where these stats come from but he has played 102 games in league and Cup, scored 9 and assisted 10. 

This season with Killie flying he has assisted 0, last season 4 (and one in the league Cup) 

His stats are really uninspiring and I honestly think if he was in maroon, with stats like those, everyone would be calling for him to be dropped. 

For comparison, Don Cowie in 2016—2018 scored 4 and assisted 11

Edit-Cowie were in 69 games 

Edited by Bozi

Just now, Bozi said:

Not sure where these stats come from but he has played 102 games in league and Cup, scored 9 and assisted 10. 

This season with Killie flying he has assisted 0, last season 4 (and one in the league Cup) 

His stats are really uninspiring and I honestly think if he was in maroon, with stats like those, everyone would be calling for him to be dropped. 

For comparison, Don Cowie in 2016—2018 scored 4 and assisted 11

That was from the BBC report on him signing a pre-contract , agreed though.

44 minutes ago, Barack said:

Sit him on his arse, like Boyd.

They can have wee lovey chats about Rangers. Boyd can live his Rangers fantasy, vicariously through Jones then, instead of the media.

Never going to happen.

51 minutes ago, clouston1992 said:

If I was Steve Clarke I wouldn’t be selling Jones early and sticking him in the reserves for the rest of the season. Horrendous chat from a player still contracted to a club. 

Killie are a club with pretty much zero self respect.....

They give up their stadium to the OF when they come to town and allow one of their senior players to publically tamper with himself over Rangers. It’s no wonder Jones thinks he’s actions are acceptable.

Steven Davis loan deal to Rangers until summer. Apparently, he is keeping his options open. I am sure that the Rangers fans will welcome his undying commitment to the cause.?

1 minute ago, daveyhmfc said:

Steven Davis loan deal to Rangers until summer. Apparently, he is keeping his options open. I am sure that the Rangers fans will welcome his undying commitment to the cause.?

It’s like 2012 all over again.

1 minute ago, benny said:

What was Jones supposed to do.

Turn down a huge pay rise.

Not at all, just not be a complete **** about it and jeapordise your position at your current employer.

Tennant's  6's
1 hour ago, PsychocAndy said:

Jordan Jones, this years  Michael O'Halloran 

Could very well be. Weakens a rival, strengthens their cgsbces if getting 2nd place, but displacing celtic?.. 

I'd love Hearts to almost indoctrinate our young players into looking past those two clubs, and instead targeting a decent Championship club to move to like Callum Paterson 

53 minutes ago, benny said:

What was Jones supposed to do.

Turn down a huge pay rise.

Just stay quiet about it till he signs full time.

Decided to show how much signing for Rangers means to him. 

Suppose Kris Boyd set the example for him. 

Bazzas right boot
20 hours ago, Homme said:

Jones will probably do well. Having a fantastic season.

Less goals and assists than Lee, Harring and I think even Djoum 

He brings an air of uncertainty and creativity, for sure but his effectiveness is still to be proven.

3 hours ago, PsychocAndy said:

Jordan Jones, this years  Michael O'Halloran 

Thats exactly what I said earlier, he's not good enough to take them forward and will end up being loaned out and nit heard of again 

2 hours ago, Barack said:

Wife will have told him, she's not moving herself, & the kids, back up to Glasgow again.

Change her tune, when he's offered a gig in the USA however...

BTW u might not be too far away with that?

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Just stay quiet about it till he signs full time.

Decided to show how much signing for Rangers means to him. 

Suppose Kris Boyd set the example for him. 

A bit like Vanecek then

LarrysRightFoot

Defoe and Davis are fantastic signings IMO. I can’t see Defoe struggling like some others who have come up here and thought it would be a holiday camp have. You never know though.

As for Jones and Kamara they are low risk signings but they are not guaranteed to be a success. A lot of players struggle with the demands of playing for the OF.

Defoe completes loan switch.

Rangers 2.0 are running at a huge loss, are running up some fairly large debts and they have an owner who is doing his best to avoid his financial obligations.

They have just signed two players, in Defoe & Davis, who will be on fairly massive wages in terms of Scottish Football - even though I doubt Rangers will be paying anywhere near their full wages.

Are the SFA / SPFL actually asking any questions about how they are financing such signings? While I don't see them going bust (sadly) they are certainly not living within their means and if they were to get into financial difficulty it would be embarrassing for those who 'run' the game if it happened so soon after the original club died. 

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

A bit like Vanecek then

I must've missed Teplice competing for a league spot with us and only one point separating the two of us.